Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V16, Now with online submission

views

Gilthoniel
post Jul 13 2012, 02:41 PM

the Doctor is IN!
1,718 posts

QUOTE(jolmy @ Jul 12 2012, 11:40 PM)
Glad that I am sticking to UniFi 5Mbps for RM149/month even when Maxis' RM118/month for 10Mbps (now RM138) looks tempting ...

But I do hope TM will consider reducing the monthly subscription fees in the near future, and that should be applicable to all existing subscribers.
Hi, why do you say that you are glad about sticking with Unifi and not maxis? Seems like massive savings for the maxis one although I'm not sure if when promo ends, whether current subscribers have to pay full price?

I myself thinking of switching over since it's cheaper and faster than my Unifi 5mbps.

Hope you can enlighten me on the potential pitfalls of subscribing to maxis

Otherwise, my Unifi 5 is working like a charm at the moment. Only problem is I occasionally need to reset my router otherwise some new devices can't connect to it. I wonder why
Gilthoniel
post Jul 13 2012, 03:40 PM

the Doctor is IN!
1,718 posts

The only thing stopping me is the penalty, and also the fact that maxis doesn't have their own network of fibre optics right? Is all provided by TM right?

Just thinking that things will start to slow down once more and more people sign up
Gilthoniel
post Jul 13 2012, 06:44 PM

the Doctor is IN!
1,718 posts

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jul 13 2012, 03:43 PM)
massive saving on maxis 10Mbps never give you internet stability at price of rm138 per mth. their thompson router sucks bad time. what more your phone connects to that freaking router. why? unstable wifi, hanging, overheating, public wifi. some users log in without you knowing which u had no control. because u agree to maxis terms. temporary workaround disable thomspson wifi. connect AP to that device.

a real frustrating experience honestly. you can change router but lose your voip & phone. for this you can get your facts from maxsi ftth thread. not even asus has certified router yet that can work with maxis.

the default dir-615 just better than their thompson. if u want quality ones can opt tplink, asus or etc which certified working for unifi. just change it your prob solved.

what i see maxis fiber has the potiential. if only certified maxis fiber replacment router with voip are available. then everyone will of course terminate their unifi vip for rm500 & jump bandwagon. at moment is not possible.
Thanks for the heads up. I knew it was too good to be true...

So you mean there's no way to secure your maxis router at home? Anyone can join your network?
Gilthoniel
post Jul 16 2012, 12:20 AM

the Doctor is IN!
1,718 posts

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:40 AM)
of cause if maxis were give u good routers. it's impossible for them charge u rm138 per mth. too good to be true anyhow.

securing your router is not issue. no one can join your network, but ppl who subscribe to maxis public wifi. THEY CAN JOIN. because the router was design in a way maxis can do their thingy there.  there is a security hole where the router manufacturer does customized for maxis biz interest.

Added on July 15, 2012, 12:47 amand because they offer you prices too good to be true. they are making back the cost from public wifi. where your thomson wifi resource are shared to general public...
Sounds bad.

I'm sure ppl who sign up for maxis fibre won't know abt this

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0347sec    0.37    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 PM