Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PROTON SAGA BLM, FL, FLX CLUB V25, Drive Saga Like a Boss!

views

vampirewong
post Jul 16 2012, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Guys,

I went for test drive Saga 1.6 FLX SE last weekend and I'm quite surprised that the engine sound is quite loud during acceleration at half throttle and full throttle and this is penetrating into the car cabin. I test driven 2 test drive car at Jln Sg. Besi and Jln Ampang respectively and both engine sound is roaring loud during acceleration. Is this normal and why is it like that? Does 1.3 engine also like that?

Are there any ways to reduce or minimize the engine sound? According to the salesman, there is no sound proofing at the firewall. The car is good in terms of performance and features for a 50k priced car except the engine sound is really potong steam.

Comments?

vampirewong
post Jul 16 2012, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Thanks for your comments guys.

I'm testing the acceleration on flat road for a short distance like <500m. Test drive ma. Going uphill on the other hand of cuz have to accelerate more and that's when the engine begins from purring to roaring. RPM that time is around 4k. During test drive the radio is not turned on. Is it true that Saga 1.6 FLX SE firewall has no insulation?

The test drive car is new, odo < 400km. Braking feel like tak makan or spongy. Brakes for new car is like that?

vampirewong
post Jul 17 2012, 03:02 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Jul 16 2012, 08:13 PM)
yes, the firewall has no insulation.

braking feel spongy? You're gradually tap on the paddle or stomping the pedal when braking?
No tapping or stomping the brake pedal. Just normal applying brakes, I felt like stepping on a hard sponge. Maybe I got used to metal king titanium pads feel...

vampirewong
post Jul 17 2012, 08:07 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Anyone bought your BLM from Regensi Motor Klang, Tmn Berkeley? How was their service?

Any comments?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0436sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:56 PM