Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Confinement Centres. Any experience to share?

views

TSmav3rick
post May 29 2012, 03:48 PM, updated 12y ago

45 posts

hi guys,

been considering this confinement centre in Section 1 for my wife to say during her confinement period. Not sure if anyone is aware of it, its run by Daveleen. Reason being, we had a nightmare of an experience with the confinement lady we hired after the first pregnancy. And seeing that the centre seem to have everything in place, am seriously considering this. So i would like to humbly seek any members here with experience staying there to give me more insight. many thanks.
Snowee
post May 29 2012, 04:31 PM

Validating
15 posts

QUOTE(mav3rick @ May 29 2012, 03:48 PM)
hi guys,

been considering this confinement centre in Section 1 for my wife to say during her confinement period. Not sure if anyone is aware of it, its run by Daveleen. Reason being, we had a nightmare of an experience with the confinement lady we hired after the first pregnancy. And seeing that the centre seem to have everything in place, am seriously considering this. So i would like to humbly seek any members here with experience staying there to give me more insight. many thanks.
when is ur wife due date? I got one very good breastfeeding friendly confinemt centre to recommend at kota damansara run by Gina Yong a lactation consultant. The CC is call BONDAVILLA will be opening soon. I got the confinement package of what they offer but the price is not out yet. Gina is very good she will asure ur wife to hv a wonderful confinement. Pls join The breastfeeding advocates network in facebook.

TSmav3rick
post May 29 2012, 04:38 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(Snowee @ May 29 2012, 04:31 PM)
when is ur wife due date? I got one very good breastfeeding friendly confinemt centre to recommend at kota damansara run by Gina Yong a lactation consultant. The CC is call BONDAVILLA will be opening soon. I got the confinement package of what they offer but the price is not out yet. Gina is very good she will asure ur wife to hv a wonderful confinement.  Pls join The breastfeeding advocates network in facebook.
thanks for your reply. My wife is due in early Nov.
sweeboon
post May 29 2012, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(Snowee @ May 29 2012, 04:31 PM)
when is ur wife due date? I got one very good breastfeeding friendly confinemt centre to recommend at kota damansara run by Gina Yong a lactation consultant. The CC is call BONDAVILLA will be opening soon. I got the confinement package of what they offer but the price is not out yet. Gina is very good she will asure ur wife to hv a wonderful confinement.  Pls join The breastfeeding advocates network in facebook.
Isn't this place in Kota Kemuning? Check their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonda-Villa/190665587717052

And on Daveleen, I have heard many negative comments about it, though I have never experienced it myself. You can google about the comments - don't know how true they are.

I think, Confinement Centres in Malaysia today are still not very up-to-standard compared to the ones in Taiwan or US. But if you really don't trust Confinement Nanny, the only choice is to engage this kind of services.

I hope you can get a good one, and if you do, be sure to share with us! All the best!
TSmav3rick
post May 30 2012, 02:23 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(sweeboon @ May 29 2012, 04:38 PM)
Isn't this place in Kota Kemuning? Check their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonda-Villa/190665587717052

And on Daveleen, I have heard many negative comments about it, though I have never experienced it myself. You can google about the comments - don't know how true they are.

I think, Confinement Centres in Malaysia today are still not very up-to-standard compared to the ones in Taiwan or US. But if you really don't trust Confinement Nanny, the only choice is to engage this kind of services.

I hope you can get a good one, and if you do, be sure to share with us! All the best!
thanks for your reply. I've done my fair search on google, but the only comments that i came across are way back in 2005. havent seen any recent comments. The consultant did admit to me (withouth me asking) that they were in quite a disarray when they first started, but they're very much in control now after taking in feedback over the years. still in dilemma biggrin.gif
Peggi84
post Jun 14 2012, 05:52 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(mav3rick @ May 30 2012, 02:23 PM)
thanks for your reply. I've done my fair search on google, but the only comments that i came across are way back in 2005. havent seen any recent comments. The consultant did admit to me (withouth me asking) that they were in quite a disarray when they first started, but they're very much in control now after taking in feedback over the years. still in dilemma biggrin.gif
Hi, I have had experienced staying there 2 years ago at a Center called Mom's Paradise (run by a subsidary of Daveleen). I was recommended there by a friend that also used their service.There hv been running this business for the past 10 yrs or more. At 1st, I was a bit reluctant, as I was quite skeptical abt doing my confinement outside the comfort of my home.
But amazingly, it turned out to be quite a pleasant experience. Well, I guess opinions differs from 1 another. My personal opinion is to go for the more established ones. And it's best to personally visit all the Centers to judge for urself b4 deciding.
Plus, they also provide Rejuvena 30! I felt superb and my womb has recovered soon after i checked out

servo
post Jun 15 2012, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

hi,

my sister in law just came back from daveleen at section1, previously i sent my wife to daveleen too but its was at the old place in ss4.

my 2 cents is, now its way too commercialized. one big problem i found out was, the nannies there keep switching (come n go) alot, so the amount of care of your baby is very less.

the communication between nannies is also bad.

second thing, with the amount of the mothers there, you cant really get to rest much. 1 big bungalow house about 20 mothers or so at 1 time. and the space of each room is pitifully small.

when u walk into daveleen, you feel like as if its a whore house or a hanky pank spa than a mom's paradise.

Added on June 15, 2012, 1:44 pmthe old place at ss4 was way better, 1 house abt 4-5 mothers at 1 time and the rooms are huge. also like a hotel room.

This post has been edited by servo: Jun 15 2012, 01:44 PM
sweeboon
post Jun 15 2012, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(servo @ Jun 15 2012, 01:43 PM)
hi,

my sister in law just came back from daveleen at section1, previously i sent my wife to daveleen too but its was at the old place in ss4.

my 2 cents is, now its way too commercialized. one big problem i found out was, the nannies there keep switching (come n go) alot, so the amount of care of your baby is very less.

second thing, with the amount of the mothers there, you cant really get to rest much. 1 big bungalow house about 20 mothers or so at 1 time. and the space of each room is pitifully small.

when u walk into daveleen, you feel like as if its a whore house or a hanky pank spa than a mom's paradise.

Added on June 15, 2012, 1:44 pmthe old place at ss4 was way better, 1 house abt 4-5 mothers at 1 time and the rooms are huge. also like a hotel room.
Hi Servo,

Thanks for sharing!

Is it the same thing called Mom's Paradise? They look pretty nice on their website though... Check it out...

http://www.moms2b.com/Postnatal+Home+Retreat_25_1.htm

What about the food? Are they warm and well-cooked?

TSmav3rick
post Jun 15 2012, 03:05 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(Peggi84 @ Jun 14 2012, 05:52 PM)
Hi, I have had experienced staying there 2 years ago at a Center called Mom's Paradise (run by a subsidary of Daveleen). I was recommended there by a friend that also used their service.There hv been running this business for the past 10 yrs or more. At 1st, I was a bit reluctant, as I was quite skeptical abt doing my confinement outside the comfort of my home.
But amazingly, it turned out to be quite a pleasant experience. Well, I guess opinions differs from 1 another. My personal opinion is to go for the more established ones. And it's best to personally visit all the Centers to judge for urself b4 deciding.
Plus, they also provide Rejuvena 30! I felt superb and my womb has recovered soon after i checked out
thanks for the feedback. the rejuvena 30 is tempting indeed. My wife did not take that during her confinement after delivering our first child.

QUOTE(servo @ Jun 15 2012, 01:43 PM)
hi,

yeah.. i've been to the place to check it out. i saw that the small room was pretty cramped. which is why i opted for the room with attached bathroom.

can you eleborate further on the communication part? would like to know what to watch out for next time.

QUOTE(sweeboon @ Jun 15 2012, 01:48 PM)
Hi Servo,

Thanks for sharing!

Is it the same thing called Mom's Paradise? They look pretty nice on their website though... Check it out...

http://www.moms2b.com/Postnatal+Home+Retreat_25_1.htm

What about the food? Are they warm and well-cooked?
that's the same place as the house in SS1, the room with attached bathroom is much bigger.. but i'm curious abou the feedback on the food as well.
servo
post Jun 18 2012, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

food? its actually quite yummy, i tried it. but its kinda routine.. some every other day or so you'll get the same food.

Added on June 18, 2012, 4:39 pmcommunication part meaning.. if your baby has special needs or its fussy in a way and perhaps only 1 or 2 nanny at that time knew about it, it probably wont pass down to the newer nanny.

last time my wife was there at the old place in ss4, its easier cos the number mommies there is much lesser only abt 5 at that time. with 4 nanny. so the care and attention is more, and i specifically told the nannies there i dont want my daughter to sleep on a rocker or takes a pacifier to shut up or to sleep.

Now, as far as i see... its quite different, alot of babies in there now, only mom can go in to baby room.

This post has been edited by servo: Jun 18 2012, 04:39 PM
Bishop
post Aug 20 2012, 11:46 PM

Diagonal Views
815 posts

any confinement centers in Kepong area or somewhere near there?

mellem
post Aug 22 2012, 10:07 AM

21 posts

I went to visit my good friend stayed in Daveleen aka Pei Ling aka Mom's Paradise - same management. They used nannies/CL from dunno where cannot speak proper Mandarin/Cantonese. Communication is a huge problem!
liker Servo's comment: they just use pacifier (maybe shared among babies) to silent your brood.
When she visited the place to assess it in BU, wow she was impressed with the emergency/SOS button at the bedside and how presentable they made the place+ features++
After staying she had problems, and useless to scold nannies she said not their fault (turnover rate is high). She saw a fellow mommy complained to management who in turn scolded nanny. The nanny then grumbled (dunno got mistreat that particular bb or not) when handling that baby.
I look fwd Gina Yong's Bonda Villa instead in Kota Kemuning.
Bishop
post Aug 23 2012, 04:47 AM

Diagonal Views
815 posts

QUOTE(mellem @ Aug 22 2012, 10:07 AM)

I look fwd Gina Yong's Bonda Villa instead in Kota Kemuning.

You doing your confinement there? Any reviews?
talexeh
post Dec 10 2012, 01:48 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

I'm necro'ing this thread since it's related to what I'm about to inquire on.

Anyone has experience with Happy Dolphin Confinement Center on Penang island? I was planning to send my wife to O'hana but it has closed down for quite some time so it's time to survey for an alternative before she gives birth. I've been reading on the reviews on a few confinement centers & most of them are complaints rather than recommendations. sweat.gif
KimmyJuly
post Feb 26 2013, 04:09 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(mav3rick @ May 29 2012, 03:48 PM)
hi guys,

Yes, you are right. It is run by Daveleen and it is called Mom's Paradise Confinement Centre. Was introduce by my cousin's sister. Previously they have many centres in ss4, taman tun, bandar utama & damansara jaya but only can accumulate 6-8 mothers back in 2005. Recently they rebuild a bungalow lot. If I'm not mistaken, it is big enough to fit 19-20 mummies.

The whole purposed of staying in the centre compared to hiring a CL is
Mother, MIL, Husband don't have to worry about preparing food such as going to the market, cooking preparation (normally it takes up alot of time) food menu, helping the baby to bath and washing the dishes.
Through my experienced, staying in the centre make me feel stress free. They prepare me 5 meals a day and herbal bath for me every morning and evening. The nannies work as a team to look after our babies by feeding, bathing & etc.. They have a complete baby chart for us to monitor and keep us update. So we don't have to be worried.
Of cuz, they also have a office which is nearby in ss2/3 where they provide a complete postnatal products.

It was a good experience for me during my stay at mom's paradise. The level of comfort and care that I received make it more worthwhile since this is my first pregnancy.

adam_lss
post Feb 26 2013, 05:02 PM

7th heaven
Group Icon
Elite
4,495 posts

QUOTE(Bishop @ Aug 23 2012, 04:47 AM)
You doing your confinement there? Any reviews?
we've been there for the past 20 days. I can tell you the service is superb! smile.gif

so what u wanna know about them? it would be easier for u to ask specifically, easier for me to answer u smile.gif
audreyreiko
post Feb 27 2013, 08:28 AM

Casual
446 posts

I heard about Hapiness Mom based in Puchong from my cousin, she was there for a week because she wanted to fly back to her hometown and baby can't fly if too small.

According to her it's pretty good, food is yummy and staff are friendly, but price not too cheap leh...well I don't know about prices from other centers so I can't comment much. Anyone heard or been there before?

They also act as an agency which sends out CLs, I think.
KimmyJuly
post Feb 27 2013, 01:49 PM

10 posts

I've recently heard from a friend who lived in Johor that a newly Confinement centre was set up 3 months ago as top operation called Happy Mama and recently has closed down.
I guess it is not easy to run a full operating nursing centre with good consultant and nannies who shared their experienced and knowledge of confinement.
I honestly dislike pantang-larangs rules. I would based my confinement knowledge on the right way and education.

Bishop
post Mar 11 2013, 06:39 PM

Diagonal Views
815 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Feb 26 2013, 05:02 PM)
we've been there for the past 20 days. I can tell you the service is superb! smile.gif

so what u wanna know about them? it would be easier for u to ask specifically, easier for me to answer u smile.gif
Too late. Guess I was there before you. thumbup.gif
Was there in end Dec till Jan. rclxm9.gif

Great place - Bonda Villa. Highly recommended if you are thinking of Breast Feeding. Gina was literally hands on to get get the milk flowing. Guaranteed to have milk if you are there, despite all the naysayers around you. rclxub.gif

Nice, very clean place. All rooms have bathroom attached with Queen sized Getha mattress. Not some cheap spring single bed.
Generous rooms size, not like some of the other confinement centers with "prison" sized rooms. Baby sleeps in the room with you and daddy can sleep in too with dinner provided. I was staying there almost 3 weeks... whistling.gif

Also all the food is organic... sweat.gif thumbup.gif

If you are thinking of breast feeding then do drop by Bonda Villa, even if you are not going to stay there. They conduct many BF workshops there.

leongsem
post Apr 26 2013, 02:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

QUOTE(talexeh @ Dec 10 2012, 01:48 PM)
I'm necro'ing this thread since it's related to what I'm about to inquire on.

Anyone has experience with Happy Dolphin Confinement Center on Penang island? I was planning to send my wife to O'hana but it has closed down for quite some time so it's time to survey for an alternative before she gives birth. I've been reading on the reviews on a few confinement centers & most of them are complaints rather than recommendations. sweat.gif
eventually where u go?

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM