Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

124 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 30 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> V1 Proton Exora Bold Owners and Fans Thread, Calling all owner and future one...

V12Kompressor
post Jul 2 2012, 06:14 PM

cheeeeeese~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jul 1 2012, 08:48 AM)
My eb also got hiccup problem when idle or not moving. If what longy said about variable valve timing is true then sucks lah. I thought they tested the engine and car for 250,000 km already,  cannot believe proton.

About the fan spinning thing,  if I drive without turning on the aircon,  it will spin for 5 minutes after I shut off the engine, everytime.
If I drive with aircon on, the probability the fan will spin after turn off engine is like 1/30. So rare, and if it spin, it's like for 2-3 minutes only.
My Saga also have hiccup problem when idle or not moving and it doesn't have VVT

hmm.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
majuperak
post Jul 2 2012, 06:15 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(sendoh_7 @ Jul 2 2012, 05:51 PM)
sorry to hear that bro..

the fact is..no other mpv that come close to exora in this price range..
others are 2x the price..sad, right
Damn ... really getting cold feet on my booking for the Exora Bold Premium CFE. No doubt it is cheap compared to the other MPV in terms of size and features but problems and issues read here kinda scary. rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
brotan
post Jul 2 2012, 06:22 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 04:49 PM)
Yesterday, when I was driving in Ipoh town, my EB engine suddenly stalled!! Finally, after hearing someone from this
forum having this problem, I experience it myself.. Restart engine, it runs like normal again, while the choking is still
there when cooling fan switching on & off between intervals.
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed with proton, this is my first proton & will i be thinking of giving proton another
chance?? My answer is.. "no way"
Juz think abt it, proton is already coming to 30 years old.. There are certain level of acceptance when we buy P, but
for this case, I do think it is acceptable. Moreover, this is my 4th car, very seldom use, got my car during CNY, milage is 5k, OCV valve already changed once.. I noticed that my EB start to choke when the engine runs hot, normally
during noon..
So, Dinknight dude, be prepared if u still want to go ahead..
hi bro

your stalling is when idle ?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
klate
post Jul 2 2012, 06:35 PM

QUOTE(majuperak @ Jul 2 2012, 06:15 PM)
Damn ... really getting cold feet on my booking for the Exora Bold Premium CFE. No doubt it is cheap compared to the other MPV in terms of size and features but problems and issues read here kinda scary.  rclxub.gif
Honestly I was discourage from buying the EB going through problems highlighted in this forum, however after talking to few EB owners I continue to proceed with my booking. Agree there are legitimate problems highlighted in here but it is still small compare to bigger population of EB on the road with no major issues.

So I took a calculated risk and proceed with my EB order, the fact that I cannot find a better offering for < 100k also play a big role in my decision. So far I'm happy with my choice and hope the car will continue to be free from major problem for many years to come.

This post has been edited by klate: Jul 2 2012, 06:38 PM
+Quote Post
Turbocrazy
post Jul 2 2012, 07:31 PM

QUOTE(brotan @ Jul 2 2012, 06:22 PM)
hi bro

your stalling is when idle ?
I think all our EB CFE symptom are the same, mine during idling the engine stopped right after it chokes..
I guessed most of us choose EB due to its space & attractive pricing, if only proton put more effort into it then
who can come close??
Come-on proton!! Wake up!! There are some issue here!!
+Quote Post
brotan
post Jul 2 2012, 07:44 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 07:31 PM)
I think all our EB CFE symptom are the same, mine during idling the engine stopped right after it chokes..
I guessed most of us choose EB due to its space & attractive pricing, if only proton put more effort into it then
who can come close??
Come-on proton!! Wake up!! There are some issue here!!
didn't anyone complain about this when they go for service?
+Quote Post
neo1point3
post Jul 2 2012, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Everyone got complaint when service, but sc also not sure what's the problem and lazy to check until detail.

But from what I heard, Preve got own service team...since we share same engine, I think solution will be there soon enough. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Turbocrazy
post Jul 2 2012, 08:39 PM

QUOTE(brotan @ Jul 2 2012, 07:44 PM)
didn't anyone complain about this when they go for service?
This is a known problem to proton. As u guys know, my 1st complain was when my EB getting from bad to worse.
First, experiencing hiccups (4K plus mileage), then choking (like missed firing), then having RPM going to maximum,
CVT light-up - experiencing turbo not working & air-con hot air, then my EB spend 2 weeks in the SC.
After that, they claim that OCV & some sort of sensor been changed.. Now, after one month, choking problem is
back..
Called up SC again, then they ask to send the car back loh.. Ask, for how long.. they said for few days..
So, do u guys think this is a small or a serious problem?? It'll be a big headache for those owner whose depending
only on one car.... shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
doctor.AGF
post Jul 2 2012, 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 08:39 PM)
This is a known problem to proton. As u guys know, my 1st complain was when my EB getting from bad to worse.
First, experiencing hiccups (4K plus mileage), then choking (like missed firing), then having RPM going to maximum,
CVT light-up - experiencing turbo not working & air-con hot air, then my EB spend 2 weeks in the SC.
After that, they claim that OCV & some sort of sensor been changed.. Now, after one month, choking problem is
back..
Called up SC again, then they ask to send the car back loh.. Ask, for how long.. they said for few days..
So, do u guys think this is a small or a serious problem?? It'll be a big headache for those owner whose depending
only on one car.... shakehead.gif
OMG my car 2 months till now at service center and still cannot fix the left pull (alignment) i gave them the car 90km mileage and now your telling at 4000km it started chocking, how many days in 2012 am i gonna be able to drive this piece of shit icon_question.gif
+Quote Post
Turbocrazy
post Jul 2 2012, 09:11 PM

QUOTE(doctor.AGF @ Jul 2 2012, 08:47 PM)
OMG my car 2 months till now at service center and still cannot fix the left pull (alignment) i gave them the car 90km mileage and now your telling at 4000km it started chocking, how many days in 2012 am i gonna be able to drive this piece of shit  icon_question.gif
Dude, sorry to know that u oso hv the same fate.. If proton offer a new mpv with 6 years warranty, i will not
change my mind of buying one..
I did complain abt the alignment pulling to left before at toyota (camry). Not very obvious la.. They told me that
M'sian road are surface to certain radian (degree) towards the roadside, coz our country rains often, so water will
flow to the roadside rather than stagnant at the middle of the road. That's why we experiencing a bit of left pull..
How's yours, izit bad??

This post has been edited by Turbocrazy: Jul 10 2012, 04:24 PM
+Quote Post
doctor.AGF
post Jul 2 2012, 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 09:11 PM)
Dude, sorry to know that u oso hv the same faith.. If proton offer a new mpv with 6 years warranty, i will not
change my mind of buying one..
I did complain abt the alignment pulling to left before at toyota (camry). Not very obvious la.. They told me that
M'sian road are surface to certain radian (degree) towards the roadside, coz our country rains often, so water will
flow to the roadside rather than stagnant at the middle of the road. That's why we experiencing a bit of left pull..
How's yours, izit bad??
my left pull is so bad bro. if i leave the steering wheel ill find myself with the rain on the roadside lol, and thats why they are keeping my car at SC since MAY!, till now they change subframe, rear axle and whole set of tires but no use. they are still doing their experiments. cry.gif and just yesterday i was told that my car is being transferred to the Research and Development department R&D. I hope the do the research and develop my car to become the first flying Exora in Malaysia brows.gif
+Quote Post
brotan
post Jul 2 2012, 09:21 PM

Regular

doctor, turbocrazy

when you get your car btw?
+Quote Post
doctor.AGF
post Jul 2 2012, 09:22 PM

QUOTE(brotan @ Jul 2 2012, 09:21 PM)
doctor, turbocrazy

2nd May 2012 sad.gif

This post has been edited by doctor.AGF: Jul 2 2012, 09:23 PM
+Quote Post
s@ni
post Jul 2 2012, 09:26 PM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya

Last time my gen2 experienced da same,

Change bush,balancing and alignment, still steer to the left, so when i change rims and tyrea, no more liao laugh.gif

Try swap the tyre firsttt

Added on July 2, 2012, 9:26 pmTyre +rims laa

This post has been edited by s@ni: Jul 2 2012, 09:26 PM
+Quote Post
doctor.AGF
post Jul 2 2012, 09:28 PM

QUOTE(s@ni @ Jul 2 2012, 09:26 PM)
Last time my gen2 experienced da same,

Change bush,balancing and alignment, still steer to the left, so when i change rims and tyrea, no more liao laugh.gif

Try swap the tyre firsttt

Added on July 2, 2012, 9:26 pmTyre +rims laa
Noted Bro tq, but i think they already changed the whole set of tires, maybe they need to change the rims hmm.gif
+Quote Post
Turbocrazy
post Jul 2 2012, 09:40 PM

QUOTE(doctor.AGF @ Jul 2 2012, 09:17 PM)
my left pull is so bad bro. if i leave the steering wheel ill find myself with the rain on the roadside lol, and thats why they are keeping my car at SC since MAY!, till now they change subframe, rear axle and whole set of tires but no use. they are still doing their experiments.  cry.gif and just yesterday i was told that my car is being transferred to the Research and Development department R&D. I hope the do the research and develop my car to become the first flying Exora in Malaysia  brows.gif
This is not good, man.. really need a full detail check when ur baby is back.. Well at least the inform u that ur EB
been transfered to R&D. As for me, they didn't even inform me that my EB been transfered to another SC, I had
to find out myself.. Flying Exora.. laugh.gif
But, I think ur problem is not the first, coz when I was in car accessories shop, a guy came to me, he is having a
first badge Exora(2009) asking me if I have alignment problem. He said he has a big issue regarding this & proton
has changed the whole rear axle.. Only then already settle. All the best, bro.. do keep us update..

Added on July 2, 2012, 9:42 pm
QUOTE(brotan @ Jul 2 2012, 09:21 PM)
doctor, turbocrazy

Jan 2012, (Juz b4 CNY)

This post has been edited by Turbocrazy: Jul 2 2012, 09:42 PM
+Quote Post
doctor.AGF
post Jul 2 2012, 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 09:40 PM)
This is not good, man.. really need a full detail check when ur baby is back.. Well at least the inform u that ur EB
been transfered to R&D. As for me, they didn't even inform me that my EB been transfered to another SC, I had
to find out myself.. Flying Exora.. laugh.gif
But, I think ur problem is not the first, coz when I was in car accessories shop, a guy came to me, he is having a
first badge Exora(2009) asking me if I have alignment problem. He said he has a big issue regarding this & proton
has changed the whole rear axle.. Only then already settle. All the best, bro.. do keep us update..

Added on July 2, 2012, 9:42 pm
Jan 2012, (Juz b4 CNY)
Will update hopefully this year lol. Tnx for ur support
+Quote Post
s@ni
post Jul 2 2012, 09:54 PM

Gambar Di Lesen Kereta Saya

QUOTE(doctor.AGF @ Jul 2 2012, 09:28 PM)
Noted Bro tq, but i think they already changed the whole set of tires, maybe they need to change the rims  hmm.gif
Tyrea? Lol

They should change the rim first..but if still fail, ask them for free service + labor and go outside to alignment sifu
+Quote Post
DinKnight
post Jul 2 2012, 10:00 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Turbocrazy @ Jul 2 2012, 04:49 PM)
Yesterday, when I was driving in Ipoh town, my EB engine suddenly stalled!! Finally, after hearing someone from this
forum having this problem, I experience it myself.. Restart engine, it runs like normal again, while the choking is still
there when cooling fan switching on & off between intervals.
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed with proton, this is my first proton & will i be thinking of giving proton another
chance?? My answer is.. "no way"
Juz think abt it, proton is already coming to 30 years old.. There are certain level of acceptance when we buy P, but
for this case, I don't think it is acceptable. Moreover, this is my 4th car, very seldom use, got my car during CNY, milage is 5k, OCV valve already changed once.. I noticed that my EB start to choke when the engine runs hot, normally
during noon..
So, Dinknight dude, be prepared if u still want to go ahead..
Now slowly going through the classifieds for a second-hand MPV.... maybe I'll get lucky with a japanese yang tak banyak ragam... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
Turbocrazy
post Jul 2 2012, 10:22 PM

QUOTE(DinKnight @ Jul 2 2012, 10:00 PM)
Now slowly going through the classifieds for a second-hand MPV.... maybe I'll get lucky with a japanese yang tak banyak ragam...  thumbup.gif
Gd for u, bro.. Dun become a laughing stock like me, did not listen to my frens advice.. Dun get me wrong, I'm not
a proton basher or anti proton b4 this. Looks like I had to agree to many forumer (so called "Proton Basher") now..
+Quote Post

124 Pages « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0766sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:22 AM