Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FLOWER FLOWER, YUI The Official Thread ~V2~

views

avanpiper
post Dec 10 2014, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

I just gave this a listen last night. It's actually quite good! It's obviously an experimental band for her but I feel like she knows exactly the kind of direction she wanted with this decision. I was expecting to stop listening after the first few tracks judging from what some have mentioned here, but I actually went on and listened to the full album. Some tracks that stood out for me atm are Toumena Uta, Sui Teki, Subarashii Sekai, Hikari. I really like the style they're heading for. It's not as electronic as people say tbh, it's got some grunge, rock and some very ethereal sounding tracks. I especially love Suiteki (a drop of water) with just her vocals and minimal instrumentals.

I think this is a good decision for her to halt her solo activities and venture into something fresh and different because I'll be honest, I wasn't into her past few releases before the hiatus, I felt like she has hit a wall and couldn't gain anymore inspiration for her music. So I'm glad this band allowed her try things she hasn't done before. I totally dig the indie sound. The way she half whispers when she sings works great for this album.

avanpiper
post Apr 7 2015, 01:15 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

^ That's sad to hear! if the busy schedule and lack of respect for yui's health from the company is true, then Sony's to blame and should take some responsibility for what they've done to her. I hope she gets the rest and medical attention she needs. Even if she's not able to make music in the future, I hope she gets well because more than anything, I think her fans want her to be healthy and enjoy life.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0255sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2022 - 01:06 PM