Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mechanical Keyboard Club v7, MX red blue brown black

views

Cyclonechuah
post Aug 12 2012, 10:22 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

Congrats to Mechanical Keyboard V7.

to be honest, i'm very thankful that got a good guy that take over the thread, i was very busy recently with the part time job, and having to stay outdoor most of the time, and haven't spend a good time in front of my pc.

Thou, i have to apologize to alot of members in this and didn't maintaining the list as well as the thread. i'm sorry for things that are happening on here. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

As for the Leopold, there's some discussion between me and them regarding about the keyboard design. thou i'm trying suggest they move over to use the more standard option where all people could use the keycap(dye subbed or double shot) that they purchase.

I'm sure that the spacebar do make alot of customer that purchase the doubleshot ABS or dye sub PBT keycap unhappy.(including myself, since i do buy keycaps sets for myself, and only to found out that it's not compatible)

I'm hoping to find a solution out for us. As going to Leopold has lease option for custom keycaps, due to the fact there's a ugly spacebar that cannot be change.
Cyclonechuah
post Aug 14 2012, 05:18 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

As for FC700R, help me to spread the woods, it's still not available in malaysia for now. mainly due to some discussion between me and leopold.

I'm hoping to have a revision where we can have a normal spacebar stem distance that are compatible with Filco and others keycap.(i want to install my custom keycap on leopold keyboard vmad.gif )
Cyclonechuah
post Aug 15 2012, 04:47 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

if they are able to do double shot of transparent font and solid color on keycap, i will definite buy 5~10 sets for modding led purpose.
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 26 2012, 11:11 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Sep 26 2012, 07:30 AM)
That's cause you are not looking at the right places .  tongue.gif
http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/category-...ds_id-DESC.html

Cheaper switches, pay the expensive EMS cost, and still end up better off than desoldering the board.
Of course, minimum quantity applies.

Plus, not sure who wants to salvage them.
The Red and Black stems are useless. Only vintage blacks are good.
Brown stems might be okay, but not many modders like them. Blue stems is the only interesting one.

As to the springs, Red/Brown/Blue springs are generally thought to be nice for Ergo Clears (Clear stem with these springs), but I beg to differ. Korean 62g springs is where the fun is at. More spring to push the stem back up. Otherwise the ergo clear would feel quite sticky.
oooh lala~~
CNC service. Now we need people who knows some CAD for custom case design.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1478914/+0&#entry54730126
for the CNC service, quite nice!, not sure if steel is possible or not, based on their picture product, i think their CNC machine is for wood.

Btw, as for the switch, i'm going to sell them soon, but not new thou. mainly due to i have alot of rejected leopold keyboard which failed in my quality checking. I'm going to desolder them all, and sell to get back the capital.

But so far, don't have the time due to work. I'm going to stop working next few week to get my lazy ass to desolder all the things and double shot keycap for sales.
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 26 2012, 11:25 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(kid.itech @ Sep 26 2012, 11:14 AM)
What double shot keycap sales?  drool.gif
am I missing something?
you're not missing out anything yet. so don't worry.

As for the Switches, i estimated total 1k switches available, 4 types available, but i have pick out the bad ones, so the numbers can't be confirm yet.

If i'm free enough, i might just take all the spare steel plate, brush off the black paint, and spray the Red Paint on it.(still considering)

As for the Doubleshot Keycaps, it's the Running man ESC, Black On Yellow, and White on Red. and well as others.

That's my plan for now. which will happen on Mid of October, which i will just stop working for 1 week, and start the desolder keyboard frenzy
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 26 2012, 05:40 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(kaysa @ Sep 26 2012, 11:30 AM)
you are not selling Leopold anymore?
i've been stopped selling them for quite some times due to no stock, so i temporally edit the signature.

because there's numbers of people asking me about leopold keyboard, and i've reply with no stock for the moment, having my signature there without having any stock kinda defeats the purpose.
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 27 2012, 03:26 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

chill out guys, please don't have hard feelings about the auction, it's about luck anyway.

about the CC keycaps, you can always lurk at clickclack pages in the geekhack. sometimes, he do sales some of the special keycaps, not just in Elitekeyboards.com
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24467.0
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 30 2012, 06:31 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(Human10 @ Sep 29 2012, 11:21 PM)
LOL what, Sora Aoi? Later cannot pass kastam, LOL...
kastam take liao, and then..... fap fap fap fap fap fap
Cyclonechuah
post Sep 30 2012, 02:19 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

PBT Dye Sublimated would be the best option for long lasting.

Lasered are not really a good option despite they are said to be last longer than pad printed, due to the fact they get "dirty" after a long period of using the keyboard. Althou they are cheaper.

i don't think order of 300 set will be ignore. In the end, business is still business, it's just that they will quote price based on their facility loss when producing your keycaps.
(if you order only 1, they will have to stop their on-going manufacturing just to manufacture yours, so you pay quite a premium price just for ordering 1 set)

Pure White color looks really good when it's new or clean, but not really a good option due to after you use it for quite sometimes, it tends to gets dirty very fast(can clean =D)

White Keycap cannot be Lasered, just for the additional info, as far as i know, Due to they mix a certain mixture into the keycap that require to let laser have it's White burnt traces on there. So, Lasered White keycap is not possible.(this is from ABS Plastic Knowledge)
As for PBT Lasered, They have slightly yellowish lasered etch font on the keycap.

Note : Do be warned that PBT Lasered Keycap might not last long, unless the manufacturer actually know more knowledge on how to do Lasered Etch on PBT. They are far more complex than ABS Lasered. This is due to the PBT trait, because they are more harder and more resistant to heat, so.... Lasered Etch process is quite hard, because the burnt traces are not deep enough, so the font on the keycap might not last very long.

Cyclonechuah
post Oct 1 2012, 11:10 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(rurushu @ Oct 1 2012, 01:59 AM)
wouldnt the alcohol dissolves the plastic?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
i think rubbing alchohol should be okay, i guess
Cyclonechuah
post Oct 5 2012, 03:48 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Oct 5 2012, 02:16 AM)
I do not have plans for the mx white.
Let me make this clear. The dyesubs that i am selling, the price is below cost. I can sell cheaply because vortex decided to send me these instead of white RACE caps that is encountering delays due to quality issue. The normal price is like imsto's pricing. At that Price, most will not consider it.

It is very unlikely that they will go for this cheap, coming from vortex in the future.
Dyesub for RM90!? you serious!? keep one for me bro. These Dyesub keycap 104 set always sells around for RM200~300
Cyclonechuah
post Oct 6 2012, 05:02 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

damn, i should have diam diam and keep all the goodies myself tongue.gif tongue.gif
Cyclonechuah
post Oct 10 2012, 12:24 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

logitech G710 seems like a good buy. hmmmmmmm
Cyclonechuah
post Oct 10 2012, 06:06 AM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

judging on malaysia logitech pricing, most of their peripherals price are placed competitively.

if you looks at their mouse and suchs.

Estimated Price tag of this Logitech G710+ is RM399 or RM449. If it's RM399, it's a steal. For people to think that RM399 is not possible. please read below.

example of Logitech G700, which is retails USD 99 in US, yet in Malaysia, it only cost RM210~250(i just give a rough number, nor i want to promote who's sales)

looking forward for this beast to reach Malaysia, and i'm really interested in who manufactures them.(regarding about the quality)

This post has been edited by Cyclonechuah: Oct 10 2012, 06:07 AM
Cyclonechuah
post Oct 10 2012, 03:29 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

As always, wait for review and guiney pigs to try it out, have to make sure it's not something like Corsair with half membrane and half mechanical keyboard.

@storm, it's still have to depends on their judgement, some company prefer to use the facility which is already available inorder to save more cost. If they have those, they will still going to get Cherry Switches from Cherry Company no matter what, even if they have the ability to create the molds and manufacture the switch themselves, since their company is so big.

If Logitech manufactures this by himself, then the possibility is that Logitech is serious about this mechanical business and is going to stay.(Due to large sums of money invested on manufacture facility)

If Logitech uses 3rd party to manufactures, they can always pull back out after the contract ends.

All in all, it's still about the money.

This post has been edited by Cyclonechuah: Oct 10 2012, 03:32 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0436sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 PM