Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Official Tennis Thread V14, All about tennis. (gears, courts, etc)

views

dawja5215
post Feb 13 2017, 04:20 PM

Casual
378 posts

Hi guys.. I'm just starting in tennis after I got a taste of the game last year.

So I bought my first racquet, a Wilson Frontenis Classic. I chose it over Wilson Energy XL since the two is of the same price and the shop owner said Frontenis is more expensive. But I ultimately pick it because it has a better grip and heavier. I don't know anything about tennis racquets but I played badminton and favoured heavier racquets.

My question is, is it true that it is more expensive than the Energy XL and is my choice suitable for a beginner? I checked online but apparently it is a very old model and out of stock so no price. Also not much info on it too.. Really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
dawja5215
post Feb 15 2017, 07:53 AM

Casual
378 posts

QUOTE(k3vin82 @ Feb 14 2017, 04:59 PM)
Normally lighter racket are more suitable for beginners as it will be easier to swing and this makes the learning process easier . If you can handle the weight and swing freely then it is ok. Also head size also for beginner normally is bigger so it is easier to hit . Just enjoy the process of learning the game and apply proper technique to be able to improve . smile.gif
Thanks for the reply. I went back and exchange the racquet to Energy XL because when I searched Frontenis, it says it is a different kind of sport from tennis but use a similar or equal racquet to tennis. Just to be safe, since I don't want any variation to actual tennis racquets. About the headsize, I was looking for size 100 but the one that I got is 112. So I should hit better I guess laugh.gif

Thanks for the tip, I'm looking forward to enjoying tennis and improve myself. biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0366sec    0.22    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM