Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Secret of CCTV system that never been told, Installer won't tell u this!![MUST SEE!]

views

woengx2
post Jul 31 2012, 10:24 PM

Casual
311 posts

[[ QUOTE(woengx2 @ Jul 31 2012, 08:13 PM)
One should remember though the autogate, door access system, lighting, alarm system wireless transmitter and receiver will cost more than the DVR itself.

I personally think this is an hard sell for the so called remote ptz rather than informing the public how good this rojak is.

It is all depends on users who already have autogate, door access system, lighting, and alarm system. If users want to install cctv, perhaps they might want to have some control over their surveilled property. It would be a great choice and it is not as costly as the conventional home automation system. CCTV is like your "eyes", let you see; while Remote PTZ is like your "hands", let you do and control. If we only see, not fun siok enough, have to put your hands on, baru siok.

Hear this before?
Belum cuba belum tahu, habis cuba tiap tiap hari mau. ]]

Not the autogate, door access system, lighting, and alarm system that I am mentioning, I mean the cost of the wireless transmitter and cost of the wireless receiver itself is already so significantly higher. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I like your sentense :"CCTV is like your "eyes", let you see; while Remote PTZ is like your "hands", let you do and control. If we only see, not fun siok enough, have to put your hands on, baru siok. " rclxms.gif
skng03
post Aug 1 2012, 02:03 AM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 31 2012, 09:14 PM)

DVD, get high refresh rate is also critical.
DVD?…… or DVR ?

weikee
post Aug 1 2012, 06:29 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(skng03 @ Aug 1 2012, 02:03 AM)
DVD?…… or DVR ?
Sorry is dvr. Smart phone problem.

This post has been edited by weikee: Aug 1 2012, 06:30 AM
TSchinjianji
post Aug 1 2012, 09:06 AM

27 posts

Talk about smartphone, i thought about dvr app in smartphone. One of the best dvr app i try before is supercampro for iphone and superhd for ipad. They can support up to 16channel. Got another one is the product of SunJian one, all MEye, KEye and something about Eye one, that one support up to 4 channel.
weikee
post Aug 1 2012, 09:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(chinjianji @ Aug 1 2012, 09:06 AM)
Talk about smartphone, i thought about dvr app in smartphone. One of the best dvr app i try before is supercampro for iphone and superhd for ipad. They can support up to 16channel. Got another one is the product of SunJian one, all MEye, KEye and something about Eye one, that one support up to 4 channel.
Best is just use video via http, support almost all smart phone.

Dvr recorder, get brand like Samsung.
SueAnnie
post Aug 1 2012, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

Thanks for the information ..
I plan to get CCTV and alarm system in my house.. thumbup.gif

RickOoi
post Aug 1 2012, 05:26 PM

Casual
400 posts

But after reading this thread, I still not sure which CCTV to choose and which one is the best... oops.gif

Any specific recommendations? Tq
TSchinjianji
post Aug 1 2012, 10:05 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(RickOoi @ Aug 1 2012, 05:26 PM)
But after reading this thread, I still not sure which CCTV to choose and which one is the best... oops.gif

Any specific recommendations? Tq
It's depend on your requirement and budget. The most important is to get a good installer. When got problem, can be settle.

Added on August 1, 2012, 10:12 pm
QUOTE(weikee @ Aug 1 2012, 09:26 AM)
Best is just use video via http, support almost all smart phone.

Dvr recorder, get brand like Samsung.
For my personal experience, i prefer to have dvr app in the smartphone.
For the app, it usually have playback function, ptz, dvr setting and 2 way broadcasting.
It is easier to operate and provide a user-friendly interface.

This post has been edited by chinjianji: Aug 1 2012, 10:12 PM
nitromx
post Aug 2 2012, 11:49 AM

On my way
532 posts

im also blur la dont know which to go with blush.gif
weikee
post Aug 2 2012, 12:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

You need mix and match to create a complete CCTV system. Most important is the input source, get good brand and low Lux support, with minimal 500tvl.

Lots of brands you see they just OEM from few difference source. Some come with lousy CCTV, what is the point to capture but can't see the face.

When you do CCTV shopping please ask them lux rate, tvl, what is the F stop, and how good in the night mode?

nitromx
post Aug 2 2012, 12:06 PM

On my way
532 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Aug 2 2012, 12:03 PM)
You need mix and match to create a complete CCTV system. Most important is the input source, get good brand and low Lux support, with minimal 500tvl.

Lots of brands you see they just OEM from few difference source. Some come with lousy CCTV, what is the point to capture but can't see the face.

When you do CCTV shopping please ask them lux rate, tvl, what is the F stop, and how good in the night mode?
WeiKee,
can share some screen shot taken from your cctv?
perhaps a day and night shot
weikee
post Aug 2 2012, 12:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(nitromx @ Aug 2 2012, 12:06 PM)
WeiKee,
can share some screen shot taken from your cctv?
perhaps a day and night shot
I don't have. I am still saving for CCTV. I learn this from my friend who do CCTV and security access for bank.

If you want to buy and diy, try this company www.Picasso.com they carry many brand, including good brand.

Added on August 2, 2012, 12:14 pmI help my friend during his staff shortage.

This post has been edited by weikee: Aug 2 2012, 12:14 PM
woengx2
post Aug 2 2012, 01:53 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Aug 2 2012, 12:03 PM)

weikee, I'm a little confusing awaiting your further clarification if possible. biggrin.gif

IP Camera :[U]
-Can be access through smartphone directly
-No dvr required
-Can listen to the voice from surrounding of the camera
-Can have software integrated for loss object detection, face recognition
-Can perform to triggle alarm

CCTV Camera :[U]
-Can not access through smartphone directly
-Dvr is required
-Can not listen to the voice from surrounding of the camera
-Can not have software integrated for loss object detection, face recognition
-Can not perform to triggle alarm

weikee
post Aug 2 2012, 03:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(woengx2 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:53 PM)
weikee, I'm a little confusing awaiting your further clarification if possible.  biggrin.gif

-No dvr required
-Dvr is required
If you only have 1 ip camera, yes can access via smartphone directly, but if you have more than one, you want to see in one page browser i don't think is possible. You need to run it into a server / application to consolidate all the cameras and broadcast to web. This still need DVR.

Voice, yes i do see most IP camera come with voice recording. Analog you can too, is add on, and need additinal audio cabling.

Trigger alarm and lost object / contras color are possible using DVR. even build in IP camera features are limited.

For multiple cameras / cctv be it IP or Analog you still need a DVR for consolidation.

For DVR, get high FPS, and you need to devide the FPS to the channel it support. If you have DVR with support of 8 channel, and the DVR have 100fps. Is actually support per chanel is 12.5fps. Some cheapo DVR, i saw tham put 200fps for 8 channel, but it never say what is the resolution it record for 200fps, can be 288tvl for 200fps, and 480tvl for 80fps (that equal to 10fps, with 8 camera). For smooth motion, you need about 18fps (if i recall correctly)

For real time recording, ask the cheapo DVR dealer, what the resolution. Many hide it because realtime recording is very low resolution.

Lots of difference when you compare good and cheap DVR.

CCTV is really another big domain knowledge, I first thought it was easy as 123, but when i get to learn is really not that simple. Than cabling and noise is another interesting things.

Added on August 2, 2012, 3:13 pmThis knowledge i share are about 2 years old, I maybe outdated. There are more in real security setting especially for bank, and high security area.

This post has been edited by weikee: Aug 2 2012, 03:13 PM
TSchinjianji
post Aug 2 2012, 03:16 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(woengx2 @ Aug 2 2012, 01:53 PM)
weikee, I'm a little confusing awaiting your further clarification if possible.  biggrin.gif

-No dvr required
-Dvr is required
About the CCTV camera,
although it has all these problems, but it can be resolved by your DVR.
Add mic for your cctv camera for audio in, add speaker for audio out (it become broadcasting system). [you can even use smartphone to broadcast]
DVR can set the mask area for each channel and it can use to trigger alarm, ptz, speeddome, buzzer, recording(motion detect).
DVR can be used for simplify home automation system somemore.

For economical budget CCTV system, i recommend analog camera. For certain area or region which is important, use better analog camera.

woengx2
post Aug 2 2012, 03:30 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Aug 2 2012, 03:12 PM)
If you only have 1 ip camera, yes can access via smartphone directly, but if you have more than one, you want to see in one page browser i don't think is possible. You need to run it into a server / application to consolidate all the cameras and broadcast to web. This still need DVR.

Voice, yes i do see most IP camera come with voice recording. Analog you can too, is add on, and need additinal audio cabling.

Trigger alarm and lost object / contras color are possible using DVR. even build in IP camera features are limited. 

For multiple cameras / cctv be it IP or Analog you still need a DVR for consolidation.

For DVR, get high FPS, and you need to devide the FPS to the channel it support. If you have DVR with support of 8 channel, and the DVR have 100fps. Is actually support per chanel is 12.5fps. Some cheapo DVR, i saw tham put 200fps for 8 channel, but it never say what is the resolution it record for 200fps, can be 288tvl for 200fps, and 480tvl for 80fps (that equal to 10fps, with 8 camera). For smooth motion, you need about 18fps (if i recall correctly)

For real time recording, ask the cheapo DVR dealer, what the resolution. Many hide it because realtime recording is very low resolution.

Lots of difference when you compare good and cheap DVR.

CCTV is really another big domain knowledge, I first thought it was easy as 123, but when i get to learn is really not that simple. Than cabling and noise is another interesting things.

Added on August 2, 2012, 3:13 pmThis knowledge i share are about 2 years old, I maybe outdated. There are more in real security setting especially for bank, and high security area.
weikee, it is very informative indeed! rclxms.gif

anyway, is just difficult for one to decide whether buy merely on analog cctv or go for more high tech ip camera. hmm.gif
weikee
post Aug 2 2012, 03:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Got money buy good IP camera like Sony, Canon, panasonic these are pretty good cctv.

Like I say before, get with good low light support for outdoor. Usually B&W support lower lux.
nitromx
post Aug 2 2012, 05:58 PM

On my way
532 posts

can we get a normal setup with 2 good cameras like sony or panasonic
and the others are just normal cameras?

Added on August 3, 2012, 8:35 amanyone using Centrix CCTV?

This post has been edited by nitromx: Aug 3 2012, 08:35 AM
digilife
post Aug 5 2012, 07:39 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

Can you suggest the budget for a economy set with 2 cameras with DVR + cables + adaptors , self install. using Maxis Broadband on 3G Router.

Router and Broadband Modem already have, just the price of the CCTV set.

Thanks
sky_lor
post Aug 6 2012, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

from my 7 years experience in CCTV, these are the key things:

1. make sure the system record as per you configured/required.
2. make sure the recorded video is usable (e.g: able to recognize human face or car number plate, or even smaller object like money note if install at counter)

all others "extra" features is just add on bonus. no point to install a CCTV system which can't record the incident and can't provide you usable video footage as per your requirements...

for now HD IP camera is getting more and more affordable. analog camera might be good for general activity monitoring, but HD IP camera is recommended for object identification. or maybe HD SDI.

anyway just some sharing... smile.gif

26 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.68    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 PM