Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Legoland Malaysia, Theme Park

views

TSadijb
post Jul 5 2012, 01:57 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
98 posts

Hello everyone,

Just sharing about the coming Legoland Malaysia that will open soon, expected on 15th of Sep, 2012. Location is in Nusajaya, Johor Bahru.

General link: http://www.legoland.com.my/

Annual pass link: http://www.legoland.com.my/Tickets/Online-Annual-Pass/

Direction link: http://www.legoland.com.my/Plan/Directions/

Disclaimer: I am not a Legoland employee. Simply sharing info on development nearby.
alvinchan81
post Jul 5 2012, 01:59 PM

47 posts

lego set sold in the theme park will it be cheaper?

TSadijb
post Jul 5 2012, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Was informed that it is generally cheaper AND much more variety, but cannot guarantee that it will be cheaper. There is a retail mall that everyone has to walk thru before reaching Legoland itself. This mall is where you can buy all things lego.

Their website seems to have some problem right now. Very slow...

Added on July 5, 2012, 2:32 pmLink to the shopping in legoland: http://www.legoland.com.my/Explore/Shops/

This post has been edited by adijb: Jul 5 2012, 02:32 PM
Shazzac
post Jul 5 2012, 02:38 PM

Casual
427 posts

QUOTE(adijb @ Jul 5 2012, 02:22 PM)
Was informed that it is generally cheaper AND much more variety, but cannot guarantee that it will be cheaper. There is a retail mall that everyone has to walk thru before reaching Legoland itself. This mall is where you can buy all things lego.

Their website seems to have some problem right now. Very slow...

Added on July 5, 2012, 2:32 pmLink to the shopping in legoland: http://www.legoland.com.my/Explore/Shops/
Yea, it's the same as Disney as well. They have a 'retail shop' in all their theme parks selling disney's products. I'm not sure if all or most of it are seasonal. They never ever sell the same thing all year round.
TSadijb
post Jul 5 2012, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

I have never been to Disney before. Thus, am excited with the opening of Legoland Malaysia. Have bought the annual pass eTicket for my whole family early this year.

The annual pass redemption period will be from 21 Aug until end of Sep. So for those who purchased the eTickets from AirAsia's website, you can print out the eTickets and get the actual annual pass during the redemption period.
deodorant
post Jul 5 2012, 03:57 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

^
park hasn't opened also already so daring buy annual pass? what if it sucks?
rEDs
post Jul 5 2012, 04:27 PM

җ- Z e B r a H e a D -җ
2,209 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Jul 5 2012, 10:57 AM)
^
park hasn't opened also already so daring buy annual pass? what if it sucks?
It is called freedom of choice. "What if" is a very big negativity if use for travelling/adventure term. It makes you stuck going nowhere.

TSadijb
post Jul 5 2012, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Legoland Malaysia is similar to other Legolands in the world. If Legoland of the world sucks, they would be out of business. Same goes for Legoland Malaysia. If they sucks, they would also be out of business within 1 to 2 years time, if not earlier. If they go out of business or just surviving, and not thriving, Legoland's reputation would be tarnished. Would they want this to happen? Would they not have done proper feasibility study, identify all the critical success factors and taking into account all the risks?

I believe they have. I also believe they also have a good track record and knows what it takes to make a successful theme park.

With this, I took a calculated risk in purchasing the annual pass for my whole family of six. Cost me almost RM1,200 (adult at RM198 each) for a one time offer of > 15 months (mid sep 2012 until dec 2013) of unlimited access.

BTW, they have increase the annual pass a few months ago. Based on the current pricing, my tickets are now worth slightly more than RM1400 (adult at RM245 each). More than RM200 increase. And even that is with RM30 discount. Actual is RM275 each adult.

You wanna wait, that is your choice. Just don't complain of missed opportunity in getting it cheaper.
deodorant
post Jul 5 2012, 04:44 PM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(rEDs @ Jul 5 2012, 04:27 PM)
It is called freedom of choice. "What if" is a very big negativity if use for travelling/adventure term. It makes you stuck going nowhere.

Or, a person could go to a theme park once and see whether he/she likes it enough to commit to the annual pass. I fail to understand what you're trying to say with this "stuck going nowhere" nonsense.
kookaaq
post Jul 5 2012, 04:45 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(adijb @ Jul 5 2012, 04:35 PM)
Legoland Malaysia is similar to other Legolands in the world. If Legoland of the world sucks, they would be out of business. Same goes for Legoland Malaysia. If they sucks, they would also be out of business within 1 to 2 years time, if not earlier. If they go out of business or just surviving, and not thriving, Legoland's reputation would be tarnished. Would they want this to happen? Would they not have done proper feasibility study, identify all the critical success factors and taking into account all the risks?

I believe they have. I also believe they also have a good track record and knows what it takes to make a successful theme park.

With this, I took a calculated risk in purchasing the annual pass for my whole family of six. Cost me almost RM1,200 (adult at RM198 each) for a one time offer of > 15 months (mid sep 2012 until dec 2013) of unlimited access.

BTW, they have increase the annual pass a few months ago. Based on the current pricing, my tickets are now worth slightly more than RM1400 (adult at RM245 each). More than RM200 increase. And even that is with RM30 discount. Actual is RM275 each adult.

You wanna wait, that is your choice. Just don't complain of missed opportunity in getting it cheaper.
I have to agree. There are 5 legoland in the world, 2 in europe, 2 in USA and 1 in UK. The 6th (being the 1st in Asia) sucks?? Is it because Legoland is not as famous as Universal Studio or Disneyland that makes you think it might sucks? This is a multimillion dollar investment and the angmoh will not simply come here and invest anything out of nothing.
rEDs
post Jul 5 2012, 04:50 PM

җ- Z e B r a H e a D -җ
2,209 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Jul 5 2012, 11:44 AM)
Or, a person could go to a theme park once and see whether he/she likes it enough to commit to the annual pass. I fail to understand what you're trying to say with this "stuck going nowhere" nonsense.
example i have money, i want to go europe, then i ask question what if it sucks? i will not go then. may be i go somewhere else cheaper.perhaps the hilmalaya. then i ask question what if it sucks? i will not go then.may be i go somewhere else cheaper.perhaps inside malaysia only on regional north penang.then i ask question what if it sucks? i will not go then. perhaps i just do saving only little bit..(dream faded)

i seen this kind of people a lot already on my lifestyle society. end up having big family or huge living commitment so have to let go all their travel/adventure dreams. too late to afford the luxurious moment. my point is, if want to go, just go..no need think " what if it sucks?"

maybe your society is different from mine.

This post has been edited by rEDs: Jul 5 2012, 04:52 PM
deodorant
post Jul 5 2012, 04:53 PM

5,691 posts

QUOTE(rEDs @ Jul 5 2012, 04:50 PM)
example i have money, i want to go europe, then i ask question what if it sucks? i will not go then.

Wrong analogy. Using your example, you haven't gone to Europe before. Instead of arranging ONE trip, you up front arrange and pay for 4 trips. What if you go first trip then find out it's not your cup of tea? The remaining 3 trips still have to go even though you don't enjoy. That is what I'm saying.
Max_07s
post Jul 5 2012, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

it is in malaysia, so the probability for people to come again is high though especially during school holiday. same like we go to genting for several times for a year. i might say it is a bargain for a family.

legoland in UK is good. different style compare to disney and universal studio.
TSadijb
post Jul 5 2012, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

I see it differently.

If someone tries traveling and found that traveling itself is not his cup of tea, he will most probably not travel much. I have a few aunties like this.

If someone likes traveling, where ever he goes to, the experience is usually in the range of fair to fantastic. Only if the destination is bad due to things such as high crime, etc, will it fall into the sucks category. But, if it falls into the sucks category, then no one wants to travel there in the first place.

I like traveling, but overseas trip is expansive for a family of 6. But say there is a promotion where the traveling cost is significantly cheap for 4x traveling to Europe, I will jump to it man, even if I have never been there. I trust the many stories of good to fantastic experiences felt by trusted parties who had been there.

Same goes for theme parks. My kids love theme parks. They have never been to Legoland Theme Park before. But from the promo video and reading all the rides and attractions, it is not a huge difference from any other theme parks in the types of ride and attraction.

Thus, buying the annual pass now at a cheaper cost is a no brainer for my family. Waiting to try it out first, where there is a high possibility that Legoland Malaysia at that period in time does not sell their annual pass anymore, is in itself a risk that I am not willing to take. This is what I was informed. They have a quota for the annual pass. Once the quota is reached, they will not sell it anymore.

Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, which is fine. icon_rolleyes.gif
rayfoo
post Jul 5 2012, 07:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

come on legoland in our own backyard, u dont need to go all the way overseas spend airplane ticket etc...jom let's go man smile.gif

This post has been edited by rayfoo: Jul 5 2012, 07:05 PM
samlee860407
post Jul 5 2012, 07:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,625 posts

QUOTE(adijb @ Jul 5 2012, 06:06 PM)
I see it differently.

If someone tries traveling and found that traveling itself is not his cup of tea, he will most probably not travel much. I have a few aunties like this.

If someone likes traveling, where ever he goes to, the experience is usually in the range of fair to fantastic. Only if the destination is bad due to things such as high crime, etc, will it fall into the sucks category. But, if it falls into the sucks category, then no one wants to travel there in the first place.

I like traveling, but overseas trip is expansive for a family of 6. But say there is a promotion where the traveling cost is significantly cheap for 4x traveling to Europe, I will jump to it man, even if I have never been there. I trust the many stories of good to fantastic experiences felt by trusted parties who had been there.

Same goes for theme parks. My kids love theme parks. They have never been to Legoland Theme Park before. But from the promo video and reading all the rides and attractions, it is not a huge difference from any other theme parks in the types of ride and attraction.

Thus, buying the annual pass now at a cheaper cost is a no brainer for my family. Waiting to try it out first, where there is a high possibility that Legoland Malaysia at that period in time does not sell their annual pass anymore, is in itself a risk that I am not willing to take. This is what I was informed. They have a quota for the annual pass. Once the quota is reached, they will not sell it anymore.

Everyone has their own opinions and preferences, which is fine.  icon_rolleyes.gif
travelling got different type

someone who loved to relax and chill, won't be happy if they visit big cities like taiwan, japan, HK. it doesn't mean travelling is not his cup of tea

someone who loved to shop shop and eat great little streets food, won't be happy if they visit islands that mainly activity is snorkelling, diving or relax

someone who loved to go those tourist place, or walk alot to see some great scenery or some historical place, again, won't be enjoy if they were to visit places like HK

again, it doesnt means that travelling is not his cup of tea and not travel much

of coz there are people that like to go different places each time

however, my post is too OT liao biggrin.gif
TSadijb
post Jul 6 2012, 09:46 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Besides Legoland Malaysia opening in Sep 2012, there is also an Indoor Theme Park opening in Puteri Harbour, about 5 minutes drive from Legoland.

Themed Attractions And Resorts Sdn Bhd (TAR), A Wholly-owned Subsidiary Of Khazanah Nasional Berhad, Yesterday, 7 November 2009 Entered Into A Strategic Alliance With 5 Partners To Create The First Family Indoor Theme Park Featuring World-renowned And Popular Children’s Characters.

Once completed, the 60,000 sq. ft. indoor facility located in Nusajaya, one of the 5 flagship zones in Iskandar Malaysia, will comprise – The Little Big Club that is designed around HIT Entertainment's popular characters namely Thomas & Friends™, Bob the Builder™, Angelina Ballerina™; Barney & Friends™ and Pingu™; Sanrio Hello Kitty Attraction showcasing Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters by Sanrio; and a themed family restaurant of popular local cartoonist, Lat. The indoor theme park is located in a complex that also offers a 300-room facility under the Traders brand by Shangri-la Hotels and Resorts and approximately 100,000 sq. ft. of retail space.
http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/news/09...84%A2-thomas-fr

Some other link:
http://super325.com/2012/01/09/iskandar-ma...ry12-12-photos/

Previously, friends coming over to JB when asked about where to go, I find it hard to recommend somewhere exiting sweat.gif

Now, at last, I can recommend Johor Premium Outlets, Legoland and Indoor Theme Park in Q4 of this year.

rayfoo
post Jul 6 2012, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

wow this is news for me Indoor Theme Park..great!

QUOTE(adijb @ Jul 6 2012, 09:46 AM)
Besides Legoland Malaysia opening in Sep 2012, there is also an Indoor Theme Park opening in Puteri Harbour, about 5 minutes drive from Legoland.
http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/news/09...84%A2-thomas-fr

Some other link:
http://super325.com/2012/01/09/iskandar-ma...ry12-12-photos/

Previously, friends coming over to JB when asked about where to go, I find it hard to recommend somewhere exiting  sweat.gif

Now, at last, I can recommend Johor Premium Outlets, Legoland and Indoor Theme Park in Q4 of this year.
yvonnesoo
post Jul 6 2012, 10:59 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

from wat i heard Johor Premium Outlets is ntg to shout about compare to those outlets in HK n etc.. haven't visit there so no comment yet haha
TSadijb
post Jul 6 2012, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(rayfoo @ Jul 6 2012, 10:08 AM)
wow this is news for me Indoor Theme Park..great!
This Indoor Theme Park is complementing Legoland by targeting small children while Legoland targets bigger kids and teens, besides the parents too biggrin.gif

Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) target are shoppers. JPO's critical success factor is, they must be better (cheaper) than Singapore. Maybe not necessarily all, but most of the items there should.

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:35 PM