Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Victim of Maxis 10MB 118 package

views

lyeoh
post May 28 2012, 12:05 PM

12 posts

Complain publicly enough and maybe Maxis will let you upgrade your package... They seem desperate for customers - wonder what their deal with TM is like...

But it could be the same thing for the RM118/month for 24 months package. What if for "Hari Raya", Maxis or TMNet introduce a similar/better package but for RM98/month?

You should always be careful when signing long term contracts with high termination costs (that includes marriage laugh.gif ). If nobody signs up for such packages, companies will have to offer packages without such clauses.

If you are a heavy user the big problem is if they implement quotas within a year. With their T&C Maxis can legally[1] introduce a quota in June/July, TM Net can too, but Maxis has a bill-shock reputation. In my opinion it seems when TM Net screws customers it is often because they don't know what they are doing, but when Maxis screws customers, they often know exactly what they are doing tongue.gif.

[1] Depending on your lawyer and the judge you might still win a lawsuit against them. Since it might be considered unreasonable bait-and-switch - especially given the way the quota figure is struck out in their ad. I am not a lawyer though...
lyeoh
post May 31 2012, 11:30 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(kowa13 @ May 28 2012, 02:03 PM)
I can see more and more voices coming from the existing customer. I hope they will re-consider the package for us..
yeah i am aware of how the buyer remorse feeling is but this offer is like paying 138k but get 2 prius la.. and what worse is that i just got the prius for 3 weeks then this promo is out.. sakit hati la..
Does your package T&C really say you cannot upgrade/downgrade?

Their FAQ says:
http://www.maxis.com.my/home/faq.asp
QUOTE(Maxis FAQ)
Can I upgrade/downgrade my Fibre Internet service?
Yes, you will be able to do so via MyAccount Portal. Please register with your fixed line number and the NRIC number you registered with. You may log on to MyAccount Portal via www.mylaunchpad.com.my.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:59 AM