Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apple Store Malaysia Thread V2, V2 > Share the joy of waiting here

views

soonwai
post Apr 10 2021, 02:00 PM

8,365 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Apr 10 2021, 12:44 PM)
Not sure if this meaning of store is the same meaning of a physical store but hey, it looks like we have some hope now!

Apple may open a physical outlet in MY soon
Wow, that'll be nice. Really hope it happens.

So far, I'm quite happy with Apple Online Store.
Mac mini M1 CTO - Jan 13 - Jan 19 (from Shenzhen)
MacBook Air M1 CTO - 30 Mar - Apr 6 (from Chengdu)

This post has been edited by soonwai: Apr 10 2021, 05:54 PM
spideysam
post Apr 10 2021, 05:51 PM

Enthusiast
937 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Apr 10 2021, 02:00 PM)
Wow, that'll be nice. Really hope it happens.

So far, I'm quite happy with Apple Online Store.
Mac mini M1 CTO - Jan 13 - Jan 19 (from Shenzhen)
MacBook Air M1 CTO - 30 Mar - Apr 6 (frome Chengdu)
Hmmm my MacBook Pro ship from Shanghai
kyle46
post Jun 10 2021, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

So I ordered MacBook Air M1 from apple store Malaysia. Courier service is DHL and after I did the tracking, seems it is stuck at Subang Airport. So I called DHL to know how long it will usually take for clearance and the customer services said that I need to apply for import license/sirim for the clearance. Huh? Why on earth I have to do that? I bought it from official apple store Malaysia and I was not aware that I have to do this on my own. If I didn’t call to check with DHL, I would never know.

Is this true? Anyone experienced this before?
miyakochan89
post Jun 10 2021, 07:58 PM

<3
4,052 posts

QUOTE(kyle46 @ Jun 10 2021, 06:10 PM)
So I ordered MacBook Air M1 from apple store Malaysia. Courier service is DHL and after I did the tracking, seems it is stuck at Subang Airport. So I called DHL to know how long it will usually take for clearance and the customer services said that I need to apply for import license/sirim for the clearance. Huh? Why on earth I have to do that? I bought it from official apple store Malaysia and I was not aware that I have to do this on my own. If I didn’t call to check with DHL, I would never know.

Better call Apple and check and see.
Usually for DHL, they can do it for you, but they always charge crazy fees.
vez
post Jun 10 2021, 08:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,806 posts

did you heard wrongly sweat.gif Apple Store Malaysia all are SIRIM certified products, is it they told you need to wait for custom clearance, just wait 1-2 more days perhaps
kyle46
post Jun 10 2021, 09:38 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jun 10 2021, 07:58 PM)
Better call Apple and check and see.
Usually for DHL, they can do it for you, but they always charge crazy fees.
So meaning I still have to pay extra on top of what I’ve already paid for MBA? Sounds ridiculous
vez
post Jun 10 2021, 10:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,806 posts

QUOTE(kyle46 @ Jun 10 2021, 09:38 PM)
So meaning I still have to pay extra on top of what I’ve already paid for MBA? Sounds ridiculous
nope, any fees already paid by Apple Malaysia smile.gif you better dont pay a single cent to DHL them, call Apple Hotline just like other forumers mentioned here if you still have doubts
rickyro
post Jun 11 2021, 02:09 AM

On my way
677 posts

Apple will do it for you...you just sit back and relax... My one had the same issue too...
Susuwatari
post Jun 11 2021, 12:44 PM

Regular
1,066 posts

Sit tight and wait.
AhBoy~~
post Jun 11 2021, 06:15 PM

Regular
1,065 posts

been there, done that, not need to pay a separate tax or authority approval. Checkout price is final price I paid.
neekun
post Jun 12 2021, 01:23 PM

I'm a Mac
1,934 posts

This should be settle by apple. Just give their customer service a call.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th June 2021 - 01:54 AM