Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SVS Owners Thread V3.0, The Bass Authority of Home Theater (Home Theatre)

views

TShtkaki
post Sep 14 2012, 06:58 AM

Maxx Audio Visual
Group: Senior Member

The Northern area might have easier access to SVS soon especially those in Perak from early Oct onwards.

Fingers crossed.

rahavsmt
post Sep 15 2012, 03:04 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hello all. Need help from you guys.

I think a power surge has busted my PC12-plus amp. Anyway to verify for certain that it is the amp that is kaputt?

If it is, can I get a replacement amp from you HTKAKI?
TShtkaki
post Sep 16 2012, 09:58 AM

Maxx Audio Visual

QUOTE(rahavsmt @ Sep 15 2012, 03:04 AM)
Hello all. Need help from you guys.

I think a power surge has busted my PC12-plus amp. Anyway to verify for certain that it is the amp that is kaputt?

If it is, can I get a replacement amp from you HTKAKI?
Will check the price for you. Very likely the power surge has busted the amp.

For those who pre-ordered SVS, shipment is on schedule thumbup.gif
uriah heep
post Sep 16 2012, 01:12 PM

Getting Started

Htkaki,
Looking for a small sub. Pls PM price & dimensions of PB-10NSD.
Thks.
klimal
post Sep 16 2012, 03:16 PM

Regular

A father and son team getting both my PC12NSD. The son also good at poison ! hehehee thumbup.gif
Now only left with F12. Waiting for my Ultra13 rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by klimal: Sep 16 2012, 03:17 PM
-oc-gassa
post Sep 16 2012, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast

wa... if my father like also good lor.. haha
TShtkaki
post Sep 16 2012, 07:46 PM

Maxx Audio Visual

QUOTE(uriah heep @ Sep 16 2012, 01:12 PM)
Htkaki,
Looking for a small sub. Pls PM price & dimensions of PB-10NSD.
Thks.
It is no longer available.
chungf1
post Sep 16 2012, 07:46 PM

Getting Started

This call like father like son. thumbup.gif
-oc-gassa
post Sep 16 2012, 07:50 PM

Enthusiast

no.. its more like this... father like son oso like...hehe
TShtkaki
post Sep 16 2012, 07:59 PM

Maxx Audio Visual

I bet Zrill and his dad are busy setting it up now.

Zrill, welcome to SVS club. smile.gif

A HT hobbyist came from Ipoh to audition my HT systems. Let his whole family to have a 'taste' of the SVS dual subs. laugh.gif
paskal
post Sep 16 2012, 08:49 PM

the nerd you can never be

QUOTE(klimal @ Sep 16 2012, 03:16 PM)
A father and son team getting both my PC12NSD. The son also good at poison ! hehehee thumbup.gif
to speed things up once you get them can try this. originally posted in an off-topic thread over at avsforum DIY section.
QUOTE(imagic)
For some time I've used this loop to speed the break-in of my subs. It is two different bass notes overlapping, in the very lowest octaves. The advantage is that it works out your speakers without tiring out your amp the way sine waves do. It's nauseating so I run it when I'm out of the house. It's also a fine way to check for air leaks and rattles and otherwise study the performance of your drivers with an ultra low, complex rumble. Two files, depending on your playback capabilities:
subwoofer break-in loop 24/96: https://soundcloud.com/psychedelicious/sub-break-in/download
subwoofer break-in loop 16/44: https://soundcloud.com/psychedelicious/sub-break-in/download

currently the best way to accelerate breaking-in the drivers that i've came across. start with a low gain and turn the volume up until the ceiling can't take it. laugh.gif
it won't stress the amps as much as sine sweeps do. and much faster result compared to looping bass drums or sine signal. do take a peek at the drivers movement while running them. biggrin.gif
zrill
post Sep 18 2012, 08:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(htkaki @ Sep 16 2012, 07:59 PM)
I bet Zrill and his dad are busy setting it up now.

Zrill, welcome to SVS club. smile.gif

A HT hobbyist came from Ipoh to audition my HT systems. Let his whole family to have a 'taste' of the SVS dual subs. laugh.gif
Hahaha. Yeah after we went and auditioned at bro klimal's place for 1 of the pc12 my dad got hooked with the lfe, that on the way back and the next day he is very interested to get 1 for him too smile.gif So the following day we confirmed with bro klimal to get the 2nd unit. My dad was very impressed with the dune he saw at bro klimals place and he got himself a dune max the next day too. Hahaha. The power of poisoning.

The pc12 is great, after setting up at my place the movie experience is so different. The lfe gives the feel that ur in the scene. Really love it

But my set up is just by hearing, so i dont know how many db alk the speaker are set. Reallt need to get a radioshack meter. Another question, how wkuld i know if i need bass trap? My room is 10X12. the floor and all 4 walls are carpeted. except the ceiling has bout 2 ft plaster running the whole room where the middle portion is filled with star light. I realky do not know how much of a bass trap would i need.

Ill try to post some pics later.

Thank you
TShtkaki
post Sep 18 2012, 10:32 PM

Maxx Audio Visual

Is there any acoustic problem with your room such as ringing, boomy bass, slapping echo, etc?

What avr that you have? Normally, those room calibration s/w does not have big variance. Unless, you want it to be perfect at 75dB.
zrill
post Sep 19 2012, 11:32 PM

Getting Started

I'm not sure if have any of that. Still new at this. Probably I have a boomy bass. But I have the feeling that the HF such as glass breaking is not there. Is it because it's absorbed by the carpets or just lousy mains?

My setup:
Source: Pana BD45
Projector: Mitsu HC4000
Screen: Unic 92" Grey Screen
AVR: Onkyo 608
Front Mains: Pyramid Gold Series 4 ohms Floorstanding (unheard brand. Very old speaker bout 17 years old)
Center: lotte (same as above very old)
Surround: (same as above unheard n very old)
Sub: SVS PC12-NSD

After running 2eq the Dover set by it is front 40hz center 40hz and surround 60hz. It seems very low.

I would like to know if I would like to set up do we need to set 0db on the avr volume level first then run audessey and set all the speakers to 75db using RadioShack sound level meter using the test tone of the avr itself? Is this test tone the pink noise test tone?

How do you tune how low the sub freq can go? Is it possible with the pc12-NSD?

Really wished some sifu could come over and identify any prob and solution. smile.gif

Thank you

squall_12
post Sep 19 2012, 11:45 PM

Regular

QUOTE(zrill @ Sep 19 2012, 11:32 PM)
I'm not sure if have any of that. Still new at this. Probably I have a boomy bass. But I have the feeling that the HF such as glass breaking is not there. Is it because it's absorbed by the carpets or just lousy mains?

My setup:
Front Mains: Pyramid Gold Series 4 ohms Floorstanding (unheard brand. Very old speaker bout 17 years old)

After running 2eq the Dover set by it is front 40hz center 40hz and surround 60hz. It seems very low.

I would like to know if I would like to set up do we need to set 0db on the avr volume level first then run audessey and set all the speakers to 75db using RadioShack sound level meter using the test tone of the avr itself? Is this test tone the pink noise test tone?

Really wished some sifu could come over and identify any prob and solution. smile.gif

Thank you
if max is around your area then ask him to help as he is sifu on tuning bass.
zrill
post Sep 20 2012, 09:56 AM

Getting Started

My camera is not with me at the moment. my room pics is posted below (post #1865):

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1000020/+1860

This was without the pc12-nsd yet
TShtkaki
post Sep 20 2012, 10:39 AM

Maxx Audio Visual

You should invest in decent loudspeakers for all channels. smile.gif
DannyOP
post Sep 21 2012, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!

wah u sold yr prized posessions.. was hoping u would use it as part of your quad or 5 sub upgrade lol

It will be interesting how the ultra13 compare to your previous tri sub which imho is already very good.

Added on September 21, 2012, 1:12 pm
QUOTE(zrill @ Sep 19 2012, 11:32 PM)

My setup:

Thank you
where r u located? is it near bro klimal's place?

This post has been edited by DannyOP: Sep 21 2012, 01:12 PM
zrill
post Sep 21 2012, 02:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(htkaki @ Sep 20 2012, 10:39 AM)
You should invest in decent loudspeakers for all channels. smile.gif
Yup, need to wait for the budget. smile.gif

QUOTE(DannyOP @ Sep 21 2012, 01:08 PM)
wah u sold yr prized posessions.. was hoping u would use it as part of your quad or 5 sub upgrade lol

It will be interesting how the ultra13 compare to your previous tri sub which imho is already very good.

Added on September 21, 2012, 1:12 pm
where r u located? is it near bro klimal's place?
Im located in Shah Alam. Near Proton's Factory.

Yeah, bro klimal's tri sub setup was already very impressive.

I tried increasing the xover for the fronts to 80hz and it seems the mid bass is lacking. once it down to 40hz then it seems better. the pc12 goes very low. Maybe need another sealed sub to get the mid bass punch.
sonerin
post Sep 21 2012, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zrill @ Sep 21 2012, 02:27 PM)
Yup, need to wait for the budget. smile.gif
Im located in Shah Alam. Near Proton's Factory.

Yeah, bro klimal's tri sub setup was already very impressive.
I tried increasing the xover for the fronts to 80hz and it seems the mid bass is lacking. once it down to 40hz then it seems better. the pc12 goes very low. Maybe need another sealed sub to get the mid bass punch.
How did you do the star on the ceiling ?

21 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0784sec    2.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 03:28 PM