views

kenrain
post Aug 14 2012, 11:26 AM

24 posts

Very nicely done bugg! Very useful! rclxms.gif
kenrain
post Aug 16 2012, 09:40 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Aug 16 2012, 07:50 AM)
Let me know if you can find someone. Im interested. I too dont quite wanna replace a full set of lights.
Will it temper the warranty? hmm.gif

Added on August 16, 2012, 9:40 am
QUOTE(Dagashi @ Aug 16 2012, 09:40 AM)
Where do you guys normally service your car in pj/kl?
I am going for my first service tomorrow at red cube PJ.

This post has been edited by kenrain: Aug 16 2012, 09:40 AM
kenrain
post Aug 17 2012, 11:37 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(bUGG @ Aug 17 2012, 01:32 AM)
Done my full strip 2 Way LED Tail Light.
OMG poisoning...
kenrain
post Aug 22 2012, 10:47 AM

24 posts

What I faced so far is on the alignment slight pull to the left and also the auto wiper mode not wiping at the correct speed as the rain. Sometimes when just drizzling, it will wipe real fast, or at times, does't wipe at all. When I tried to put it to manual 1st speed, it is quite fast as in it doesn't suit the drizzling rain condition. Not sure if any bro faced the same situation as me.

Added on August 22, 2012, 10:56 amHere's my feedback on some of your issues here:
QUOTE(funnybone @ Aug 22 2012, 10:45 AM)
I'm not a fan of korean cars but this K5 is giving me the chills. It look awesome and frankly am thinking of getting it. Me driving a Honday City at the moment. It will be a big shift for me from a JP car to a KR car. Would like to enquire:

1) Dependable meaning at least no problem to start up and run?
2) Any nagging issues for first 6 mths?
3) Fuel consumption is not entirely and issue but would like to ask as well.. My FC for 90% city driving is 11litre/100km - caught in jam everyday from 8-9am and 6-7pm
4) Cost of servicing at what value for normal service? My first 1k service is around RM 290 and you can refer to the service chart from TS for maintenance price
BTW...how to enter the red cube KIA showroom at Federal Highway. Coming from KL direction.
I am not sure whether there's any shorter way, but what I did is to make a U-Turn from Sunway bridge and take the left turning and immediately turn right there, about 500m before KIA Red Cube.
I believe that will be the showroom and service center as well.Yes it is
This post has been edited by kenrain: Aug 22 2012, 10:56 AM
kenrain
post Aug 24 2012, 03:29 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(ericfinn @ Aug 23 2012, 09:49 PM)
Guys...anyone interested to get this full led inner tail light?..i am looking for minimum 10 participants for a group purchase. Price is USD240 only....
I am interested as well.
kenrain
post Aug 26 2012, 09:25 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(sidhu13 @ Aug 26 2012, 08:39 PM)
Got my package last Thursday. Exactly 7 days to ship..
Just had the time to fix it... So those interested do let me know k guys...
Its OEM MOBIS parts with 1 year warranty..

Next up, need the exhaust! hahaha...
OMG I can't wait to have this drool.gif

Added on August 26, 2012, 9:28 pm
QUOTE(K5WHITE @ Aug 26 2012, 06:42 PM)
For us market k5 they don't need to rewire coz memang for them. Ours, need to rewire.

Eric, how our payment to u process u expecting?
Bro, when you say rewire, what does that means? Is it that there is additional wire required to be added all the way from the control panel to the rear, or a split wiring is required at some point at the rear?

This post has been edited by kenrain: Aug 26 2012, 09:28 PM
kenrain
post Sep 13 2012, 04:20 PM

24 posts

regulars all being poisoned with mod. Join the FB group and be poisoned too...
kenrain
post Sep 14 2012, 04:23 PM

24 posts

No market report for June onwards:

"Due to the position of the Competition Commission that sharing of historical data will cause an increase in prices, and is an offence under the Competition Act, we have to suspend publishing the data for the time being. The Malaysian Automotive Association, which collects and supplies the data, is preparing a legal case to get exemption from the law in this specific area so that its members can continue to share data as they have for the past 50 years."
kenrain
post Sep 18 2012, 06:11 PM

24 posts

true haha including my tail lamp tongue.gif
kenrain
post Dec 2 2012, 02:40 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(ckwong111 @ Dec 2 2012, 01:08 AM)
Yep, kudos and thanks for the advice on the foot brake. On uneven or sloping road, you have to depress the foot brake fully to get the car to (close) to a dead stop.

Manage to get the BT to stream songs to the Infinity. Now need the sifus here to advice what file format and size of of external USB drive which the Infinity can detect.

I have a 16GB SanDisk USB formatted in NTFS file format, the Infinity says USB reading error. Then, I formatted a Kingston (1GB) with FAT32 and FAT, still the Infinity says USB reading error. All the USB created and formatted using Windows 7.

Any idea what file format and file size the Infinity can support?

Secondly, I have inserted 6 CDs into the Infinity. On all the CDs, there will be this issue where certain songs (random) were having problem being "read" by the player and the song is like unable to play correctly (like the during the whole song, it would skip 1-2 seconds and play like in a forward mode) and I need to stop and start the player to solve the problem.

Anyone here encounter this problem before?
I am having the same problem on the USB too. Instead of using Windows 7, I use Windows XP to format the USB and then copy the file to the USB and it seems to solve my problem.
kenrain
post Dec 5 2012, 11:37 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Dec 5 2012, 11:07 AM)
I wanna share this experience of mine which just happened about 6.45am this morning. I was driving from KL to Ipoh at about 150kmph and suddenly my rear tyre blew out. This wasnt a gradual loss of air. It was a total immediate blowout. My tire was torn 90% along the rim. I was in the midst of overtaking a trailer just before Gopeng (2 lanes) when it happened. I thought i was about to slam into the guardrail but luckily in a split second the Stability Control engaged and i was able to manoeuvre to safety. There was really no space for me to do a counter steer due to the close proximity of the trailer so im really lucky the stability control system engaged in time. This is my first experience with the system and i must say it worked perfectly.

But im really concerned about the Nexen tyre. I didnt go over any pothole and there was no debris on the highway. After i stopped i even walked back about 200m to check while waiting for Plus Ronda to come. They even commented that this particular tyre was very hot and they asked me to get it checked.
Glad you're fine bro. I think it's time to change to Eagle F1 Asy 2 as I find the stock nexen tyre too fragile.
kenrain
post Dec 10 2012, 02:20 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Dec 6 2012, 02:05 PM)
Yes but are these owners highlighting the problems with the Nexen tyres to Kia HQ? Cuz according to them, im the only one with problems with the Nexen.
I am also facing a problem with the stock nexen tyres where my rims was dented after I went through a big pothole but didn't highlight to Kia HQ as I am not sure which is the right channel to voice this matter to and whether they'd do anything with it even if it is highlighted to them.

Previously I did highlight the juddering wiper to the SA and he acknowledge it is a common problem and many K5 owner reported this, however there's no any follow up action on this.
kenrain
post Dec 26 2012, 11:23 PM

24 posts

Dear bros,

I saw the technician spray water to the engine after testing drive my car. Is that a common practice?

Attached Image

Also, after the change of engine oil, high rev produce white smoke but after some time high revving doesn't produce white smoke anymore. Is that common as well?

This post has been edited by kenrain: Dec 26 2012, 11:26 PM
kenrain
post Dec 27 2012, 11:08 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(K5WHITE @ Dec 27 2012, 10:47 AM)
the white smoke maybe from the spilled oil when they pour the new oil in. When the engine starts, the engine hot parts will burn the oil, hence the white smoke

if it clears up in a while, it is okey then
Allright thanks for the confirmation bro.
kenrain
post Dec 28 2012, 02:26 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(flex3x @ Dec 28 2012, 01:48 PM)
What engine oil will be used for servicing ? Full syn ?
Yes our K5 using full synthetic engine oil from Petronas Syntium. Some SC do serve Shell.
kenrain
post Dec 30 2012, 11:27 PM

24 posts

Dear bros, please register and vote for our beloved K5 as the best model in its category. You stand a chance to win RM 300 too!

http://www.autoworld.com.my/car-awards-2012/register.asp

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0637sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:26 PM