Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> JPA Fresh Graduate

weiren
post Jun 18 2012, 01:55 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hi, I was a government sponsored student and had just graduated from oversea university. I have applied for SPA and filled in the Lapor Diri form. My questions are:

1) When will I be getting replies from the government?
2) Can we work in private companies while waiting for the replies?

Also, can anyone provide some tips/guides for a fresh graduate with no working experience?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mariochuah
post Jun 18 2012, 02:03 PM

Getting Started

Haha... JPA scholar here... In the end, nothing offer from spa..
U need to pass the exam n physical assestment like other candidates. No priority or job placing for JPA scholar
+Quote Post
cloverfield
post Jun 18 2012, 02:09 PM

Getting Started

Filling the forms are just formality. Keep looking for opportunities elsewhere, or else you'll be disappointed.
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Jun 18 2012, 02:17 PM

Raymond
Group: Senior Member

Lapor diri is a MUST, or else u r considered as breaking your bond with JPA IF u do not lapor diri.

well, most governments jobs need to sit for a test no matter what positions u r applying for? what kind of tests are they?

Plus, I tot JPA scholars are given priority for granting a job compared to others? What I really know is that JPA scholars are allowed to choose positions they wish to apply, regardless of your fields, and if so unfortunate, u will be simply placed to whatever fields that might not your field or which u might not like.
+Quote Post
mariochuah
post Jun 18 2012, 03:22 PM

Getting Started

Yes... Exams n physical assestment.. U need to run 4km in 20min.. If not mistaken..

No priority given as stated in spa website.

+Quote Post
cunt
post Jun 18 2012, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weiren @ Jun 18 2012, 01:55 PM)
Hi, I was a government sponsored student and had just graduated from oversea university. I have applied for SPA and filled in the Lapor Diri form. My questions are:

Also, can anyone provide some tips/guides for a fresh graduate with no working experience?
1)

You got the wait for a year the most from JPA/SPA/TalentCorp according to the rules, and during such period, you cant work in the Private Sector if there is a employment contract signed between you and the employer.

In reality, most of the Scholars I know of just could not care less about this ruling, some never returned, some straight worked in private sector in Malaysia and JPA is known for being pretty lenient about its scholars unless you studied medicine or pharmacy. Else, you are pretty much "free" from the bond of cousre, getting a black and white letter after one year from JPA is better.

And Also, under our beloved Ah Jib Gor Gor ambitious plan (talentcorp initiative) , as long as you work in Malaysia (be a private or public), it seems perfectly fine with JPA or the Government.

Please bear in mind for a Degree Holder, working in public sector already can get 3k ringgit (including allowances) as a start, whether this will lead Malaysia to bankruptcy is another issue. Only a handful of private companies in Malaysia offer 3k and above for fresh grad ( except GLCs). It all boil downs on what you want for your life actually.

+Quote Post
-steer-
post Jun 20 2012, 04:34 PM

If I choose to breach the contract, I have to pay rm160k to the government... Can I pay in installments instead of one lump sum?
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 11 2012, 03:32 PM

Hi guys, I am a US JPA Scholar just came back. Called to go to "Program Student Assessment Center (SAC) Dan Re-Oerientasi Bagi Graduan USA" next week (July 16-18). It's a camp, lodging provided

Any idea what is going on there? Just Exam, Physical Assessment, Talks?

Hopefully nothing too scary o.O

Also, does this mean they are going to assign me to jobs?

Thanks in advance.
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Jul 11 2012, 03:40 PM

Raymond

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 11 2012, 03:32 PM)
Hi guys, I am a US JPA Scholar just came back. Called to go to "Program Student Assessment Center (SAC) Dan Re-Oerientasi Bagi Graduan USA" next week (July 16-18). It's a camp, lodging provided

Any idea what is going on there? Just Exam, Physical Assessment, Talks?

Hopefully nothing too scary o.O

Also, does this mean they are going to assign me to jobs?

Thanks in advance.
obviously, those calling for the camp might get a higher priority in getting into gov jobs aka serve the bond.

fyi, my friends from local university, also JPA scholars, are called for this camp few days ago. while those calling for the camp are all first class holder, non-first class are not called to attend the camp, it just makes us wonder JPA may only recruit or prioritize first class fresh grads to work with them? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 11 2012, 03:43 PM

QUOTE(OMG! @ Jul 11 2012, 03:40 PM)
obviously, those calling for the camp might get a higher priority in getting into gov jobs aka serve the bond.

fyi, my friends from local university, also JPA scholars, are called for this camp few days ago. while those calling for the camp are all first class holder, non-first class are not called to attend the camp, it just makes us wonder  JPA may only recruit or prioritize first class fresh grads to work with them? hmm.gif
ic. thanks for the info.
+Quote Post
Kaylee20
post Jul 12 2012, 01:42 PM

i am also a jpa scholar which just completed my course, i haven't lapor diri yet as i saw they stated we need to prove we at least apply for 3 jobs in spa. but honestly, i have no idea where's the jobs i can be applied and are suit to me as a marketing students.

+Quote Post
pandikar
post Jul 13 2012, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

So there's a camp now.

Back then, it's only a session. Submit copies of degree, transcripts etc, and voila, you're done! Go back to your hometown and start a new life. But that's a few years back's story. Things have changed. It's no secret that a lot of JPA scholars are accepted into government service recently.

Don't worry too much about the camp, jonnyl. Enjoy it, as JPA won't torture fresh graduates, let alone its own scholars.
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 13 2012, 09:19 PM

Getting Started

Here's my situation:

I have report my degree completion to JPA via website and applied for a job via SPA website.

Actually I've been to this interview and they want to offer me a job but as I was bonded to JPA, they asked for a release letter. That is impossible to produce unless after..a year of unemployment from goverment?

However, I've checked that this company has a MoU with JPA that it could recruit JPA scholars under the STAR TalentCorp program.

So, is it possible for me to ask an early release from JPA to the said company without waiting another 3 months to get a reply for a job by the goverment?
+Quote Post
-steer-
post Jul 14 2012, 04:59 PM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 13 2012, 09:19 PM)
Here's my situation:

I have report my degree completion to JPA via website and applied for a job via SPA website.

Actually I've been to this interview and they want to offer me a job but as I was bonded to JPA, they asked for a release letter. That is impossible to produce unless after..a year of unemployment from goverment?

However, I've checked that this company has a MoU with JPA that it could recruit JPA scholars under the STAR TalentCorp program.

So, is it possible for me to ask an early release from JPA to the said company without waiting another 3 months to get a reply for a job by the goverment?
Nope it is NOT possible to get a release letter before the 3 months waiting period. But I would say go for that job first, don't worry about jpa calling u back cuz it is unlikely in 3 months' time
+Quote Post
gahpadu
post Jul 14 2012, 05:17 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(OMG! @ Jul 11 2012, 03:40 PM)

fyi, my friends from local university, also JPA scholars, are called for this camp few days ago. while those calling for the camp are all first class holder, non-first class are not called to attend the camp, it just makes us wonder  JPA may only recruit or prioritize first class fresh grads to work with them? hmm.gif
if not mistaken , first class JPA scholar will offered as PTD
+Quote Post
rabloo
post Jul 14 2012, 06:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(weiren @ Jun 18 2012, 01:55 PM)

I was a JPA scholar too. I would suggest that you apply to other companies before waiting for SPA to get back to you. They may take months.
After I graduated, I did the same thing as you, Applied to SPA and Lapor Diri. Luckily already have a job offer overseas, so worked there. 2 years on.. SPA haven't call me
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 14 2012, 08:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(-steer- @ Jul 14 2012, 04:59 PM)
Nope it is NOT possible to get a release letter before the 3 months waiting period. But I would say go for that job first, don't worry about jpa calling u back cuz it is unlikely in 3 months' time
Company dowan to give offer letter until i produce the release matter mehh. Only thing I could do is appeal to skip the 3months waiting period and straight away enrol into STAR TalentCorp program where the company can legally hire me and i serve my bond there.
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 15 2012, 08:45 AM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 14 2012, 08:16 PM)
Company dowan to give offer letter until i produce the release matter mehh. Only thing I could do is appeal to skip the 3months waiting period and straight away enrol into STAR TalentCorp program where the company can legally hire me and i serve my bond there.
look for another company and don't mention JPA.. or tell the current one JPA don't usually call back scholars to work.. track record of callback is low. unless you are in dentistry/medicine, or are of majority race..
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Jul 15 2012, 10:01 AM

Raymond

QUOTE(gahpadu @ Jul 14 2012, 05:17 PM)
if not mistaken , first class JPA scholar will offered as PTD
that is not completely true, as they still have to apply for this post through SPA and go through the 3 stages of assessment, and it is real tough if u refer to the ' PTD ' thread.

+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 15 2012, 11:23 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 15 2012, 08:45 AM)
look for another company and don't mention JPA.. or tell the current one JPA don't usually call back scholars to work.. track record of callback is low. unless you are in dentistry/medicine, or are of majority race..
I got few other offers but offer from this company is what I'm reli looking for. I'm just hoping that somehow JPA would let me into the talentcorp programme right away. Anyone know who's the contact person in JPA to discuss about this stuff? I was told to speak to Ms. Haziani, but accidently lost the piece of paper where I wrote her direct number. @____@

Probably tomorrow is the day my fate will be decided @____@
+Quote Post
deepan84
post Jul 15 2012, 07:42 PM

White Rider

QUOTE(OMG! @ Jul 15 2012, 10:01 AM)
that is not completely true, as they still have to apply for this post through SPA and go through the 3 stages of assessment, and it is real tough if u refer to the ' PTD ' thread.
previously, ull get to be a ptd but kontrak JPA. u still need to pass all assessment and interview. if not, after two years ull be terminated or transfered to another skim.
+Quote Post
krizalid88
post Jul 15 2012, 10:15 PM

Ta Lang Ta Lang Ta Lang kepala bapak kau

JPA sponsored here.. graduated from diploma study more than 3 years but still ain't got any calling from SPA.. keep applying SPA since last 3 years but still no 1 "sangkut" calling for interview
+Quote Post
Kaylee20
post Jul 16 2012, 06:43 PM

anyone can help in "how to apply the job under SPA"? as i need it to lapor diri.

government website makes me really confused. >.<
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 16 2012, 11:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kaylee20 @ Jul 16 2012, 06:43 PM)
anyone can help in "how to apply the job under SPA"? as i need it to lapor diri.

government website makes me really confused. >.<
U need this link or what?
http://putra3.spa.gov.my/online/BORANGSPA8I
+Quote Post
Kaylee20
post Jul 17 2012, 12:05 PM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 16 2012, 11:42 PM)
i think i am done with it. thanks. =)
+Quote Post
calebtan
post Jul 17 2012, 02:43 PM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 13 2012, 09:19 PM)
Here's my situation:

What is the JPA website to report degree completion?
The previous link is just for SPA job application website, right?
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 17 2012, 05:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(calebtan @ Jul 17 2012, 02:43 PM)
What is the JPA website to report degree completion?
The previous link is just for SPA job application website, right?
Here here http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/
Hey SPA gotta apply for 5 positions k.
I applied for one ony before, then Status got marked as Incomplete after they check.
So, always login and check your status. Can just call Ms. Amalia i guess if got anything unclear how to get it done correctly
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 19 2012, 04:12 PM

Just a question - is it a must to apply jobs through SPA? Can we apply through jobsmalaysia only?
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 19 2012, 05:35 PM

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 19 2012, 04:12 PM)
Just a question - is it a must to apply jobs through SPA? Can we apply through jobsmalaysia only?
SPA is an option. The other option is to apply to be a teacher (Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pelajaran). Or Kerajaan Negeri, or Kerajaan Tempatan. Or as Polis or Tentera.

Source: JPA SAC Camp which I just attended.

Added on July 19, 2012, 5:39 pmMore info from the camp:

If you performed well academically, you may be called to the TAPS Programme (http://www.talentcorp.com.my/malaysians-abroad/taps/). Cannot say no to TAPS or else pay ganti rugi in lump sum. 3 months from lapor diri, if you failed to get any government posting, you will be directed to STAR Programme with Talentcorp, where you are given opportunities to serve out bond in the private sector. Hence, it is important to know your lapor diri date, so that you can check on things when 3 months is up.

If after 12 months from lapor diri date you still cannot get a job in STAR Programme, you can ask for bond release letter from JPA. Then you are officially free from the JPA bond from the rest of your life. I recommend this unless you want surprises in the future..

Failure to lapor diri now will result in "Notis Kebankrapan" by Jabatan Peguam Negara. This will affect your guarantors. Please, just lapor diri first no matter what you do.

If wanna study more after graduate, have to go through JPA first for approval, which isn't guaranteed. Can contact JPA for required documents.

Looks like JPA Scholarship is no more a bond-free scholarship. Must come back to Malaysia and serve bond.

This post has been edited by jonnyl: Jul 19 2012, 05:47 PM
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Jul 19 2012, 08:04 PM

Raymond

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 17 2012, 05:25 PM)
Here here http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/
Hey SPA gotta apply for 5 positions k.
I applied for one ony before, then Status got marked as Incomplete after they check.
So, always login and check your status. Can just call Ms. Amalia i guess if got anything unclear how to get it done correctly
is this the link for us to lapor diri? Because I heard that we need to fill up a lapor diri form and send it to them?
+Quote Post
weiren
post Jul 19 2012, 11:26 PM

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 19 2012, 05:35 PM)
SPA is an option. The other option is to apply to be a teacher (Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pelajaran). Or Kerajaan Negeri, or Kerajaan Tempatan. Or as Polis or Tentera.

If you performed well academically, you may be called to the TAPS Programme (http://www.talentcorp.com.my/malaysians-abroad/taps/). Cannot say no to TAPS or else pay ganti rugi in lump sum. 3 months from lapor diri, if you failed to get any government posting, you will be directed to STAR Programme with Talentcorp, where you are given opportunities to serve out bond in the private sector. Hence, it is important to know your lapor diri date, so that you can check on things when 3 months is up.

If after 12 months from lapor diri date you still cannot get a job in STAR Programme, you can ask for bond release letter from JPA. Then you are officially free from the JPA bond from the rest of your life. I recommend this unless you want surprises in the future..

Failure to lapor diri now will result in "Notis Kebankrapan" by Jabatan Peguam Negara. This will affect your guarantors. Please, just lapor diri first no matter what you do.

If wanna study more after graduate, have to go through JPA first for approval, which isn't guaranteed. Can contact JPA for required documents.

Looks like JPA Scholarship is no more a bond-free scholarship. Must come back to Malaysia and serve bond.
jonnyl, based on what you have stated, can we actually apply or accept jobs from any private companies within the 3 months? Also, do we have to lapor diri at Putra Jaya? Most of my friends and I did that online last month, but till now the semakan status lapor diri is still showing a - sign. I guess it has not been updated by JPA. In the meantime, FYI most of us graduated from Canada universities are searching for jobs and few of us has even started working with contracts. shocking.gif
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 19 2012, 11:52 PM

QUOTE(weiren @ Jul 19 2012, 11:26 PM)
jonnyl, based on what you have stated, can we actually apply or accept jobs from any private companies within the 3 months? Also, do we have to lapor diri at Putra Jaya? Most of my friends and I did that online last month, but till now the semakan status lapor diri is still showing a - sign. I guess it has not been updated by JPA. In the meantime, FYI most of us graduated from Canada universities are searching for jobs and few of us has even started working with contracts.  shocking.gif
the official JPA answer would be no, you cannot start working in the 3 months. But practically, and in practice, people just start working, until they have no choice but to leave and take up whatever that the bond demands of them. but i think the employer should be made aware of the possibility of leaving because of JPA bond service.

lapor diri can be in person, done online completely, or done by post (which I did). not sure, do contact the person in charge as stated in your emails to verify your lapor diri. good luck!
+Quote Post
weiren
post Jul 20 2012, 01:09 AM

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 19 2012, 11:52 PM)
the official JPA answer would be no, you cannot start working in the 3 months. But practically, and in practice, people just start working, until they have no choice but to leave and take up whatever that the bond demands of them. but i think the employer should be made aware of the possibility of leaving because of JPA bond service.

lapor diri can be in person, done online completely, or done by post (which I did). not sure, do contact the person in charge as stated in your emails to verify your lapor diri. good luck!
Thanks for your reply. So I think you're right that employer should be made aware of this before we sign any contracts. And I might as well call up JPA to reconfirm my lapor diri status. It's still better to get clarification personally from them.
+Quote Post
midget33
post Jul 20 2012, 01:27 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kaylee20 @ Jul 12 2012, 01:42 PM)
i am also a jpa scholar which just completed my course, i haven't lapor diri yet as i saw they stated we need to prove we at least apply for 3 jobs in spa. but honestly, i have no idea where's the jobs i can be applied and are suit to me as a marketing students.
jpa scholar here too.. can i know where you saw the statement that we have to apply for at least 3 jobs at spa?? i applied one only since the application system went pretty smooth.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Jul 20 2012, 02:45 AM

On my way

Guys, does working for government linked companies such as UEM, Petronas, Proton can be considered as serving the JPA bond? Thanks
+Quote Post
deepan84
post Jul 20 2012, 08:59 AM

White Rider

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

based on this, i foresee this TAPS programe replacing PTD's job in d future. no objections if their work rate and intelligence is top notch though.
+Quote Post
iastate
post Jul 20 2012, 09:06 AM

On my way

I was really surprised to see some of the replies here. The government spent so much money to sponsor these students and yet didn't give them priority when it comes to job offer...
+Quote Post
asuwini
post Jul 20 2012, 09:44 AM

hi..juz wanna enquire... how do we lapor diri?
im still doing my internship and will be completing it on the 27th this month.. my convocation is on the 1st of october 2012..
can i work for private companies after my internship??
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 20 2012, 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Dry Pillow @ Jul 20 2012, 02:45 AM)
Guys, does working for government linked companies such as UEM, Petronas, Proton can be considered as serving the JPA bond? Thanks
only if you are officially in the Talentcorp STAR Programme, and if these companies are in the STAR Programme too. Otherwise you syok sendiri only haha

Added on July 20, 2012, 9:58 am
QUOTE(asuwini @ Jul 20 2012, 09:44 AM)
hi..juz wanna enquire... how do we lapor diri?
im still doing my internship and will be completing it on the 27th this month.. my convocation is on the 1st of october 2012..
can i work for private companies after my internship??
you should have received notice from your pegawai on how to lapor diri, if not please contact them. please read some of my previous posts for answer to 2nd question.

Added on July 20, 2012, 10:00 am
QUOTE(iastate @ Jul 20 2012, 09:06 AM)
I was really surprised to see some of the replies here. The government spent so much money to sponsor these students and yet didn't give them priority when it comes to job offer...
there are just too many JPA Scholars sponsored every year, how to hire all? With Talentcorp, now you can work in the private sector to service your bond.

This post has been edited by jonnyl: Jul 20 2012, 10:00 AM
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 20 2012, 03:02 PM

There is 15 jawatan in the SPA website for us to fill in shakehead.gif So what happens if I don't get my first job choice ? They'll go from the first job order I have filled in all the way until 15? I don't think I have 15 ideal jobs that I would like to work in SPA sad.gif
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Jul 20 2012, 04:26 PM

On my way

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 20 2012, 09:56 AM)
only if you are officially in the Talentcorp STAR Programme, and if these companies are in the STAR Programme too. Otherwise you syok sendiri only haha
Thanks for the answer.

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 20 2012, 03:02 PM)
There is 15 jawatan in the SPA website for us to fill in  shakehead.gif So what happens if I don't get my first job choice ? They'll go from the first job order I have filled in all the way until 15? I don't think I have 15 ideal jobs that I would like to work in SPA  sad.gif
I only filled up 3 jobs and left the rest 12 empty
+Quote Post
asuwini
post Jul 20 2012, 04:31 PM

you should have received notice from your pegawai on how to lapor diri, if not please contact them. please read some of my previous posts for answer to 2nd question.

Added on July 20, 2012, 10:00 am

THANK YOU
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 20 2012, 04:55 PM

There is 15 jawatan in the SPA website for us to fill in  shakehead.gif So what happens if I don't get my first job choice ? They'll go from the first job order I have filled in all the way until 15? I don't think I have 15 ideal jobs that I would like to work in SPA  sad.gif
eh, only need to apply for 5 la?
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 20 2012, 05:11 PM

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 20 2012, 04:55 PM)
eh, only need to apply for 5 la?
It's this one right? http://putra1.spa.gov.my/online/BORANGSPA8I
+Quote Post
-steer-
post Jul 20 2012, 10:38 PM

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 20 2012, 01:27 AM)
jpa scholar here too.. can i know where you saw the statement that we have to apply for at least 3 jobs at spa?? i applied  one only since the application system went pretty smooth..  smile.gif
Me too, just applied for 1 position. Crossing my fingers to not be called bk.
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 20 2012, 10:40 PM

QUOTE(-steer- @ Jul 20 2012, 10:38 PM)
You applied through which website? Can give me the link here , please? smile.gif
+Quote Post
midget33
post Jul 20 2012, 10:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(-steer- @ Jul 20 2012, 10:38 PM)
yea, crossing my fingers too.. they didnt state clearly mandatory to fill in how many positions. Since the system went smooth, so i filled in one jobs only.. smile.gif
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 21 2012, 12:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 20 2012, 10:59 PM)
yea, crossing my fingers too.. they didnt state clearly mandatory to fill in how many positions. Since the system went smooth, so i filled in one jobs only..  smile.gif
I did so too.. Until I checked the Status and it says Incomplete. Clicked the Show Reason link, it says cos not applying for at least 5 positions in government agency. So, yea, reapplied for 5 positions. Until today still haven't update my status yet to complete or incomplete. Pfffttt
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Jul 21 2012, 07:53 AM

Raymond

guys,

is it a must for us to lapor diri first (how is it actually done?) before we apply the 5 positions in SPA?
+Quote Post
jonnyl
post Jul 21 2012, 12:33 PM

QUOTE(OMG! @ Jul 21 2012, 07:53 AM)
guys,

is it a must for us to lapor diri first (how is it actually done?) before we apply the 5 positions in SPA?
for me, one of the lapor diri steps is to show proof of application to SPA. so apply first

Added on July 21, 2012, 12:35 pm
QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 20 2012, 05:11 PM)
ya looks right. just apply for 5 la. leave the rest blank.. one month ago there were only 5, change already lol

This post has been edited by jonnyl: Jul 21 2012, 12:35 PM
+Quote Post
-steer-
post Jul 21 2012, 04:45 PM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 21 2012, 12:05 AM)
I did so too.. Until I checked the Status and it says Incomplete. Clicked the Show Reason link, it says cos not applying for at least 5 positions in government agency. So, yea, reapplied for 5 positions. Until today still haven't update my status yet to complete or incomplete. Pfffttt
How long it took before the status changed fr belum semak to incomplete? Talentcorp looks at the date on the SPA application slip.. Hope after 3 months my status still remains belun semak,so I can join the STAR program!
+Quote Post
midget33
post Jul 23 2012, 12:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 21 2012, 12:05 AM)
i logged in mine just now.. the status at the top of the borang is 'bersih & didaftarkan".. does it mean that it's fine though i have only submitted one job application??
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 23 2012, 12:51 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:04 AM)
i logged in mine just now.. the status at the top of the borang is 'bersih & didaftarkan".. does it mean that it's fine though i have only submitted one job application??
I'll be damned. How come mine got marked as Incomplete and when I clicked Show Reasons it says I dint apply for atleast 5 positions in govt agencies. And till now they still haven't updated my status yet.

This website right? http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 23 2012, 12:07 PM

QUOTE(mikhael @ Jul 23 2012, 12:51 AM)
I'll be damned. How come mine got marked as Incomplete and when I clicked Show Reasons it says I dint apply for atleast 5 positions in govt agencies. And till now they still haven't updated my status yet.

Yep, it is that website. That website is a bit crazy because I kept inserting my job application file but for some reasons, it disappears the next day when I checked it. And is it me or does some of the information in 'lapor diri' disappears even after filling it repeatedly ?! unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Kaylee20
post Jul 23 2012, 02:15 PM

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 20 2012, 01:27 AM)
jpa scholar here too.. can i know where you saw the statement that we have to apply for at least 3 jobs at spa?? i applied  one only since the application system went pretty smooth..  smile.gif
it stated in the letter from jpa. mentioned about we need to lapor diri and need to apply for at least 3 jobs, but i'm not sure whether is jpa really care dat. haha
+Quote Post
midget33
post Jul 23 2012, 04:30 PM

Getting Started

I called pn amalia just now.. she said apply for 5 positions is the requirements for jpa lapor diri.. even spa website system went smooth, but it doesn't account for lapor diri process if apply for only one job. BTW i didn't lapor diri thru sistem pemantauan.. most of my friends lapor diri by sending them the 4 docs needed by post..

But i really wonder, what kind of jobs can a chemical engineering graduate apply besides chemical engineer?? mechanical, electric, civil??sad.gif

Added on July 23, 2012, 4:35 pm

Sorry, another doubt in mind.. for the second time u reapplied, how they count your registration date?? they use the first or the second time of ur application?? thx thx..

This post has been edited by midget33: Jul 23 2012, 04:48 PM
+Quote Post
mikhael
post Jul 23 2012, 07:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 23 2012, 12:07 PM)
Yep, it is that website. That website is a bit crazy because I kept inserting my job application file but for some reasons, it disappears the next day when I checked it. And is it me or does some of the information in 'lapor diri' disappears even after filling it repeatedly ?!  unsure.gif
Yea same here. For me, it's the document uploaded went missing. Few times aldy. Not to mention the profile and other stuffs, even if u update it, it reverts to un-updated one.

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:30 PM)
I called pn amalia just now.. she said apply for 5 positions is the requirements for jpa lapor diri.. even spa website system went smooth, but it doesn't account for lapor diri process if apply for only one job. BTW i didn't lapor diri thru sistem pemantauan.. most of my friends lapor diri by sending them the 4 docs needed by post..

But i really wonder, what kind of jobs can a chemical engineering graduate apply besides chemical engineer??  mechanical, electric,  civil??sad.gif

Added on July 23, 2012, 4:35 pm

Sorry, another doubt in mind.. for the second time u reapplied, how they count your registration date?? they use the first or the second time of ur application?? thx thx..
thanks for the clarification. So it's really five, good. I dunno, just apply for all engineering field, mech, electric, electronic,chemical, civil i guess?
So u send by post is it. guess u need to apply for 4 more positions?

they count my registration date as the first time I applied, regardless its incomplete or not.
+Quote Post
midget33
post Jul 25 2012, 01:24 AM

Getting Started

hi mikhael.. yea i reapplied again..

i doubt when they will update the lapor diri status.. the days wont be counting if status is not updated.. haih, efficiency.......

This post has been edited by midget33: Jul 25 2012, 01:25 AM
+Quote Post
asuwini
post Jul 25 2012, 09:57 AM

SLIP PERMOHONAN SPA YG DIROG DURUH UPLOAD TU NK DPTKAN DARI MANE ERK??
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Jul 25 2012, 11:33 AM

On my way

QUOTE(asuwini @ Jul 25 2012, 09:57 AM)
SLIP PERMOHONAN SPA YG DIROG DURUH UPLOAD TU NK DPTKAN DARI MANE ERK??
Calm down, you don't have to use caps lock to ask question.

1) Log in here: http://www.spa.gov.my/Portal/MaklumanBorangSPA8i

2) Make sure all the required informations are filled in

3) Click Seterusnya until Pengakuan Pemohonan, then click Hantar again

4) You will see your slip permohonan SPA, either save it as PDF, or do print screen, or if you do not know how to do the first two ways then print it for real then scan it using scanner

This post has been edited by Dry Pillow: Jul 25 2012, 11:34 AM
+Quote Post
asuwini
post Jul 25 2012, 11:59 AM

Thankq Dry Pillow.
haha sorry cuz i wasnt aware dat Capslock was on..
thankq nways..

Added on July 25, 2012, 12:15 pmPelajar-Pelajar Tahun Akhir di Institut Pengajian Tinggi Awam/Swasta adalah tidak dibenarkan membuat sebarang permohonan jawatan dalam Borang Permohonan Online SPA (SPA8i) kecuali bagi jawatan-jawatan seperti berikut:
1. Pegawai Perubatan Gred UD41 2. Pegawai Pergigian Gred U41
3. Pegawai Farmasi Gred U41 4. Pegawai Optometri Gred U41
5. Pegawai Veterinar Gred G41 6. Jururawat Gred U29
7. Jurupulih Perubatan Anggota Gred U29 8. Jurupulih Perubatan Cara Kerja Gred U29
9. Juru X-Ray Gred U29

why izit so? i am a final year student. my convocation will be october. does that mean i cannot apply now??

This post has been edited by asuwini: Jul 25 2012, 12:15 PM
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Jul 25 2012, 12:24 PM

On my way

You can if you already have final transcript
+Quote Post
clofae
post Jul 26 2012, 01:56 PM

Alternatively, for those who doesn't have their academic transcript / salinan ijazah, you could just lapor diri online and apply for job first, send the other 2 documents in later, it's fine...at least that's what I was told.

Can anyone tell me how long does it take for them to semak the lapor diri thing? A week? A month?
+Quote Post
-steer-
post Jul 26 2012, 10:48 PM

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 26 2012, 01:56 PM)
Alternatively, for those who doesn't have their academic transcript / salinan ijazah, you could just lapor diri online and apply for job first, send the other 2 documents in later, it's fine...at least that's what I was told.

Can anyone tell me how long does it take for them to semak the lapor diri thing? A week? A month?
I was told that the online system is down so they cant check the lapor diri submissions. Mine has been in belum semak status for 3 weeks. They asked to send by post.
+Quote Post
pandikar
post Jul 27 2012, 01:00 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(midget33 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:30 PM)
But i really wonder, what kind of jobs can a chemical engineering graduate apply besides chemical engineer?? mechanical, electric, civil??sad.gif
Unfortunately, for specialist, only that position you could apply.

However, as for generalist, the list of positions would be:
1. Penguasa Kastam W41
2. Penguasa Bomba KB41
3. Pegawai Belia dan Sukan Gred S41
4. Penguas Imigresen KP41
5. Pengurus Asrama Gred N41
6. Pegawai Kawalan Trafik Udara Gred A41
7. Pegawai Kesatria Gred S41
8. Pegawai Keselamatan Gred KP41
9. Pegawai Latihan Vokasional Gred J41
10. Pemeriksa Kilang dan Jentera J41
11. Pegawai Penguatkuasa Gred N41
12. Pegawai Penyelidik Gred Q41
13. Pegawai Tadbir N41
14. Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik Gred M41

and so forth.
+Quote Post
ayuemilia89
post Jul 31 2012, 01:42 PM

I have already applied for the post on the web site of the signing of the SPA as the current agreement to receive this scholarship. My question is,

1) How long should I wait to get a call from the JPA?
2) During the waiting period, can I work at any company?
3) Can I request a letter of release from JPA to work in any company during the waiting period (letter that JPA allow me to join any company before they call me) ?
+Quote Post
wyq89
post Aug 1 2012, 01:03 PM

Group: New Member

http://www.jpa.gov.my/index.php?option=com...emid=96&lang=ms

3. Apakah perbezaan antara Biasiswa dan Pinjaman?

Biasiswa
Pelajar yang menerima penajaan dalam bentuk biasiswa dikehendaki berkhidmat dengan kerajaan untuk suatu tempoh yang dipersetujui.
Mereka boleh dilepaskan dari ikatan kontrak sekiranya kerajaan tidak dapat menyediakan kerja dalam tempoh 12 bulan selepas pelajar melaporkan diri di JPA atau mereka membayar ganti rugi kepada kerajaan mengikut jumlah yang ditetapkan dalam perjanjian.
Pinjaman
Kemudahan pinjaman pelajaran disediakan bagi pengajian di luar negara sahaja.
Pelajar yang menerima pinjaman dikehendaki membayar balik jumlah pinjaman sebenar mereka selepas menamatkan pengajian. Bayaran boleh dibuat secara ansuran. Pinjaman ini tidak dikenakan sebarang faedah.

+Quote Post
apcn20
post Aug 1 2012, 01:19 PM

Hi everyone. I am a fresh graduate sponsored by JPA as well. I am planning to return to UK for my masters, however in order to apply for the study visa I would need a consent letter from JPA. Does anyone here is going through the same thing? Also, does anyone know how long does JPA take to process the lapor diri thing? I really need my lapor diri status to be updated ASAP! T.T
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Aug 1 2012, 08:52 PM

Raymond

QUOTE(clofae @ Jul 26 2012, 01:56 PM)

apply for a job first? did you mean apply for a job through SPA first??
+Quote Post
clofae
post Aug 2 2012, 03:57 PM

QUOTE(OMG! @ Aug 1 2012, 08:52 PM)
apply for a job first? did you mean apply for a job through SPA first??
yeah, apply through SPA, what else if not that?
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Aug 3 2012, 07:06 PM

Raymond

but when i log in, i found the maklumat of mine haven't been updated yet, the status is ' belum tamat belajar'...

so i couldn't lapor diri.
+Quote Post
ying_tmy
post Aug 9 2012, 04:15 PM

hi, i would like to ask. if for JPA scholar for public uni. where should we report too? thanks alot

Added on August 9, 2012, 4:16 pmhi, i would like to ask. if for JPA scholar for public uni. where should we report too? thanks alot

This post has been edited by ying_tmy: Aug 9 2012, 04:16 PM
+Quote Post
IBank BeanBag
post Aug 9 2012, 05:21 PM

On my way

Can JPA scholars joined a GLC like CIMB without breaching the bond
+Quote Post
aloqmalai
post Aug 10 2012, 12:19 PM

same here...filled until 11 then dont know what other choices to pick...i was JPA scholar, 2yrs+ working in private sector, 1 tym PTD test- failed...simple mail JPA ' SURAT AKUAN TAMAT BELAJAR' which can be download from their site...after a while, u'll get the release letter..

plus, if want rm200 sumore, print n mail final report 'final year project'... can be xtra income for freshie..rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Aug 10 2012, 04:10 PM

On my way

QUOTE(IBank BeanBag @ Aug 9 2012, 05:21 PM)
Can JPA scholars joined a GLC like CIMB without breaching the bond
There is a channel to serve JPA bond while working in private sector. Google STAR programme under TalentCorp.
+Quote Post
IBank BeanBag
post Aug 10 2012, 09:33 PM

On my way

anyone keen to do IB?
+Quote Post
clofae
post Aug 12 2012, 11:44 PM

QUOTE(IBank BeanBag @ Aug 10 2012, 09:33 PM)
anyone keen to do IB?
Hmm, maybe..why do you ask?
+Quote Post
midget33
post Aug 14 2012, 01:33 AM

Getting Started

it has been a month since i report myself.. my status is still BELUM DISEMAK until now.. efficiency........
+Quote Post
IBank BeanBag
post Aug 15 2012, 12:24 AM

On my way

QUOTE(clofae @ Aug 12 2012, 11:44 PM)
Hmm, maybe..why do you ask?
Keen to hire a good permanent staff to replace my ivy league intern

Added on August 15, 2012, 12:25 amat here, we treat scholar differently, especially street smart scholar... book worm can b quants lor

This post has been edited by IBank BeanBag: Aug 15 2012, 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
-steer-
post Aug 16 2012, 09:16 PM

QUOTE(midget33 @ Aug 14 2012, 01:33 AM)
it has been a month since i report myself.. my status is still BELUM DISEMAK until now.. efficiency........
The online system is down
+Quote Post
gsh880823
post Aug 20 2012, 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Dry Pillow @ Aug 10 2012, 05:10 PM)
There is a channel to serve JPA bond while working in private sector. Google STAR programme under TalentCorp.
I am one of the JPA scholar and has since working in private since one year plus ago.. My private company is one of the participating employer in STAR list... Can I apply to serve my JPA bonding in my company, but i had been working here since last year...? Is it too late? If no, what are the procedures? Thank you!
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Aug 20 2012, 08:36 PM

On my way

QUOTE(gsh880823 @ Aug 20 2012, 11:58 AM)
I am one of the JPA scholar and has since working in private since one year plus ago.. My private company is one of the participating employer in STAR list... Can I apply to serve my JPA bonding in my company, but i had been working here since last year...? Is it too late? If no, what are the procedures? Thank you!
I'm in the same situation like yours too actually. Still waiting for my application status but I'm sure we'll be fine.
+Quote Post
nanabobomomo
post Aug 23 2012, 09:05 PM

Any of you receive an email regarding STAR programme?

+Quote Post
arthas_1203
post Sep 1 2012, 10:21 PM

QUOTE(nanabobomomo @ Aug 23 2012, 09:05 PM)
I did. I guess you receive it as well,right? Any of your friend receive it too coz I think I'm the only one among my friends who receive the email. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
MilkyBubbles
post Sep 2 2012, 12:04 AM

I am confused with the lapor diri thing too. Does anyone know how long JPA will confirm as "sudah lapor diri"? The one year period starts from the day we fill in the form and apply post or starts from the day they approve us as "sudah lapor diri"? If like the previous comments saying that their status are "incomplete" then does that mean we havent lapor diri?
+Quote Post
ch8989
post Sep 3 2012, 11:19 AM

Hi Guys,

Where did you guys check the status lapor diri Incomplete?

i can't find it in http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/

i only saw in my PEMANTAUAN > PELAJAR > PENGAJIAN

Tarikh Lapor Diri = 09-09-2011
+Quote Post
kaizocraze
post Sep 4 2012, 07:03 PM

QUOTE(ch8989 @ Sep 3 2012, 11:19 AM)
Hi Guys,

Where did you guys check the status lapor diri Incomplete?

i can't find it in http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/

i only saw in my PEMANTAUAN > PELAJAR > PENGAJIAN

Tarikh Lapor Diri = 09-09-2011
Attached Image

How u lapor diri?
online, mail or go jpa office?
+Quote Post
ch8989
post Sep 4 2012, 07:45 PM

QUOTE(kaizocraze @ Sep 4 2012, 07:03 PM)
Attached Image

How u lapor diri?
online, mail or go jpa office?
I used mail. So do I still need to do the online version?

Does your guys pengajian page looks like this? i'm confused whether am i already lapor diri already or not since there is no news from JPA after i have sent my documents to them

This post has been edited by ch8989: Sep 4 2012, 10:20 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
nanabobomomo
post Sep 4 2012, 10:19 PM

QUOTE(arthas_1203 @ Sep 1 2012, 10:21 PM)
I did. I guess you receive it as well,right? Any of your friend receive it too coz I think I'm the only one among my friends who receive the email.  hmm.gif
Only a few of my course mates receiving the email. Less than 5 people.
+Quote Post
MilkyBubbles
post Sep 5 2012, 08:59 PM

QUOTE(ch8989 @ Sep 4 2012, 07:45 PM)
I used mail. So do I still need to do the online version?

Does your guys pengajian page looks like this? i'm confused whether am i already lapor diri already or not since there is no news from JPA after i have sent my documents to them

I lapor diri online. And my status is still belum semak as well. I wonder how long will they take to process it. I hope the one year waiting period starts on the day i lapor diri not on the day the status becomes "sudah lapor diri".
+Quote Post
AerynVell
post Sep 5 2012, 10:28 PM

I agree with all above the post but i cant find the job here so Please share some job vacancies with us.

Thanks
+Quote Post
clofae
post Sep 14 2012, 11:03 AM

QUOTE(MilkyBubbles @ Sep 5 2012, 08:59 PM)
I lapor diri online. And my status is still belum semak as well. I wonder how long will they take to process it. I hope the one year waiting period starts on the day i lapor diri not on the day the status becomes "sudah lapor diri".
Hmm I phoned them the last time and I was told that the lapor diri is counted from the time you start lapor diri...not starting from the day that status becomes " sudah lapor diri". I am also a little worried coz it has been already 3 months and my status is still "belum semak"...alamak. shakehead.gif Plus, the online system is quite annoying as I have to keep uploading the academic transcripts and spa application receipt which keeps on disappearing from time to time. mad.gif
+Quote Post
MilkyBubbles
post Sep 16 2012, 03:27 PM

QUOTE(clofae @ Sep 14 2012, 11:03 AM)
Hmm I phoned them the last time and I was told that the lapor diri is counted from the time you start lapor diri...not starting from the day that status becomes " sudah lapor diri". I am also a little worried coz it has been already 3 months and my status is still "belum semak"...alamak.  shakehead.gif Plus, the online system is quite annoying as I have to keep uploading the academic transcripts and spa application receipt which keeps on disappearing from time to time.  mad.gif
I also called them last week, they said we have to pass up the
1. lapor diri form (http://www.jpa.gov.my/docs/blatihan/lapordiri2007.pdf),
2. Salinan Sijil/Diploma/Ijazah (dikemukakan kemudian setelah diperolehi dari pihak universiti/selepas konvokesyen)
3. Salinan transkrip (seperti di para 2)
4. Mohon berkhidmat dengan Kerajaan melalui website www.spa.gov.my

these 4 documents (at least 1 and 4) baru considered as sudah lapor diri. Lastime I lapor diri online and i did not upload the form so i think that's why my status hasn't been changed. Did you pass up the form?
+Quote Post
ch8989
post Sep 16 2012, 07:40 PM

QUOTE(MilkyBubbles @ Sep 16 2012, 03:27 PM)
I also called them last week, they said we have to pass up the
1. lapor diri form (http://www.jpa.gov.my/docs/blatihan/lapordiri2007.pdf),
2. Salinan Sijil/Diploma/Ijazah (dikemukakan kemudian setelah diperolehi dari pihak universiti/selepas konvokesyen)
3. Salinan transkrip (seperti di para 2)
4. Mohon berkhidmat dengan Kerajaan melalui website www.spa.gov.my

these 4 documents (at least 1 and 4) baru considered as sudah lapor diri. Lastime I lapor diri online and i did not upload the form so i think that's why my status hasn't been changed. Did you pass up the form?
quick question, does you guys have the lapor Diri date in your pemantauan -> pelajar -> pengajian page?

+Quote Post
MilkyBubbles
post Sep 18 2012, 05:15 PM

Can anyone teach me how to fill in the form?
Part 14, How do you usually write for kelulusan dicapai for a biology student?
Part 21, I studied at local uni, so the options provided in page 2 do not suit my condition.

Thank you.

Added on September 18, 2012, 5:21 pm
QUOTE(ch8989 @ Sep 16 2012, 07:40 PM)
quick question, does you guys have the lapor Diri date in your pemantauan -> pelajar -> pengajian page?
Nope, no date of lapor diri and my status is still "masih belajar". Are you in the same situation too? It asks us to lapor diri within one month after we finish our degree but now its already 3 months after. sad.gif I wont get punished for that eh?

This post has been edited by MilkyBubbles: Sep 18 2012, 05:21 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  jpa_lapordiri2007.pdf ( 53.38k ) Number of downloads: 92
+Quote Post
DownUnder999
post Sep 18 2012, 07:37 PM

Hi guys,

I am a JPA scholar in the final year of my degree in Australia and just got called for an assessment by TAPS.

Any TAPS associate here keen to share salary, gov agencies posted, etc?

Also, can i refuse a TAPS offer for an offer from a private firm listed under STAR?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks!

+Quote Post
shadow_walker
post Sep 20 2012, 11:27 AM

Getting Started

i think the procedure is to lapor diri to JPA putrajaya as soon as possible..u need to apply with SPA first before u do this though so that JPA knows that u are in the system.

usually OVERSEAS JPA scholars are given priority over local scholars and sometimes SPA & JPA even conduct interviews overseas(aussie, us etc) to ensure these scholars dont runaway..lol

after lapor diri just apply for other jobs as well..dont think they can trace..u need to work n gain experience rite..unless ur from rich family..

roughly within a year if they find a suitable position for u(ure already interviewed etc) u will be called up to lapor diri to work

My advice: dont sit around waiting for govt offers to come..work and earn and gain experience..theres a lot more higher paying jobs out there..heheh..if they call u up just report or pay up..;p
+Quote Post
DownUnder999
post Sep 20 2012, 11:33 PM

QUOTE(shadow_walker @ Sep 20 2012, 11:27 AM)
i think the procedure is to lapor diri to JPA putrajaya as soon as possible..u need to apply with SPA first before u do this though so that JPA knows that u are in the system.

usually OVERSEAS JPA scholars are given priority over local scholars and sometimes SPA & JPA even conduct interviews overseas(aussie, us etc) to ensure these scholars dont runaway..lol

after lapor diri just apply for other jobs as well..dont think they can trace..u need to work n gain experience rite..unless ur from rich family..

roughly within a year if they find a suitable position for u(ure already interviewed etc) u will be called up to lapor diri to work

My advice: dont sit around waiting for govt offers to come..work and earn and gain experience..theres a lot more higher paying jobs out there..heheh..if they call u up just report or pay up..;p
Well, in the 3 month hiatus between reporting and applying SPA jobs to waiting for the outcome from the government, someone who starts working first in the private sector would only gain at most 3 months advantage in income and work experience, wouldn't they?

Because after 3 months and if there's no vacancy in SPA and you're not selected for TAPS, your next alternative is STAR, working for private firms. Assuming firms do all year round intakes in which most firms in msia usually do, one can always start after 3 months waiting period ends. In those 3 months, im guessing time can be spent travelling, indulging in hobbies, family bonding sessions,etc

Plus, if you start working in the private sector during the waiting period, if you get called back, you'll have to resign or even worse, pay some sum of money if you sign a contract and breach it by resigning.

Well, you can skip all these headache by paying up of course, as mentioned earlier =p

+Quote Post
namia
post Sep 21 2012, 05:16 PM

if u already lapor diri and your status is still belum semak maybe person in charge for your university still not update for you..I calling them for an update but she said that she have 10 000 student and she not have enough time to update although i already send the form 2 month ago.
+Quote Post
mia miaya
post Sep 22 2012, 01:27 PM

QUOTE(jonnyl @ Jul 19 2012, 05:35 PM)

Hi Jonnyl,

Can I say no to STAR Programme?? (Yesterday I just received the letter from Telent Corp saying that I have been selected by JPA for STAR Programme)

As I have accepted a job offer at Singapore and I really wish to work at Singapore. icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
kelvin5427
post Oct 27 2012, 07:42 AM

Guys, I am scholar too, graduated two months ago. I have been trying to lapor diri online, but everytime i wanna submit it, it will end up become "MySQL server has gone away". I called many numbers listed on eSila but no one picked up, and the emails sent were all bounced back. Anyone have any idea of working number/email that I can use to contact?
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Oct 27 2012, 10:24 AM

Raymond

QUOTE(kelvin5427 @ Oct 27 2012, 07:42 AM)
Guys, I am scholar too, graduated two months ago. I have been trying to lapor diri online, but everytime i wanna submit it, it will end up become "MySQL server has gone away". I called many numbers listed on eSila but no one picked up, and the emails sent were all bounced back. Anyone have any idea of working number/email that I can use to contact?
Large documents normally failed to be uploaded especially for the scanned transcripts.

The alternative way is to send by post. smile.gif

+Quote Post
midget33
post Oct 29 2012, 10:47 PM

Getting Started

i feel so insecure about reporting ourselves to jpa. we dont get any slip after we report ourselves (even though i know it takes them long time to update my status). at least we have the slip for job application at spa website. i post them the relevant docs as well, but no reply too.

do you guys get any proof for reporting ourselves to jpa?
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Nov 3 2012, 11:34 AM

Raymond

QUOTE(midget33 @ Oct 29 2012, 10:47 PM)
i feel so insecure about reporting ourselves to jpa. we dont get any slip after we report ourselves (even though i know it takes them long time to update my status). at least we have the slip for job application at spa website. i post them the relevant docs as well, but no reply too.

do you guys get any proof for reporting ourselves to jpa?
You can actually call them up to ask whether they have received the documents you send, just as a confirmation.
By the way, when do you start to send the lapor diri documents to them?

+Quote Post
midget33
post Nov 3 2012, 10:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(OMG! @ Nov 3 2012, 11:34 AM)
You can actually call them up to ask whether they have received the documents you send, just as a confirmation.
By the way, when do you start to send the lapor diri documents to them?
i called them up, and they just give me a hasty reply that they will check, no worries... i report myself in July this year, both by post and online.

how about you?
+Quote Post
hercules899
post Nov 3 2012, 11:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(midget33 @ Nov 3 2012, 10:42 PM)
i called them up, and they just give me a hasty reply that they will check, no worries... i report myself in July this year, both by post and online.

how about you?
this a not a good sign considering u reported in July, they should have told you the DATE IN EFFECTIVE,

you should really pursue your case ASAP, if not you are the one gonna rugi.
+Quote Post
clofae
post Dec 17 2012, 01:44 PM

QUOTE(hercules899 @ Nov 3 2012, 11:03 PM)
this a not a good sign considering u reported in July, they should have told you the DATE IN EFFECTIVE,

you should really pursue your case ASAP, if not you are the one gonna rugi.
Yeah, they SHOULD HAVE told u the effective date but they would not unless you ask them specifically, which I did and it took them quite a while to reply me coz apparently their system down/hang/crash/overload. On another note, is the website (http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/) down? Wanna check if they semak already -.-
+Quote Post
jasper91
post Dec 30 2012, 12:24 AM

Hi there, is it possible for not to be chosen by Govt and STAR? i mean as if, u're not getting any offer from Govt and STAR, or it is a must for STAR programme?
+Quote Post
Dry Pillow
post Dec 30 2012, 07:31 PM

On my way

QUOTE(nanabobomomo @ Aug 23 2012, 09:05 PM)
Finally after 3 months waiting STAR approved my application. Just received an email last week.
+Quote Post
hercules899
post Dec 30 2012, 08:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dry Pillow @ Dec 30 2012, 07:31 PM)
Finally after 3 months waiting STAR approved my application. Just received an email last week.
LOL, you don't to apply for the STAR program or the TAPS program, you will automatically get selected if you are a JPA scholar.

Best plan for a JPA scholar is , Lets say you do come back to Malaysia and you don't wanna work for the government :

a) You go find work in private sector, then apply to exempt yourself from serving the government service sector after 1 year.

b) If the government offers you SPA job within 1 year, you turn to talentcorp and say you already started working and you tell them you wanna convert your bond into private sector one. Talentcorp will do that for you and SPA wont even care because TOO MANY people wanna join civil service and they wanna take care of "their people".

c) Or you just don't have to care responding to JPA/SPA. Acting like nothing happene which I know a lot of people are doing that currently.

+Quote Post
Hazel9
post Jan 1 2013, 03:38 PM

Hi! I'm a JPA scholar and still currently in my degree. May I know if you all got to attend convocation before coming back to Malaysia? Or did you go back to UK again for it?

Thanks!
+Quote Post
acetang
post Jan 13 2013, 06:11 PM

For those of you who have your job application information disappearing from the JPA online system, I am wondering what you did to resolve the issue?
+Quote Post
Gny
post Jan 29 2013, 12:36 PM

Hi all,

May I know how to check the status whether my lapor diri has been checked?

I went to this website (http://esimos.jpa.gov.my/) , and clicked on the "lapor diri" tab, it brought me to the application form page. So, I kinda confused whether they have received my lapor diri, as I have filled in that form back in early December and tried to check the status a few times, everytime will get into that application form page, I didnt see any "semak status" page as mentioned by the scholars in previous replies.

Thanks.
+Quote Post
jasper91
post Mar 20 2013, 12:30 PM

err any1 know if got called for working in govt sect. we are pekerja tetap or pekerja kontrak only? i mean like if on the agreement it stated contract for 5yrs mean we only work for them for 5yrs?

i got called for an interview next month, i mean im under JPA contract, do i stil need take the interview also?

This post has been edited by jasper91: Mar 20 2013, 12:38 PM
+Quote Post
bonedragon
post Apr 15 2013, 11:47 PM

Casual

I lapor diri online on the system back in oct/nov, applied on spa and everything, suddenly got a letter demanding repayment of the scholarship dated end of march, yet somehow I got called for interview for SPA post dated 4 april!! Get your act together man....
+Quote Post
kwh1989
post Apr 16 2013, 10:31 AM

Casual

QUOTE(bonedragon @ Apr 15 2013, 11:47 PM)
I lapor diri online on the system back in oct/nov, applied on spa and everything, suddenly got a letter demanding repayment of the scholarship dated end of march, yet somehow I got called for interview for SPA post dated 4 april!! Get your act together man....
did you manage to resolve it?

+Quote Post
hercules899
post Apr 16 2013, 09:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(bonedragon @ Apr 15 2013, 11:47 PM)
lol, you must be a studying medicine or pharmacy, for the rest of the graduates, there are just too many of them , JPA would not bother.
+Quote Post
Jason7fd
post Apr 17 2013, 08:20 PM

Getting Started

Guys, how easy is it to get a job via SPA?

At least for STAR, I do think the companies treat the scholars more or less like normal job applicants.
+Quote Post
hercules899
post Apr 17 2013, 09:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jason7fd @ Apr 17 2013, 08:20 PM)
Guys, how easy is it to get a job via SPA?

At least for STAR, I do think the companies treat the scholars more or less like normal job applicants.
Very hard. The chances are like lottery, very random selection process. You better get a job in private 1st, while hoping for government jobs.

Imagine you tanam anggur for 6 months till 1 year, can you sustain all sort of pressures? from peers to parental pressure.
+Quote Post
clofae
post Apr 25 2013, 10:35 AM

Hey all,

I recently checked esila website again and all of my documents I uploaded went missing, what's worst is that they put in the wrong lapor diri date!

Wonder if this happen to anyone??
+Quote Post
japa18
post May 7 2013, 01:23 PM

Hi there

I checked the esila website and on the banner it says that the 'Lapor Diri Online' option is only available to students who studied in msia.

Is this a new change or has it always been advertised this way but overseas graduates can still lapor diri online?

Asking because this is going to be a headache to plan to go to putrajaya to lapor diri for me

Btw, just wondering what is the process to getting released from the bond?
Thanks!
+Quote Post
IBank BeanBag
post May 17 2013, 11:57 PM

On my way

What is a good way to access to a number of good scholars with finance degree?
+Quote Post
newbie2013
post May 18 2013, 06:00 AM

QUOTE(IBank BeanBag @ May 17 2013, 11:57 PM)
Check out the Scholarship Talent Attraction and Retention (STAR) program.
http://www.talentcorp.com.my/malaysians-ab...retention-star/
+Quote Post
kwh1989
post May 18 2013, 01:50 PM

Casual

QUOTE(newbie2013 @ May 18 2013, 06:00 AM)
Check out the Scholarship Talent Attraction and Retention (STAR) program.
http://www.talentcorp.com.my/malaysians-ab...retention-star/
RHB is actually under the STAR list of companies. You might need to consult the HR to access the scholar profiles.
+Quote Post
paintballtao
post Jun 15 2013, 09:40 PM

Getting Started

anyone who studied medicine/dentistry/pharmacy and resigned before the bond finishes?
+Quote Post
nana100
post Jul 1 2013, 09:46 PM

If at the pemantauan page (@esila) my status is masih belajar, I cannot lapor diri yet? But I could still access the lapor diri page.

Second matter, about SPA8i...i've just daftar at SPA for an MyID account (required for filling in SPA8i) but I've yet to receive an activation email. Anyone facing this problem? How long does it take for them to send? Fyi, I've checked my junk mail, nth's there. sad.gif

+Quote Post
geminionatalie
post Aug 5 2013, 05:22 PM

Hi does anybody know who to request for release letter from JPA and how long will they take to send that letter? Who do I forward my request to? Who's the officer/pegawai in charged of releasing students from their bond? Coz I will need to include the person in charged punya name in my letter, right e.g. Attention to so and so..

Thx.
+Quote Post
FortNil
post Aug 5 2013, 08:56 PM

Getting Started

I never really want to work for the government lol.

Let said I were to be offered a position, may I decline it?
+Quote Post
lzhaojie
post Aug 6 2013, 05:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(FortNil @ Aug 5 2013, 08:56 PM)
I never really want to work for the government lol.

Let said I were to be offered a position, may I decline it?
Unfortunately you couldnt say NO to government jobs within the first year time. You have agreed to work for the government when you signed your contract few years back. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
FortNil
post Aug 6 2013, 06:39 PM

Getting Started

Hmm, but back in 2007, my cousin who is a JPA scholar, secured a job with MOTOROLA even before he graduated. And when JPA called him up offering him to work for government, he simply tell them that he already has a job bla bla bla, and they release him from the contract.

But that was back in 2007....

This post has been edited by FortNil: Aug 9 2013, 10:14 PM
+Quote Post
bota1203
post Aug 9 2013, 12:55 PM

I am doing my BA in Finance right now, so have u gotten a job from government? Are there many business jpa students?
+Quote Post
IBank BeanBag
post Aug 13 2013, 03:21 AM

On my way

QUOTE(bota1203 @ Aug 9 2013, 12:55 PM)
I am doing my BA in Finance right now, so have u gotten a job from government? Are there many business jpa students?
M a scholar but not jpa.

I m recruiting for IB. Need ppl who can still work at this hours.
+Quote Post
rabloo
post Aug 13 2013, 09:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(FortNil @ Aug 6 2013, 06:39 PM)
Hmm, but back in 2007, my cousin who is a JPA scholar, secured a job with MOTOROLA even before he graduated.  And when JPA called him up offering him to work for government, he simply tell them that he already has a job bla bla bla, and they release him from the contract.

But that was back in 2007....
You can reject the offer if they offer you a contract job, but if they offer you permanent, almost no chance. The best way is to screw the interview and ensure that they don't offer you the job. lol
+Quote Post
geminionatalie
post Aug 13 2013, 11:28 AM

For those looking for unit pengurusan perjanjian's phone number here's it 038853572.
+Quote Post
FortNil
post Aug 14 2013, 09:22 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rabloo @ Aug 13 2013, 09:47 AM)
You can reject the offer if they offer you a contract job, but if they offer you permanent, almost no chance. The best way is to screw the interview and ensure that they don't offer you the job. lol
yeah screwing the interview seems like a good plan.. haha thanks!
+Quote Post
tanchunhoe7
post Aug 18 2013, 09:43 PM

Can we say no to STAR programme? Without informing me, I was instructed by government to join graduate employability management scheme programme (GEMS).
+Quote Post
kwh1989
post Aug 19 2013, 09:10 AM

Casual

QUOTE(tanchunhoe7 @ Aug 18 2013, 09:43 PM)
Can we say no to STAR programme? Without informing me, I was instructed by government to join graduate employability management scheme programme (GEMS).
you are instructed to join GEMS but you are trying to say no to STAR? Both are different programs.
+Quote Post
silverviolet
post Aug 29 2013, 08:41 PM

deleted

This post has been edited by silverviolet: Jan 12 2014, 08:26 PM
+Quote Post
mingjia12
post Sep 7 2013, 08:21 PM

hi, i am a jpa pidn holder in local uni, juz completed my degree course n laporkan diri online at JPA website.However, i wish to apply working holiday visa at nz or australia in coming few months, can i do it?anyone hav experience? rolleyes.gif Thanks
+Quote Post
OMG!
post Sep 7 2013, 11:14 PM

Raymond

QUOTE(mingjia12 @ Sep 7 2013, 08:21 PM)
hi, i am a jpa pidn holder in local uni, juz completed my degree course n laporkan diri online at JPA website.However, i wish to apply working holiday visa at nz or australia in coming few months, can i do it?anyone hav experience? rolleyes.gif Thanks
Sure you can do it. The lapor diri till get called for interview process take a long time, within 5 months to 1 year in average.
+Quote Post
mingjia12
post Sep 8 2013, 03:19 PM

QUOTE(OMG! @ Sep 7 2013, 11:14 PM)
Sure you can do it. The lapor diri till get called for interview process take a long time, within 5 months to 1 year in average.
Oh,thanks.juz worry d embassy wil reject my visa n msia wont let me departure on tat day.

+Quote Post
Wintersnowman
post Sep 9 2013, 12:21 PM

I am a JPA scholarship student as well. I had just finished my study and I had returned to Malaysia.

I keep seeing everyone said that the bond is break if one year no job From SPA. However, I am not able to see this statement anywhere on our contract and the website.

Can anyone indulge me on this?
+Quote Post
Wintersnowman
post Sep 9 2013, 12:23 PM

QUOTE(nana100 @ Jul 1 2013, 09:46 PM)
If at the pemantauan page (@esila) my status is masih belajar, I cannot lapor diri yet? But I could still access the lapor diri page.

Second matter, about SPA8i...i've just daftar at SPA for an MyID account (required for filling in SPA8i) but I've yet to receive an activation email. Anyone facing this problem? How long does it take for them to send? Fyi, I've checked my junk mail, nth's there.  sad.gif
Check your spam!
+Quote Post
silverviolet
post Sep 12 2013, 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Wintersnowman @ Sep 9 2013, 12:23 PM)
Check your spam!
Post the lapor diri docs to them instead..system a bit problem

And the spa system does not reply to hotmail....thats why need to call them
+Quote Post
rain_von
post Sep 23 2013, 03:22 PM

wanna ask. did any jpa scholars manage to register in STAR program? another thing is can i do lapor diri if haven convo and haven get official transcript (only have first year-final year exam result slip)
+Quote Post
apcn20
post Nov 6 2013, 11:22 AM

QUOTE(rabloo @ Jul 14 2012, 06:45 PM)
I was a JPA scholar too. I would suggest that you apply to other companies before waiting for SPA to get back to you. They may take months.
After I graduated, I did the same thing as you, Applied to SPA and Lapor Diri. Luckily already have a job offer overseas, so worked there. 2 years on.. SPA haven't call me
This post has been edited by apcn20: Nov 11 2013, 06:03 PM
+Quote Post
khuanoz
post Dec 10 2013, 03:30 AM

Hi I'm currently in my final year and am weighing my options. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could come forward to share your own (or others that you know of) experience with getting called/not getting called to serve their bond either through SPA, TalentCorp, TAPS or GEMS.

My CGPA is relatively low below 3.4 and I am a Chinese from Sarawak if that helps. What would the probability be for me to be called? Would it be wise to apply straight for a job or should I wait 3 or 12 months?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you very much for your time
+Quote Post
XterNalz
post Feb 14 2014, 11:38 AM

Casual

Regarding the STAR programme, how many jobs does a JPA scholar need to apply to?

If one had applied for only 1 job and he didn't get the job, what goes on next? After that, could he just wait for 1 year and get released from the bond?
+Quote Post
louis6
post Feb 14 2014, 04:25 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(XterNalz @ Feb 14 2014, 11:38 AM)
Regarding the STAR programme, how many jobs does a JPA scholar need to apply to?

If one had applied for only 1 job and he didn't get the job, what goes on next? After that, could he just wait for 1 year and get released from the bond?
yea, u could.. if u want jobless for 1 year...
+Quote Post
sissykuek
post Feb 15 2014, 09:38 PM

currently studying in local u under jpa, what if i wanna continue to do master at overseas?( let say using my own money)

Can i do that?

And what if i wanna break the bond with jpa, can i pay back the money monthly?

Pleasee reply meeeeeeeeeee thanks smile.gif

This post has been edited by sissykuek: Feb 15 2014, 09:39 PM
+Quote Post
don_kass
post Mar 3 2014, 12:05 PM

Just got an interview invitation. Electronic engineer j41 under jabatan penyiaran,kementerian komunikasi dan multimedia. I have no idea about this position. Currently working as electrical engineer in m&e consultant. Someone can enlighten me please?
+Quote Post
snowz28
post Mar 5 2014, 03:25 PM

Getting Started

Hello.
I read about pages saying that there's this bond with the gouvernent for Jpa scholars.
It works as when the JPA scholar completed his/her degree, it is a must to work for the gouvernment for 4-6 years right after graduation.
If he/she refuses, then the sponsored amount for the previous studies will have to be returned as well. Is that true???

Furthermore. I'm interested to know how Jpa scholarship works. As in the pros and cons.
And also testimonies from Jpa scholars biggrin.gif

Any replies are much appreciated. Thank you!
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 5 2014, 09:57 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(sissykuek @ Feb 15 2014, 09:38 PM)
currently studying in local u under jpa, what if i wanna continue to do master at overseas?( let say using my own money)

Can i do that?

And what if i wanna break the bond with jpa, can i pay back the money monthly?

Pleasee reply meeeeeeeeeee thanks  smile.gif
yes, via installment. Check your contract back or login to esila website.
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 5 2014, 10:01 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(snowz28 @ Mar 5 2014, 03:25 PM)
Hello.
I read about pages saying that there's this bond with the gouvernent for Jpa scholars.
It works as when the JPA scholar completed his/her degree, it is a must to work for the gouvernment for 4-6 years right after graduation.
If he/she refuses, then the sponsored amount for the previous studies will have to be returned as well. Is that true???

Furthermore. I'm interested to know how Jpa scholarship works. As in the pros and cons.

You are JPA scholar currently or going to apply one ?

Yes, you need to bond with gov for 4-6 years depending on your programme. For medic student will be 10 years.

Is it a must ? depend on the vacancy in gov sector. not necessary you will be called up by gov to work with them.

If gov offers you but you refuses, mean you violate the contract and you have to pay back. The amount I'm not sure is it the same with the amount they sponsored you or more.

What's your degree ?

+Quote Post
Little Birdie
post Mar 5 2014, 11:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(snowz28 @ Mar 5 2014, 03:25 PM)
Hello.

Hey

I was a scholarship recipient under Program Ijazah Luar Negara. My contract says I am to serve a six-year bond.

Did everything that was required of me, lapor diri then registered with SPA, went to an SPA interview and didn't get selected. I was also automatically registered for the TalentCorp STAR program as I was still unemployed three months after graduation.

Now my degree is in a very specialised course and there isn't a position in any government bodies save for DCA (then again you still need some sort of aircraft maintenance licence, which I don't have). I am currently looking for opportunities in the private sector, and should I manage to secure employment, as long as the company/organization is registered with TalentCorp, I'm good to go, and you will then have to remain with said company for as long as your bond is.

From my PoV, pros of JPA scholarship, well, it's a scholarship smile.gif, timely allowance brows.gif , not sure about other scholarships' selection process but I felt the JPA interview was fairly easy, they are quite tolerant if you have a change of heart and wanna change course, I had a friend who switched from Mech Eng. to Maths, no problems.

Cons, at the end of each academic year you will have to mail (yes, snail mail) the JPA branch in whatever country you're in the transcript of the year's exam results, which I found to be a bit vexing mad.gif , some people complain about the allowance, but it depends on your lifestyle really, I lived lean, so it's always more than enough. Lastly, as with all Government sponsorships, you have to attend BTN nod.gif
+Quote Post
snowz28
post Mar 6 2014, 11:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 5 2014, 10:01 PM)
You are JPA scholar currently or going to apply one ?

Yes, you need to bond with gov for 4-6 years depending on your programme. For medic student will be 10 years.

Is it a must ? depend on the vacancy in gov sector. not necessary you will be called up by gov to work with them.

If gov offers you but you refuses, mean you violate the contract and you have to pay back. The amount I'm not sure is it the same with the amount they sponsored you or more.

What's your degree ?
I'm not a Jpa scholar. But I'm interested to apply.
read online. but am still very helpless as to where to start applying.

Besides, I am enjoying my university scholarship. ( the basic amount, the higher amounts one will only be confirmed once I pass my university interview which is yet to be scheduled later on..)

Currently enrolled into Taylor's Bachelor of Biomedical Science course.
March intake, means I will start my study really soon (:

I saw some testimonies saying that Jpa scholars are sometimes given jobs they don't desire/interested in although they already emphasized their field of interest in the forms.
And then there's practically no way back... unless you fail in the interview session.. purposely lol..
then they won't hire you, hence you're in other words, freed from the bond.
( which I'm also curious is the interview a compulsory procedure for every offer from the authorities, or maybe it's due to the position offered?)

+Quote Post
snowz28
post Mar 6 2014, 11:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Little Birdie @ Mar 5 2014, 11:32 PM)
Hey

I was a scholarship recipient under Program Ijazah Luar Negara. My contract says I am to serve a six-year bond.

Did everything that was required of me, lapor diri then registered with SPA, went to an SPA interview and didn't get selected. I was also automatically registered for the TalentCorp STAR program as I was still unemployed three months after graduation.

Now my degree is in a very specialised course and there isn't a position in any government bodies save for DCA (then again you still need some sort of aircraft maintenance licence, which I don't have). I am currently looking for opportunities in the private sector, and should I manage to secure employment, as long as the company/organization is registered with TalentCorp, I'm good to go, and you will then have to remain with said company for as long as your bond is.

From my PoV, pros of JPA scholarship, well, it's a scholarship smile.gif, timely allowance brows.gif , not sure about other scholarships' selection process but I felt the JPA interview was fairly easy, they are quite tolerant if you have a change of heart and wanna change course, I had a friend who switched from Mech Eng. to Maths, no problems.

Cons, at the end of each academic year you will have to mail (yes, snail mail) the JPA branch in whatever country you're in the transcript of the year's exam results, which I found to be a bit vexing mad.gif , some people complain about the allowance, but it depends on your lifestyle really, I lived lean, so it's always more than enough. Lastly, as with all Government sponsorships, you have to attend BTN nod.gif
HELLO (: thanks for replying.
Anyway, about your scholarship, is that another name for Jpa scholarship?
Haha sorry got a little confused over there..
Anyway.. what degree did you do? aircraft-related..?

Are you employed now? Yes or no, I hope you're doing equivalently well (:

Anyway, how "good" will I have to be to stand a chance in getting JPA?
I told some friends, and they laughed at me saying that JPA only sponsors top students ( mostly local instituition students) to complete their studies overseas then come back Malaysia to serve...

I'm not planning to fly overseas anytime soon. ( currently registered in Taylor's Biomedical Science course if that matters biggrin.gif march intake 2014)[COLOR=red]
And since you're a Jpa scholar, can you give me advices on where should I start doing..?
Oh boy I'm so lost ):
I saw the online application, and there are SO MANY information ):
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 6 2014, 11:49 AM

D3V1L

QUOTE(snowz28 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:31 AM)
I'm not a Jpa scholar. But I'm interested to apply.
read online. but am still very helpless as to where to start applying.

Besides, I am enjoying my university scholarship. ( the basic amount, the higher amounts one will only be confirmed once I pass my university interview which is yet to be scheduled later on..)

Currently enrolled into Taylor's Bachelor of Biomedical Science course.
March intake, means I will start my study really soon (:

I saw some testimonies saying that Jpa scholars are sometimes given jobs they don't desire/interested in although they already emphasized their field of interest in the forms.
And then there's practically no way back... unless you fail in the interview session.. purposely lol..
then they won't hire you, hence you're in other words, freed from the bond.
( which I'm also curious is the interview a compulsory procedure for every offer from the authorities, or maybe it's due to the position offered?)
For IPTA, most of my biomedical friends not offered job by JPA after they graduated because no vacancy. Hence they free from the bond after one year.

Well, I'm not sure is it applicable to IPTS as well since the tuition fees are more expensive than IPTA. However, if you going private after grad, talentcorp is there to bond you if you working under one of the participating company.

+Quote Post
you90
post Mar 6 2014, 11:51 AM

Casual

For IPTA, most of my biomedical friends not offered job by JPA after they graduated because no vacancy. Hence they free from the bond after one year.

Well, I'm not sure is it applicable to IPTS as well since the tuition fees are more expensive than IPTA. However, if you going private after grad, talentcorp is there to bond you if you working under one of the participating company.

No bonds is imposed only if after 1 year? how true is it?

Are the JPA bond graduates made compulsary to apply jobs via SPA?

This post has been edited by you90: Mar 6 2014, 11:52 AM
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 6 2014, 12:47 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:51 AM)
No bonds is imposed only if after 1 year? how true is it?

Are the JPA bond graduates made compulsary to apply jobs via SPA?
You can read the contract. If JPA didn't offer you within 1 year. You are free. But now they know they lose a lot of talents using this system. That's why they established Talentcorp to hold them back. So, even though you can't bond with gov, you will bond with privates.
+Quote Post
you90
post Mar 6 2014, 01:50 PM

Casual

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 6 2014, 12:47 PM)
You can read the contract. If JPA didn't offer you within 1 year. You are free. But now they know they lose a lot of talents using this system. That's why they established Talentcorp to hold them back. So, even though you can't bond with gov, you will bond with privates.
Do we need to write back to JPA to confirm black and white about the free of bonding?

Somehow, that is what I feel the procedure would be:
1. After grads, lapor diri.
2. Then apply via SPA, the 5- 15 positions.
3. Depends on the maklumat pengambilan, each position will have different intake date, so they will call you based on the position u apply and the intake date.
4. You attend the interviews, they will do the shortlisting.
5. If shortlisted, then congratz. If no, wait for other call from other position u apply.
6. So, if the other call drag for after a year, it does NOT mean you have free from the bond, they will still call u up for interview for the position u apply.

+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 6 2014, 02:53 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(you90 @ Mar 6 2014, 01:50 PM)
Do we need to write back to JPA to confirm black and white about the free of bonding?

Somehow, that is what I feel the procedure would be:
1. After grads, lapor diri.
2. Then apply via SPA, the 5- 15 positions.
3. Depends on the maklumat pengambilan, each position will have different intake date, so they will call you based on the position u apply and the intake date.
4. You attend the interviews, they will do the shortlisting.
5. If shortlisted, then congratz. If no, wait for other call from other position u apply.
6. So, if the other call drag for after a year, it does NOT mean you have free from the bond, they will still call u up for interview for the position u apply.
ya, you can email JPA to confirm your bond status.. Well, my seniors did accept the interview from JPA however, no news. They waited for 2 years though..
+Quote Post
Little Birdie
post Mar 6 2014, 05:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(snowz28 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:41 AM)
HELLO (: thanks for replying.
Anyway, about your scholarship, is that another name for Jpa scholarship?
Haha sorry got a little confused over there..
Anyway.. what degree did you do? aircraft-related..?

Are you employed now? Yes or no, I hope you're doing equivalently well (:

Anyway, how "good" will I have to be to stand a chance in getting JPA?
I told some friends, and they laughed at me saying that JPA only sponsors top students ( mostly local instituition students) to complete their studies overseas then come back Malaysia to serve...

I'm not planning to fly overseas anytime soon. ( currently registered in Taylor's Biomedical Science course if that matters biggrin.gif march intake 2014)[COLOR=red]
And since you're a Jpa scholar, can you give me advices on where should I start doing..?
Oh boy I'm so lost ):
I saw the online application, and there are SO MANY information ):
Well that's the official name for overseas sponsorship, and there's Program Ijazah Dalam Negara too, but my contract says "Biasiswa Persekutuan" heheh . I did Aeronautics & Astronautics, jobless at the moment blush.gif

You never try you never know, I applied after SPM. 7 guys in my form 5 class (incl. me) got the sponsorship to study in a number of different countries. Our SPM results ranged from 9A's to 12A's but SPM isn't everything.

I'd say give it a try! Start by applying online I suppose? The most I could remember from the selection process is that there was a group interview and there was some sort of written test.
+Quote Post
sissykuek
post Mar 6 2014, 09:57 PM

Currently studying in local uni under jpa scholarship.If i wanna study master overseas(let say using my own money)after my degree, is it possible? Can i continue my bond after my master?

THANKSSSSSS
+Quote Post
Little Birdie
post Mar 6 2014, 10:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sissykuek @ Mar 6 2014, 09:57 PM)
Currently studying in local uni under jpa scholarship.If i wanna study master overseas(let say using my own money)after my degree, is it possible? Can i continue my bond after my master?

THANKSSSSSS
Talk to the JPA folks, they're pretty forthcoming. Requesting bond deferral shouldn't be too difficult. They might even consider sponsoring your Master's degree abroad, I'm sure something could be worked out. A friend of mine got JPA to continue sponsoring him for PhD right after his MEng.
+Quote Post
sissykuek
post Mar 6 2014, 11:56 PM

QUOTE(Little Birdie @ Mar 6 2014, 10:51 PM)
Talk to the JPA folks, they're pretty forthcoming. Requesting bond deferral shouldn't be too difficult. They might even consider sponsoring your Master's degree abroad, I'm sure something could be worked out. A friend of mine got JPA to continue sponsoring him for PhD right after his MEng.
okay that's great! thanks biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Omgf
post Mar 7 2014, 10:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 6 2014, 02:53 PM)
ya, you can email JPA to confirm your bond status.. Well, my seniors did accept the interview from JPA however, no news. They waited for 2 years though..
Your seniors waited for two years without a proper job?
Or having a secure job while waiting for the JPA job placement?
Im in dilemma either start to find a job in private sector first while waiting for jpa placement or need to wait for jpa.....
Coz impossible for me to be jobless for half a year to a year right, if wait for JPA placement?
Any suggestion?

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Little Birdie
post Mar 8 2014, 12:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Omgf @ Mar 7 2014, 10:58 PM)
Im in dilemma either start to find a job in private sector first while waiting for jpa placement or need to wait for jpa.....
Coz impossible for me to be jobless for half a year to a year right, if wait for JPA placement?
Any suggestion?
Don't waste time, start looking for a job. If you get employment in private sector chances are your employer is a participant in the STAR program and you can continue working in the private sector and you need to stay with that particular employer for the duration of your bond. You can even switch employers within the bond period provided you're switching to an employer that's also a participant.

Participating employers

+Quote Post
Omgf
post Mar 8 2014, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Little Birdie @ Mar 8 2014, 12:17 AM)
Don't waste time, start looking for a job. If you get employment in private sector chances are your employer is a participant in the STAR program and you can continue working in the private sector and you need to stay with that particular employer for the duration of your bond. You can even switch employers within the bond period provided you're switching to an employer that's also a participant.

Participating employers
Thank you for your information.
So I shall look for vacancy provided by these participating employers...
Should I inform them that if I found a job?
Either in the list of participating employers or not in the list?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Little Birdie
post Mar 8 2014, 12:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Omgf @ Mar 8 2014, 11:22 AM)
Thank you for your information.
So I shall look for vacancy provided by these participating employers...
Should I inform them that if I found a job?
Either in the list of participating employers or not in the list?
Yes, as long as you're registered with TalentCorp. There are some paperwork to be done, as always.

Also, from the briefing that I attended, if SPA offers you a job when you're already employed by a STAR participant, you can choose to remain in your private sector job or to take up the SPA offer. Either way, the 'bond' is still being 'served'.
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 8 2014, 02:05 PM

D3V1L

QUOTE(Omgf @ Mar 7 2014, 10:58 PM)
Any suggestion?
Of course no la.. I mean 2 years no job offer from JPA.
+Quote Post
calebtan
post Mar 9 2014, 12:03 AM

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 8 2014, 02:05 PM)
Of course no la.. I mean 2 years no job offer from JPA.
Then your senior had apply surat pelepasan after 2 years no news from JPA?
+Quote Post
louis6
post Mar 9 2014, 12:10 AM

D3V1L

QUOTE(calebtan @ Mar 9 2014, 12:03 AM)
Then your senior had apply surat pelepasan after 2 years no news from JPA?
I'm not sure. I didn't follow up with them now. Guess they lazy to do the paperwork and our profession no demand in gov sector laugh.gif
+Quote Post
calebtan
post Mar 9 2014, 12:42 AM

QUOTE(louis6 @ Mar 9 2014, 12:10 AM)
I'm not sure. I didn't follow up with them now. Guess they lazy to do the paperwork and our profession no demand in gov sector laugh.gif
It is ok.
Just wonder what is the procedure of apply pelepasan. hmm.gif
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3275sec    2.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:13 AM