Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Buying Advice FZ30, FZ20, FZ5 or Nikon D50, budget rm 3000 max

views

TSnelson_hew
post Jan 16 2006, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

QUOTE(babyk @ Jan 15 2006, 03:54 PM)
well...if you buy D50,i can recommend you my friend's shop in Sg Wang to you smile.gif

D50 kit lens sux to the max
i used to own D50 and D70s together now moving forward to D2x

18-55 is having limitation...since it is not and IF lens,you will find that it is not that nice smile.gif and the aperture rate is not good. when you hit 55mm...you pics will have slightly soft and not sharp.

the basic lens you need is a prime lens,wide angle lens for lanscape and tele-zoom lens for indoor and outdoor shoot out

the lens is a necessary!!! smile.gif

if you want to know more...i can teach you more wink.gif
so erm buy the D50 body only and buy other lens right?well is ur fren's shop can help me with tht? u know la budget quite tight. dont think it would be enuf to buy a wide angle lens and tele zoom lens and the D50 body all in rm3k rite? coz i still need to buy a SD card and another 3rd party battery for spare use. would like to buy this week...im hands are itching for it hahaha drool.gif .so babyk when u free this week or u juz pm me ur fren shop and i go there hehe thumbup.gif

thanks for the help babyk and the rest of u guys, u've been great..cheers to all LY kaki's thumbup.gif notworthy.gif
BurgaFlippinMan
post Jan 16 2006, 11:42 PM

Wachaaa!
6,486 posts

QUOTE(nelson_hew @ Jan 16 2006, 09:47 PM)
so erm buy the D50 body only and buy other lens right?well is ur fren's shop can help me with tht? u know la budget quite tight. dont think it would be enuf to buy a wide angle lens and tele zoom lens and the D50 body all in rm3k rite? coz i still need to buy a SD card and another 3rd party battery for spare use. would like to buy this week...im hands are itching for it hahaha drool.gif .so babyk when u free this week or u juz pm me ur fren shop and i go there hehe thumbup.gif

thanks for the help babyk and the rest of u guys, u've been great..cheers to all LY kaki's thumbup.gif  notworthy.gif
perhaps you can nick a used 18-70 DX from someone on the net. that lens should easily beat the 18-55. while i have no experience with the 18-55, it cant be all that bad, but i guess you'll be wanting more soon so the best budget starter would be a 18-70. dunno about u but i think that single lens should keep you occupied enough until u get some moolah for a telephoto. you probably can ditch the spare battery too.
TSnelson_hew
post Jan 18 2006, 12:49 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

eh haha now considering konica minolta 5D...haiyo...so many choices........btw the 2nd hand D50 with nikon 18-70mm dx is sold (posted 2 days only) sad.gif so now looking at KM 5D...
ajay67
post Jan 18 2006, 03:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

i wish my mum can buy me a DSLR too like yours smile.gif

i think KM 5D is a good choice too since you mentioned OIS earlier.
since you want to take low light indoor, get yourself 50mm prime for rm390

TSnelson_hew
post Jan 23 2006, 03:55 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

HAHAHA bought my D50 liao, thanks u guys for taking time to give me advises. Cheers

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:55 AM