Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

~~~*** GUINEA PIGS CORNER V9 ***~~~, The Wheekangers Unite!

views

Chubbyagel
post Jun 22 2012, 09:47 AM

3 posts

Hihi...I am the fourth if not mistaken?Congratulation for the version 9...smile.gif Welcome all new and old members here:)
Chubbyagel
post Jun 23 2012, 10:17 PM

3 posts

smile.gif my gps eat Hay and pellet most of them time and I feed them mountain of vege once a day only...I consider lucky cos when they are young sick with mites but after medication they are good and ok except occasionally choked .but after a while they are just fine...I alos bought those Tesco, Giant discounted vege for them...cant afford to buy all fresh cos my piggies are choosy sometimes feed then they dun touch at all and I cant take it back and cook for myself to eat ma. (gelinya)...I will choose carefully for the discounted vege lor.Soon will need to hunt for more discounted vege lo. smile.gif
Chubbyagel
post Jun 24 2012, 08:00 PM

3 posts

Yahiko...if i were them I also jump high high le....so nice of your cage.Do u guys think small dog cage good for the gps?Lately the weather was so hot even their urine also dun wet the cage...it dries up completely...no mushroom now..
Chubbyagel
post Jun 24 2012, 09:37 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Jaroque @ Jun 24 2012, 08:36 PM)
well if you prefer dog cage..then its okay de. Easier to clean =) just wash the tray lolsz
smile.gif how is your visit to the farm today?
Chubbyagel
post Jun 25 2012, 10:11 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Jaroque @ Jun 25 2012, 04:54 PM)
meaning urs became alpaca? @.@"? Well so far, his fur getting longer unntill covering his feet lah...texel kot? haha
Hahaha u dun even know which breed ar....anyway say Hi to Midnight he is handsome... brows.gif worth it lo cos outside texel cost a bomb le...thanks for the photos too...smile.gif
Chubbyagel
post Jun 26 2012, 09:42 AM

3 posts

Morning All,
Jaroque, wanna ask hor how does it feel on Texel fur? rough or soft and fluffy?Well, i am using baby shampoo for my guinea pigs...shining fur i think with enough vitamin c and good pellets should be able to do the wonders.

Last time my piggies fur very shining one...I mixed hay for them timothy with (alamak forgot the grass name) and during that time their fur very nice...but they dun really fancy tat grass one...I saw an article they put different hay on the hay rack and let the gps eat...give them variaties they love it...

Added on June 26, 2012, 9:47 amWhat type of bedding most the members use here?

This post has been edited by Chubbyagel: Jun 26 2012, 09:47 AM
Chubbyagel
post Jun 26 2012, 11:47 AM

3 posts

Texel soft fur...hmm...teddy also soft fur huh?Aiyah starting to get confuse lo...i am a little confuse with the long furs gps...cos just too many breeds on them. I also like coronet but i know their furs can be super long one...haiz...
Chubbyagel
post Jun 27 2012, 11:51 AM

3 posts

Wow midnight cage really nice...and spacious. smile.gif pink colour fleece somemore Hahaha...Ooohh...i like stunny really cute with the eyes!!I guess member here once have one gps will continue collect(buy or adopt) more and more gps. Hahaha...

My gps last night so funny...I tot skip one day of vege for them as just put pellet for them only.mana tau both jump up and down and was wheek the whole room all their sound...like master master feed us pls...in a loud way~~ beh tahan end up feed them veges.bising gila ar...after they eat the vitamin c I crush it for them both are now more active and wheek also louder now. LOL....thank GOD for that.
Chubbyagel
post Jun 30 2012, 11:22 PM

3 posts

Dr Jenny from Hand n Paw not really sure is she still working there or not...the last time I make appointment with her on weekend and then she said u come on Sat but when I am there she is not there and she actually move to another place and all the way from Wangsa Maju brought my piggies to see her and this happen. End up brought them to Dr Yeoh again no appointment and he went to Penang so met up with a young vet not bad he also give vit c to my gps...now they are fine already.

My gps mite was cured by Dr Jenny really grateful to her but I heard that she is not feeling well so anything need to make appointment with her she got a few vets to run so difficult to meet up with her....I think u try on Dr jenny first if cant get her then Dr Yeoh. Pls go to vet faster as eye infection can caused serious illness...gp pig even they are in pain their cutie face still tat cute..no expression of pain in their cute face...so pls dun drag any longer the longer u drag the more suffer and painful they are...
Chubbyagel
post Jul 2 2012, 10:24 PM

3 posts

Hi guys, glad that Dr Jenny is back to Hand and Paws...the other time I went to see her cos it was emergency that is why cant email her accordingly.during that time my gps got choked and make funny sound i was panic that is why lo....once a while my gp still choked herself dunno why....eating too fast I guess...notti notti gal...

Added on July 2, 2012, 10:28 pmAbt the mite thing....Dr jenny told me some of the owner just change their wood shaving bedding to paper based then no more mites after tat...well, i followed her advise 2 yrs ago and my gps are free of mites until now...:)If got mites just try vinegar or medicine for cats...but need vet help lo...then clean not only the cage itself but also the whole area...smile.gif i did that quite a bit of times when my gps are young...really susah to get rid of mites...so need to careful when got black dots cos the gps dun like to be touch cos painful ma...the mites will bite them each time u touch their furs....pity our babies....

This post has been edited by Chubbyagel: Jul 2 2012, 10:28 PM
Chubbyagel
post Jul 3 2012, 10:20 PM

3 posts

I am using paper based bedding...white in colour and it anti bateria and can absorb smell and urine quite nice...my gp takes like it like water bed why i said so is they will pee....and sleep on top of it...and u can see their face like enjoying....me nearly want to pengsan...bathed them and they did tat....haiz....
Chubbyagel
post Jul 3 2012, 10:34 PM

3 posts

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

hi guys finally I can show u guys how my gps look like....black and brown and white is bugsy and white with brown is bubble.(human unfriendly)

This post has been edited by Chubbyagel: Jul 3 2012, 10:35 PM
Chubbyagel
post Jul 4 2012, 10:53 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Adamiquesce @ Jul 4 2012, 02:12 AM)
comelnyaaaaa
bulat2 haha

so u are using the regular cage only.
Yes, regular big cage....well, bulat bulat cos their fur kembang after bath aje... biggrin.gif

Jaroque, I read an acrticle saying that wood bedding will caused breathing problem if putting long term and if the wood is not process properly it might came it with mites too...that is why some got mites...My gps not pee and poo on one spot...they are everywhere. So that is why I just need to spread it all over...sometimes they sleep on the layering some time purposely choose a wet spot to sleep...haiz....need to bath then again soon...got black poo spot all other them. vmad.gif

Added on July 4, 2012, 10:54 am
QUOTE(kiezwan @ Jul 3 2012, 10:10 PM)
can we use the yellow cream for their wound?
Pls do not use anything not made for gps...it might kill them even faster...pls ask your vet abt it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Chubbyagel: Jul 4 2012, 10:54 AM
Chubbyagel
post Jul 4 2012, 01:17 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(GP mad man @ Jul 4 2012, 11:58 AM)
wow sounds great, i think after finish my stock wood shaving then change wood pellet tongue.gif

i will use those expandable type since my cage near to balcony and wind will blow in

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Hahaha with the pink ears right? rclxms.gif notti la u..it is their kabob holder la...suppose it hang up there...but lama lama it came down.... rolleyes.gif
Chubbyagel
post Jul 4 2012, 03:41 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(GP mad man @ Jul 4 2012, 01:41 PM)
but still... 3 of them very cute  biggrin.gif
hahaha Thank you. blush.gif
Chubbyagel
post Jul 5 2012, 09:50 AM

3 posts

Woody pellet....sorry i keep thinking of wood shaving...LOL...blurnya I. Can someone pls show me how the woody pellet look like and how much issit? I just bought my paper based bedding 3 packs cost RM94...that one I think can last for 3 months lo....I clean my cage every week....lazy owner...
Chubbyagel
post Jul 5 2012, 11:56 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(TobbyChan @ Jul 5 2012, 10:41 AM)
Here you go..
http://www.woodypet.com/horse.html

It is actually for horses.  tongue.gif
but many people use it for small animal too because it is made from 100% Biodegradable Sterile Wood Fiber
But I only use it in the toilet area ya. not the whole cage. My other area covered with fleece smile.gif

I buy mine at PLC, one small bag is rm18. one whole BIG packet is...not sure this evening after work will go buy them oxbow so will check around.
woody pet pellet is the 2nd type smile.gif
I never try wood pellet that expend before but I did try paper bedding. they do expend and control the smell.
Tobby, i think you did intro this before but when I went to the pet shop...i cant find it...hehehe...I also go to PLC in SS2 Mall...Will take note of that as well...Thanks alot for the link.
Chubbyagel
post Jul 5 2012, 12:49 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(TobbyChan @ Jul 5 2012, 12:14 PM)
haha, I always go PLC Ikano one. near my house. Normally they always have stock. I want to buy the big package but no place to store and its quite heavy =.=
Oh...bring some macho men with you so that they can help u out as well...

Added on July 5, 2012, 12:55 pm
QUOTE(GP mad man @ Jul 5 2012, 12:19 PM)
haha, thx for the clarification notworthy.gif
wow, will try her after this
Oh...I will need to wait until I finished my 3 packs of paper based bedding then only can change it is going to be a long time....how much bedding u guys put ( asking for those using full bedding for their cage)? I wanted to put full cage but it too costly for me.my piggy now got one side layering with the blue board and one side with only bedding and i realize they like to sleep on bedding instead of the board.. they love soft spot...Thinking of make crochet beds for them...but their cage will be cramp so maybe will put the pillow on the blank area...so they can sleep there...pity my piggy cos dun have toy to play with they just poking each other and fight for a spot to sleep...even plenty space but both likes one spot...pity Bubble kena patuk all the time....Bugsy is more aggresive likes to patuk Bubble and ask her give way....So always kena patuk Bubble will come to complain to me see... see...I kena again...then when I touch her she jump like crazy dun want me to touch her...merajuk la tu...

This post has been edited by Chubbyagel: Jul 5 2012, 12:55 PM
Chubbyagel
post Jul 5 2012, 03:36 PM

3 posts

Confirmed Pee and even Poo lo....they love soft bed for them to sleep...sometimes also depend on the gp itself...some just like to sleep with output...i saw some gps curl up and enjoy snuggle...so cute.
Chubbyagel
post Jul 5 2012, 05:31 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(TobbyChan @ Jul 5 2012, 04:54 PM)
I sew myself smile.gif
Wow so impressive le...i dun have sewing machine or else will make one for them...made one before handsew and within 3 days all before 3 parts...What do you stuff in the cuddle cup? Cotton from pillow?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0305sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:33 PM