Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BRT will be created in Federal Highway, yahoo! Finally! (News)

views

insider
post Jul 29 2012, 08:06 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:34 PM)
Bear in mind, more people driving the car.

If you have faster option of taking public transport, the attractiveness of taking bus will be better and it will lure more people to take public transport.

Adding one more lane for car is pointless, but in just 2 to 3 years if you have that extra car lane, the same congestion will happen or worse as the peripheral roads connecting the highway and the local neighbourhood will remain the same.

Hence the sensible option in longer term to relieve congestion is to add bus lane.
Adding another car lane or not, traffic will definitely increase as private cars will increase. Federal Highway will still be jammed as usual. Creating may help users get to work faster and to travel comfortably.
But my concern is, who is really benefiting from this project ? For a couple of years, while in construction, we have to mind the traffic jams. Meaning, we have to go early to avoid the jams. To avoid Federal Highway, we have to pay tolls. Then after construction, we have to pay money to use it. Dont think it will be very cheap due to current economy. Then, BRT doesn't reach your doorstep, you still have to drive for a distance.
Who is benefiting? The constructor, the project awarding bodies, whoever signs the deal.......
We always end up paying for everything. At the end of the day we always turn out to be the SUCKER right!
insider
post Jul 29 2012, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:53 PM)
One bus can carry 60 people.

60 people = 60 cars.

More efficient.

Do nothing, congestion will be even worse.
Some people getting 60 million richer !
insider
post Jul 29 2012, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 29 2012, 08:13 PM)
Suggest something that can reduce congestion then.

The bottomline is to reduce congestion, of which getting chronic on Federal Highway.

Our car volume is getting higher. We have reached WXD or so. Yet road congestion is getting terrible.
Free travel for students and the elderly. Drop 50% of the current charges for others. Volume will definitely increase. Or just price it cheaper for everyone so it makes sense to travel public rather than private. It is logical and sensible.
insider
post Jul 29 2012, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 29 2012, 08:19 PM)
Sometimes I don't know the psyche of some people.

Oppose MRT, say too expensive.

Oppose BRT, cannot.

What do they want?

I begin to think that they are the partly the reason why public transport keep lagging behind.
Nothing personal, are you a public transport user?
insider
post Jul 29 2012, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Jul 29 2012, 08:34 PM)
I am public transport user. I also have driving licence, I do drive too.
Like I said nothing personal, BUT I am more concern to who is really benefiting from this project? Can they be transparent in the costing of the project?

I am a public transport user too but I think public transport service here is not efficient. Projects will be completed as to whether public like it or not cause some people already got richer but where is the efficiency?

All I want is to travel on time, without a burn in my pocket, and reach safely even in the wee hours in the day.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th June 2021 - 01:25 PM