Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BRT will be created in Federal Highway, yahoo! Finally! News

views

omnimech
post Jul 30 2012, 01:40 PM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

I somewhat doubt they will have a solid plan to implement this.

Even if they do, with the idiotic way malaysia plans their construction, they will cause the federal highway to jam for 3 years while the construction of the BRT is on the way.

The stupid new proposed LRT already causing roads to change from 3 lane to 2 lanes.

omnimech
post Jul 30 2012, 01:50 PM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:45 PM)
By the end, you will get LRT that will cater 500,000 people.

Inside USJ, there will be elevated BRT too.

Maybe they could have done road expansion earlier, but I doubt it can be done in USJ, where there is lack of space for that.

Elevated work shall end by next year. Then the rest should be track laying.
What I meant is, they should have more of an overall solution planned rather than 1 project at a time.

If the construction is already on the way, wouldnt it make sense to expand the number of lanes on our highways as well ?

Look at the bigger picture rather than just the LRT.

No doubt, the LRT will help congestion and the BRT as well, but it wouldnt hurt to fix up the roads and highways as well ?

Its more of a lifestyle choice rather than being forced into it.

Singapore is literally a douche bag with its excessive COE tax to even buy a car.

It is indeed sometimes a better option to take a car rather than the lrt, and it even applies in Singapore which has an excellent public transportation system in place.
omnimech
post Jul 30 2012, 02:01 PM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 30 2012, 01:56 PM)
Any road expansion must cater transit lane, because in reality, even if you add another lane, the congestion will remain the same for two reasons:

- Klang Valley vehicle sales is very high

- In just few years, congestion will remain the same or even worse

A case study is in Bandar Utama. The overhead bridge on top of highway near Damansara Toll Plaza. It was 2 lanes, then upgraded to 3 lanes. Yet congestion is still chronic. A 2 km section may take 20 minutes just to clear the path which means even lane expansion will not cater traffic growth as well as solving congestion smile.gif

Government road planning is not known, though from what I gather, they are more interested in building bypass highways such as Damansara-Shah Alam Expresswawy, Kuala Lumpur Outer Ring Road, SKVE and so on.

On Federal Highway, some have suggested to build brand new Federal Highway on top of existing one, which I oppose.

I do suggest road improvement, but it must be planned to cater 20 years down the road, not just expand and end up clogged up in just 2 to 3 years, like what happened to most road projects in Malaysia, save for DUKE which is under-utilised smile.gif
What I meant was more of a 2 way expansion.

LRT / BRT will reduce congestion. (It may lower the number of cars on the road)

Expansion / New highways will increase the capacity of the roads.

Both are options to reduce traffic congestion, and I believe that it will actually work without the need for COE tax like Singapore.

Its more of the government actually putting this kind of forethought into their planning rather than looking at having small wins to win the heart of the people for election. smile.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0224sec    0.82    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:31 PM