Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TIME TIME Fibre Broadband + Astro IPTV, Share your experience or questions

views

TSjustng
post Jul 19 2012, 04:22 PM, updated 12y ago

4 posts

Hi guys, anyone here on TIME broadband with Astro IPTV yet? Seems like a good deal..

Normal TIME package:
2Mbps - RM119
6Mbps - RM159
12Mbps - RM219

But TIME broadband with Astro IPTV:
3Mbps - (RM128.00)
6Mbps - (RM148.00)
12Mbps - (RM198.00)
24Mbps - (RM298.00)

Apparently you get to save about RM11 per month on the 6Mbps plan, which adds up to RM132 a year.
However the catch is that you need to subscribe to Astro together... but then again I also realised there are savings if I apply for the Astro IPTV as compared to the normal Astro subscription.

Me and my family already paying RM152 a month for Astro, if I subscribe to their Super Pack 3 package (which has more channels than my existing plan) is only RM130. A further RM22 savings a month (RM264 a year).

Oh and btw, got 2 months free broadband & astro super pack rebate if sign up now.. but it didn't say when the offer ends.. So I calculated for a year, total savings is about RM886.

I also checked that unifi 5mb plan is RM149, only RM1 more expensive and 1Mb slower than TIME's 6Mb plan. Maxis is RM148 for 10Mb.. used to be RM118 drool.gif drool.gif

Really tempted to sign up drool.gif drool.gif .. but anyone care to share their experience with TIME or Astro IPTV + TIME?

All the above information can be found here:
Astro IPTV + TIME broadband
TIME Broadband
TSjustng
post Jul 24 2012, 03:17 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pltan @ Jul 19 2012, 07:36 PM)
Just logged in with Astro IPTV, in fact the tech is still at my house clearing up now. Just moved over from being a Unifi 20 user.

Just did a speedtest, got 22mbps down, 27 up...lol?

user posted image
Are you on the 24Mbps plan? but getting 22Mbps down and strangely 27Mbps Up??? rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

How about the consistency? Is the speed consistent?
How about your location?

TSjustng
post Jul 27 2012, 10:44 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(azxel @ Jul 24 2012, 03:20 PM)
got myself the 12Mbps - (RM198.00) line with the RM130 Astro package but waiting for them to come install tomorrow...

I understand that they're giving it with the Cisco Router... is it a Wireless Router? Which Model? If signal is not strong, might consider getting an extender
I heard they giving free installation/activation (fiber optics cables from riser to your unit) worth RM300 if you choose auto debit option.

Anyway Azxel do let us know the whole experience from Installation to the actual surfing and tv experience. Thanks for sharing!

My condo management here don't allow satellite dish installation, so can't view HD channels vmad.gif
Hence considering Astro IPTV rclxub.gif
TSjustng
post Jul 31 2012, 02:28 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(abundai @ Jul 28 2012, 12:18 AM)
im on the 6mb plan.. superpack 1..
so far so good..  no issue..
line is very stable cos whenever im connected to my office vpn,  it never disconnects..

here's a speed test while im watching Fox HD channel..

[attachmentid=2970006]

most people like to install on the ceiling,  but i think it is more obvious..  instead, I installed on the floor..  less obvious..  later can hide with skirting..

[attachmentid=2970018]
Wow great idea to have it install by the floor.. but provided your living area is near and directly in line with the main entrance door??

Coz if you have one of those slightly complicated layout where you have the kitchen, and a huge dinning area before you get to the living area, laying the cable via the floor may be more expensive than via the ceiling (hidden inside the plaster ceiling).

but nevertheless.. a good idea though, never thought of it myself. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
TSjustng
post Aug 1 2012, 11:13 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(rip_code @ Aug 1 2012, 09:32 AM)
That's the download speed with speedtest I get as well.

On the other side, when torrenting, for 6Mbps package, I could get 600kB/s to 650kB/s constantly drool.gif
That's very good indeed. But you are the 2nd person who is getting a better upload speed than download speed on this forum. Isn't the upload speed suppose to be much lower compared to the download? unsure.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:17 PM