Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Loius Italia Sofa, Anyone heard this brand?

views

sunfl0w3r
post Sep 10 2014, 07:18 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(widuri widuri @ Sep 8 2014, 01:17 PM)
After some delay, I finally packed my RH seat of the 3-seater recliner into my mini MPV and drove to look for the factory located in Kg Baru Subang last Saturday. I called the hotline (017-xxxxx) first and was told by one Sharon to contact Ms Shirley when I reach the factory.

The factory, more like a godown, is located in a secluded area. Next to it is a recycle factory for old CPU and some electrical stuff. I met Ms Shirley but she was not informed by Sharon of Louis Italia, then another man in his 50's who identified himself as Chee asked his workers to check and confirmed that the noise was due to spring rubbing against the metal frame of the recliner. They have to remove the cushion to do the repair, but as there was power outage, work could not be carried out.

Apparently, Chee is the owner of the factory (Atria Design XXXX Sdn Bhd). Louis Italia was run a young couple who collect orders and then channel to factories for fabrication. One of them is Atria Design. It allows Louis Italia to use the address of the Atria Design sofa factory in Kg Subang . I highlighted the issues with my order and the warranty issues after. And I was told that I was among the many who complained, all due to the way the customers were handled by the staff of Louis Italia and some empty promises made by the sales staff.

Chee told me that they (Atria Design ) would handle small warranty issues on site if they were informed by Louis Italia, if the sofas need to be taken back to their factory, the customers need not pay for transportation.

On the 6-year warranty coverage, it does not cover the leather. However, if the stitches are torn, they will undertake the warranty repair within the 6-year period.

I went for my lunch as there was still power outage. While I was having my lunch, Shirley called to inform that there was still power failure. So I requested them to send the sofa to my house after repair.
So from what you gathered, Louis Italia basically is just a middleman. Getting orders and getting supplies from various factories?
By the way i just got my sofa from louis italia.
It is a fabric L-shaped sofa with reclining headrests
Have not used it yet so i can't comment on the quality
But i do have a big issue with their delivery service. I waited for more than 6hrs for them to send the sofa, which they did not. So i had to go back home, only to be woken up at 1130pm by the driver asking if they can send it then!
We only managed to get our sofa sent the next day after a shouting match with the driver.
With such lousy service i definitely would not recommend them to anyone
widuri widuri
post Sep 11 2014, 08:11 AM

12 posts

Post deleted pending further action.

Posted on: Sep 11 2014, 08:11 AM

To put it into proper perspective, louis Italia is an independent set-up which collects orders and then channels to factories for facbrication. Deliveries would be undertaken by the factories.

So I was told by Chee that the factory needs 3 weeks leadtime for the fabrication of sofas. If there are many back orders, more time is needed. He admitted that there was manpower issue previously around yearend.

My piece of sofa was sent to my house last night by the Atria Design's delivery lorry.

This post has been edited by widuri widuri: Nov 24 2015, 09:14 AM
afoi
post Sep 26 2014, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

I'm glad I do not have delivery problem with them. My sofa arrived safely and with minimal time delay (2 hours)....

honkkydorry
post Sep 27 2014, 05:41 PM

On my way
671 posts

Glad to have come across this post..I'm blacklisting Louis Italia. Those of you currently facing delivery issues with them should threaten them with Consumers Tribunal. They shouldn't be allowed to continue their lousy delivery. A few delayed deliveries once a while due to unforeseen circumstances I can understand but it seems that too many customers are having to put up with their crappy attitude and delivery issues. They don't care and still happily taking orders from other innocent victims. Stop giving business to them already.
kianlun
post Oct 2 2014, 10:07 AM

Do Your Work
1,161 posts

I ordered my sofa from them during homedec. Called them one month in advance to advise on delivery date. After 3 weeks they called back to arrange delivery, say will send sofa to me on the 22nd September (Monday). So my wife took a day off to wait at home, but never arrived. Not even a courtesy phone call from them. When I gave them a call to screw them, they keep pushing the ball around. Say they didn't say will deliver on 22nd (WTF???). Then say the fabric got delay etc..all kinds of crap. Then i ask them to advise when is the next delivery date & time as i can't sit at home whole day to wait for them. Then they say will deliver on saturday, but don't know what time. End up i liaise with the driver about the delivery time and not the stupid customer service. My first and my last experience with them and will not recommend anyone to buy from them in future.
wil2046son
post Oct 2 2014, 01:58 PM

2 posts

I liasie with Stella , my sofa arrived safely.
Chigme
post Oct 2 2014, 03:29 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(wil2046son @ Oct 2 2014, 01:58 PM)
Hello Stella.
LoveMeNot
post Oct 2 2014, 04:47 PM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

QUOTE(wil2046son @ Oct 2 2014, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE(Chigme @ Oct 2 2014, 03:29 PM)
Hello Stella.
I really LOL reading your reply to the post above Chigme thumbup.gif
kianlun
post Oct 4 2014, 06:40 PM

Do Your Work
1,161 posts

QUOTE(Chigme @ Oct 2 2014, 03:29 PM)
Hello Stella.
LOL!! Hi Stella!
Home2ugallerygp
post Oct 5 2014, 10:20 AM

11 posts

Hi, if you guys are looking for leather sofa, you can try Natuzzi Editions by Natuzzi Italy Group. We have a shop in Penang. Natuzzi Group is the world leader in leather upholstery and the largest Italian furniture manufacturer. Plus the price is reasonable for a premium brand.
wil2046son
post Oct 21 2014, 01:22 PM

2 posts

Hd u really purchase anything from them ?Attached Image
FieldEngineer
post Dec 29 2014, 10:32 AM

Casual
372 posts

QUOTE(widuri widuri @ Sep 8 2014, 01:17 PM)
After some delay, I finally packed my RH seat of the 3-seater recliner into my mini MPV and drove to look for the factory located in Kg Baru Subang last Saturday. I called the hotline (017-xxxxx) first and was told by one Sharon to contact Ms Shirley when I reach the factory.

The factory, more like a godown, is located in a secluded area. Next to it is a recycle factory for old CPU and some electrical stuff. I met Ms Shirley but she was not informed by Sharon of Louis Italia, then another man in his 50's who identified himself as Chee asked his workers to check and confirmed that the noise was due to spring rubbing against the metal frame of the recliner. They have to remove the cushion to do the repair, but as there was power outage, work could not be carried out.

Apparently, Chee is the owner of the factory (Atria Design XXXX Sdn Bhd). Louis Italia was run a young couple who collect orders and then channel to factories for fabrication. One of them is Atria Design. It allows Louis Italia to use the address of the Atria Design sofa factory in Kg Subang . I highlighted the issues with my order and the warranty issues after. And I was told that I was among the many who complained, all due to the way the customers were handled by the staff of Louis Italia and some empty promises made by the sales staff.

Chee told me that they (Atria Design ) would handle small warranty issues on site if they were informed by Louis Italia, if the sofas need to be taken back to their factory, the customers need not pay for transportation.

On the 6-year warranty coverage, it does not cover the leather. However, if the stitches are torn, they will undertake the warranty repair within the 6-year period.

I went for my lunch as there was still power outage. While I was having my lunch, Shirley called to inform that there was still power failure. So I requested them to send the sofa to my house after repair.
Wait.

Maybe we can purchase sofas directly from Atria Design.
Maybe at cheaper price and better communication channel.
Would you give me the full address and contact number?
MiVe
post May 10 2015, 11:48 PM

1 posts

Pls do not buy any sofas or tables from Louis Italia. It has been a bad company from last time from the feedbacks in this forum and till now. Can u imagine how many ppl are still out there those not venting in low yat forum .....MAJOR PROBLEMATIC LOUIS ITALIA the Staffs are so lousy and irritating after sales order. Everything normal at first before and when u place your order then you will have no furnitures for months n might be till a year plus even after agreement.

1. The sales ppl only want to collect full payment before delivery and do not know when the delivery is. They would give a standard answer of 3 weeks but u gotto wait longer and the ware house girl named Stella is bluntly rude and seriously sarcastic.

2. The sales ppl will not pick up your calls or help u to check your orders from the warehouse. They will also messed up your orders, color for table n chairs all wrong even after sales confirmation and full payment even with prove of photos shown n given. I ordered my set from Yong from Louis Italia in Viva home , he laughed when I asked him where was my furnitures that I have waited for months and told me he would check the warehouse but as usual, didn't follow up and next didn't dare to pick up my call and I gotto call the warehouse .

3. The warehouse Stella will not hear or clarify your orders, she prefers the customers to listen n bow down to her indifference. Then she simply sent another color sofa n table and will not want to confirm the order first as she is rude she felt there is no need to do that and she also wouldn't know whether the lorry driver can send out or not ??? It's a company with poor management. Basically, they are lousy. So don't expect and don't even deal with them ever.

4. After months of waiting, I thought my set has arrived finally. It was the wrong set . The lorry driver told me it was their usual flaws so he took back. I thought I'd received my order the next day as they promised but when I called Stella and told her about the table was also not my choice as I had ordered through Yong based on the photo exactly the same with the set I wanted and he actually promised that before my full payment. There is not a single word of sorry for their mistakes up to many months.

She can laugh it off together with the sales man named Yong , from March to May , I still don't know when they want to send. It is up to their mercy . Even as when they promised, they don't do it . I feel so sorry with my family as is a sad experience as we still do not have a living set to sit on after paying around RM4k just for 2 recliners .

I am also traumatised to call , after being bullied and laughed by over the phone and to wait without them being apologetic even with all the mistakes and delay. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't come at all, it serves another lessons to all and everyone in Malaysia not to make any purchases with this irresponsible nut case workers in the company. Even the 'nicest of them all ' is the lorry driver , he too will not pick up calls when expected to come again to send the right order.

Unless you like being bullied and hear a lot of blames and excuses afterwards then buy their sofas and suffer / increase your blood pressure . There is no business at all. More like a torture for customers who have paid , you are not even entitled to your own sofa set that u have paid for. Be careful , pls walk away from unethical unfair businesses

The reason why these staffs are rude it's because they are trained since so many customers have complaint before , they sd they are not afraid . Pls everyone, let your friends and families know. There are other good furniture shops who really show dignity and integrity in their business values. Damn Louis Italia for having such a deceiving fancy names with staffs who are even worse than nightclub operators. Close to a scam .
They are behaving so proud and rude even when they are at fault
1. Failure to deliver on time . Late for 2-3 months in most cases after argue,eng's with their customers.
2. Giving excuses and shifting the blames around up to the lorry driver is also not spared...poor management and staffs with huge attitude problems, they will only be normal when u are making your purchases and orders but after u have placed deposit/make full payment and expecting delivery, u will be treated like a fool.

Their manner in treating you is as though they are glad that they took your money and punish you by holding your furnitures and do not pick up calls, do not follow up with your orders, don't even know what u ordered though u sent again n again and if Stella is pressed to promise a delivery date, again another 3 weeks as after 2 months of sending the wrong set of furnitures, then only they will take their own time to rectify and book leather skin , so just wait for don't know how long again. That also Stella didn't want to acknowledge the orders. Scary isn't it !!

3. This is my first time and will be my last time dealing with them . Should I write in for a full refund or just wait having an empty living hall for months? I hope everyone knows about their sales tactic and lies. moreover, their new arrival is also not new, more than a year of display they are still charging the same high price. U pay high with your life too because dealing with them is a waste of time. The money is better given to people who runs their furniture business properly and these ppl definitely do not deserve to have any business so that they can manage their lorry driver timing well and start from doing it right with proper customer service.

therain01
post Jun 12 2015, 03:40 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

@@ not a single good word about them since the thread started in year 2012.
widuri widuri
post Nov 24 2015, 09:16 AM

12 posts

Now I am taking up the case with LI.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3623699/+120

This post has been edited by widuri widuri: Nov 24 2015, 09:29 AM
jeryt82
post Jun 13 2016, 09:45 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(widuri widuri @ Nov 24 2015, 09:16 AM)
Now I am taking up the case with LI.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3623699/+120
Hi, may I know, what is the update of your case? Im having problem with them too... till now, no delivery was made after full payment settled in 2014. Keep telling me next 2 month again and again.. and they shut their company, & website. Lost 4k for nothing cry.gif cry.gif
mscool
post Sep 14 2016, 05:23 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(jeryt82 @ Jun 13 2016, 09:45 PM)
Hi, may I know, what is the update of your case? Im having problem with them too... till now, no delivery was made after full payment settled in 2014. Keep telling me next 2 month again and again.. and they shut their company, & website. Lost 4k for nothing cry.gif  cry.gif
Hi jeryt82 may I know how's your case with Louis Italia now? Did you manage find them? I'm in the same situation as you. Full payment make in year 2014 and now want them to deliver the sofa but cannot find them cry.gif cry.gif Do you have their contact number? Have you been to their showroom/office to check with them?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:44 AM