Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fitness Jatomi Fitness, what you think?

views

TScarbonfibre
post Aug 13 2012, 09:05 AM, updated 11y ago

PSN ID : ericgohsw
944 posts

Hey guys

im planning to start going to gym but looking for those with a short contract , cause im only gonna be here till Jan 2013 or so then i will move overseas..

i went and see Jatomi Fitness @ Tropicana City Mall looks decent , but would like to know of your feedback of the place..

how are they trainers ? helpful ?

their rate for 3 month contract is RM195 x 3 Months + RM100 ( bag and access card )

black_howling
post Aug 13 2012, 12:18 PM

I'll be cumming around the mountain....
Group Icon
Elite
813 posts

RM 195 per month?? or 195 for 3 months??
if single club, per month tat does look expensive.
mikazzz
post Aug 13 2012, 04:12 PM

< / >
879 posts

i joined this gym starting from august. Their 3 month contract is indeed quite expensive, but if you took the 1 year contract, it's cheaper compare to FF or CF. I joined during their promotion period, so it's around RM1260 for 12 months if i paid upfront, else it's RM140/RM150 per month for 1 year contract.

Their equipment is very new and bathroom is very clean. All machines have individual screens so u can watch tv/surf web while working out. I'm not sure if you will come back after your overseas trip or not, or for good..coz they told me that if there's any occasion where u need to go to overseas, u can talk to them in advance and they will temporarily postpone your account so that you can continue the leftover months when you come back.

Regarding trainers, i did not engage them so i can't provide any feedback about them. From what i experienced so far, they're very nice and friendly people. But about qualifications of a trainer or something like that, i can't comment much.
sidekick100
post Aug 14 2012, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Pretty impresive place, looks nice and neat, the studios are huge,
71ers
post Aug 23 2012, 04:25 PM

Casual
467 posts

is this a real gym or it is a combination of cross-fit plus gym. Pass by Tropicana City mall every day and saw this big sign there.
FunkySapien
post Aug 26 2012, 08:39 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(carbonfibre @ Aug 13 2012, 09:05 AM)
Hey guys

im planning to start going to gym but looking for those with a short contract , cause im only gonna be here till Jan 2013 or so then i will move overseas..

i went and see Jatomi Fitness @ Tropicana City Mall looks decent , but would like to know of your feedback of the place..

how are they trainers ? helpful ?

their rate for 3 month contract is RM195 x 3 Months + RM100 ( bag and access card )
CarbonFire: They have a 3 month contract which is RM195 a month. A bit steep. You can sign up for a year for rm120 or so where you get the towel usage. But if you decide to leave your contract early, you pay a charge of 40% of the remaining months.

As a gym, I would say they're pretty decent. Having just moved from London where I was a member of let's say an "upmarket" gym (David Lloyd), I did a bit of a survey and Jatomi comes pretty close to my standards. (I hit the gym about 4-5 days a week and was a military physical training instructor so my standards are pretty high!).

The equipment is new, there's hardly any people and trainers are there to help. Although I'm slightly dubious as to why most of their trainers have huge bellys and that does not inspire any confidence in me whatsoever. What I also like about them is that they strike me as a no frills, no fancy ass bullsh*t facilities (like celebrity where they charge you almost up to RM500 to join plus 199 a month just because they have some disco lights in their studio and they look "nicer"!!!) and thus is all about the fitness.

Did I mentioned that they're also managed by the guys who created Fitness First? (Balfour Brothers). So yeah, all in all...I think they're good. They could use a punching bag, a steam room and a pool. wink.gif Hope this helps and don't forget to stretch! thumbup.gif
tkarwai
post Oct 5 2012, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

is the promotion still available and how is the parking rate in the mall? do they have any trial pack?
Green_lemontea
post Oct 17 2012, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

Oh well, I'm thinking whether it's worth to join this club.
wormyx
post Oct 18 2012, 08:47 PM

Casual
306 posts

Gym is exclusive unlike other corporate gyms around Klang Valley areas. I've happily joined Jatomi :-)
Green_lemontea
post Oct 18 2012, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

I went for the tour at their club today! It definitely looks good!
I'm deciding whether to go or not.
It's kinda pricey. sad.gif
firdausz
post Oct 19 2012, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

Hey Green_lemontea

i'm thinking of joining as well. haven't go for a tour yet..contract with my current gym will end next month..
any different with the price informed by mikazzz?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Green_lemontea
post Oct 19 2012, 11:35 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(firdausz @ Oct 19 2012, 11:09 AM)
Hey Green_lemontea

i'm thinking of joining as well. haven't go for a tour yet..contract with my current gym will end next month..
any different with the price informed by mikazzz?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

My tour is with Jatomi in The Weld.
Oh yea, the price has increased. sad.gif
It will be RM179 per month if you signed up for 12 months contract, inclusive of towel services and classes.
And it will be RM 209 per month if you signed up for 3 months contract. But still include the towel services and classes.

It only accept credit card though, and I only have debit card.
Btw, if you signed up today right, you can get rm20 discount for the monthly price in collobboration to their opening for Belly Dance classes! You will also get the Nomad membership, in which you can enter any branch of Jatomi gym in Malaysia. rclxms.gif

Overall, the gym is really nice, clean and new. icon_rolleyes.gif

Where you live at?
firdausz
post Oct 20 2012, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
272 posts

Thanks...interested with tropicana branch..
Maybe will go for a tour @trial by next month
wormyx
post Oct 20 2012, 04:21 PM

Casual
306 posts

Tropicana branch is their first location if i'm not mistaken. But i'm totally impressed with the programs the instructors carry out for beginners and intermediate members.
Green_lemontea
post Oct 20 2012, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(wormyx @ Oct 20 2012, 04:21 PM)
Tropicana branch is their first location if i'm not mistaken. But i'm totally impressed with the programs the instructors carry out for beginners and intermediate members.
Oh, you joined? smile.gif
realnumber
post Oct 21 2012, 09:15 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(wormyx @ Oct 20 2012, 04:21 PM)
hi wormyx,

could you further explain the program?

i'm interested to know, so others smile.gif
wormyx
post Oct 21 2012, 07:03 PM

Casual
306 posts

Yes, joined Jatomi last week. I seen the instructors train members in group with different workout plans.Each program last about 15min-20min. It has some intensive workouts from squat, burpees and lotsa abs workout.
magicalass
post Oct 22 2012, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

will it be super crowded at after work hours ? probably 8-10 ? or even after 10. because i visited once and due to the limited equipments , i think maybe 10 ppl there will render all the equipments being occupied.

This post has been edited by magicalass: Oct 22 2012, 05:55 PM
wormyx
post Oct 22 2012, 10:33 PM

Casual
306 posts

Which branch did you visit?
magicalass
post Oct 23 2012, 04:33 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

tropicana

18 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top