Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Scenaria at north kiara hill, another project by UOA

views

spurswong
post Nov 28 2012, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

The current upgrading of Jalan Segambut from the bridge/Chinese school will eventually link up to Jalan Segambut at Segambut Dalam to Plaza Mont Kiara (Jln Kiara 4 IIANM) making the road in front of Mandy Villa and Jalan Kiara 3 secondary roads. 1st phase expected to complete Nov 2013. Squatter relocation for Jln Kiara 4 to Plaza MK in its initial stages is being done. Road to DPC a bonus if it happens.
If there were no road upgrades, this project will not be able to sell as there are better alternatives at this price elsewhere with better infrastructure as already mentioned.
So, it's basically taking a punt on the road improvement in the Segambut Dalam area and the reputation of the developer, however nebulous this concept is.
spurswong
post Nov 28 2012, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Actually went to the office of the contractor who is currently doing the Jln Segambut upgrade from the Chinese school to Segambut Dalam to speak to the supervisor there at M Avenue. As to the Jln Kiara 4 link to Plaza MK, spoke to the workers at the site where the squatters had been cleared (under the NKVE flyover).
Am also very skeptical when it comes to 'proposed roads' being used by developers as a marketing tool but when there's actual work being done, can always talk to the people at the site.
This one is hearsay from someone who lives at Bkt Prima Pelangi. There apparently will be a link from NKVE to Prima Pelangi. Anybody knows more of this?
spurswong
post Nov 28 2012, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

For those heading from the city towards Menjalara/Tmn Bkt Maluri using Jln Segambut, yes, they will still have to pass through that dreaded junction at Mandy Villa, which I cannot see how it can be improved. But for Scenaria heading to work presumably in the city, the 2 bottlenecks at Mandy Villa and Jln Kiara 3 (in front of Garden Int School) have been bypassed once the road upgrades are completed.

The folks at Damansara Hts vote under the constituency of 'Segambut' but Segambut don't sell as well as names like Hartamas, Kiara, MK, TTDI etc. There is actually a project called Cheras Hartamas, I kid you not!

BTW I don't work for UOA, just live around the area.
spurswong
post Nov 29 2012, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Prima Pelangi to Sri Sinar access almost ready, ravine had been filled, just need some tar.

Eventually. Jln Kiara 1 will be connected to Segambut Dalam, easier for people there to get to Sri Bintang/Menjalara area where there are lots of good Chinese restaurants so it's not all bad.
spurswong
post Dec 21 2012, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Just the first 200m only to Prima Impian, work on the the link from Prima Impian to Sri Bintang has not started yet.
spurswong
post Dec 24 2012, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Besides the condo, they also have 44 units of superlink houses priced in excess of RM2 mill to sell, unlikely to be chain link fencing, if it is best of luck to UOA trying to sell those 44 units.
spurswong
post Jan 9 2013, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(RomaNce @ Jan 8 2013, 11:50 PM)
They cant provide an answer to this question yet. But i believe, gated and guarded should be brick wall fence.
If thay can't provide an answer means it's chain link fencing, it's normal marketing strategy to be nebulous about negative aspects of their property. Better to know now than on VP when you receive your keys and maybe pop a blood vessel in your brain.

However, I believe Setapak Geen purchasers have managed to successfully complained to UOA to have it changed to brick wall fencing. So simple really, condo buyers can just show up when UOA launch their 1.8 million+ superlink villas and publicise the chain link fencing to prospective buyers then.
spurswong
post Jan 14 2013, 07:30 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Mervin29 @ Jan 14 2013, 06:39 PM)
Why always focus on the fencing side.The most important is "workmanship" no leacking and crack.
Because there is no security with chain-link fencing, anyone with a plier can get inside the perimeter within 2 minutes.
spurswong
post Jan 17 2013, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(lexusss @ Jan 17 2013, 11:03 AM)
rclxms.gif  yes yes stop arguing around the fence issue already. so not constructive. i bought a high floor unit already. i have no issue with chain fencing. don mind people jealous of my condo interior.
I bought a unit and found out about the chain-link fencing after signing the SPA and feel shortchanged by UOA. To me, the standard is brick wall fencing not only for security but for privacy issues. I understand that UOA will be planting trees adjacent to the fence. If there is a sensor mechanism to the fence, then no issues and credit where it is due.

If it is just chain-link fencing without sensor mechanism then let'e be honest here, it's just a blatant cost cutting exercise by a supposed reputable developer.

spurswong
post Jan 30 2013, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Rule #1 in buying property in Malaysia, 'There is no such thing as a reputable developer'

Rule #2, 'Don't forget rule #1'.
spurswong
post Feb 3 2013, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

What'e the point of a forum when we can only discuss the positive aspects of a project? Most of the time the developers SA will overemphasise this anyway.

Let's just call a spade a spade, chain link fencing without sensor is cost cutting regardless of the entry price point.
spurswong
post Feb 8 2013, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Chill guys. Just as a previous project does not guarantee a similar quality for the next project, it is not fair to judge the end product 2-3 years before completion! I understand some of you are very disappointed at Setapak Green but it might not be the same for Scenaria, end product could be better (or worse), who knows, we can't see the future right?

Location, however you kiara or hartamas it, this is Segambut Dalam, make no bones about it. If you don't think Segambut Dalam can be tranformed with the clearing of the squatters then this is not for you. However, it sits smack in between MK and DPC, 2 'game changers' in the Klang Vally property scene.

On the building itself, there are some units with DPC view that are facing the Malay cemetery and the oxidation pond. These will be difficult to sell and the developer will most likely fully furnish them and offer them at a discounted price.

The facilities, pretty standard except that there will be an extensive 'green area' that will accomodate a camping site, which to me is an interesting feature that my young kids would like. The chain link fencing without sensor, well you already know my take on that and if UOA can change that to standard brick wall then they will improve the sales of the 44 1.8 mill + superlink houses.
spurswong
post Feb 16 2013, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(nexus2238 @ Feb 14 2013, 06:06 PM)
Both MK & DPC has strong "centralised" (more or less) developer in Sunrise and DPC.
Don't see that happening with Segambut Dalam smile.gif
You are right.From the Duta-Sg Buloh expressway to Mandy Villa, there are many parcels of land with numerous owners and the widening of Jln Segambut to Plaza Mont Kiara may or may not happen. Perhaps we should open a new thread to discuss Segambut Dalam in general.
spurswong
post Mar 22 2013, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(Chris Chew @ Mar 21 2013, 08:53 PM)
The proposed road of Scenaria directly to DPC Sime Darby Medical Centre is 2km, is quite near then but the land which, the stretch of the long road is belongs to UOA?

The cost of the proposed road of 2km would be in super heavy cost.
Yes the land was acquired by UOA for the sole purpose of linking through to Sri Bintang/DPC at great cost, according to their SA. Then UOA stinge by using chain link fencing instead of brick wall. Go figure!

Looks like more emphasis is being put on the construction of the link villas instead of the condominium at this point in time.
spurswong
post Nov 13 2013, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Yes this is the way to go. Don't understand the folks at MK and Dutamas Raya, they seem oblivious to all the new projects even though the traffic situation in those areas has deteriorated exponentially.
spurswong
post Jun 11 2014, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

2 main issues with this project, the units facing the Malay cemetery and the chain link fencing. Villa Crystal has taken care of the first issue but last I checked, UOA is still persisting with the chain link fence.
spurswong
post Jun 11 2014, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Chain link refers to Scenaria. Good to hear that Setapak Green has changed to brick fencing.
spurswong
post Jun 11 2014, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Brick fence is more secure compared with chain link fencing and correct me if I'm wrong I don't see any high end Sunrise or Ireka condos in MK with chain link fencing.
spurswong
post Jun 11 2014, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Tiffani chain link fencing, didn't know that, apologies, my bad. As long as the buyers are aware that they are getting chain link fencing and are happy with that, I guess, no issues then.

Chain link fencing without sensor mechanism is a weakness of this project but that's only my opinion as I prioritise security over aesthetics.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0349sec    0.04    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:36 AM