OK this is what is rumored and discussed in the local thread as of now. No details are released yet until a further announcement will be made in September 2012.
1. The new name is TRX or Tun Razak Exchange at the KL International Financial District.
2. It is accessible by one of KL's main circular road - Jalan Tun Razak, which shares the same name as TRX.
3. It is located near Bukit Bintang, at the far end of the Pudu/San Peng area, once known as the backyard of Kuala Lumpur due partly to the existence of the centuries-old Pudu Jail, which will also be thorn down soon.
4. The winning international architect for the iconic signature tower has yet to be announced.
5. The final masterplan was revealed yesterday and thus is completed. The leading planner was Machado & Silvetti Associates of Boston USA.
6. The masterplan focused in creating a "global" environment for Kuala Lumpur. The masterplan features large green spaces, sustainable buildings, limited motor vehicle usage, large tranquil parks coupled with rooftop gardens and solid waste management eco-system.
7. Based on KL City Hall planning submission, there will be a provision of up to 24 towers, a large upscale shopping mall and retail boulevards with ample parking spaces. All structures to be erected will be dependent on market demand.
8. The Phase 1 of the project is due for completion in 2017. Construction has started.
9. Tun Razak Exchange will also host an underground MRT station, which is currently under construction.