Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Proton Prevé V11, Place where facts are shared, not hatred

views

izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

First page again..lolz

By the way..a very good morning to all...
izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Jun 12 2012, 01:26 PM)
agreed rclxms.gif  if elantra 1.8HS were price at 100k, i would also consider it. but turn me off was no auto fold side mirror.hahahaa.

new pug 408 not bad...but still forte 2.0 value for money in terms of foreign car.
Yupp..for foreign car, Forte 2.0 suits the term value for money very well.

Now..already got 2 value for money cars in my garage..the Forte 2.0 & the Preve CFE..hehe thumbup.gif
izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(shelby_yong @ Jun 12 2012, 02:25 PM)
which 1 better?
forte or preve.
Hmmm..that's a hard question to answer frankly. Better in term of what that are u looking for actually? Power, acceleration, handling, features, interior etc... tongue.gif
izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(shelby_yong @ Jun 12 2012, 02:39 PM)
overall lo..
haha
I need to drive the Preve for some more time before i can make any conclusion. It is too early i guess. Not fair for the Preve to judge her with only several days of owning it. Preve yet to do the first service..so yet to test it to the full as of now..hehe

This post has been edited by izputra: Jun 12 2012, 03:31 PM
izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

Preveans..can we somehow set the side mirrors to unfold when we unlock the car or when we start the engine? Currently, the side mirrors will only unfold when we start to drive forward..but not when we are in reverse gear. It's quite inconvenience to press the unfold button every time i reverse the car. Hope the BCM of this car has this option. Yet to read the manual completely..quite busy lately. So need to ask Preveans here for fast answer wink.gif
izputra
post Jun 12 2012, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(duan @ Jun 12 2012, 05:03 PM)
one scenario, what if you park in shopping mall and your side mirror folded, then came one guy park really near to you, you don't even have a space to unfold your side mirror, if auto unfold sure "Prak"
Highly unlikely to have this scenario i have to say..his side mirror will "prak" first (when he park his car) if he ever did this (park really near)

This post has been edited by izputra: Jun 12 2012, 05:17 PM
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Junn @ Jun 12 2012, 05:51 PM)
just press 1 button only, how inconvenience can it be? Less than 2 secs tongue.gif
Yeahh..i agree. But this introduce the unnecessary step (pressing the button) when reversing the car EVERYTIME (each time after u unlock the car). For me, i still prefer the side mirror to unfold automatically when we unlock the car, start the car or when we put the gear in R & D positions. I'm sure u will also prefer such convenience right? tongue.gif

Added on June 13, 2012, 8:09 am
QUOTE(archiq @ Jun 12 2012, 05:57 PM)
for me i prefer the mirror to unfold only when start moving either forward or reverse... other than that, it should be manually operation, whether locking or unlocking...
thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by izputra: Jun 13 2012, 08:11 AM
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Junn @ Jun 13 2012, 08:19 AM)
Agree but that said, I prefer lots of thing as well, such as the the position lights become DRL, NVH better, better soft touch material, and I especially don't mind paying extra 10k to have additional 3 more airbags and maybe leather seats.

Who here same page with me? I don't mind they charge extra 5k for 2 more airbags or 10k with 3 more airbags, soft touch all around and leather seats.

Btw, the fold/unfold button no lights tongue.gif sorry for the confusion
I'm same page with u. Willing to fork out extra money for extra safety & features especially the extra airbags, leather seats, reverse camera & better sound insulation for the engine. My wife & I also like the electric power steering..very light steering effort at stationary or low speed, heavier at high speed in which i wish the Preve has it (it can saves fuel too).

Sigh..no light also for fold/unfold button on my car. Initially i though mine is defective..but after confirmation from others, it's indeed normal. sweat.gif
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(valence @ Jun 13 2012, 10:30 AM)
Haha I always like the avatar
Btw started get boring here, may ask the boss bring me to summit or pyramid  icon_question.gif
Yeahh..sure boring. U have to wait there for several hours. I remembered last time, i send my car at around 10.30am & ended up collecting the car @ 6.30pm..lolz. But that time, already got 2 cars that came earlier than me. I wait for about 1 hour initially & then asked Mr. Choong to send me to the Summit..so bored waiting..cannot tahan already tongue.gif

Added on June 13, 2012, 11:18 am
QUOTE(maverickng @ Jun 13 2012, 11:07 AM)
maybe sedan car from perodua rclxms.gif
Perhaps..who knows

This post has been edited by izputra: Jun 13 2012, 11:20 AM
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Junn @ Jun 13 2012, 01:53 PM)
Just sit on a brand new Forte 1.6 SX, aircon cacat, very hot for some reason -.- almost faint.

Leg room, preve win.

Fit and finish, Forte win all the way, no krek krek krek sound.

Road noise preve better although not much, due to CVT jet engine sound.

FC 10.4l/100km, travel road almost same as me, so it's more or less same with us
Very much agree on the legroom especially on the rear seat..Preve definitely win in this area. Very spacious i must say.

Fit & finish..Forte is more refined absolutely.

Road noise however, due to the Forte standard 17" rims with wider & low profile tyres, Preve might has an edge in this area though as u said..not by much. Forte used hard compound tyres with treadwear of 400 as compared to Preve 360 (if i'm not mistaken). Harder tyres usually = more noise. However, for my Forte, i already downgraded the rims to 16" & used a softer tyre compound with treadwear of 320. Now the road noise is reduced significantly..comparable to Preve if not better. For engine noise..it's a clear win..i believe u can guess which car is tongue.gif

For aircond..i did not know why it is hot (on your Forte that u driven). Lemon car i guess..lolz. If the aircond is set to auto mode (for Forte), perhaps the outdoor air intake mode is automatically activated thus introducing fresh (& hot) outdoor air into the cabin..this however, will effect the cooling efficiency. This will happen in auto mode if the set temperature & the ambient temperature is set to close to each other (say set @ 25C & ambient is 27C). Mine, the aircond works perfectly for 2 years+ now & i always leave the blower speed to be controlled automatically by the aircond system..the other functionality, i set it manually.

Again as compared to my Forte, Preve auto aircond is somehow not fully auto per say. I notice that Preve auto aircond only control the blower speed automatically but not the other functionality such as the vents selection (i.e. face, feet, face+feet or front windshield) & the air circulation mode (internal air circulation or outdoor air intake). I've noticed this on my trip to Teluk Intan last weeked (with the Preve), but yet to purposely test it for confirmation regarding this behaviour.

Need to stress about this also, each time the aircond compressor kicks in, all the car's lighting will dim including the headlight..this also happen to my previous Wira & Waja. Forte did not have this dimming characteristics due to its dual-clutch aircond compressor that kicks in very lightly & quietly (no humming compressor sound). During driving, the compressor kicks in without u ever notice it. However, if this dual-clutch aircond compressor kong some day, it will cost Forte owners a nuclear bomb..lolz
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(duan @ Jun 13 2012, 03:52 PM)
If you think rattling or other sound is major issue that holding you from driving the car
And you have to immediate sent your car to SC to fix the problem without able to wait for next service.
I think go for Vios, it's proven for reliability
Nowdays..the SEA made Toyota is not as good as the previous JDM Toyota. Our Toyota is a third world Toyota. My father's Vios also suffer some problems though it's just a tin kosong Vios J..no state to the art features whatsoever. This Vios suffers minor rattling at front passenger door, misaligned steering wheel & problematic alarm system. Since that this car is a really basic car..it surely be less problematic in the first place as compared to other cars that comes with so many features & toys to play around
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 10:43 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

A rare sight.. thumbup.gif

Attached Image
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Jun 13 2012, 11:03 PM)
Cantik  wub.gif  wub.gif Kenape tak ajak Inspira kat belakang sana amik gambar sekalian?  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Oh ya la..i should snap with the Inspira also tongue.gif Anyway..i did not kenal the Inspira owner. So just snap my very own car brows.gif Very sharp eye la u bro notworthy.gif
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 11:15 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Saya_Dhuang @ Jun 13 2012, 10:48 PM)
thumbup.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

Rare indeed since both are completing each other...
Yalor..like my wife & i are completing each other..same like our cars..lolz tongue.gif

Added on June 13, 2012, 11:16 pm
QUOTE(maverickng @ Jun 13 2012, 11:14 PM)
shocking.gif  crystal number plate rm150?i dunno the price cos SA free give me d sweat.gif
i tot is rm20-30 sad.gif
nvm la...go do biasa de plate ok le sad.gif
For front only, i think the price should be easily less than RM100...

This post has been edited by izputra: Jun 13 2012, 11:21 PM
izputra
post Jun 13 2012, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

Another rare sight at lower front brows.gif

Attached Image
izputra
post Jun 14 2012, 03:45 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Area51SE @ Jun 14 2012, 03:31 PM)
Latest update from SA, the car is arriving to the showroom in 2 hours. However, I'll only collect it tomorrow. Don't really have the time today. Getting excited rclxm9.gif
Congrats bro..finally your time is come..it surely worth the wait i must say thumbup.gif

izputra
post Jun 15 2012, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

At Alor Setar SC now..doing the first service. As usual, it's my wife's car but i'm the one who will do the service sweat.gif Bored waiting from 8am. Luckily got free Wifi...

By the way, the Preve already got long & deep scratch at lower rear bumper yesterday. My wife parked the car at her office at usual space & got reckless driver reverse his/her car & hit the Preve..dont know who did that, else sure kena fucuk by my wife...
izputra
post Jun 18 2012, 01:09 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Dark Adam @ Jun 18 2012, 08:52 AM)
send my car to service center for 1k svc (actually 892km only), on svc order form the guy tick 5 thing, he said the cost are below rm200.. i just say okay, as long my preve is no problem..

1)engine oil
2)oil filter
3)oil pan drain plug gasket
4)engine treatment
5)screen wash

are this standard?...
No..engine treatment is not a standard item. My 1st service only cost me about RM133..no engine treatment & screen washer liquid. i opted for the Syntium 800 10W 30 semi syn engine oil that's good until the 2nd service @ 10k km. I actually asking the SC personnel whether Preve need to come for 2nd service @ 5k km if i use semi syn engine oil & the answer is "No", the service interval is still 10k km though we use the semi syn engine oil.

Initially plan to opt for fully syn engine oil, but the fully syn Syntium 1000 that the SC used got 15W 50 in specifications. It's thicker oil (the fully syn Syntium 1000) than the semi syn (Syntium 800) oil. Asking if they provide the Syntium 3000 instead..but none. So i just opt the Syntium 800 tongue.gif
izputra
post Jun 18 2012, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(Dark Adam @ Jun 18 2012, 01:51 PM)
mybad, even engine oil i did'nt choose, i let them to choose  cry.gif .. whats wrong with me today rclxub.gif
Use your right bro as long as it does not breach the warranty terms..we are the customers anyway smile.gif
izputra
post Jun 18 2012, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(my1508 @ Jun 18 2012, 02:38 PM)
fully sync already Rm200++. so ur total service is normal
Agreed...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0568sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled