36 posts

QUOTE(gahpadu @ Jul 14 2012, 05:17 PM)
if not mistaken , first class JPA scholar will offered as PTD
what is PTD?
lomlom
post Jun 12 2014, 08:56 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 19 2012, 11:52 PM)
the official JPA answer would be no, you cannot start working in the 3 months. But practically, and in practice, people just start working, until they have no choice but to leave and take up whatever that the bond demands of them. but i think the employer should be made aware of the possibility of leaving because of JPA bond service.

lapor diri can be in person, done online completely, or done by post (which I did). not sure, do contact the person in charge as stated in your emails to verify your lapor diri. good luck!
May I know what email is it? I didnt receive any email from JPA since long time ago.
lomlom
post Jun 15 2014, 03:16 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(khuanoz @ Dec 10 2013, 03:30 AM)
Hi I'm currently in my final year and am weighing my options. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could come forward to share your own (or others that you know of) experience with getting called/not getting called to serve their bond either through SPA, TalentCorp, TAPS or GEMS.

My CGPA is relatively low below 3.4 and I am a Chinese from Sarawak if that helps. What would the probability be for me to be called? Would it be wise to apply straight for a job or should I wait 3 or 12 months?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you very much for your time
Hi, are you working with SPA now?
Any info that you obtain?
Thank you
lomlom
post Jun 15 2014, 03:34 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:49 AM)
For IPTA, most of my biomedical friends not offered job by JPA after they graduated because no vacancy. Hence they free from the bond after one year.

Well, I'm not sure is it applicable to IPTS as well since the tuition fees are more expensive than IPTA. However, if you going private after grad, talentcorp is there to bond you if you working under one of the participating company.
How should I know what company is under STAR?
How about biotech graduates?
Does JPA offer them job?
lomlom
post Jun 15 2014, 03:41 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(Little Birdie @ Mar 6 2014, 10:51 PM)
Talk to the JPA folks, they're pretty forthcoming. Requesting bond deferral shouldn't be too difficult. They might even consider sponsoring your Master's degree abroad, I'm sure something could be worked out. A friend of mine got JPA to continue sponsoring him for PhD right after his MEng.
May I know the requirement to continue master under JPA?
I called them and they said the CGPA has to be 3.8, which is very high.
Is there any alternative?

My degree is biotechnology.

Do you know which JPA officer is in charge of PIDM scholars?
I couldnt get contact with them now
Will I receive any email or letter from them after my stated date of finishing degree?
lomlom
post Jun 15 2014, 03:43 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(Omgf @ Mar 7 2014, 10:58 PM)
Your seniors waited for two years without a proper job?
Or having a secure job while waiting for the JPA job placement?
Im in dilemma either start to find a job in private sector first while waiting for jpa placement or need to wait for jpa.....
Coz impossible for me to be jobless for half a year to a year right, if wait for JPA placement?
Any suggestion?
me too, I am considering finding a job now.
But the thing is if I really get call from JPA then I have to stop the job.

I think I have to tell the company about JPA bonding and they may not hire me due to this.
I have to sign contract with the company right?
di lemma whether to apply job too, please let me know if you have any info about this.
Thanks biggrin.gif
lomlom
post Jun 15 2014, 03:47 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(Omgf @ May 6 2014, 09:17 AM)
Guys, I wish to ask about lapor diri.
Is it I have to wait for my final result then only I can proceed to lapor diri step?
Or I can lapor diri right now after my final exam?
Because the gap for the result to be released is approximately 1 month after my exam.
I havent receive my final result yet and I have already lapor diri, I think it should be ok.
In the website u can choose ' not receiving final result' yet.
Thats why I think it is ok
What is your degree?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0367sec    0.04    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:54 AM