Shell Recruitment Day (SRD), What's all about ... and Shell Lounge

views

SUSDavid83
post Feb 4 2006, 04:32 PM, updated 16y ago

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Hi guys,

Anybody been to Shell Recruitment Day (SRD)? Mind share your experiences in this thread.

Thank you.

Stitchy� w/o stitches

This post has been edited by David83: Apr 1 2006, 11:42 AM
sheeeng
post Feb 4 2006, 04:50 PM

ソフト エンジニア
688 posts

I would like to know too. Pls share ur exp.
Thanks in advance.
kb2005
post Feb 4 2006, 04:59 PM

Yahoo!
All Stars
17,373 posts

What position ?
SUSDavid83
post Feb 4 2006, 05:05 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Under the Graduates and Early Career ...

Stitchy� w/o stitches
wlcling
post Feb 5 2006, 01:07 AM

Hippidy Hoppidy
2,711 posts

Just FYI guys,

If you were to search Jobstreet for jobs under SHELL Cyberjaya, it is possible to key in "Micom" as a keyword in your search, since I believe that is an Agency which is recruiting for SHELL....(possibly one year contract with this agency before SHELL decides to absorb or not)
SUSDavid83
post Feb 5 2006, 01:18 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

What's the difference between Shell Cyberjaya and Shell Damansara Heights? Which one is the HQ?

Stitchy�

SUSxander83
post Feb 5 2006, 01:49 AM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

damansara is their hq

cyber is their data centre
montell81
post Feb 5 2006, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

Hello,

Anyone went for the first asessment? there was a first assessment at Shell House (the one at Damansara Heights) some time last week, anybody has an information about when roughly the recruitment day would be?
SUSDavid83
post Feb 5 2006, 12:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

According to them, the SRD will be held somewhen in March. Exact date isn't define yet and those who passed the first interview assessment will be notified later.

Stitchy�

Mavik
post Feb 5 2006, 07:13 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

Ok the Shell Recruitment Day is a day where potential candidates will spend the entire day going through case studies, interviews, team case studies and other activities. After that they will decide on who to hire.

Shell in Cyberjaya is the Data Centre for Shell Globally while the one in Damansara is Shell Malaysia. There is also a Shell Consultancy in KLCC but I think that is the Asia Pacific Region branch. Not very sure about that.
KidsCode
post Feb 5 2006, 07:30 PM

-----NoLimits!-----
Group Icon
Elite
6,649 posts

Shell Cyberjaya, or SITI (Shell Information Techology International) its more on IT line / IT support, as for Shell KL, more to the oil product line...

The Shell Recruitment its for it permanent staff, as for the MICOM mention, its more to the contract side, but most of the opening its on SITI.

Shell Recruitment 1 its tough, but able get throught, its good...
SUSDavid83
post Feb 5 2006, 08:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Any tips or things that need special care or preparations?

Stitchy�
Mavik
post Feb 6 2006, 09:11 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

Well the case studies that my friends went to the last time was about strategic planning as a group on where to place oil refineries, and how you have to reason your choice of locality and such. During the interviews they can ask about anything under the sun but they like to ask alot of about environmental stuff and space exploration stuff. Maybe you can read about alternate fuel energy which Shell is researching on in Germany.
SUSDavid83
post Feb 6 2006, 09:46 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Refining and exploration knowledge ... I know nothing about those stuffs.

Stitchy�
Mavik
post Feb 6 2006, 09:57 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

That is what Google is for. Do your research, don't expect everything to fall on your lap you know tongue.gif

Trust me, the research will do you good, also read up on the business side as well. Shell will only hire those who are broadminded and have good general knowledge. My friends all got turned downed because Shell told them that they are not broad minded enough and have a very narrow way of thinking. These guys aren't that dumb, first class students with a masters from the UK.

So do yourself a favour and start researching, a lot!

This post has been edited by Mavik: Feb 6 2006, 10:00 AM
Noyze
post Feb 6 2006, 10:20 AM

Auratus Nottiness
1,088 posts

yup sometimes the person who thinks they know too much are the ones that are shot down. I come from a Shell Family and even grew up the Shell way. So I roughly know what kind of person they are looking for.

I've even seen a Diploma Holder selected over a degree holder. It's all about attitude and please dun lie and also make sure u get ur facts right. They love a good arguement but make sure it's all facts.

SUSDavid83
post Feb 6 2006, 11:48 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Feb 6 2006, 09:57 AM)
That is what Google is for. Do your research, don't expect everything to fall on your lap you know tongue.gif

Trust me, the research will do you good, also read up on the business side as well. Shell will only hire those who are broadminded and have good general knowledge. My friends all got turned downed because Shell told them that they are not broad minded enough and have a very narrow way of thinking. These guys aren't that dumb, first class students with a masters from the UK.

So do yourself a favour and start researching, a lot!
Business side? What you meant by this?

Stitchy�
Mavik
post Feb 6 2006, 12:21 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

Cover not just the technical side of Oil and Exploration or anything in what Shell is doing but check out their businesses as well.

In terms of case study, don't think from a technical term only but look at it from various views. Try to imagine yourself as a business student answering an engineering case study then try out other roles because all suggestions will be related to the problem.

In short, just practice thinking outside the box.
SUSDavid83
post Feb 6 2006, 12:37 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

About the alternative fuel energy that is being researched in Germany, is that hydrogen fuel?

To think as a business student is extremely difficult for me as an engineering student. sweat.gif

Stitchy�
Mavik
post Feb 6 2006, 01:37 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Feb 6 2006, 12:37 PM)
About the alternative fuel energy that is being researched in Germany, is that hydrogen fuel?

To think as a business student is extremely difficult for me as an engineering student. sweat.gif

Stitchy�
I was an engineering student also but I still managed to get into the mindset of a business student so there aren't any excuses you know wink.gif

Just work hard on researching the company and finding out more about the business they are in. Yes the research is on hydrogen fuel in fuel cell technology smile.gif

157 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0386sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:49 AM