Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies WRECK-IT RALPH: Movies Discussion Thread, Update: Sequel is in development!

views

TSfiredauz
post Jun 6 2012, 01:07 PM, updated 12y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

user posted image

Sauce: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/05/chu...wreck-it-ralph/
You’ll hear a lot of people saying something like this over the next few months:

Wreck-It Ralph looks set to do for video games what Toy Story did for toys.

And they might be right. The idea stems from the film’s  wealth of in-jokes, references and cameos from video game greats.

If you click through to make this fresh image full-sized you could probably get lost trying to work out who everybody in the background is, crossing the big central plaza, “Game Central Station”. I know I did, and I still only recognised one or two, if I can even be sure of those.

user posted image

The characters up front are more readily identifiable, with Ralph himself on the left, Q-Bert looking pretty desperate to the right, a couple of Street Fighters over on the side with their backs to us, and so on.

got Chun-Li and Zangief on the left side biggrin.gif

This is definitely a must watch after the superb trilogy of TOY STORY thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by firedauz: Mar 5 2013, 11:13 AM
hairyLGS
post Jun 7 2012, 01:05 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/game-on-in-...wreck-it-ralph/

Game On in First Trailer for Wreck-it Ralph

user posted image

Wreck-it Ralph is sort of like Donkey Kong, I guess, except he’s not a hairy ape. That seems to be the premise of Disney’s “Wreck-it Ralph”, which asks the question: “What happens if the bad guy in your favorite video game decides he’s had enough of being the bad guy?” It’s definitely one of those high-concept that sells a script, like, “What if your toys came to life when you weren’t around?” The trailer for “Wreck-it Ralph” looks pretty good, though I really, really have to ask studios to stop forcing their actors to introduce their trailers. It’s really pointless and awkward and really, really unnecessary.

Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly, “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby,” “Step Brothers”) is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer, “30 Rock”), the “good guy” star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades doing the same thing andseeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he’s tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.

On his quest, he meets the tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch, TV’s “Glee”) from the first-person action game Hero’s Duty. But it’s the feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman, “The Sarah Silverman Program”) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, whose world is threatened when Ralph accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens the entire arcade. Will Ralph realize his dream and save the day before it’s too late?

Featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, and directed by Rich Moore.

Ralph wrecks it for the last time November 2, 2012 .

Theatrical Trailer

This post has been edited by hairyLGS: Sep 14 2012, 06:24 PM
greyshadow
post Jul 4 2012, 10:56 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

saw this trailer before the Spiderman movie

a must watch for me as a gamer! thumbup.gif
hairyLGS
post Sep 14 2012, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/ralph-still...-a-new-trailer/

Ralph Still Wreckin’ it In a New Trailer

user posted image

Whoever came up with the idea for “Wreck-It Ralph” probably sold this thing in one day. I mean, who doesn’t love the idea of a game character deciding he’s tired of constantly being the bad guy and rebelling? That’s just cool. One of those “million dollar movie ideas”. The movie adaptation actually looks pretty good, too. Check out a new trailer for “Wreck-It Ralph” below, plus some new images if you’ve got the time to kill.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore comes “Wreck-It Ralph,” a hilarious, arcade-game-hopping adventure. For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has been overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, Jr. (voice of Jack McBrayer), the good-guy star of their game who always gets to save the day. Tired of playing the role of a bad guy, Ralph takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a journey across the arcade through multiple generations of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.

On his quest, Ralph meets tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero’s Duty, and feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, who may just be his first real friend. But everything changes when a deadly enemy is unleashed, threatening the entire arcade and Vanellope herself. Ralph finally gets his chance to save the day—but can he do it in time? “Wreck-It Ralph” crashes onto the big screen on November 2, 2012, in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
Starring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, and Jane Lynch.

Ralph goes from zero to hero on November 2, 2012.

Theatrical Trailer #2
erald06
post Sep 14 2012, 08:25 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

Awesome! Zangief, M.Bison, Browser, Smoke, Kano, Dr.Robotnic,Sonic and the Zombie from House of the dead! Must watch!
TSfiredauz
post Sep 22 2012, 01:52 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Zangief is unexpectedly quite the talkative Street Fighter... even speaks good English haha
sol_badguy
post Sep 22 2012, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

Looks like a good movie!
ray148
post Oct 19 2012, 06:03 PM

Casual
445 posts

Another thing to look forward to...Paperman short.
It's a cell-shaded CGI made to look like a traditional 2D animation style. Looks GREAT!!

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by ray148: Oct 19 2012, 06:04 PM
V3nz
post Oct 19 2012, 06:38 PM

Chuck to teh rescue !!
2,367 posts

QUOTE(ray148 @ Oct 19 2012, 06:03 PM)
It's a cell-shaded CGI made to look like a traditional 2D animation style. Looks GREAT!!

user posted image

user posted image
wow, look good
ftf87
post Oct 21 2012, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

user posted image

user posted image
looks great. BY the way for a disney animation they are not promoting Wreck it ralph well
defaultname365
post Oct 21 2012, 07:44 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I adore decisions like this - black and white, yet it looks stunningly 'modern'. Should be brilliant.

As for the film, it was one of those "Why didn't anyone think of doing this??"...

Would PIXAR ever do anything like this? No.

tonYe
post Nov 28 2012, 02:03 AM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

Just came back from the screening... and I was disappointed to find that there aren't many scenes with classic video game characters involved. In fact, they're only featured in the first 10 minutes or so. Kiddish humour almost throughout the film.
Claire Farron
post Nov 28 2012, 08:10 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Nov 28 2012, 02:03 AM)
Just came back from the screening... and I was disappointed to find that there aren't many scenes with classic video game characters involved. In fact, they're only featured in the first 10 minutes or so. Kiddish humour almost throughout the film.
Did you watched it on 3d? If yes, then was the 3d worth it?
defaultname365
post Nov 28 2012, 01:56 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Nov 28 2012, 02:03 AM)
Whoa... really? From the trailer it seems there would be plenty of video game characters, and to me it was marketed to appear that way.

Was hoping to catch two movies this weekend. Based on RT and Meta, it seems pretty good, and thus far I have not been disappointed with any animated flicks this year ("Brave", "Paranorman" and "Frankeenweenie" this year).

Most likely to watch it anyways.

tonYe
post Nov 28 2012, 09:16 PM

Game Designer
1,455 posts

QUOTE(Claire Farron @ Nov 28 2012, 08:10 AM)
Did you watched it on 3d? If yes, then was the 3d worth it?
Didn't watch it in 3D but seems like it's really well produced for 3D screenings.

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Nov 28 2012, 01:56 PM)
Whoa... really? From the trailer it seems there would be plenty of video game characters, and to me it was marketed to appear that way.

Was hoping to catch two movies this weekend. Based on RT and Meta, it seems pretty good, and thus far I have not been disappointed with any animated flicks this year ("Brave", "Paranorman" and "Frankeenweenie" this year).

Most likely to watch it anyways.
Then you're safe to watch it 'cause I didn't really enjoy those three animations you mentioned, particularly Brave.
SUSseijiseimura84
post Dec 1 2012, 12:42 AM

U mess with me? Pancung kepala
4,817 posts

there is not so much game related , only appear in the very first few momment.
maybe about 10% touch on game that we play before

anyway....it is still enjoyable, the plot line is good n funny too
some character that mimic like star craft

there are some momment in this movie which quite sad.... i shed my tears on this moment
x3cream
post Dec 2 2012, 01:45 AM

Casual
391 posts

[quote=hairyLGS,Jun 7 2012, 01:05 AM]
Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/game-on-in-...wreck-it-ralph/
Featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, and directed by Rich Moore.

Ralph wrecks it for the last time November 2, 2012 .[/quote]

Theatrical Trailer

[/quote]
The show seem awesome! I cant wait to watch smile.gif Btw, Rise of the guardians was nice as well smile.gif
Klesk
post Dec 2 2012, 10:13 PM

3,466 posts

Don't waste ur money, only watch if u need to bring ur kids to the cinema, Sarah Silverman is so f***in annoying, obnoxiously loud and irritating!
Cetak Tak Mati
post Dec 3 2012, 01:47 AM

8 posts

i watched it already, very good movie... alot of sounds from old games that brings back memories hehe
shootkk
post Dec 3 2012, 04:15 PM

Loyal Sony A100 User
Group Icon
Elite
2,540 posts

It's a fun movie! And it's a great watch! For those of you looking for appearances of every other video game in existence, you'll be disappointed as they appear only as cameos.

This is not your typical video game movie ala Doom or Tomb Raider. It's sort of a tribute or homage to video games both old and new.

The plot is good and I dare say that Wreck-It Ralph puts a familiar story line into a fresh settings and turns everything around to give viewers a original tale. Sure beats a lot of those chock-full-of-special-effects-but-literally-zero-story movies.

If you are looking for the protagonist to upstage every other game character in their own game then stay away. This is not the movie you are looking for.

If you are a gamer that grew up with games like pac man and super mario brothers and like a story with great characters and a solid story, this is the movie for you.

Instant classic!

Although this is from Disney, it has shades of Pixar in bundles. Not surprising when the executive producer is John Lasseter.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:42 PM