Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Racing Need for Speed Most Wanted, another Criterion game

views

Invince_Z
post Jun 28 2012, 12:27 AM

!M4 !3eY0nC! 1337!!!!
2,747 posts

QUOTE(Cheesenium @ Jun 9 2012, 05:08 PM)
A lot of things are wrong with Criterion.

- They lie all the time. Was Hot Pursuit a good game? No. The game was terrible in so many ways and regardless of that, both Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted won numerous awards at trade shows for some strange reasons. Hot Pursuit was a shallow, uninteresting game.
- Hot Pursuit single player was meaningless. There is no purpose at all and there arent even a quick race mode to setup your own races.
- Multiplayer was equally bad. Lack of depth and car balancing is just terrible.
- PC support is non-existent with ATi card performance issue still persist today.
- Expensive cars DLCs like 9.99USD for a handful of cars, while PC do not get any DLCs at all.
- Cars handles like tanks on rails and i am not expecting realistic rFactor styled physics. Just something that is fun to drive, but the physics just get in the way of the fun.
- Exclusive cars like Cayman and a couple for 360. Why cant the PC and PS3 players get the same content that they have paid? We all paid 60USD for the rubbish game.

The Run is another piece of shit. To be honest, NFS franchise died after Shift 2 released. At least SMS knows how to make a decent racing game that is fun to drive, despite its all only closed track.

Criterion thinks they are good, but the truth is, they are just terrible at making decent games.
sry to say, imo, shift2 sux. i only play few hours then totally forgot about it.

the reason nfs hot pursuit 2010 sux so much is because of the on-rail handling...try playing nfshp2. the feel is totally different. the only nfs i didn't enjoy is undercover (finish coz nothing else to do), shift2...didn't play nitro, and ddin't give a single shyiet for the run. the nfs i most enjoy is the porsche unleashed. man..that was really good, and then comes nfsIIse. nfsworld is for killing time, no longer played since 3-4 months ago. i didn't really like previous most wanted, but its story is good, handling wasn't as bad as nfs nowadays...so i still play till end.

QUOTE(ulwan25 @ Jun 9 2012, 07:29 PM)
now I see it.. marketing demand too much?? I was stoked with the Hot Pursuit graphics, but wasn't the concept of no-storyline is the concept taken from the original Hot Pursuit game?? no modifications, just raceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and Shift 1 and 2 is all about raceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee also

I played Shift 1 only, but so far the most realest car physics game ever played! but still, Most Wanted is a must play for me!  cool.gif
try gt5/forza/rfactor/lfs tongue.gif nfs realistic-ness is light years away

why don't ea just combine every little bit of goods from each nfs into one? like...handling from porsche unleashed, gfx from shift2, tuning from undeground 2, courses from each nfs series, customization (including autosculpt) as in underground2 and most wanted, g-force effect from shift2, the autolog from shift2....and so on.

This post has been edited by Invince_Z: Jun 28 2012, 12:28 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0108sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 PM