12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

KIA, KIA

views

vanan78
post Aug 8 2012, 10:05 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 8 2012, 05:15 PM)
Ofcourse! I AM comparing apple to apple.. I'm comparing 140k car with 140k car. You're not the only one who can set comparison parameter, and anyone that dont agree with you the K5 is the best car in the world would be "wrong".

Did you even READ my earlier statement? Lemme re-quote and bold the relevant parts for u.

"Also, although I agree the K5 looks nice, the performance for a 140k car is pretty much a dissapointment"

Pls state which part of my opinion is wrong? You are the one coming around putting in your own personal parameter for comparision and demanding everyone follow YOUR guideline.
Bro, no need to argue, every car has its advantages and disadvantages.
Some buyers go for performance, comfort, value for money and specifications.
End of the day,it all depends what you are looking for.
If K5 for 140k is a disappointing performance car, be it, that is your opinion. We don't need to agree or disagree with you.
No matter what, we are happy and proud owners of K5. Don't care what people like you say.Its our money.
We don't have to listen to people's advice on how to spend our own money.
Krafted
post Aug 8 2012, 10:13 PM

0 posts

Before I bought my K5, I have already decided that I want a D-segment car, an all rounders for mostly commuting purpose. Not a C-segment or below (Golf?) ; nor the most powerful animal at that price but at the expense of other criteria(2ndhand Evo? Or a 1975 Lancer with recond 3.5L engine biggrin.gif ); nor a 2 wheeler. This is my baseline and I believe this is true for most of us here and in general true for most of the people that are looking for K5/Sonata/Accord/Camry/ Teana etc. it's sort of untold implied common understanding.

I respect your point of comparing 140k to 140k without any other condition as that is your freedom, but I do not believe your thinking should not be broadened to consider what other people's apples are. The baseline above clearly says it......and yes I do have my freedom to say about my apple.

Btw we have constructive criticism on the K5 too.
DJSoo
post Aug 8 2012, 11:35 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 8 2012, 05:48 PM)
couldnt agree more. I parked next to a K5 last weekend at the Curve, my wife commented this car looks pretty good (ya ya she been twisting my arm to get a more uncle car -.-), hence sparking my interest to check out the car.

But... 140k... 2.0.. if its 2.5 I'll take a closer look tongue.gif
So, can u give a example of 140K car with 2.5cc engine? Pls..
TSbUGG
post Aug 8 2012, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

I have post the instructions on "How to turn off the automatic change to outside air when you switch off the Aircond". Please refer tp 1st post.
lcy851031
post Aug 9 2012, 12:20 AM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(DJSoo @ Aug 9 2012, 12:35 AM)
So, can u give a example of 140K car with 2.5cc engine? Pls..
140k with 2.5l engine, only car i can think of is Suzuki Kizashi. hmm.gif

Wait, is 2.4l engine, plus the wheel base is quite small for a D-segment car. sweat.gif
cybermaster98
post Aug 9 2012, 01:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,439 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 8 2012, 07:09 PM)
Eh u missed out have to compare to bikes also  nod.gif

I was going to write a long essay.. then again... I would expect a fanatic to come "U must compare apples to apples! Compare K5 to K5!"  doh.gif

Wahtever man... if u wanna believe your car mostest powerfullester ... good on you!  notworthy.gif
Oops... my bad... I should have known in K5 thread one must say positive things about K5... how can this car have fault.. its almost as Godly as Vios! my sincere apologies once again  nod.gif
Ure wrong again. As i said many times before, many of us here (unlike some others with Jap brands) welcome constructive critisisms bout the Optima. We recognise that the K5 is far from perfect. But while we welcome such discussions, we also expect critisisms to be backed up with facts and articulate arguments.

I asked u a question earlier but didnt get a response. So im asking again. What other cars have you compared against to come to the conclusion that the Optima's performance is disappointing for a RM 140K car?
xVince
post Aug 9 2012, 07:06 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 8 2012, 05:38 PM)
Dude, cooldown. Since when did I say Golf is "better" then K5? (I cannot stand hatchbacks for your info)

Again, read what i posted, I said "performance for a 140k car is pretty much a dissapointment". THat's it. Plain and simple.

I knwo you guys love yoru K5 and wanna defend it. But... my opinion was purely based on... yes.. "Performance", so pls... just admit it graciously, K5 might be a lot of things, but its not the most zoom zoom car around. End of story.
Not a K5 owner here but you should read back your own statement. K5 performance is not great, but is not bad in it's 2.0 class either. What kind of performance are you referring on 140k car? What the others say are true, you should compare apple to apple, which is D-Segment to D-Segment if you can't understand better.

Is funny that people are asking you to explain your ''plain and simple'' statement (yet you can't). Is a smart move to generalize ''Oh these are K5 fanbois'' when you can't explain your own statement. rclxms.gif
daretodrift
post Aug 9 2012, 09:26 AM

0 posts

ladies n gentlemen...ai yo...Mai Kan Lai Kan Qe la....we are one malaysia ma...we got nothing benefit at all as we Kan each other for long ma!!!

Don kan don kan...Hokkian said...Kao Kan Yew (dog F**K Kambing)..one wow wow wow, another one Meh Meh Meh!!!!
post Aug 9 2012, 10:03 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(daretodrift @ Aug 9 2012, 09:26 AM)
ladies n gentlemen...ai yo...Mai Kan Lai Kan Qe la....we are one malaysia ma...we got nothing benefit at all as we Kan each other for long ma!!!

Don kan don kan...Hokkian said...Kao Kan Yew (dog F**K Kambing)..one wow wow wow, another one Meh Meh Meh!!!!
LOL, rclxms.gif

Added on August 9, 2012, 10:05 am
QUOTE(Dagashi @ Aug 8 2012, 05:14 PM)
Just collected my pearl white k5 from Vincent Lim aka 070 ! Great deal+superb service( I didn't have to goto showroom at all! All done at my workplace). Highly recommended sales person!
HI bro ,thanks for you support !

For forumer who plan to buy k5 , welcome to call / whatsapp / pm me for the detail . fast stock available before raya !

Regards,
vincent lim
012-6867614

This post has been edited by 70: Aug 9 2012, 10:05 AM
shah mad
post Aug 9 2012, 10:18 AM

0 posts

Hello Mr MeToo, Where are you?
MeToo
post Aug 9 2012, 10:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(vanan78 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:05 PM)
Bro, no need to argue, every car has its advantages and disadvantages.
Some buyers go for performance, comfort, value for money and specifications.
End of the day,it all depends what you are looking for.
OMG... finally.. someone who owns a K5 and is not a fanatic who thinks his cars does it all!

QUOTE(vanan78 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:05 PM)
No matter what, we are happy and proud owners of K5. Don't care what people like you say.Its our money.
We don't have to listen to people's advice on how to spend our own money.
As for you being happy with K5... good for u mate... u look back my comments... u see anywhere I slam K5? Its just some overzealous owners who CANNOT accept that there are 140k car with BETTER PERFORMANCE then K5.

Ofcourse then you have peopel coming out of the woodworks claiming i have to put in more restrictive parameters for comparison. Sorry to say, no I dont, i dont need to narrow my parameters. If YOU want to buy a d-segment 2.0NA etc etc etc and put in a restrictive comparison parameter to choose yoru car then its YOUR choice.

So until someone here can state that "K5 beat every car costing 140k performance wise" then u guys are just dancing around the bushes refusing to accept any other views other then "OMFG K5 is da bomb!!"

Added on August 9, 2012, 10:28 am
QUOTE(shah mad @ Aug 9 2012, 10:18 AM)
Hello Mr MeToo, Where are you?
Good morning to you too, sorry unlike some working stiffs, my hours are pretty flexible, so I usually come in late to office smile.gif

ps : I hate getting stuck in rush hour jam in a manual (higher then K5) performance car tongue.gif

Added on August 9, 2012, 10:33 am
QUOTE(Krafted @ Aug 8 2012, 10:13 PM)
Before I bought  my K5,  I have already decided that I want a D-segment car, an all rounders for mostly commuting purpose. Not a C-segment or below (Golf?) ; nor the most powerful animal at that price but at the expense of other criteria(2ndhand Evo? Or a 1975 Lancer with recond 3.5L engine  biggrin.gif ); nor a 2 wheeler. This is my baseline and I believe this is true for most of us here and in general true for most of the people that are looking for K5/Sonata/Accord/Camry/ Teana etc.  it's sort of untold implied common understanding.

I respect your point of comparing 140k to 140k without any other condition as that is your freedom, but I do not believe your thinking should not be broadened to consider what other people's apples are. The baseline above clearly says it......and yes I do have my freedom to say about my apple.

Btw we have constructive criticism on the K5 too.
Hey there, like I said above, the buyers here are free to compare using whatever parameters they like cause every buyers have different needs and wants. I just failed to understand why there are some peopel who just refuses my simple statement that there are 140k cars with better performance then K5, and instead keep trying to argue/force others to accept THEIR comparison parameters.

So if some guy go to the salesman and says, I want a fast car with good performance, I have 140k in the bag.... should the salesman says "Now, this car here is the BEST performance in its D-segment, 4 doors, 6 airbag, 2.0NA engine car! So this MUST be your only choice"?

I agree that you have your freedom to say about your apple, but it seems to me... there are several poster here who feel I DO NOT have my freedom to choose my apple hmm.gif

Added on August 9, 2012, 10:36 am
QUOTE(ken7908 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:04 PM)
I owned a k5 and a vw polo. At 115k polo, it already more powerful on torque and pickup if u were to compare on price basis.

But then k5 not a powerful car, it is d segment car which does not carry any turbocharge system. What can we expect from such car? Teana, camry, accord, mazda6 all these falls in the same category and price range rm140k. We all know and set the expectation before getting it. And none of d segment at range of rm140k is greater in performance.
Your first sentence already proven my statement to be true, whilst some of yoru frens here still refusing to accept the fact.

As for your last statement, it might be true (then again I didnt bother to compare all d-segment car), but again, my initial statement (who seems to inflame a few owners here hehehehe) didnt mention anything about "d-segment" now did I?

This post has been edited by MeToo: Aug 9 2012, 10:36 AM
miuk
post Aug 9 2012, 10:45 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

So mr metoo, which car would you kindly share with the fellow forumers that is better in terms of performance compared to a K5 at 140k range price point?

Sincerely,
MeNoob
kcng
post Aug 9 2012, 10:49 AM

~ Or@ng Giler ~
17,566 posts

QUOTE(miuk @ Aug 9 2012, 10:45 AM)
So mr metoo, which car would you kindly share with the fellow forumers that is better in terms of performance compared to a K5 at 140k range price point?

Sincerely,
MeNoob
performance - so i would assume out right power, speed and handling...

VW jetta (which is just slightly north of 140k or something south of 140k, the new honda civic)
smile.gif
K5 don't come close in terms of all 3...

but if u talk about gadgets (again =.="), yes K5 has a longer spec list...
MeToo
post Aug 9 2012, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(kcng @ Aug 9 2012, 10:49 AM)

VW jetta (which is just slightly north of 140k or something south of 140k, the new honda civic)
smile.gif

Bro! You didnt compare same d-segment, 2.0NA, same car weight, same car price, same brand name, same boot space, same chasis number! How can u simply use Jetta... not Fuji Apple to Fuji Apple comparison also! vmad.gif

Added on August 9, 2012, 12:41 pm
QUOTE(miuk @ Aug 9 2012, 10:45 AM)

Sincerely,
MeNoob
Dear Mr. MeNoob,

I hear you are driving a kereta sukan ala Proton Lancer Inspira? How is the performance compared to K5?

Sincerely,
MeProJor!

This post has been edited by MeToo: Aug 9 2012, 12:41 PM
kenrain
post Aug 9 2012, 12:50 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 9 2012, 10:27 AM)
<Rubbish>
Till now still fails to mentioned which car but keep on ranting again and again. Haha. rclxms.gif

I doubt you can support your argument with valid facts. Another troll here. whistling.gif
kcng
post Aug 9 2012, 01:15 PM

~ Or@ng Giler ~
17,566 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 9 2012, 12:40 PM)
Bro! You didnt compare same d-segment, 2.0NA, same car weight, same car price, same brand name, same boot space, same chasis number! How can u simply use Jetta... not  Fuji Apple to Fuji Apple comparison also!  vmad.gif
huah.....
sorry boss... let me go ask unker google sin
icon_question.gif

ph34r.gif
K5WHITE
post Aug 9 2012, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Aug 9 2012, 12:40 PM)
Bro! You didnt compare same d-segment, 2.0NA, same car weight, same car price, same brand name, same boot space, same chasis number! How can u simply use Jetta... not  Fuji Apple to Fuji Apple comparison also!  vmad.gif

so obvious u tambah sos kasi pedas...ppl asking compare 2.0 na d segment, u add same chassis number, same boot space, same brand name doh.gif

Added on August 9, 2012, 1:41 pm
QUOTE(kcng @ Aug 9 2012, 10:49 AM)

smile.gif

if u track back the argument, i put it in a way, that K5 performance is abt the same within d segment, 2.0 na engine.
AND IF MeToo compare with turbocharged or others, of course we are not comparing apple to apple, which literally means not fair.

So far, be it V1, V2 or V3 thread, none of the actual K5 owners ever say K5 the bestest powerest watever superlatives these non-owner say we said so. All we said was, loving the car, awesome and those praises to the car and also the SC/SA. Which also means, we never say K5 beat other cars in every aspects regardless or class and price(dont be dumb, no car is perfect). And we accept factual constructive comments on K5 as well, not simply say "korean = doom" and "these korean fanbois cannot accept comments wan lar" without backing or source.

This post has been edited by K5WHITE: Aug 9 2012, 01:47 PM
vanan78
post Aug 9 2012, 02:31 PM

2 posts

http://www.mudah.my/Kia+Optima+K5+2+0+5+YR...AN-16486452.htm

Few weeks back there was a Kia Optima for sale such as in the link above.
I checked out the car but I decided to go for new car, bright silver.
The salesman told me that the car sold off 3days ago for RM130k.
Can we say the resale value is getting better for Kia Optima?
Or its too early to decide.
Expecting some matured view/responses, definitely not looking forward a reply from MeToo.

kenrain
post Aug 9 2012, 02:40 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(vanan78 @ Aug 9 2012, 02:31 PM)

Expecting some matured view/responses, definitely not looking forward a reply from MeToo.
From my opinion, I think it is still too early to tell for the resell value. However we can see the resell value from 2013 onwards as 2011 K5 model resell value is not very accurate as it has just been used 1 year and 1 months but prospective buyer will see it as 2 years (consideration that the user are to sell K5 on 2013 Jan). So the more accurate figures will be from users of 2012 Jan batch onwards, which sells on 2013 Jan.

For a K5 registered on 2012 Jan and sell on 2013 Jan, I think the price should be tag at around RM 126k. Are you willing to buy a 1 year old K5 at RM 126k? Willing buyer willing seller case.
TamaUser
post Aug 9 2012, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(vanan78 @ Aug 9 2012, 02:31 PM)

I always think that white colour is not nice for K5, but this looks extremely nice drool.gif

12 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:48 PM