Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JPA Fresh Graduate

views

mikhael
post Jul 13 2012, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Here's my situation:

I have report my degree completion to JPA via website and applied for a job via SPA website.

Actually I've been to this interview and they want to offer me a job but as I was bonded to JPA, they asked for a release letter. That is impossible to produce unless after..a year of unemployment from goverment?

However, I've checked that this company has a MoU with JPA that it could recruit JPA scholars under the STAR TalentCorp program.

So, is it possible for me to ask an early release from JPA to the said company without waiting another 3 months to get a reply for a job by the goverment?
mikhael
post Jul 14 2012, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(-steer- @ Jul 14 2012, 04:59 PM)
Nope it is NOT possible to get a release letter before the 3 months waiting period. But I would say go for that job first, don't worry about jpa calling u back cuz it is unlikely in 3 months' time
Company dowan to give offer letter until i produce the release matter mehh. Only thing I could do is appeal to skip the 3months waiting period and straight away enrol into STAR TalentCorp program where the company can legally hire me and i serve my bond there.
mikhael
post Jul 15 2012, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 15 2012, 08:45 AM)
look for another company and don't mention JPA.. or tell the current one JPA don't usually call back scholars to work.. track record of callback is low. unless you are in dentistry/medicine, or are of majority race..
I got few other offers but offer from this company is what I'm reli looking for. I'm just hoping that somehow JPA would let me into the talentcorp programme right away. Anyone know who's the contact person in JPA to discuss about this stuff? I was told to speak to Ms. Haziani, but accidently lost the piece of paper where I wrote her direct number. @____@

Probably tomorrow is the day my fate will be decided @____@
mikhael
post Jul 16 2012, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(Kaylee20 @ Jul 16 2012, 06:43 PM)
anyone can help in "how to apply the job under SPA"? as i need it to lapor diri.

government website makes me really confused. >.<
U need this link or what?
http://putra3.spa.gov.my/online/BORANGSPA8I
mikhael
post Jul 17 2012, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(calebtan @ Jul 17 2012, 02:43 PM)
What is the JPA website to report degree completion?
The previous link is just for SPA job application website, right?
Here here http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/
Hey SPA gotta apply for 5 positions k.
I applied for one ony before, then Status got marked as Incomplete after they check.
So, always login and check your status. Can just call Ms. Amalia i guess if got anything unclear how to get it done correctly
mikhael
post Jul 21 2012, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:59 PM)
yea, crossing my fingers too.. they didnt state clearly mandatory to fill in how many positions. Since the system went smooth, so i filled in one jobs only..  smile.gif
I did so too.. Until I checked the Status and it says Incomplete. Clicked the Show Reason link, it says cos not applying for at least 5 positions in government agency. So, yea, reapplied for 5 positions. Until today still haven't update my status yet to complete or incomplete. Pfffttt
mikhael
post Jul 23 2012, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:04 AM)
i logged in mine just now.. the status at the top of the borang is 'bersih & didaftarkan".. does it mean that it's fine though i have only submitted one job application??
I'll be damned. How come mine got marked as Incomplete and when I clicked Show Reasons it says I dint apply for atleast 5 positions in govt agencies. And till now they still haven't updated my status yet.

This website right? http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/
mikhael
post Jul 23 2012, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 23 2012, 12:07 PM)
Yep, it is that website. That website is a bit crazy because I kept inserting my job application file but for some reasons, it disappears the next day when I checked it. And is it me or does some of the information in 'lapor diri' disappears even after filling it repeatedly ?!  unsure.gif
Yea same here. For me, it's the document uploaded went missing. Few times aldy. Not to mention the profile and other stuffs, even if u update it, it reverts to un-updated one.

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:30 PM)
I called pn amalia just now.. she said apply for 5 positions is the requirements for jpa lapor diri.. even spa website system went smooth, but it doesn't account for lapor diri process if apply for only one job. BTW i didn't lapor diri thru sistem pemantauan.. most of my friends lapor diri by sending them the 4 docs needed by post..

But i really wonder, what kind of jobs can a chemical engineering graduate apply besides chemical engineer??  mechanical, electric,  civil??sad.gif

Added on July 23, 2012, 4:35 pm

Sorry, another doubt in mind.. for the second time u reapplied, how they count your registration date?? they use the first or the second time of ur application?? thx thx..
thanks for the clarification. So it's really five, good. I dunno, just apply for all engineering field, mech, electric, electronic,chemical, civil i guess?
So u send by post is it. guess u need to apply for 4 more positions?

they count my registration date as the first time I applied, regardless its incomplete or not.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:45 AM