Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Change of Name on "Cukai Taksiran" statement

views

TSeastern
post Aug 13 2012, 11:12 AM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
289 posts

Dear Seniors,

Recently I received a "cukai taksiran" / assessment statement from DBKL, but I noticed the name still states the previous owner.

May I know what's the procedure for changing the name / ownership on the assessment statement?

Thank you.
berzerk
post Aug 13 2012, 11:16 AM

Enthusiast
705 posts

i too would like to know the answer
danielisme
post Aug 13 2012, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,211 posts

Bring your photo copy of snp and photo copy ic. And original latest cukai taksiran bill statement which already paid . Bring these three items to dbkl and changed name.. I did it but mine is mpkj
king_eric
post Aug 13 2012, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

I did mine at MPS sepang. the very the fast, on the spot update. . .
feizaiII
post Aug 13 2012, 12:34 PM

***** Genuine? *****
3,310 posts

Tumbang thread..

What if not going to change? And the current owner never pay? Will DBKL looking for prev owner?
munkeyflo
post Aug 14 2012, 02:58 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(eastern @ Aug 13 2012, 11:12 AM)
Dear Seniors,

Recently I received a "cukai taksiran" / assessment statement from DBKL, but I noticed the name still states the previous owner.

May I know what's the procedure for changing the name / ownership on the assessment statement?

Thank you.
I'm also looking into this. The other day I went to MBSA to amend the owner's name cause it was misspelled. Just had to fill up form and didn't have to submit any S&P or title whatsoever.

But my other property under DBKL has its assessment under previous owner's name. Is there any other way than to go all the way to DBKL office?

Nvm, I just called them and the customer service girl was very helpful. For all those wanting to change owner name...
1. Download 1st and 2nd form here: http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...mid=860&lang=ms
Forms to fill - Borang Pemilik Penyata and Borang I & J
2. Submit the filled forms together with photocopy of owner's I/C and full photocopy of S&P. S&P copy not required to stamp or certify true copy or anything, just as long as the whole set is photocopied can edi.

That's it and you're done. If don't want to go to DBKL, can post it to them and address to "Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta" as per address on the 2 forms.

The direct line to call for the person in charge if any questions is 03-26171036 or their department's general line at 03-26171000.

This post has been edited by munkeyflo: Aug 14 2012, 03:28 PM
fahrur_07
post Aug 14 2012, 09:33 PM

~unite against racism~
1,273 posts

how about mpkj?
same procedure?
TSeastern
post Oct 3 2012, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Aug 14 2012, 02:58 PM)
I'm also looking into this. The other day I went to MBSA to amend the owner's name cause it was misspelled. Just had to fill up form and didn't have to submit any S&P or title whatsoever.

But my other property under DBKL has its assessment under previous owner's name. Is there any other way than to go all the way to DBKL office?

Nvm, I just called them and the customer service girl was very helpful. For all those wanting to change owner name...
1. Download 1st and 2nd form here: http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...mid=860&lang=ms
2. Submit the filled forms together with photocopy of owner's I/C and full photocopy of S&P. S&P copy not required to stamp or certify true copy or anything, just as long as the whole set is photocopied can edi.

That's it and you're done. If don't want to go to DBKL, can post it to them and address to "Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta" as per address on the 2 forms.

The direct line to call for the person in charge if any questions is 03-26171036 or their department's general line at 03-26171000.
Any particular period / dateline to change name / ownership? I haven't change the ownership since I moved in?

Thank you.
will ooi
post Oct 3 2012, 11:10 AM

Getting Started
126 posts

I did it for my house at MPAJ. Just need to bring S&P copy and filled a form on the spot.

err...out of topic a bit but similar thing, change my name on Indah Water as well, this one easier, call Indah Water, get a reference number and email them my S&P scanned copy.

Added on October 3, 2012, 11:12 am
QUOTE(eastern @ Oct 3 2012, 11:06 AM)
Any particular period / dateline to change name / ownership? I haven't change the ownership since I moved in?

Thank you.
I think as long as you pay the tax, any MP or DB or Daerah won't care what the name on it.
I drag for 3 years to change name on my house. My house in Ampang by the way.

This post has been edited by will ooi: Oct 3 2012, 11:27 AM
munkeyflo
post Oct 3 2012, 11:20 AM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(eastern @ Oct 3 2012, 11:06 AM)

Thank you.
Don't think so. I actually never really bothered to change the ownership name and just continue to pay the assessment fee every year. At least over 3-4 years already and they never ask when it was transferred or anything.
TSeastern
post Oct 3 2012, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

Thank you will and munkeyflo.

Probably have allocate some time to settle this.
peri peri
post Oct 3 2012, 12:50 PM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(feizaiII @ Aug 13 2012, 12:34 PM)
Tumbang thread..

What if not going to change? And the current owner never pay? Will DBKL looking for prev owner?
they have the right to come in ur house and tahan all the asset (furniture and fittings) until the outstanding value achieved by lelong out to public.

They still out smart u.
SUSUFO-ET
post Oct 3 2012, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,747 posts

QUOTE(feizaiII @ Aug 13 2012, 12:34 PM)
Tumbang thread..

No problem for the previous owner. City Hall will take action against the registered owner only.
My guess is bout 30%-40% of the existing cukai pintu is still under old owner's name.
I hv questioned the officer (land office / Majlis Perbadanan) many times on the auto change of name in the system once the MOT is done in land office, they just ignore my request, sigh... doh.gif
low yat 82
post Nov 9 2012, 09:13 AM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

thanks for d direct line, vry helpful!
dexterhau
post Dec 3 2012, 04:41 PM

On my way
517 posts

These forms are for DBKL right? Do anyone here have changed their name at MPKJ? I doubt it will be the same form right?

I called up MPKJ just now and the lady asked me to purchase the form at RM2.00 from the counter... >.<

Things to bring:-
1. Photocopy NRIC
2. Photocopy SPA
3. Photocopy Latest Paid Cukai Pintu (Can be printed when purchasing the form)
4. Photocopy Proof of Payment on Cukai Taksiran (She didn't mentioned about it but many of you mentioned, after all I will pay it on the spot as well)

Thank you.
munkeyflo
post Dec 3 2012, 04:55 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

Have to purchase the form? rclxub.gif
dexterhau
post Dec 3 2012, 06:43 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Dec 3 2012, 04:55 PM)
Have to purchase the form?  rclxub.gif
Thats why I am asking can I use the form provided in the link? Anyone have same experience?
munkeyflo
post Dec 3 2012, 07:53 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Dec 3 2012, 06:43 PM)
Thats why I am asking can I use the form provided in the link? Anyone have same experience?
Don't think so. Each of them handles different areas, so I doubt you can use the same form.
The DBKL and MBSA forms that I filled up were different.
dexterhau
post Dec 5 2012, 12:50 AM

On my way
517 posts

I am going to MPKJ later. Will update here soon... ^.^
digoil
post Feb 13 2013, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Dec 5 2012, 12:50 AM)
I am going to MPKJ later. Will update here soon... ^.^
Bro, waiting for the update. Thanks.
jepakazoid_82
post Feb 13 2013, 09:54 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

I always wonder why don't the SNP lawyer settle this kind of things for new owner.
dexterhau
post Feb 18 2013, 03:04 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(digoil @ Feb 13 2013, 11:25 AM)
Bro, waiting for the update. Thanks.
Thanks for the reminder. It has been a long time since my last visit to MPKJ.

The experience is COOL!!!! If I were to rate, I will give 9/10.

No people there. No need to queue (but still need to me get number, =.=', wasting paper), after getting my queue number, straight away go counter. Everything was done in less than 30 minutes including travelling up to another floor for changing name.

Maybe I was lucky because thats not the peak period for paying tax. I do asked them why no people around and they said normally beginning of the year and middle of the year will have a lot of people.

So guys, you should know when is the best timing to pay them a visit... ^.^
peri peri
post Feb 27 2013, 12:36 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

i wonder why ur lawyer did not execute this transfer of ownership last time.

U like DIY thing yourself?
wei7
post Mar 2 2013, 06:09 PM

6 posts

Did you buy form there? Or any link online so that we can print and fill in before pay a visit to MPKJ?

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Feb 18 2013, 03:04 PM)
Thanks for the reminder. It has been a long time since my last visit to MPKJ.

The experience is COOL!!!! If I were to rate, I will give 9/10.

No people there. No need to queue (but still need to me get number, =.=', wasting paper), after getting my queue number, straight away go counter. Everything was done in less than 30 minutes including travelling up to another floor for changing name.

Maybe I was lucky because thats not the peak period for paying tax. I do asked them why no people around and they said normally beginning of the year and middle of the year will have a lot of people.

So guys, you should know when is the best timing to pay them a visit... ^.^
dexterhau
post Mar 3 2013, 07:21 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Feb 27 2013, 12:36 PM)
i wonder why ur lawyer did not execute this transfer of ownership last time.

U like DIY thing yourself?
This one lawyer won't do wan. Need to do yourself wan.
dexterhau
post Mar 3 2013, 07:23 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(wei7 @ Mar 2 2013, 06:09 PM)
Did you buy form there? Or any link online so that we can print and fill in before pay a visit to MPKJ?
Yeap. Just get the form from there with RM2 if I am not mistaken. The printing option is only for DBKL but not MPKJ and both forms are different. So no choice... Just go there and buy...
peri peri
post Mar 4 2013, 09:02 AM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Mar 3 2013, 07:21 PM)
wont do doesnt apply all others are the same.

dexterhau
post Mar 4 2013, 05:08 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Mar 4 2013, 09:02 AM)
wont do doesnt apply all others are the same.
Don't get what you meant. =.='
wei7
post Mar 5 2013, 08:57 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Mar 3 2013, 07:23 PM)
Yeap. Just get the form from there with RM2 if I am not mistaken. The printing option is only for DBKL but not MPKJ and both forms are different. So no choice... Just go there and buy...
Thanks for your prompt reply bro smile.gif I went there yesterday. For MPKJ, the form we have to buy is Borang I ''Notis Jualan atau Pindahmilik" which costs RM2.
Process is super fast, arrived there on 4.30pm and the thing done on 4.45pm (include some time for form fill in rclxms.gif )
dexterhau
post Mar 6 2013, 03:18 PM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(wei7 @ Mar 5 2013, 08:57 AM)
Thanks for your prompt reply bro  smile.gif I went there yesterday. For MPKJ, the form we have to buy is Borang I ''Notis Jualan atau Pindahmilik" which costs RM2.
Process is super fast, arrived there on 4.30pm and the thing done on 4.45pm (include some time for form fill in  rclxms.gif )
Glad to hear that... ^.^
Bali ais
post Mar 7 2013, 12:34 AM

Casual
358 posts

QUOTE(dexterhau @ Mar 3 2013, 07:21 PM)
Same here. Shitty lawyer charge me RM200++ for changing name of TNB and Cukai Tafsiran. So i do myself. Take it as a exp also.
dexterhau
post Mar 7 2013, 09:14 AM

On my way
517 posts

QUOTE(Bali ais @ Mar 7 2013, 12:34 AM)
Same here. Shitty lawyer charge me RM200++ for changing name of TNB and Cukai Tafsiran. So i do myself. Take it as a exp also.
Got charge somemore ah? My lawyer pay also don't even wan to change for me... =P
nckiong
post Aug 14 2014, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Recently bought an apartment in KL and realised that this cukai pintu bill have to change name. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! In Sarawak, it is auto-changed once you submit the S&P and name transfer in land survey department. And KL need to change manually??? Oh My God!!!
Win Win Inspiration
post Mar 28 2016, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,708 posts

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Change of Ownership for the purpose of Assessment Tax, in the record of DBKL.

I read somewhere online that we also need the Photocopy IC of the seller/previous owner for the Change Application, is that true?
nookie188
post Mar 28 2016, 10:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,515 posts

QUOTE(Win Win Inspiration @ Mar 28 2016, 10:06 PM)
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Change of Ownership for the purpose of Assessment Tax, in the record of DBKL.

I read somewhere online that we also need the Photocopy IC of the seller/previous owner for the Change Application, is that true?
no , IC not needed..
you need to give a copy of the SPA (relevant pages only)
mot88
post May 4 2016, 11:34 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Updated 4 May 2016
Change name for Assessment- For KL only, DBKL
This is tricky one as you could only go to DBKL Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta, Level 4 Bangunan TH Perdana, Jln Sultan Ismail. The building is next to Maju Junction Mall. You cannot go to other DBKL office as confirmed with UTC and the staff at TH Perdana.

1. Download the Notis Pindah Milik Pegangan Berkadar (Borang I dan J)
http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...atid=19&lang=ms

Step 2(a) and (b) below are the same as what shared from forum member munkeyflo on 1st page:

2 (a). Submit the filled forms together with photocopy of owner's I/C and full photocopy of S&P. S&P copy not required to stamp or certify true copy or anything, just as long as the whole set is photocopied can edi.

2 (b)That's it and you're done. If don't want to go to DBKL, can post it to them and address to "Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta" as per address on the 2 forms.

The direct line to call for the person in charge if any questions is 03-26171036 / 1038 or their department's general line at 03-26171000.

Note: No need to pay anything and they will give you an acknowledgement slip for receipt for change of name.

Public transport: You could take LRT to Jaln Sultan Ismail station (Ampang/ Sentul line) and walk 5 min or Monorail to Medan Tuanku and walk 5 min.

This post has been edited by mot88: May 4 2016, 11:40 PM
nexona88
post May 5 2016, 12:52 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,835 posts

Thanks for the updates rclxms.gif
VOOSH
post May 5 2016, 01:18 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(mot88 @ May 4 2016, 11:34 PM)
Updated 4 May 2016
Change name for Assessment- For KL only, DBKL
This is tricky one as you could only go to DBKL Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta, Level 4 Bangunan TH Perdana, Jln Sultan Ismail. The building is next to Maju Junction Mall. You cannot go to other DBKL office as confirmed with UTC and the staff at TH Perdana.

1. Download the Notis Pindah Milik Pegangan Berkadar (Borang I dan J)
http://www.dbkl.gov.my/index.php?option=co...atid=19&lang=ms

Step 2(a) and (b) below are the same as what shared from forum member munkeyflo on 1st page:

2 (a). Submit the filled forms together with photocopy of owner's I/C and full photocopy of S&P. S&P copy not required to stamp or certify true copy or anything, just as long as the whole set is photocopied can edi.

2 (b)That's it and you're done. If don't want to go to DBKL, can post it to them and address to "Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta" as per address on the 2 forms.

The direct line to call for the person in charge if any questions is 03-26171036 / 1038 or their department's general line at 03-26171000.

Note: No need to pay anything and they will give you an acknowledgement slip for receipt for change of name.

Public transport: You could take LRT to Jaln Sultan Ismail station (Ampang/ Sentul line) and walk 5 min or Monorail to Medan Tuanku and walk 5 min.
FYI your link is not working
propertymart
post Feb 13 2017, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
288 posts

Got title no SPA can? Landed property, currently i wan do 14a kasih sayang from my dad to me, cukai pintu still under my uncle name, title is under my dad name, cukai tanah under my dad name too, please advice do I need get this done to transfer.? Cukai pintu name, only got title no SPA
asiatrader98
post Jan 24 2018, 11:52 AM

Regular
1,451 posts

i think email the soft copy also can
abhipraaya
post Jun 24 2020, 03:50 PM

On my way
541 posts

What if I'm the seller?

The SPA already signed and stamped.

I want to be pro-active and remove my name from the assesment as I do not want to depend on the buyer to do it, which he may not.

What documents do I need apart from photocopy SPA?

Mine is Majlis Perbandaran Selayang.
mini orchard
post Jun 24 2020, 04:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Jun 24 2020, 03:50 PM)
What if I'm the seller? 

The SPA already signed and stamped.

I want to be pro-active and remove my name from the assesment as I do not want to depend on the buyer to do it, which he may not.

What documents do I need apart from photocopy SPA?

Mine is Majlis Perbandaran Selayang.
All bills relating to properties are tag to the property and NOT owner. You dont have to worry because if the buyer dont pay, they will seize the moveable things inside the property. Is the same if landlord dont pay, they will seize the tenant's things.

If you want to do it, photocopy the snp and do the change at MPS. Not sure they need the IC of the buyer. Do it after full settlement as you are still the current owner. Buyer takes ownership after that.

Your lawyer will also request for the latest bill for apportionment on full settlement date.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Jun 24 2020, 05:00 PM
abhipraaya
post Jun 24 2020, 10:23 PM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 24 2020, 04:38 PM)
All bills relating to properties are tag to the property and NOT owner. You dont have to worry because if the buyer dont pay, they will seize the moveable things inside the property. Is the same if landlord dont pay, they will seize the tenant's things.

If you want to do it, photocopy the snp and do the change at MPS. Not sure they need the IC of the buyer. Do it after full settlement as you are still the current owner. Buyer takes ownership after that.

Your lawyer will also request for the latest bill for apportionment on full settlement date.
Full settlement not over yet. The lawyer told me I can start disconnecting the electricity and closing the other accounts i.e electric, Indah water, assessments as soon as the SPA has been stamped and received by me.

The reason I want to be pro active is because last time my tenant didn't pay the Indah water bills and there was a huge amount outstanding. I think they outsource the collection of these outstanding amounts to a third party and they called me. Hence I want to remove my name from a property which has been sold. The onus to pay should belong to the new owner.

Yes that's the question I have, no problem photocopying the SPA but do they also require the IC of the buyer which obviously I don't have. If they can just delete my name and put it as 'pemilik' then that should be good enough.

This post has been edited by abhipraaya: Jun 24 2020, 10:29 PM
mini orchard
post Jun 24 2020, 10:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(abhipraaya @ Jun 24 2020, 10:23 PM)
Full settlement not over yet. The lawyer told me I can start disconnecting the electricity and closing the other accounts i.e electric, Indah water, assessments as soon as e SPA has been stamped and received by me.

The reason I want to be pro active is because last time my tenant didn't pay the Indah water bills and there was a huge amount outstanding. I think they outsource the collection of these outstanding amounts to a third party and they called me. Hence I want to remove my name from a property which has been sold. The onus to pay should belong to the new owner.
Signed SnP can also be aborted by buyer if he does not wish to proceed for whatever reasons and his 10% will be forfeited by you. A signed SnP is not a confirmation of ownership until the buyer's name is endorsed in the title deed i.e. payt of full purchase price.

Buyer takes VP /ownership upon date of full payment of purchase price and prior to that, vendor is responsibile for the bills & whatever. Same for fire insurance. You only cancel upon full payment as any fire prior to that, the buyer can abort the deal and you have to refund whatever money paid.

Frankly, there is no hurry to do all those but if you want to be pro active, go ahead.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Jun 24 2020, 11:24 PM
abhipraaya
post Jun 25 2020, 11:38 AM

On my way
541 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Jun 24 2020, 10:55 PM)
Signed SnP can also be aborted by buyer if he does not wish to proceed for whatever reasons and his 10% will be forfeited by you. A signed SnP is not a confirmation of ownership until the buyer's name is endorsed in the title deed i.e. payt of full purchase price.

Buyer takes VP /ownership upon date of full payment of purchase price and prior to that, vendor is responsibile for the bills & whatever. Same for fire insurance. You only cancel upon full payment as any fire prior to that, the buyer can abort the deal and you have to refund whatever money paid.

Frankly, there is no hurry to do all those but if you want to be pro active, go ahead.
Yes what you said is also true. I agree.

Thanks for the knowledge sharing...
sportlight10
post Nov 25 2020, 05:38 PM

6 posts

Hi All Sifu,

Thanks for all the knowledge sharing.

I haven't changed the name on the statement, it has been like 5 years since i move in lol but I do make the payment promptly and never been delayed..

Will it incur any penalty if i request to update the name for now?
Anyone experience it?
deadboy 164
post Dec 29 2020, 03:14 PM

On my way
641 posts

I went to DBKL Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta, Level 4 Bangunan TH Perdana today.
I forgot to bring my Strata Title which have my name on it.
S&P dont have my name, so not able to submit
Lady at the counter told me I can send email to snjpph@dbkl.gov.my to change assessment name, not need to come back again.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:25 PM