Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Marvel Presents: BLACK PANTHER, Confirmed! CHADWICK BOSEMAN (3/11/2017) (Movies)

defaultname365
post Feb 19 2018, 04:42 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(zuhaili87 @ Feb 17 2018, 05:37 PM)
All I can say is, this movie is fcking awesome, it felt like a typical Marvel movie but it’s not. It’s quite fresh to see all those Wakanda awesome tech. Awesome as always, Marvel. As a DC fanboy, I am so dissapointed with DC. I rate Black Panther 5/5! Freaking dope OST as well. Wakanda Foreva!
Black Panther was really refreshing... I dub it as Marvel's Game of Thrones biggrin.gif

Watched JL over the weekend and honestly, what a blow out. Like a Saturday morning show what with all the Sharkboy & Lavagirl weird blur/coloration.
+Newbie+
post Feb 19 2018, 08:41 PM

To be needed as The Sand's Kazekage
Group Icon
Group: Staff

You can blame that stupid coloration on the WB executives. They really screwed it up badly. And Whedon/Snyder get all the blame.
ZeneticX
post Feb 19 2018, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Watched it yesterday

7/10 movie for me, was expecting more mind blowing action scenes but the best ones are already shown in the trailer

most memorable part for me was the ending credits animation and the song

I would say this is one of the best if not the best ending credits for any movie I've watched
greyshadow
post Feb 21 2018, 11:47 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!

it's refreshing, but it's still pretty much Marvel
but I still prefer CA:CW over BP

both have humanized villains, not truly evil on world domination, but both are wreaking a path of destruction on his way to personal vengeance

demio121
post Feb 21 2018, 04:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

while i think this is not a bad movie, i don't think this is all the hype i read online. this is above average to me. The is the Marvel formula but slight departure from the one liner joke and a bit serious.

BP is definitely more serious compared to the other Marvel (apart from CA: CW) but this is far from the dark/mature theme of dark knight trilogy. Chris Nolan dark knight trilogy is still the best adult/mature superhero execution. I don't expect Marvel to veer off their proven formula much. Marvel caters for a wide wide audience (the cinema is was in, full of kids chatting thru 2hr of the movie...!!!).

the whole movie is pretty predictable, as in all marvel. CA:CW was a bit of a departure but i feel the rest are all following same formula. you can pretty much predict is coming next in BP. what was refreshing is the backdrop being an African nation and blending a futuristic setting with African culture. the costume design in particular is impressive. old + new.

overall, i would gv this a 7.5/10.

lord_aminkin
post Feb 21 2018, 09:43 PM

♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫

Watch it twice now and loving it much more the 2nd time as when 1st time watching it still processing it felt kinda ok. I guess this movie will not resonate much with Malaysian, at least among my peers. Most of them thought its was over hype, story was draggy and cry for lack of comedy and action sequence. Also maybe because of the cultural differences. This movie is an important representation of the black community there and why it is more hype over there in the states.

Me on the other hand, think it was a great viewing experience with enough action and powerful message through the drama. And not forgetting the performances throught out the movie is top notch with female actress I think outperform the male actors a bit. Some of the reviwer think Michael B Jordan is doing better than Chadwick Boseman but I'm more impressed with the latter.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

For me I think this movie edges CA:WS and CA:CW a bit as its has more impact on me I think. Also the soundtrack is pure awesome. But of course this movie is not perfect, there are some negatives albeit minor one. There is not much of Wakanda and those vibranium technologies is so out of this world I can't fathom how on earth they manage to incorporate it with ours. Its like its at a whim of the writers how they want it to be without it being grouded to reality. And some of the CGI is quite subpar. Totally just nitpicking anything tongue.gif

All in all, it is a great movie if not the best one. Totally worth watching it on the big screen. Currently already breaking records left and right in the US.

This post has been edited by lord_aminkin: Feb 21 2018, 09:45 PM
Mov_freak
post Feb 21 2018, 11:24 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

Black Panther 2018 (Addendum)

After watching it again
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

defaultname365
post Feb 22 2018, 01:48 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4

Black Panther Is The Best Reviewed Film Of All Time
Beats 'Wizard of Oz' As Rotten Tomatoes' Best Movie Ever

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-rotten...movie-all-time/

user posted image

user posted image

Black Panther Box Office Blows Past Justice League in Just 4 Days
Staggeringly Impressive $235 Million Domestic Debut

https://movieweb.com/black-panther-movie-bo...justice-league/

user posted image

Will Smith: ‘Black Panther damn near brought me to TEARS’

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-will-smith-reaction/

user posted image

Smith took some time off while filming his next project, Gemini Man, and watched the latest Marvel flick. In his latest Instagram post, he did a roll call of the cast (plus Coogler) of Black Panther and giddily congratulated them with the massive success of the movie. “What you have done is spectacular. I watched the film a couple of days ago and damn near got brought to tears. You guys have challenged and potentially even shattered a lot of long-time, long-held, false Hollywood beliefs and paradigms. I just wanna say congratulations to you. I’m proud, I’m excited, damn near giddy. Congrats, y’all,” he said, ending it with the Wakandan salute. The veteran actor also passed on the advice that the late great Nelson Mandela told him regarding how to use his platform as an artist to impact people’s lives in the clip’s caption

View here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbXfUSnDg1/?ut...est&action=save

skystrike
post Feb 22 2018, 11:36 AM

back to normal

one unanswered question is my mind..

how howard stark managed to get the vibranium in 1940' to make CA shield if wakanda is in total isolation?
greyshadow
post Feb 22 2018, 01:52 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!

Vibranium exist outside Wakanda, but in very limited quantity
or from the past artifacts, like the antique pick axe
Mikeshashimi
post Feb 23 2018, 11:35 AM

Escape|Artist

to me... it was... kinda.. meh?

Perhaps because I went in with super high expectations due to the ongoing hype surrounding the movie.
ximaraka
post Feb 23 2018, 12:06 PM

Group: Newbie

The movie has a lot of positive reviews. Is it worth it?
uk15029
post Feb 23 2018, 04:58 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ximaraka @ Feb 23 2018, 01:06 PM)
No
Overrated

skylinelover
post Feb 23 2018, 09:57 PM

Pro Racing Kakis😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎Investor

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Feb 22 2018, 01:48 AM)
Black Panther Is The Best Reviewed Film Of All Time
Beats 'Wizard of Oz' As Rotten Tomatoes' Best Movie Ever

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-rotten...movie-all-time/
haha guess its bye bye IMDB liao laugh.gif doh.gif

I wont be buying their top 250 ever again hahahaha
lord_aminkin
post Yesterday, 06:51 AM

♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫~♫

QUOTE(ximaraka @ Feb 23 2018, 12:06 PM)
Go see it for yourself. Its worth the ticket admission at least I can guarantee you that much. Its a good movie, some not enjoying it prolly because its not their cup of tea. Manage your expectations and you'll be fine.

This post has been edited by lord_aminkin: Yesterday, 06:54 AM
ximaraka
post Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(lord_aminkin @ Feb 24 2018, 06:51 AM)
Go see it for yourself. Its worth the ticket admission at least I can guarantee you  that much. Its a good movie, some not enjoying it prolly because its not their cup of tea. Manage your expectations and you'll be fine.
Oh thank for your comment.

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0793sec    2.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 10:11 AM