> Problems with TP Link TL-WR941ND, unable to use wifi with openwrt (Wireless Problems)

deathninjax
post Jun 17 2012, 10:09 PM

Hello. can i ask about TP Link TL-WR941ND router. i can't seem to use it with the Unifi BTU. is the router not compatible with Unifi?

i tried the KLseet guide and flash it with open WRT. the only problem is the WiFi is unusable by saying it is disabled or not associated. I did exactly everything in the guide but when i try to set the wifi, it is unable to work. Can anyone tell me how to flash it properly? I can access the internet using LAN but not WiFi. Clicking on disable and enable in the WiFi page does nothing. It keeps saying it is disabled or not associated. Wasted RM109 buying the router. even the stock DIR 615 router is better as it did not give me any problems. I hope the experts here can help me with this problem. thank you.
-cRuZeR-
post Jun 25 2012, 08:21 PM

QUOTE(deathninjax @ Jun 17 2012, 10:09 PM)
Hello. can i ask about TP Link TL-WR941ND router. i can't seem to use it with the Unifi BTU. is the router not compatible with Unifi?

i tried the KLseet guide and flash it with open WRT. the only problem is the WiFi is unusable by saying it is disabled or not associated. I did exactly everything in the guide but when i try to set the wifi, it is unable to work. Can anyone tell me how to flash it properly? I can access the internet using LAN but not WiFi. Clicking on disable and enable in the WiFi page does nothing. It keeps saying it is disabled or not associated. Wasted RM109 buying the router. even the stock DIR 615 router is better as it did not give me any problems. I hope the experts here can help me with this problem. thank you.
I too am having the same problem. I can use the internet using cables just fine but i cant connect using wifi. Ive been following the exact guide from klseet.com on how to flash with a custom firmware for unifi. I really hope someone could really help me on this cause i too just spend RM109 at all-IT for this router just so i could play diablo disconnect free.

toh2020
post Jun 25 2012, 09:56 PM

while awaiting solution. why not you disable the wifi on dir-615. configure the TP Link TL-WR941ND as access point. connected to dir-615. at least you won't waste money this way.
kaisam
post Jun 26 2012, 12:18 PM

u can set back TL-WR941ND to factory firmware.

Then set the DIR-615 to VLAN bridge mode, use TL-WR941ND as normall PPPOE mode.

http://unifi.athena.my/custom_routers.php

nudgetman
post Jun 26 2012, 02:19 PM

few days ago me n my fren bought this router.. we had the same problem as deathninjax..

so i tried n tried and have found a solution.. biggrin.gif it's abit complicated but if u want to use ur wifi, i dont think u would mind tongue.gif

the problem i think (coz i not so pro hahaha) is maybe bcoz the setting from Rizvanrp that i used from KLSeet website doesnt include the wifi setting or didnt update the router driver for this particular model.. i dont know n not quite sure.. pros pls correct me if i'm wrong..

the solution for me:

1st, go here Trunk - UniFi Setup

folo the steps there until the Install LuCI Webgui.

2nd, in PuTTy, after installing luci, write this code

CODE
opkg update

wait for it to update...

CODE
opkg install kmod-ath9k wpad-mini

wait for it to install...

CODE
reboot

let it reboot

3rdly, continue on the tutorial on setting up unifi as in KLSeet website here

continue on from Setup UniFi [ Internet Vlan.500 & IPTV Vlan.600 ]

i havent tried IPTV since i dun use it but i've the speedtest on both wired and wifi connection, both working well and great..

i didnt want to use kaisam's way (no offence bro smile.gif ) coz to me it defeats the purpose of me buying this router to me.. coz my DIR-615 router is crap adi..

hope this helps guys.. rclxms.gif
deathninjax
post Jun 30 2012, 12:27 AM

nudgetman's way works. wifi and iptv on port 4 are working. thanks for the help. now i'm a happy TP-Link WR941ND user.
Qamarzamsyawal
post Sep 17 2012, 09:46 PM

guys, i cant get iptv to work on this. i follow nudgetman method oso
NooBiE888
post Sep 28 2012, 08:35 PM

QUOTE(Qamarzamsyawal @ Sep 17 2012, 09:46 PM)
guys, i cant get iptv to work on this. i follow nudgetman method oso
Make sure you connect the lan cable for the IPTV to lan port 4 on the router.

Also, make sure your firewall settings are as the attached picture.

Mine just flash this week and is working fine except for a tiny wifi bug due to OPENWRT.

PS: I assume you already have installed LuCI on the TPLINK router.

0.0703sec    1.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 07:51 AM