Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Not sure to choose Toyota Wish or Exora Bold?

captivesim
post Jul 16 2012, 08:59 AM

Group: Junior Member

Dear Lowyat members:

i really need your contribution in choosing these two cars as i am indecisive. blink.gif

any advice are welcome.

Exora Bold with CFE Turobe RM 80k

or

Toyota wish RM 95K

what do you think .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
s@ni
post Jul 16 2012, 09:02 AM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya
Group: Senior Member

wish la (that 95k, its a recond? )
+Quote Post
Volfeed
post Jul 16 2012, 09:38 AM

Casual

If you don't care about warranty and new car smell, Wish all the way.
+Quote Post
Deja Vu
post Jul 16 2012, 09:46 AM

Regular

For space, individual air con outlet, warranty n a bit more power, get d Exora CFE. Bad points, d interior is really dull n u can feel d bulk on d move.

For looks, usually 5 passengers, proven fc n reliability, get d Wish although I stil find it hard to justify d price for a car of tat age.
+Quote Post
ibid99
post Jul 16 2012, 10:03 AM

Choose the car you like, and ofcoz Wish quality is much more better than exora...
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Jul 16 2012, 11:35 AM

Getting Started

How old would that Wish be? By the time you buy it it may already be worn out...
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 16 2012, 12:16 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

the RM95 wish is recond?
thn better stay away...or check properly....recond car even if its toyota also will give u lots of problems
+Quote Post
TamaUser
post Jul 16 2012, 03:08 PM

Getting Started

I own a Wish 1.8 and have driven and sat on a Exora, thus I think I can give a better advice. If you want space, Exora would be a good deal. But Wish wins on other aspects. They have the same maintenance, my Wish had not been been broken down except for two times, the gear knob would not be able to be shifted due to the long-time unchanged oil, second was faulty timing belt. But those are not problems by the car itself.

Comfort, noise wish wins a little bit. My tyres are 215/50/17 and is making quite a lot noise because original tyres were 195/65/R15 and I am living in East Malaysia where the roads condition are hell. But with those tyre dimension, handling is superb. The sound isolation is nice.

Performance, I should admit that my 1.8 is not so powerful. 0-100 takes about 10s. The engine is responsive in first gear, and is still acceptable in the following gears. But I do not think Exora is good either.

RM95000, I think the car is between year 2004-2006? Mine is 2003, and has clocked 100k km. And is still running good. It does not really give lots of problems. But make sure to check the car properly before you buy.
+Quote Post
iXora.ix
post Jul 16 2012, 03:10 PM

Love yourself before you start to love someonelse

my comment only 1...

wish only front aircond..

exora, back passenger also got smile.gif

others.. same. hehehe
+Quote Post
Deja Vu
post Jul 16 2012, 03:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(TamaUser @ Jul 16 2012, 03:08 PM)
I own a Wish 1.8 and have driven and sat on a Exora, thus I think I can give a better advice. If you want space, Exora would be a good deal. But Wish wins on other aspects. They have the same maintenance, my Wish had not been been broken down except for two times, the gear knob would not be able to be shifted due to the long-time unchanged oil, second was faulty timing belt. But those are not problems by the car itself.

Comfort, noise wish wins a little bit. My tyres are 215/50/17 and is making quite a lot noise because original tyres were 195/65/R15 and I am living in East Malaysia where the roads condition are hell. But with those tyre dimension, handling is superb. The sound isolation is nice.

Performance, I should admit that my 1.8 is not so powerful. 0-100 takes about 10s. The engine is responsive in first gear, and is still acceptable in the following gears. But I do not think Exora is good either.

RM95000, I think the car is between year 2004-2006? Mine is 2003, and has clocked 100k km. And is still running good. It does not really give lots of problems. But make sure to check the car properly before you buy.
I thought Wish/Altis's 1ZZ-FE uses timing chain instead of belt?

But although I agree tat 1.8 is merely enuf, d gear ratios maximizes d power in d mid-range quite well compared to the equivalent G.Livina 1.8. Another thing is tat the engine is better refined n muted compred to d common Campro-CVT whine as in the Saga FLX n Preve CFE.
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jul 16 2012, 03:23 PM

------Emma Watson------- Spam Club(R)(C)

the wish the drawback is the last row , got no aircond , which depending on the weather here , is either good or bad .
+Quote Post
stinger82
post Jul 16 2012, 03:33 PM

Getting Started

t wish has good handling and good top speed thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 16 2012, 03:49 PM

Getting Started

I use Exora bold

All good except this few things:

Below 30km/h cvt noise abit noisy
Its hard to wash the roof because its too high
Oil control valve yet to be fixed, wait for next service
VVT also got problem ( other user kena not me, depend luck)

that's all, I love EB because of space, high speed stability, fast acceleration, reverse camera, and BCM
+Quote Post
zul_3231
post Jul 16 2012, 08:49 PM

Getting Started

Agree with tamauser,i own wish 1.8..already sat in exora..and absolutely wish is better..the problem is only rear aircon..but i think that is not big issue just blow aircon to the back then.For me not the big problem.Comfort and nvh wish better,maintenance almost same..maybe wish slightly expensive since no manufacture warranty and the best is FC.. notworthy.gif
+Quote Post
bizz3189
post Jul 17 2012, 01:51 PM

Just curious about ur wish bro TamaUser, as i know 1.8 engine used timing chain and for 2.0 engine used timing belt rite? coz my friend olso own 1.8 wish.... For me ive rather stick on wish 1.8 (of coz if 2.0 more powerful) seriously coz many time i drive it more comfortable & performance on wish compare to Exora 1.6 CFE (my co. car), if TS dont mind about warranty go for wish coz 1.6 CFE cant compare with 1.8 engine....maybe diff with other ppl but only my two cents...
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 17 2012, 02:37 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(bizz3189 @ Jul 17 2012, 01:51 PM)
Just curious about ur wish bro TamaUser, as i know 1.8 engine used timing chain and for 2.0 engine used timing belt rite? coz my friend olso own 1.8 wish.... For me ive rather stick on wish 1.8 (of coz if 2.0 more powerful) seriously coz many time i drive it more comfortable & performance on wish compare to Exora 1.6 CFE (my co. car), if TS dont mind about warranty go for wish coz 1.6 CFE cant compare with 1.8 engine....maybe diff with other ppl but only my two cents...
RM95k wish mean quite old already...of course no warranty..problem sure got
i think going recond..better check properly be4 buy...RM95k for wish mean its quite old already
it "may" have alot of problems but no doubt its a better car than exora bold
just see u rich enough to fix it up or not only
+Quote Post
Riq
post Jul 17 2012, 02:48 PM

if you not lucky, both mpv will take you to workshop/service centre quiet often. if it wish, you have to use your own money. if it exora bold, you still have your warranty.

its your choice
+Quote Post
TamaUser
post Jul 17 2012, 03:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Deja Vu @ Jul 16 2012, 03:18 PM)
I thought Wish/Altis's 1ZZ-FE uses timing chain instead of belt?

But although I agree tat 1.8 is merely enuf, d gear ratios maximizes d power in d mid-range quite well compared to the equivalent G.Livina 1.8. Another thing is tat the engine is better refined n muted compred to d common Campro-CVT whine as in the Saga FLX n Preve CFE.
Sorry, it is a timing chain.

Added on July 17, 2012, 3:42 pm
QUOTE(bizz3189 @ Jul 17 2012, 01:51 PM)
Yea, I made a mistake. It is a chain, not belt.

This post has been edited by TamaUser: Jul 17 2012, 03:42 PM
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 17 2012, 04:08 PM

noooooo....

drove toyota wish last time.. even its 4 speed auto n 1.8 still kinda pick-up for a very large body, handling also nice.. drove it last time didnt felt it was a mpv, felt like car to me..
+Quote Post
BlackWoods
post Jul 17 2012, 04:36 PM

Dark Knight

Toyota Wish la bro, better handling and performance.
Exora, no comment.
+Quote Post
ImUrDaddY
post Jul 17 2012, 05:07 PM

Getting Started

wish no air con at behind.. hot like shit man if in malaysia.. unless u wan more face compare to aircon tongue.gif
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 17 2012, 08:13 PM

noooooo....

if hot buy v-kool, wingard or huper optik tinted.. sure not hot after that.. but prepare to spend around rm2.5k+..
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 17 2012, 08:41 PM

Getting Started

Of coz buy wish.. Wish is a good car and toyota will never lose to proton.. toyota SC is much better than proton SC.. Toyota SC treat u like a boss but proton SC treat u like you need their help... Trust me. My first car is proton, now i am driving toyota. Toyota maintenance is reasonable and quite cheap. sometimes proton parts is much more expensive than toyota and i have no idea why.. maybe inside they masuk pocket..
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 17 2012, 09:23 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 17 2012, 08:41 PM)
Of coz buy wish.. Wish is a good car and toyota will never lose to proton.. toyota SC is much better than proton SC.. Toyota SC treat u like a boss but proton SC treat u like you need their help... Trust me. My first car is proton, now i am driving toyota. Toyota maintenance is reasonable and quite cheap. sometimes proton parts is much more expensive than toyota and i have no idea why.. maybe inside they masuk pocket..
i think your eyes missed it..its a RM95k wish...not brand new and consider quite old already
and u dn't service it at toyota SC, u have to service outside
+Quote Post
dares
post Jul 17 2012, 09:31 PM

Group: New Member

Toyota SC good? They sent my frikkin wheel hub to an outside workshop because their SC don't have the equipment to remove and replace the bearings, and made me wait 8 hours without any updates. The service advisor wasn't terribly patient with my pestering either.

Not saying Proton is any better, they are both just as bad.
+Quote Post
Aaron135LC
post Jul 17 2012, 09:38 PM

Casual

Toyota sc depends on how big is the SC.. The one my mum went to one.. Is big one.. They service our car not bad wat.. Not all SC are good.. The one my mum went to one is also good.. But got some bad also.. Just that the pros is more than cons.. So shud be ok lah.. Malaysian ma.. Ok lah.. Mau tahap german service.. Tapi itu staff all is marersian.. No complain d loh..

I sit inside wish before.. Didnt drive.. Sat on the last row.. Truthfully.. Quite cramped for me 175cm.. Lol.. But wat i can say is.. Power really WOW.. Fetching 7 adults.. And u can still feel the torque on the last row.. LOL..
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 17 2012, 10:09 PM

Getting Started

If you dont mind the old age, rear aircond and big space..take wish smile.gif

Extra things that EB have but not in wish

1) reverse camera
2) Spare tyre is the same size and the same alloy rim like stock
3) Aircond for each row
4) Big space
5) Flat surface when fold down middle and rear seat
6) CVT transmission
7) vibration
8) minor engine defects
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jul 17 2012, 10:52 PM

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jul 17 2012, 10:09 PM)
If you dont mind the old age, rear aircond and big space..take wish smile.gif

Extra things that EB have but not in wish

1) reverse camera
2) Spare tyre is the same size and the same alloy rim like stock
3) Aircond for each row
4) Big space
5) Flat surface when fold down middle and rear seat
6) CVT transmission
7) vibration
8) minor engine defects
reverse camera and cvt the wish got depending on which spec and which capacity (1.8,2.0),usually some of they grey imports will have one those 2 .
point to note , the toyota sc will not service any grey/pararell import wish (though some might , not sure) ..
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 17 2012, 11:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 17 2012, 09:23 PM)
i think your eyes missed it..its a RM95k wish...not brand new and consider quite old already
I will never get any proton cars again. I have suffered many times because of their attitude and the way the serve me as customer. Even i got a free preve from contest right now, i will sell away immediately even below rm40k. Protons never learn from mistake and the way they work really disappointed...
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 18 2012, 03:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 17 2012, 11:08 PM)
I will never get any proton cars again. I have suffered many times because of their attitude and the way the serve me as customer. Even i got a free preve from contest right now, i will sell away immediately even below rm40k. Protons never learn from mistake and the way they work really disappointed...
I really doubt this whistling.gif
+Quote Post
Deja Vu
post Jul 18 2012, 05:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 17 2012, 08:41 PM)
Can local Toyota SC accept grey imports? Coz d only Wish tat was officially brought in was d d 2.0 Wish driven by d 2.0 Camry engine built in Siam-land.
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 18 2012, 05:41 PM

noooooo....

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 17 2012, 09:23 PM)
seriously Wish cant be service at toyota SC ? but i saw many2 times alphard, harrier n also wish service at toyota sc.. my house at the back of toyota SC if u wanna know wink.gif
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 18 2012, 05:58 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 18 2012, 05:41 PM)
seriously Wish cant be service at toyota SC ? but i saw many2 times alphard, harrier n also wish service at toyota sc.. my house at the back of toyota SC if u wanna know  wink.gif
in my place(sabah), they dn't...they all service outside
even the one sold by toyota like hilux and rush, they dn't service in toyota SC as well
because its way too expensive
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 18 2012, 06:01 PM

noooooo....

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 18 2012, 05:58 PM)
in my place(sabah), they dn't...they all service outside
even the one sold by toyota like hilux and rush, they dn't service in toyota SC as well
because its way too expensive
owh.. expensive yes, totally agree.. service vios aircon at toyota SC price is rm1k, outside rm250 rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by amad108: Jul 18 2012, 06:01 PM
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jul 18 2012, 06:10 PM

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 18 2012, 05:41 PM)
seriously Wish cant be service at toyota SC ? but i saw many2 times alphard, harrier n also wish service at toyota sc.. my house at the back of toyota SC if u wanna know  wink.gif
Depends on the sc itself .some will and some will not ...
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 18 2012, 06:22 PM

noooooo....

any idea what is the reason if they will not accept ? if toyota import cars cant be service at toyota sc, seem not make any sense if u ask me..
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jul 18 2012, 06:26 PM

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 18 2012, 06:22 PM)
any idea what is the reason if they will not accept ? if toyota import cars cant be service at toyota sc, seem not make any sense if u ask me..
I did ask when I got my wish last time , they said its due to company policy and the parts ....not sure they were giving bs or what ...
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 18 2012, 06:41 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 18 2012, 06:22 PM)
i think its abt part..since they dn't sell that model here, they dn't get the parts over here
but if they do, you'll know they'll charge u premium price for it
and another problem is all those car are recond..later have any problem..SC have to tanggung pula..kena blame
i know becuz my friend has an alphard and estima...his alphard every month go workshop
ABS also change 3 times already
+Quote Post
hkh_88
post Jul 18 2012, 06:44 PM

Getting Started

Take wish la. Now already got people modify the rear aircon
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 18 2012, 06:46 PM

Getting Started

mafan, if something gone wrong then more problems
+Quote Post
post Jul 19 2012, 02:42 AM

Money Snowball

QUOTE(amad108 @ Jul 17 2012, 08:13 PM)
if hot buy v-kool, wingard or huper optik tinted.. sure not hot after that.. but prepare to spend around rm2.5k+..
my exora cost only 1.8k at vkool pj rothman round about. love the space when carry huge items.

i drive accord yr2010 but still enjoy exora @weekend.

recon wish? new car for me anytime if same budget. enough of nightmares repairing old cars.
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jul 19 2012, 08:57 AM

noooooo....

exora a bit down at interior quality... this recond wish is new model, year 2010/11 if i'm not mistaken.. new also got but kinda pricy.. exora dashboard kinda dull compare with wish dashboard IMO
user posted image
user posted image

Added on July 19, 2012, 8:59 ammaybe rm2.5k+ for huper optik coz my suzuki alto use huper optik cost rm2.1k, v-kool a bit cheaper around rm1.6k..

This post has been edited by amad108: Jul 19 2012, 08:59 AM
+Quote Post
adijb
post Jul 19 2012, 10:13 AM

Getting Started

For me, I choose new EB over old wish. Reasons being:
1. Warranty. I value this. Don't want to buy second hand car anymore.
2. Rear aircond vent. Even my avanza is better than wish in this area. Just how cold must the first row be before the 3 row is comfortable?
3. High seat location. My wifey is so used to being seated high in the avanza. Insisted the same for next family car.
+Quote Post
Oldskolboyz
post Jul 19 2012, 11:59 AM

On my way

Based on my family own this mpv.. Innova, Grand Lavina, Exora & 2003 Wish...

Toyota Wish all the way... If talking about Warranty, it not a pro/con cause we are living in Malaysia and not in US or UK... especially Honda, Proton, excuse are their big joke.....

+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 19 2012, 12:16 PM

kena toto 6/58

of cos wish la, proton....hahaha, dun play play with proton
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jul 19 2012, 12:51 PM

search around maybe can find the wish 1.8 with the supercharger.... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 19 2012, 02:57 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 19 2012, 12:16 PM)
of cos wish la, proton....hahaha, dun play play with proton
ya..later the recond car have problem and u pay hefty price to fix it
thats when u will say dn't play play with toyota
toyota malaysia and toyota from japan is different...part price is totally different
thats why i recommend if buy recon car...even if its toyota...better check properly
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 19 2012, 03:44 PM

kena toto 6/58

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 19 2012, 02:57 PM)
ya..later the recond car have problem and u pay hefty price to fix it
thats when u will say dn't play play with toyota
toyota malaysia and toyota from japan is different...part price is totally different
thats why i recommend if buy recon car...even if its toyota...better check properly
nowdays proton new car lots of problem, especially preve and exora rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 19 2012, 03:47 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 19 2012, 03:44 PM)
nowdays proton new car lots of problem, especially preve and exora  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
preve still in 1st edition..no doubt alot problems
exora in another hand is not bad....few minor problem but solvable in SC for free
recond wish in another hand have to fix it with your own money and its not cheap, price of part is double or triple of exora
i know perfectly cuz i've a friend who know a recond alphard as well

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Jul 19 2012, 03:48 PM
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 19 2012, 03:57 PM

kena toto 6/58

if consider exora then better go for alza
+Quote Post
Oldskolboyz
post Jul 19 2012, 04:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 19 2012, 03:47 PM)
preve still in 1st edition..no doubt alot problems
exora in another hand is not bad....few minor problem but solvable in SC for free
recond wish in another hand have to fix it with your own money and its not cheap, price of part is double or triple of exora
i know perfectly cuz i've a friend who know a recond alphard as well
Bro Alphard & Wish are diff car...not like Proton only chasis are diff but engine same... Mostly recond Toyota Wish don't have a small or big problem & that why UMW stop bring it.. Only 2.0L have gearbox issue cause most this gearbox type & era have problematic same as Honda & Mitsu. Tiptronic gearbox & not the latest CVT gearbox...

This post has been edited by Oldskolboyz: Jul 19 2012, 04:22 PM
+Quote Post
MR_alien
post Jul 19 2012, 04:52 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 19 2012, 03:57 PM)
if consider exora then better go for alza
lol..u must have not research any of the cars
alza is more problematic than exora despite its a rebadge
and somemore perodua doesn't seem to be fixing any of the problems
+Quote Post
redragon
post Jul 19 2012, 04:59 PM

Getting Started

Have the same situation, end up Wish with no regrets!!
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 19 2012, 05:54 PM

kena toto 6/58

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 19 2012, 04:52 PM)
lol..u must have not research any of the cars
alza is more problematic than exora despite its a rebadge
and somemore perodua doesn't seem to be fixing any of the problems
dunno, i got fren using alza n exora, the 1 using exora always got problem, but alza no problem at all, btw, i really think 2nd hand wish still far away better than new exora, really different standard thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 20 2012, 10:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jul 18 2012, 03:53 PM)
I really doubt this  whistling.gif
I really hate proton's products. i keep trust them and always give them chances but everytime they disappointed me until i change my car to toyota..
+Quote Post
adijb
post Jul 20 2012, 12:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 19 2012, 05:54 PM)
dunno, i got fren using alza n exora, the 1 using exora always got problem, but alza no problem at all, btw, i really think 2nd hand wish still far away better than new exora, really different standard thumbup.gif
My experience is the opposite. My friend's alza has problems such as loud sound when breaking and rattling sound when normal driving. My brother in law's exora does not have any problems..

I have fairly good experience buying and driving a proton. Not much difference compared to owning a kancil and an avanza. 4th car will be an EB. God's willing.
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 20 2012, 12:31 PM

kena toto 6/58

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 20 2012, 10:35 AM)
I really hate proton's products. i keep trust them and always give them chances but everytime they disappointed me until i change my car to toyota..
wira is the best among proton product, wira cornering far better than vios, altis, city, civic......

Added on July 20, 2012, 12:38 pm
QUOTE(adijb @ Jul 20 2012, 12:02 PM)
My experience is the opposite. My friend's alza has problems such as loud sound when breaking and rattling sound when normal driving. My brother in law's exora does not have any problems.. 

I have fairly good experience buying and driving a proton. Not much difference compared to owning a kancil and an avanza. 4th car will be an EB. God's willing.
ok, very easy, try google proton exora problem, perodua alza problem and toyota wish problem, i really cant accept "make in malaysia" car nowdays shakehead.gif shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by napoli26: Jul 20 2012, 12:38 PM
+Quote Post
geforce88
post Jul 20 2012, 12:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

buy Exora, tears flowing
+Quote Post
TamaUser
post Jul 20 2012, 12:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(geforce88 @ Jul 20 2012, 12:39 PM)
buy Exora, tears flowing
Buy wish, a moi immediately spread leg to you brows.gif
+Quote Post
captivesim
post Jul 20 2012, 12:43 PM

Thanks for all the post.

Bravo Wish!
+Quote Post
askm3
post Jul 20 2012, 03:15 PM

Getting Started

Tested, Alza, Exora, G.Livina.

Nothing come close to T.Wish in terms of handling, comfort, NVH, power. (not sure with FC yet)

Any major parts, you can get from kedai potong at a very affordable price.

Cons : Mahal skit la smile.gif

Japan made of course!

This post has been edited by askm3: Mar 25 2013, 04:49 PM
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 20 2012, 04:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 20 2012, 12:31 PM)
wira is the best among proton product, wira cornering far better than vios, altis, city, civic......

ok, very easy, try google proton exora problem, perodua alza problem and toyota wish problem, i really cant accept "make in malaysia" car nowdays  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
Wira last time people dont know how to enjoy comfort drive. like until today proton's car is still not really comfort compare to other japanese cars. IF you prefer comfort, then of course the tuning will be different, the car will not stable during cornering. If you want make vios, altis, city, civic for good in cornering, just tune it. anytime better than proton wira. Secondly proton parts wont last long, easy broken, dashboard rattling sound here and there. So far only Proton Savvy got the quality. TUV perhaps.. New model should be inspira (rebadge from Mitsu). Preve = hmmm... Comfort wise, Inspira > Persona > Savvy > other models.
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 20 2012, 04:15 PM

kena toto 6/58

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 20 2012, 04:10 PM)
Wira last time people dont know how to enjoy comfort drive. like until today proton's car is still not really comfort compare to other japanese cars. IF you prefer comfort, then of course the tuning will be different, the car will not stable during cornering. If you want make vios, altis, city, civic for good in cornering, just tune it. anytime better than proton wira. Secondly proton parts wont last long, easy broken, dashboard rattling sound here and there. So far only Proton Savvy got the quality. TUV perhaps.. New model should be inspira (rebadge from Mitsu). Preve = hmmm... Comfort wise, Inspira > Persona > Savvy > other models.
haha bro, after modify of cos different la, if both ori then wira really win over all of them
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 20 2012, 04:18 PM

Getting Started

Soon kedai potong will be no more leh... or only left 10 if im not mistaken. That time parts gonna increase 100%

+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 20 2012, 04:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 20 2012, 04:15 PM)
haha bro, after modify of cos different la, if both ori then wira really win over all of them
ori proton wira stable but not comfort.
ori vios,altis,city,civic comfort than wira plus cornering still ok.
smile.gif
+Quote Post
irmo
post Jul 20 2012, 04:40 PM

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 20 2012, 04:34 PM)
smile.gif
what with this statement do with the topic? smile.gif
+Quote Post
napoli26
post Jul 20 2012, 04:40 PM

kena toto 6/58

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 20 2012, 04:34 PM)
smile.gif
i got wira, vios, and city at my house, of cos wira not comfort at all, but if compare only cornering, haha, sorry la, vios and city, really cant compare
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 20 2012, 09:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(irmo @ Jul 20 2012, 04:40 PM)
what with this statement do with the topic? smile.gif
Because bro napoli use wira as the sample lol..
+Quote Post
zul_3231
post Jul 21 2012, 06:03 AM

Getting Started

Comparing old wira with civic? must be trolling here.IF wira is better than civic why sooooooooo many people dream to drive civic even he now currently drive wira? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
adijb
post Jul 21 2012, 10:55 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(napoli26 @ Jul 20 2012, 12:31 PM)

ok, very easy, try google proton exora problem, perodua alza problem and toyota wish problem, i really cant accept "make in malaysia" car nowdays  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
Have googled many times. Combined with real life experience of family and friends, best choice for me is eb. If old wish is the only option, I'll stick to my current avanza. At least I still have parts warranty. To me warranty is important.
+Quote Post
BabiDoll
post Jul 21 2012, 02:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zul_3231 @ Jul 21 2012, 06:03 AM)
Comparing old wira with civic? must be trolling here.IF wira is better than civic why sooooooooo many people dream to drive civic even he now currently drive wira? tongue.gif
Napoli bro comes with this statement later, "where is the evidence?" i can say many civic drivers wish to have new wira but already discontinued.. Lol
+Quote Post
zul_3231
post Jul 22 2012, 01:00 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 21 2012, 02:52 PM)
Napoli bro comes with this statement later, "where is the evidence?" i can say many civic drivers wish to have new wira but already discontinued.. Lol
proton stop wira production because got warning from honda..later than honda cannot cari makan.. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
macho dog
post Aug 11 2012, 06:27 PM

Enthusiast

I remember 5-7 yrs ago, the wish was the must hv mpv n u see them everywhere u go. But now the new 2009 version wish is seldom seen on the road. hmm.gif

+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Aug 11 2012, 06:39 PM

QUOTE(macho dog @ Aug 11 2012, 06:27 PM)
I remember 5-7 yrs ago, the wish was the must hv mpv n u see them everywhere u go. But now the new 2009 version wish is seldom seen on the road.  hmm.gif
now all upgrade to alphard/estima already .... lol, went to naza , its like half the building filled with those 2 models . sweat.gif
+Quote Post
amad108
post Aug 11 2012, 08:26 PM

noooooo....

so in the end which car TS choose ?
japan car spare part no need to worry, even at spare part shop still can get.. there's a lot of people still using toyota wish here..
proton even with warranty they tend to be irresponsible sometimes, really cant forget about my friend's gen2 experience with subang SC.. haizz.. maybe not lucky one la.. huhu..
+Quote Post
zul_3231
post Aug 11 2012, 08:28 PM

Getting Started

Last 2 month me also same as ts..choosing car wish,civic,eb..end up wish..seriously no regret..I admit u need to fork abit on ur wallet to do full service and checking for the 1st time since it is used car(recon) but then nothig comparable with eb..comfort,nvh..
+Quote Post
macho dog
post Aug 11 2012, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(sonic_cd @ Aug 11 2012, 06:39 PM)
now all upgrade to alphard/estima already .... lol, went to naza , its like half the building filled with those 2 models .  sweat.gif
Yea, alphard, estima n the ultimate vellfire is the new craze. Those monsters r good for weekend drive. For daily drive mpv, i prefer wish.

Any one here that can give a review for the new wish? Any problem wif d new 7 speed cvt tranny ? Where to service n repair since it is grey import? I m considering one for wifey. icon_question.gif

Added on August 11, 2012, 8:40 pm
QUOTE(zul_3231 @ Aug 11 2012, 08:28 PM)
Last 2 month me also same as ts..choosing car wish,civic,eb..end up wish..seriously no regret..I admit u need to fork abit on ur wallet to do full service and checking for the 1st time since it is used car(recon) but then nothig comparable with eb..comfort,nvh..
Did u take the new version wish?

This post has been edited by macho dog: Aug 11 2012, 08:42 PM
+Quote Post
ramen241
post Jan 5 2013, 01:06 AM

Getting Started

Nice topic....im had same confusion which one to choose..
Proton exora..specious and cheaper...but my experience with proton service centre makes me think 100 times... my 1st car wira se( btw stolen few weeks back) had alot of problem and evwrytime go proton they make me wait and end of the day...never fix the problem..proton service realli suxx big time.

Im looking for 2nd hand wish but donno which one to go for...1.6 1.8 or 2.0....which one less problwm?
Need sifus advice.
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jan 5 2013, 07:19 AM

Getting Started

Well, if you have negative view on Proton, just go for other brand. Dont put Proton on your list

I'm a happy Exora Bold Cfe Owner biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
hazremi
post Jan 5 2013, 09:44 AM

1million people saved this avatar bcoz she's too cute!

wish old gen (2003) against exora bold...i'm voting for exora..wish old gen is a 10 years ago car..

at least get the latest gen 2009..then i'm voting for wish (latest gen)
+Quote Post
tiensong
post Jan 5 2013, 10:03 AM

Regular

If i have enough budget, i will go for toyota wish......not enough budget, then exora....

Added on January 5, 2013, 10:04 amnew facelit toyota wish seems like not so cheap....i think around 130k

This post has been edited by tiensong: Jan 5 2013, 10:04 AM
+Quote Post
irwazna
post Jan 6 2013, 12:04 AM

So,who is the winner? Wish I think..
+Quote Post
xeratos_85
post Jan 6 2013, 12:46 AM

Regular

why not exora prime? if u got the budget, just take an exora prime. exora prime is only rm90k. more comfortable tahn exora bold rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jan 6 2013, 03:44 AM

///M
Group Icon
Group: VIP

I would go with the Toyota Wish smile.gif Had enough of shit from Proton
+Quote Post
vicbro_95
post Jan 6 2013, 07:36 AM

QUOTE(xeratos_85 @ Jan 6 2013, 12:46 AM)
why not exora prime? if u got the budget, just take an exora prime. exora prime is only rm90k. more comfortable tahn exora bold  rolleyes.gif
exora bold n exora prime is same car with different accesories only right doh.gif
+Quote Post
xeratos_85
post Jan 6 2013, 08:35 AM

Regular

QUOTE(vicbro_95 @ Jan 6 2013, 07:36 AM)
exora bold n exora prime is same car with different accesories only right  doh.gif
not only accesories, but seat setup is also different which make a comfort level especially for the passenger of these 2 exora different.

user posted image

This post has been edited by xeratos_85: Jan 6 2013, 08:46 AM
+Quote Post
yngwie
post Jan 6 2013, 08:51 AM

| Ðøñ'¯|¯ G|v€ Â ÐðmÑ!

ts,
toyota wish recondition has 2 week engine and gearbox warranty (if the used car dealer is kind enough)
exora has 3 - 5 years or 100k km. Correct me i f i am wrong.
if this is your first car, go for new one. buying recon is risky. unless you can get the full service record / car well taken by previous owner.
or you have decent car maintenance knowledge. anyway, sooner, some aged parts need replacement. reliability and wear & tear parts are 2 different thing.

serving loan while replacing wear & tear parts at the same time or serving loan and free labour for first 3 service.
you choose.

ramen241@
mpv allow you to carry more people at one go. higher engine capacity(na) is always better for this purpose. 1.6 turbo like the pug or soft turbo exora cfe
is an exception.

+Quote Post
qaj1996
post Jan 6 2013, 03:27 PM

my friend just trading in hi exora for a wish
better go for wish

i wish i have a wish.. =)
+Quote Post
kimsim
post Jan 6 2013, 07:14 PM

Regular

loud engine vs quiet engine, do you think wich one to go?

wanna bigger space = exora
wanna ride on sedan = wish.
+Quote Post
coy_il99
post Jan 19 2013, 05:34 PM

Hi all,
Need advice from u all. I have 2 choice:

1) tw 1.8 milege 25k km 2008 aerosport rm117k otr
2) 2.0g d4 engine milege 90k km 2007 rm103k otr

Wit one better ...?
Tq
+Quote Post
ramen241
post Jan 19 2013, 07:17 PM

Getting Started

try google bout d4 engine bro..read sumwhere d4 engine on ron 95will cause problems.
btw..which dealer u went tru? im still browsing
+Quote Post
kadajawi
post Jan 19 2013, 07:28 PM

Getting Started

25k milage? On a 5 year old car? Yeah. Right. Make that 225k...

The name says it all. ReCON. Sure they con you.

A recon is a second hand car. If you are ok with that, and that there can be very high costs coming soon, then go for it if you want to. I'd pick the Exora if I need space. Wish not so appealing to me. If you want a sporty 7 seater, Ford S-Max. Fast, good handling. Unfortunately no second hand ones available it seems.

2011 Pre-Reg Touran 136k. Good car, good safety, new, 5 year warranty. Handles well, engine powerful enough.
+Quote Post
lynforum
post Jan 19 2013, 07:56 PM

Milky Way

Two times is a lot, and.. within how many months? I'd buy a NEW Exora to have a free of mind wink.gif

+Quote Post
TamaUser
post Jan 19 2013, 09:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lynforum @ Jan 19 2013, 07:56 PM)
Two times is a lot, and.. within how many months? I'd buy a NEW Exora to have a free of mind  wink.gif
As I said, those were not the car's problems. You expect your timing belt to run for whole life for you car? You expect those engine mountings/spark plugs to be in mint condition even though you've reached the expected milleage? You expect your gear box to be free of problem without proper maintenance like clearing excessive oil or changing gear box oil?
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jan 19 2013, 10:09 PM

QUOTE(ramen241 @ Jan 19 2013, 07:17 PM)
try google bout d4 engine bro..read sumwhere d4 engine on ron 95will cause problems.
i used to have a wish with used the d4 engine ...when i use 95 , felt that t was kinda like no power ...
+Quote Post
Alvin330000421
post Jan 19 2013, 10:35 PM

Getting Started

Toyota wish for 95k? Doubt is brand new. Must be either recond or second hand.
+Quote Post
ramen241
post Jan 20 2013, 01:08 AM

Getting Started

my worry buying a proton car is their customer service..i had number of bad experience with them...went tru 6 of their service centre and all the same...this was4 years back...hows their cusomter support now? any feedback ?
+Quote Post
lynforum
post Jan 20 2013, 02:32 AM

Milky Way

QUOTE(TamaUser @ Jan 19 2013, 09:19 PM)
As I said, those were not the car's problems. You expect your timing belt to run for whole life for you car? You expect those engine mountings/spark plugs to be in mint condition even though you've reached the expected milleage? You expect your gear box to be free of problem without proper maintenance like clearing excessive oil or changing gear box oil?
Not the car problem then is the owner problem? shocking.gif

Whatever it is, why my Exora never breakdown in the middle of the road? shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
dtna7
post Jan 20 2013, 06:18 AM

Casual

QUOTE(lynforum @ Jan 19 2013, 07:56 PM)
Two times is a lot, and.. within how many months? I'd buy a NEW Exora to have a free of mind  wink.gif
Those two issues he mentioned are just due to regular maintenance needed. Will your new exora issue free for 30k km without servicing? doh.gif

QUOTE(Alvin330000421 @ Jan 19 2013, 10:35 PM)
Toyota wish for 95k? Doubt is brand new. Must be either recond or second hand.
I thought Wish is recond only in Msia? blink.gif

QUOTE(lynforum @ Jan 20 2013, 02:32 AM)
Not the car problem then is the owner problem?  shocking.gif

Whatever it is, why my Exora never breakdown in the middle of the road?  shakehead.gif
Refer to my first reply to you sweat.gif
+Quote Post
dtna7
post Jan 20 2013, 06:20 AM

Casual

P.S: All in all, Wish is another league higher compared to Exora. The only reason why TS compared them is due to cost. As one is new but the other is used quite some years.

That's the thing with used car, if you are know about cars and takes good care of them, you get a used "better car" for the same price of a new car. blush.gif
+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Jan 20 2013, 11:45 AM

Casual

toyota wish got 6 seat version?
+Quote Post
lynforum
post Jan 20 2013, 03:15 PM

Milky Way

QUOTE(dtna7 @ Jan 20 2013, 06:18 AM)
Those two issues he mentioned are just due to regular maintenance needed. Will your new exora issue free for 30k km without servicing? doh.gif
New car must follow service schedule otherwise void warranty. Of cause if compare New vs New the Wish is miles better cheers.gif
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jan 20 2013, 03:34 PM

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Jan 20 2013, 11:45 AM)
depends on which version yopu get .. the 2nd row is either 2 individual seats or the standard bench seats

+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Jan 20 2013, 06:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(sonic_cd @ Jan 20 2013, 03:34 PM)
depends on which version yopu get .. the 2nd row is either 2 individual seats or the standard bench seats
i m looking for 2nd row 2 individual seat version,but never see before in malaysia.
+Quote Post
sonic_cd
post Jan 20 2013, 08:59 PM

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Jan 20 2013, 06:45 PM)
i m looking for 2nd row 2 individual seat version,but never see before in malaysia.
there is , just that ts not very popular model ...
+Quote Post
coy_il99
post Jan 21 2013, 10:35 PM

QUOTE(ramen241 @ Jan 19 2013, 07:17 PM)
Yup bro, d4 have some problem as i read other forum.fan wish club also not suggest the d4 engine. Better go for 1.8 vvti engine or if have a budjet go for tw 09 1.8 valvematic. Last day test drive tw 1.8 and exora bold turbo. Both car have a own personality and ngam with their price...please try test drive first and u will know..... rclxms.gif

+Quote Post
ramen241
post Jan 21 2013, 11:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(coy_il99 @ Jan 21 2013, 10:35 PM)
Yup bro, d4 have some problem as i read other forum.fan wish club also not suggest the d4 engine. Better go for 1.8 vvti engine or if have a budjet go for tw 09 1.8 valvematic. Last day test drive tw 1.8 and exora bold turbo. Both car have a own personality and ngam with their price...please try test drive first and u will know..... rclxms.gif
exora...im exclusing that from my list for now..that wud be my last resort la if change in my budget.
+Quote Post
aizo
post Sep 28 2013, 05:22 PM

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Jan 20 2013, 12:45 PM)
TW 2.0 2009 come with 6 seater
+Quote Post
aizo
post Sep 28 2013, 05:30 PM

QUOTE(coy_il99 @ Jan 19 2013, 06:34 PM)
Hi all,
Need advice from u all. I have 2 choice:

1)  tw 1.8 milege 25k km  2008 aerosport rm117k otr
2) 2.0g d4 engine milege 90k km 2007 rm103k otr

Wit one better ...?
Tq
tw 1.8
+Quote Post
HyundaiGetz
post Jan 4 2014, 04:40 AM

Getting Started

wanna ask which type toyota wish is the best to buy? 1st typre and 2nd? and 1.8 or 2.0? please give more detail.. wanna buy wish too... thanks
+Quote Post
amdxp
post Jan 4 2014, 07:48 AM

1.8 version. The 2.0 version D4 engine which is not quite suitable here. wink.gif
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jan 4 2014, 11:02 AM

noooooo....

QUOTE(amdxp @ Jan 4 2014, 07:48 AM)
1.8 version.  The 2.0 version D4 engine which is not quite suitable here. wink.gif
erk, why ya? i thought D4 2.0 engine a lot better in any way compare 1.8 engine..
not suitable in term of what? mostly i see they come (D4 engine) with 7 speed gbx, is it bcoz of that?
+Quote Post
amdxp
post Jan 4 2014, 05:09 PM

Direct injection, which has diff ignition timing & required min RON 97 fuel. Else the engine will be somewhat compromised & damaged in long run.

This is diff from direct injection engines by other German cars where a few ignition timing maps had been developed & preloaded into the ECU. So those conti direct injection cars can take minimum RON 95 fuel.
+Quote Post
HyundaiGetz
post Jan 5 2014, 02:52 AM

Getting Started

hmm 1.8 better? how about save fuel? 1st or 2nd type wish better?old tw or new tw better?
+Quote Post
nightzstar
post Feb 3 2014, 01:39 PM

Life's Good

QUOTE(coy_il99 @ Jan 21 2013, 10:35 PM)
which model of wish using d4 engine?
+Quote Post
iconR
post Feb 3 2014, 05:52 PM

Wish 3rd row leg room smaller than Exora. But build quality and performance Wish hands down
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Feb 3 2014, 06:01 PM

King of Char Siew!

95k for old second hand car...forget it...Exora is good except the Campro engine....so if you need space...get exora...if you still want a wish..i suggest you save up more money and get a new one...or get something cheaper and new like the livina..
+Quote Post
Bigboyz
post Feb 8 2014, 10:16 AM

Try driving both in a long distance highway. Do you mind driving at around 160-170 and still struggling to trail behind the exora bold? Of coz the bold has bigger space too.
+Quote Post
6UE5T
post Feb 8 2014, 10:59 AM

QUOTE(amdxp @ Jan 4 2014, 05:09 PM)
Direct injection, which has diff ignition timing & required min RON 97 fuel.  Else the engine will be somewhat compromised & damaged in long run.

This is diff from direct injection engines by other German cars where a few ignition timing maps had been developed & preloaded into the ECU. So those conti direct injection cars can take minimum RON 95 fuel.
Hmm not sure about the Wish GDi but I'm also using a Toyota GDi engine (Mark X) and filling up with only RON95 for almost 2 yrs now, no problem whatsoever. Many in our club also did the same for many2 years already and so far so good too.

+Quote Post
6UE5T
post Feb 8 2014, 11:00 AM

QUOTE(Matrix @ Feb 3 2014, 06:01 PM)
95k for old second hand car...forget it...Exora is good except the Campro engine....so if you need space...get exora...if you still want a wish..i suggest you save up more money and get a new one...or get something cheaper and new like the livina..
Agree, better just buy a Livina, coz Wish is just too overpriced, just like Honda Stream.
+Quote Post
forter
post Feb 8 2014, 11:51 AM

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Feb 8 2014, 11:00 AM)
Agree, better just buy a Livina, coz Wish is just too overpriced, just like Honda Stream.
For wish previous generation...yes better buy livina but for latest wish to me it is a good buy....got Stability control and 8 airbags...this is what we call premium features...and dont forget the valvematic engine which is ahead tecnology than livina engine....
+Quote Post
jasonloke
post Feb 10 2014, 04:12 PM

Getting Started

hi all, currentyly i own a wish 2008 facelift which is last manufactured in 2009 1.8cc, so far i drove for 6month has no problem at all, somemore i tuned my ecu up to 15% hp and even more save fuel with 195/65/R15 tyre while crusing on highway
no regret own this, can say less cost maintainence, easy take care
and not look like mpv.
i suggest TS can go for nfl 1.8cc 08year or 1.8cc 09year
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1626sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:58 AM