Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro B.yond Episode V (Version 10.0), HD, PVR, IPTV and VOD

views

Griever5177
post Nov 5 2012, 04:02 PM

32 posts

Hi. I'm new user for Astro Beyond.
Currently all my HD channels has this "copy protection failed".

Is there any solution on how to solve this?
Thanks.

Griever5177
post Nov 6 2012, 08:49 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Nov 5 2012, 05:21 PM)
just need to call Astro CS to fix
Will try call then. Thx

QUOTE(willkso @ Nov 5 2012, 08:08 PM)
Did you connect any AVR or other device between the Byond decoder and your TV? Copy Protection Failed message usually because there's one non HDCP compliance device between the Byond decoder and the TV.
Just the ASTRO PVR recorder and the TV. But there's this transmitter were fixed to connect wireless with the satellite dish due to only 1 existing wire available and 2 wires were needed to setup the PVR decoder.
Griever5177
post Nov 7 2012, 08:24 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Nov 6 2012, 08:59 AM)
blink.gif Why is like that? Using PVR should use 2 connecting wires from the dish and not one. Didn't u complain to Astro installer when they install it?
Cos problem is my house only has 1 wire. To pull another wire will be difficult as it was totally concealed and will be hard to pull the second wire. That's why the installer suggested to use the wireless transmitter which connected to the PVR and as well as the satellite dish.

Griever5177
post Nov 7 2012, 10:57 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(Fubar20 @ Nov 7 2012, 08:50 AM)
hmm.gif And I assume you didn't test HD channels and the PVR functions before the installer left?
Call them to come back and do a proper job then.
Did tested. All was fine until recently suddenly pop out this "Copy Protection failed" on all the HD channels. wacko.gif
Griever5177
post Nov 7 2012, 02:27 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(weim76 @ Nov 7 2012, 02:21 PM)
How much did the installer charge you for the wireless transmitter? Is it capable of transmitting HD video with Dolby 5.1 audio?
RM100 for the transmitter. As far as I know it was meant to solve the 2nd wire issue by just using the 1 existing wire and connect. Not too sure its capability towards the audio you mentioned.

Griever5177
post Nov 17 2012, 11:30 PM

32 posts

Hi guys. Need some clarification. Currently I facing this "Copy Protection Failed" which appears on every HD channels.

So I called Astro and they first ask me remove the HDMI cable and use the normal cable (Yellow, Red, White). And yes the issue was settled and there's no "Copy Protection Failed" on all the HD channels.
And then they told me that the PVR cannot use HDMI or else it'll show this "Copy Protection Failed" on all the HD channels.

And so....this came to my mind that WHAT IS THE POINT OF HD WITHOUT HDMI?!

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0336sec    0.68    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:57 PM