Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LG LM Series 3D Led TV, Passive 3D TV

views

writesimply
post Aug 9 2012, 12:51 AM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(Poadster @ Aug 8 2012, 12:28 AM)
3D TV uses the same "two images" concept, delivers them left/right (aka Side by Side) or up/down (aka Over Under), to each eye... and the brain does the rest.... 3D images are produces....
I think you mean "3D Channel" and not "3D TV". All 3D TV in the last two years accept SBS, OU and FS formats and output as 3D.

3D DLP projectors uses the Checkerboard format, while LED TV uses SBS, OU and pack sequential frames...
With regards to LED TVs, see above. Checkerboard format is a method of delivering 3D content, just like SBS, OU and FS. It is not a popular method now due to the extra bandwidth we have. But 3D DLP projectors don't use the checkerboard method to project the images. Just like active 3D TVs, 3D DLP projectors project them frame sequentially.

sequential frame is the only true Full HD format (used in bluray players and bluray discs) while the other formats are usually half the screen's true resolution (as the screen is split with two images)....

Correct. SBS is the preferred method over OU.

fuad
writesimply
post Jan 22 2013, 10:49 PM

Enthusiast
850 posts

QUOTE(polutions100 @ Jan 21 2013, 04:41 PM)
any of u know where to get the lg 3D clip glassess

Check on E-Bay. It doesn't have to be LG brand either. You just need to know that the glasses/clip-ons are CIRCULAR POLARIZED glasses. Common term sellers use to describe it is "REAL-D compatible".

QUOTE(Liquid Snake @ Jan 22 2013, 01:53 PM)
That only applies for HDMI cables. HDMI inputs all tv are the same. As far as i know smile.gif

Not true. To do 3D, the port has to be version 1.3a and up (first gen PS3 has the 1.3a port). Since CEs began selling them to the mass market, 3D TVs are 1.4.

QUOTE(unifiwish @ Jan 22 2013, 11:51 AM)
hi, would like to know how to check whether the TV HDMI is version 1.3 or 1.4 ?

See above. As far as cables are concerned, as long as the HDMI cable can deliver the audio and 3D video, it's good enough. It doesn't have to cost RM50 or more.

fuad
writesimply
post Apr 10 2013, 01:25 AM

Enthusiast
850 posts

I don't know if this has been said here before or even by me. Here's where circular polarized 3D like the LG series comes in handy.

Cineleisure at The Curve uses a 3D system from MasterImage. I don't know if they allow you to take home the glasses but they should since you've already used it and they don't have the proper recycling ability.

The renovated TGV cinemas like Sunway and 1 Utama uses X-Mirror tech. No idea where this tech came from but TGV lets you bring home the glasses.

In both systems, the glasses are circular polarized. This means that you can reuse these glasses with the LG passive 3D TVs. And if you go to TGV, there's a used bin full of these glasses. You can take 10 and they won't care.

fuad

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0334sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:22 PM