Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis The Official Maxis FTTH Thread | v3, Maxis Home Fibre Internet, from RM138

views

tonynk9
post Sep 21 2012, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(SonicSpyro @ Sep 20 2012, 11:35 PM)
Anyone here having any issues with their routers? I came back today and found that when 1 of my devices (smartphone) is connected to wireless, the router is unable to provide an IP address to my laptop, which is connected via LAN cable. I changed my laptop to wireless while still having the phone connected, it connected but still without any IP.

I turned off WiFi on the phone and connected my laptop to WiFi and it works like a charm but then, I decided to turn WiFi on my phone again, the laptop starts to disconnect. It's an either or situation. I dunno what could have caused this. Yesterday, it was all good.

Troubleshooting I did:
ipconfig /renew @ /release
netsh int ipv4 @ ipv6 reset
Restarted DHCP client through msconfig
and so many more until I can't remember...
I even checked my Event Viewer and found that it was showing error 0x79 on the DHCP client... Googled and still can't solve it... In the end, I just tried disconnecting one and connecting the other and it's smooth sailing from there...

tl;dr version:

Connect 1, the other can't get IP address. icon_question.gif
Same thing hapening to me! Urghhh...

N theres no light at the front wireless logo

tonynk9
post Oct 24 2012, 01:08 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

Same here.. Internet not working. Thomson router internet light turn red.. Anyone facing this issue? Thomson router failure? But the modem light all seems normal.... Inoticed that connection lost a few second these few days

This post has been edited by tonynk9: Oct 24 2012, 01:10 AM
tonynk9
post Oct 24 2012, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

the issues started after midnight yesterday: vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif
1. the internet LED light at the router turnd red a few times and disconnected for a few secs and after a few hours later im not able to use internet at all
2. when i try to connect it shows authentication failed (im 100pct sure i keyed the correct password as im using the same password to login just now)
4. but the weird thing was my VOIP phone worked with no issue, isnt it supposed to affect VOIP since it using internet connections as well??no?
5.just called maxis CS service for the authentication failed problem... the operator said that he reset my modem settings while i talked to him using the VOIP phone... then he asked me to login and internet working again.... hmmm im suddenly hv a feeling that maxis is doing something fishy with my connection as i didn't change any setting in my modem & router... hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif

This post has been edited by tonynk9: Oct 24 2012, 10:37 PM
tonynk9
post Oct 24 2012, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Oct 24 2012, 10:47 PM)
Are you on Public IP address ?
no... private IP (it ends with @home.maxis.my) this should be private ip right? dun no much abt this IP thingy tongue.gif

This post has been edited by tonynk9: Oct 24 2012, 11:02 PM
tonynk9
post Oct 24 2012, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(ronnie @ Oct 24 2012, 11:01 PM)
Typical Public IP address problem... switch over to private IP and enjoying top speed on direct downloads ...
ok just ignore me i know nuts heheh tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by tonynk9: Oct 24 2012, 11:08 PM
tonynk9
post Oct 24 2012, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

ok wait it ends with @home.maxis.my... private or public ip?

what could be the problem actually? care to explain? thanks!

This post has been edited by tonynk9: Oct 24 2012, 11:13 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:04 AM