Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where should i buy wedding ring, Wedding ring

views

lowyatter
post Sep 25 2014, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

Please look at more than just Colour and Clarity for diamonds.

Cut/Polish/Symmetry is equally or even more important when it comes to the overall "wow" factor of a diamond.

EX/EX/EX should be #1 priority, then only colour and clarity. GIA cert is also a must.

This post has been edited by lowyatter: Sep 25 2014, 03:05 PM
lowyatter
post Sep 30 2014, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 29 2014, 01:13 PM)
Another question, usually proposal is done with the diamond ring, then only shop for wedding band together?

What if I get the size slightly wrong, can modify after proposal?
Yes, propose with engagement (diamond) ring, then get wedding bands (his and hers) for the registration.

If you buy your ring from a shop that custom makes them, you can bring it back to modify. Big stores like Wah Chan should be able to resize without too much cost.

Strongly suggest not to buy from Tiffany. You're paying only for the brand name. In the end, white gold is still white gold, and diamonds are still diamonds. No point in paying premium for a Tiffany brand.

This post has been edited by lowyatter: Sep 30 2014, 03:31 PM
lowyatter
post Sep 30 2014, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 30 2014, 03:31 PM)
Thanks for the advice bro. But my girl has strongly hinted on the Tiffany's, so I think better not "take the risk" lol. What about Diamond ring from Tiffany's then wedding band from other brand?
Do you really think your gf can tell the difference between a F VS1 EX/EX/EX from Wah Chan and a F VS 1 EX/EX/EX from Tiffany?

Also take note that Tiffany might charge you 100% more for the same size. I'm just comparing from the posts above:

Eunayco's (never heard of them, but if they have GIA cert should be fine)
.50ct / F / VS2/ 3Ex / None / price @ RM6,800

VS

Tiffany
0.4 H VS2 RM 12k+

Would your gf really prefer a smaller 0.40 carat from Tiffany that is 2x more expensive than a 0.50 from Eunayco?

*edit*

Set a budget for yourself, then buy the best diamond you can for that budget. Don't look at brands, look at the gem itself.

This post has been edited by lowyatter: Sep 30 2014, 03:37 PM
lowyatter
post Sep 30 2014, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 30 2014, 03:38 PM)
Hmm, you make a great point there. I really need to do more research on this issue.

You mind if I PM you if I have any questions regarding this topic? smile.gif
No problems, but I'm not an expert or in the jewellry industry, I just did a lot of research before buying my wife's ring.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:58 PM