Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

59 Pages « < 55 56 57 58 59 >Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Official Tennis Thread V14, All about tennis. (gears, courts, etc)

views

hbang3
post Jan 9 2017, 10:23 PM

0 posts

Tennis group (all seniors abv 50 yrs) based at Titiwangsa looking for friendly matches with other group/club. Any one interested pls PM.

vckk
post Jan 20 2017, 06:22 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(yphuah1 @ Dec 26 2016, 02:37 PM)
Anyone sell Yonex VCORE Duel G 97 (330g)? How much?

[attachmentid=8310476]
Im using it now...interested to buy it off me?
praetorian
post Jan 20 2017, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast
848 posts

QUOTE(vckk @ Jan 20 2017, 06:22 AM)
Im using it now...interested to buy it off me?
eh how much are you selling it?
Just to make sure its the Yonex Duel G 97 (330g)
Pm me
tchiaming
post Jan 22 2017, 09:49 PM

incubus
1,039 posts

Hi everyone. Looking to buy an intermediate female racquet. Preferably Wilson or Babolat. I'm open to other brands as well. Budget less than 180. PM me if u have any to offer. Thanks
Dark_Angel85
post Jan 31 2017, 04:35 PM

Government Agent
770 posts

QUOTE(tchiaming @ Jan 22 2017, 09:49 PM)
Hi everyone. Looking to buy an intermediate female racquet. Preferably Wilson or Babolat. I'm open to other brands as well. Budget less than 180. PM me if u have any to offer. Thanks
1. No such thing as female racquets. I think what you mean is a lighter racquet, bigger head size racquet, headlight racquet... It'll be a more specific criteria. If you're not sure what these mean, here's some advice:
- get as heavy as you can swing.
- headlight is more maneuverable. However, head heavy helps you generate more power if you don't have your own.
- big head size gives more power but also more twisting possibilities.

Strings play an important role as well.

2. Go to tennis Malaysia Facebook page. Many selling preloved racquets which fall into your budget. If you're not sure what the specifications of the racquets are, just Google the name. Remember to check for Asian spec and not us specs.

3. Visit topper sports in ampang Park. Plenty of racquets to choose from and even second hand ones. Pertama complex also has a good shop called racquet world. Cheap and 2nd hand racquets also available. The other shop is ultimate sports which is opposite ampang point and de palma hotel. Good places to shop for racquets.
dawja5215
post Feb 13 2017, 04:20 PM

Casual
368 posts

Hi guys.. I'm just starting in tennis after I got a taste of the game last year.

So I bought my first racquet, a Wilson Frontenis Classic. I chose it over Wilson Energy XL since the two is of the same price and the shop owner said Frontenis is more expensive. But I ultimately pick it because it has a better grip and heavier. I don't know anything about tennis racquets but I played badminton and favoured heavier racquets.

My question is, is it true that it is more expensive than the Energy XL and is my choice suitable for a beginner? I checked online but apparently it is a very old model and out of stock so no price. Also not much info on it too.. Really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
tchiaming
post Feb 13 2017, 10:45 PM

incubus
1,039 posts

QUOTE(Dark_Angel85 @ Jan 31 2017, 04:35 PM)
1. No such thing as female racquets. I think what you mean is a lighter racquet, bigger head size racquet, headlight racquet... It'll be a more specific criteria. If you're not sure what these mean, here's some advice:
- get as heavy as you can swing.
- headlight is more maneuverable. However, head heavy helps you generate more power if you don't have your own.
- big head size gives more power but also more twisting possibilities.

Strings play an important role as well.

2. Go to tennis Malaysia Facebook page. Many selling preloved racquets which fall into your budget. If you're not sure what the specifications of the racquets are, just Google the name. Remember to check for Asian spec and not us specs.

3. Visit topper sports in ampang Park. Plenty of racquets to choose from and even second hand ones. Pertama complex also has a good shop called racquet world. Cheap and 2nd hand racquets also available. The other shop is ultimate sports which is opposite ampang point and de palma hotel. Good places to shop for racquets.
Awesome! Thanks!
k3vin82
post Feb 14 2017, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(dawja5215 @ Feb 13 2017, 04:20 PM)
Hi guys.. I'm just starting in tennis after I got a taste of the game last year.

So I bought my first racquet, a Wilson Frontenis Classic. I chose it over Wilson Energy XL since the two is of the same price and the shop owner said Frontenis is more expensive. But I ultimately pick it because it has a better grip and heavier. I don't know anything about tennis racquets but I played badminton and favoured heavier racquets.

My question is, is it true that it is more expensive than the Energy XL and is my choice suitable for a beginner? I checked online but apparently it is a very old model and out of stock so no price. Also not much info on it too.. Really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Normally lighter racket are more suitable for beginners as it will be easier to swing and this makes the learning process easier . If you can handle the weight and swing freely then it is ok. Also head size also for beginner normally is bigger so it is easier to hit . Just enjoy the process of learning the game and apply proper technique to be able to improve . smile.gif

dawja5215
post Feb 15 2017, 07:53 AM

Casual
368 posts

QUOTE(k3vin82 @ Feb 14 2017, 04:59 PM)
Normally lighter racket are more suitable for beginners as it will be easier to swing and this makes the learning process easier . If you can handle the weight and swing freely then it is ok. Also head size also for beginner normally is bigger so it is easier to hit . Just enjoy the process of learning the game and apply proper technique to be able to improve . smile.gif
Thanks for the reply. I went back and exchange the racquet to Energy XL because when I searched Frontenis, it says it is a different kind of sport from tennis but use a similar or equal racquet to tennis. Just to be safe, since I don't want any variation to actual tennis racquets. About the headsize, I was looking for size 100 but the one that I got is 112. So I should hit better I guess laugh.gif

Thanks for the tip, I'm looking forward to enjoying tennis and improve myself. biggrin.gif
Wisithir
post Feb 27 2017, 02:30 PM

0 posts

Hey peaople, i want to say thanks for opening that topic, its very usefull and common for us who likes sport and lick to discuse about it, i used to practice tennis for three years with a coach, now i just play tennis twice a week, i have an old racquet and now its time to buy a new one who can recomend me some type of avarage price racquet? Thank for advices! btw, I stopped for a while because of a trauma. been using Norditropin to heal faster... Now I need some help if possible.

This post has been edited by Wisithir: May 20 2017, 03:19 AM
k3vin82
post Feb 27 2017, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(Wisithir @ Feb 27 2017, 02:30 PM)
Hey peaople, i want to say thanks for opening that topic, its very usefull and common for us who likes sport and lick to discuse about it, i used to practice tennis for three years with a coach, now i just play tennis twice a week, i have an old racquet and now its time to buy a new one who can recomend me some type of avarage price racquet? Thank for advices!
Hi Wisithir ,

I would recommend you join Tennis Malaysia FB group. there is alot of people selling 2nd hand rackets and mostly in good condition . you can get them half the price from retail . Besides that if you want new , i would recommend topper sports as they have old models going on discount normally around 300-400 .

vobs
post Mar 17 2017, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

Hie

Selling HEAD Instinct PWR (Graphene XT) - New and Unused still in packaging and wrapper
RM480 nego (Original price RM859)
Great for beginner to intermediate players as this racquet have auto generating power for depth shots, u just need to push or block the ball back to your opponent, also suitable for short swingers as u have the ability to control and let the racquet generate the power....

attached is the youtube on the racquet

contact/whatsapp 0129258666 Vincent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3d2_9lY2p0&t=22s

This post has been edited by vobs: Mar 17 2017, 09:06 AM
k3vin82
post Mar 17 2017, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Really powerful racket ... recommended for those in need in for more power in your shots

QUOTE(vobs @ Mar 17 2017, 09:04 AM)
Hie

Selling HEAD Instinct PWR (Graphene XT) - New and Unused still in packaging and wrapper
RM480 nego (Original price RM859)
Great for beginner to intermediate players as this racquet have auto generating power for depth shots, u just need to push or block the ball back to your opponent, also suitable for short swingers as u have the ability to control and let the racquet generate the power....

attached is the youtube on the racquet

contact/whatsapp 0129258666 Vincent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3d2_9lY2p0&t=22s
skylinelover
post Mar 19 2017, 10:24 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
6,514 posts

Woohoo drop by 2 post damm what a duel this fedex and super rafa grand final in australian open laugh.gif rclxms.gif this the first time i am off the couch in the entire rubber set dang this is like fedex reborn after 5 years slump lets bring on french open then bruce.gif bruce.gif
feeliplee
post Jun 29 2017, 12:13 PM

13 posts

Hi there,

I just started tennis and currently taking lessons from a coach. I'm looking for a racquet to buy but I'm drowning in all the options available. My coach tells me to buy nice don't buy twice but the 'nice' are prett expensive. I'm not looking to go pro and taking up tennis is just for recreational purposes. Would it be advisable to spend on an expensive one? Would a cheap one affect my learning? Would also be great if I can get some recommendation on which racquet to consider buying. Thanks!
jkloh
post Sep 7 2017, 11:06 PM

35 posts

Hellooo any tennis fans still around?

Gutted by Federer's loss to DelPo in the US Open quarters today. Looks like there might never be a Fedal match at Flushing Meadows.

But winning Aus Open and Wimby ain't too shabby for a 36 y.o right. Can't say it wasn't a magical year. Who would've expected? rclxms.gif

Nadal looks locked in to finish as year end No.1

Fantastic year for both legends it's been.

This post has been edited by jkloh: Sep 7 2017, 11:06 PM
hbang3
post Oct 7 2017, 02:51 AM

0 posts

I was taken by surprise when buying an ankle guard at a sports shop as the attendant mentioned wearing it on bare ankle UNDER the socks. Well I always wear mine OVER my socks...Would love to hear comments from you guys.🤔😁
ckseong80
post Nov 8 2017, 04:44 PM

Casual
321 posts

Hello kawan-kawan.
I'm back!!!
How is everyone doing?
safizie
post Nov 10 2017, 10:39 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(feeliplee @ Jun 29 2017, 12:13 PM)
Hi there,

I just started tennis and currently taking lessons from a coach. I'm looking for a racquet to buy but I'm drowning in all the options available. My coach tells me to buy nice don't buy twice but the 'nice' are prett expensive. I'm not looking to go pro and taking up tennis is just for recreational purposes. Would it be advisable to spend on an expensive one? Would a cheap one affect my learning? Would also be great if I can get some recommendation on which racquet to consider buying. Thanks!
Do u still play? Have your game improved? Got racket? Just find good one from your coach recommendation
zumapuma
post Jan 21 2018, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

Looking for beginner tennis players to play in Cyberjaya. My condo has a pretty decent tennis court so it's free to play at. Just need players. If you live nearby and interested to play, please pm me

59 Pages « < 55 56 57 58 59 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0581sec    0.85    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th August 2020 - 02:09 PM