TIME TIME Fibre Broadband + Astro IPTV, Share your experience or questions

views

abundai
post Jul 28 2012, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
986 posts

im on the 6mb plan.. superpack 1..
so far so good.. no issue..
line is very stable cos whenever im connected to my office vpn, it never disconnects..

here's a speed test while im watching Fox HD channel..

Attached Image

most people like to install on the ceiling, but i think it is more obvious.. instead, I installed on the floor.. less obvious.. later can hide with skirting..

Attached Image

This post has been edited by abundai: Jul 28 2012, 12:23 AM
abundai
post Jul 29 2012, 03:38 AM

Enthusiast
986 posts

QUOTE(playxboxwii @ Jul 28 2012, 12:42 AM)
Im currently using the unifi ..cheapest plan..

Should i change? So far im satiesfied with unifi.. Sometimes not la bcause kejap2 rosak, dc ..but after few months ..ok already.mula2 je buat hal..

1 thing i hate is the router tm give .. Very poor signal..if go upstairs.. Cannot get signal at all

N astro service is damn good also.. Never had prob with astro before ..currently using Astro byond. Been astro customer since 2000  or 2002 iinm
tm already a lot prob but its only happen when 1st 2 months use only..

Btw my unifi cant view HD 720p above youtube..can but very slow n it stuck2
Utube HD content stuck? i dont get that with TIME 6mb for now la...
Further more, now rm148 TIME will give u 10mb..
plus Astro superpack1 or 2 at rm100, and superpack3 rm130..
n best of all, Astro signal won't get interrupted during heavy rain..
not sure how strong the wifi router is, but in my condo of 1.3k sq ft, all area can get good signal.. ok ok la i guess..

abundai
post Aug 3 2012, 06:11 AM

Enthusiast
986 posts

QUOTE(justng @ Jul 31 2012, 02:28 PM)
Wow great idea to have it install by the floor.. but provided your living area is near and directly in line with the main entrance door??

Coz if you have one of those slightly complicated layout where you have the kitchen, and a huge dinning area before you get to the living area, laying the cable via the floor may be more expensive than via the ceiling (hidden inside the plaster ceiling).

but nevertheless.. a good idea though, never thought of it myself.  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
true also... mine had to run along the longest side of the straight wall, then make a 90deg turn along the sliding door/balcony window (i put it under my flooring) and finally a 90deg turn to my tv cabinet...
n still got some extra cables...

luckily the installer only charge me extra 4metres=rm60 (15m is free from point of entry)..
he actually gave a lot of extra cable, more than 19metres i guess...
if the cables were to run on the ceiling, i will have to figure out how to cover them up when they need to go down to reach the tv cabinet, unless u have a feature wall or something la.. where else, from floor, I dont need to..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 PM