Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Victim of Maxis 10MB 118 package

kowa13
post May 26 2012, 06:23 PM

Group: Junior Member

Just wanna share my frustration with those who feel the same that signed up the 4 or 6MB package few days/month earlier prior to the recent 10MB 118 campaign.

It is indeed a good deal but what about us? If you are in the same situation as mine, i urge you to exercise your consumer rights here

My intention is to gather more voices to reflect the customer satisfaction to Maxis. Currently there is no confirmation from them bout what they going to do but at least it seems like they 'reviewing' it. Hope it is a positive one.

-------------------------

**Update**

Goodnews! All current Maxis Home Fibre subscribers are eligible to migrate to the new promo without penalty. Please walk in to the nearest Maxis Centre to change the plan before promo ends. To make sure smooth migration, please ensure you are an existing Postpaid customer and no outstanding balance in the Postpaid account.

This post has been edited by kowa13: Jun 8 2012, 10:13 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mdzaboy
post May 26 2012, 07:50 PM

CuChee MunK KuK
Group: Senior Member

after read it at their forum, it make me think twice before registering the RM118 package..aihhh...
+Quote Post
Puteih
post May 26 2012, 10:04 PM

Dah ludah jilat balik

so the package is somewhat skeptical?
owh man was gonna register this monday biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
andrewtho
post May 26 2012, 10:23 PM

Octavarium

Wow, the 10mbps package is even cheaper than the 4mbps ones. LOL.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
super911
post May 27 2012, 12:13 AM

Regular

Ya, I will be extremely frustrated because I just started the 6mb package for less than 1 month! I am expecting something favourable from them or else, I will definitely bad mouth their service whenever possible. In fact just 2 days back, I recommended my friend to choose maxis instead of unifi. I can guarantee maxis will win more customers if they make the existing customers happy.
+Quote Post
iSean
post May 27 2012, 02:40 PM

The Annoying 2"

They said you can call customer service for a change of contract. Not sure about the fee though
+Quote Post
ryudell
post May 27 2012, 08:52 PM

*SUPERB*

a victim..this is bad for maxis' reputation as I've been very long with maxis..but it is true that they are not fair enough to their customers/subscribers
+Quote Post
kowa13
post May 28 2012, 11:37 AM

QUOTE(mdzaboy @ May 26 2012, 07:50 PM)
after read it at their forum, it make me think twice before registering the RM118 package..aihhh...
Bro why? I am not trying to condemn their business here but it is indeed a very good deal. just that i dont like how they treat the existing customer. I doubt there will be better offer la..

QUOTE(Puteih @ May 26 2012, 10:04 PM)
so the package is somewhat skeptical?
owh man was gonna register this monday biggrin.gif
I dont know but in fact I would like to subscribe for it and give maxis more business if they dont bond us 2 years for the existing 6MB package for RM159... sad.gif

QUOTE(andrewtho @ May 26 2012, 10:23 PM)
Wow, the 10mbps package is even cheaper than the 4mbps ones. LOL.
Yes indeed.. unify salesman must be cursing maxis now for having this deal..

QUOTE(super911 @ May 27 2012, 12:13 AM)
Ya, I will be extremely frustrated because I just started the 6mb package for less than 1 month! I am expecting something favourable from them or else, I will definitely bad mouth their service whenever possible. In fact just 2 days back, I recommended my friend to choose maxis instead of unifi. I can guarantee maxis will win more customers if they make the existing customers happy.
Same here bro. I have provided my info to maxis in the official forum there. You might wanna do the same also..

QUOTE(iSean @ May 27 2012, 02:40 PM)
They said you can call customer service for a change of contract. Not sure about the fee though
I checked. For existing customer must be at least have 1 year FTTH service with maxis then only can switch to this package. but the question is, how long is maxis home fiber in market? 3 months?? they just bs la..

QUOTE(ryudell @ May 27 2012, 08:52 PM)
a victim..this is bad for maxis' reputation as I've been very long with maxis..but it is true that they are not fair enough to their customers/subscribers
YES.. I've been with maxis for over 10 years and this is the treatment i have.. disappointing.. sad.gif
+Quote Post
lyeoh
post May 28 2012, 12:05 PM

Complain publicly enough and maybe Maxis will let you upgrade your package... They seem desperate for customers - wonder what their deal with TM is like...

But it could be the same thing for the RM118/month for 24 months package. What if for "Hari Raya", Maxis or TMNet introduce a similar/better package but for RM98/month?

You should always be careful when signing long term contracts with high termination costs (that includes marriage laugh.gif ). If nobody signs up for such packages, companies will have to offer packages without such clauses.

If you are a heavy user the big problem is if they implement quotas within a year. With their T&C Maxis can legally[1] introduce a quota in June/July, TM Net can too, but Maxis has a bill-shock reputation. In my opinion it seems when TM Net screws customers it is often because they don't know what they are doing, but when Maxis screws customers, they often know exactly what they are doing tongue.gif.

[1] Depending on your lawyer and the judge you might still win a lawsuit against them. Since it might be considered unreasonable bait-and-switch - especially given the way the quota figure is struck out in their ad. I am not a lawyer though...
+Quote Post
zzzxtreme
post May 28 2012, 01:38 PM

Synth Freak

threadstarter, after that package ends, its back to RM218 per month. These kinds of "unfairness" happens all the time. It's like paying RM170,000 for a prius, suddenly it's lowered to RM138,000
+Quote Post
kowa13
post May 28 2012, 02:03 PM

QUOTE(lyeoh @ May 28 2012, 12:05 PM)
Complain publicly enough and maybe Maxis will let you upgrade your package... They seem desperate for customers - wonder what their deal with TM is like...

But it could be the same thing for the RM118/month for 24 months package. What if for "Hari Raya", Maxis or TMNet introduce a similar/better package but for RM98/month?

You should always be careful when signing long term contracts with high termination costs (that includes marriage laugh.gif ). If nobody signs up for such packages, companies will have to offer packages without such clauses.

If you are a heavy user the big problem is if they implement quotas within a year. With their T&C Maxis can legally[1] introduce a quota in June/July, TM Net can too, but Maxis has a bill-shock reputation. In my opinion it seems when TM Net screws customers it is often because they don't know what they are doing, but when Maxis screws customers, they often know exactly what they are doing tongue.gif.

[1] Depending on your lawyer and the judge you might still win a lawsuit against them. Since it might be considered unreasonable bait-and-switch - especially given the way the quota figure is struck out in their ad. I am not a lawyer though...
Thanks for the advice but I dont intend to go to that extend of involving law case la. But if that's marriage then different case smile.gif I can see more and more voices coming from the existing customer. I hope they will re-consider the package for us..

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ May 28 2012, 01:38 PM)
threadstarter, after that package ends, its back to RM218 per month. These kinds of "unfairness" happens all the time. It's like paying RM170,000 for a prius, suddenly it's lowered to RM138,000
yeah i am aware of how the buyer remorse feeling is but this offer is like paying 138k but get 2 prius la.. and what worse is that i just got the prius for 3 weeks then this promo is out.. sakit hati la..
+Quote Post
jktlee
post May 28 2012, 04:08 PM

hi everyone,

Let us consumer be known stand together to curb such unlawfully act in Malaysia. They can make our home to be Wifi hotspot if they want!!!! I am also using maxis (12 years) but over the years I feel sad they now someone in Maxis can drop up such bias terms and conditions. Am I alone here ? I was going to signup until I read this T&C. Forgot it even it to me for free!!! I don't want it

jktlee

http://www.maxis.com.my/home/pdf/home_inte...general_T&C.pdf

6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to
cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the
service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your
internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you
+Quote Post
K for Ketamine
post May 29 2012, 02:00 AM

Regular

Total agree.

Is all about timing. Leave with it

QUOTE(jktlee @ May 28 2012, 04:08 PM)
hi everyone,

Let us consumer be known stand together to curb such unlawfully act in Malaysia. They can make our home to be Wifi hotspot if they want!!!! I am also using maxis (12 years) but over the years I feel sad they now someone in Maxis can drop up such bias terms and conditions. Am I alone here ? I was going to signup until I read this T&C. Forgot it even it to me for free!!! I don't want it

jktlee

6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to
cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the
service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your
internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you

this what u get for RM118 shocking.gif

Will TM follow M footstep
+Quote Post
unknownsubject
post May 29 2012, 02:31 AM

form blazing sword...

guys,

i got this info from another lyn forumer:

6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the
service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you

still want to opt for maxis 10mb??

+Quote Post
ryudell
post May 29 2012, 11:53 AM

*SUPERB*

this is bad
+Quote Post
kowa13
post May 29 2012, 12:24 PM

im fine to share the network as long as it does not affect my quota or bandwidth. im sure maxis will charge the user for using hotspot. anyhow i think its great for those who have subscribed this 118 but for me i am still hoping maxis can do something with the existing customer since sales is all they wanted. they should have considered or expect the dissatisfaction from existing customer for having this promo. Or at least some option to enhance the package instead of do nothing.

for the example of prius - consumer can trade in and purchase with lower price. for maxis - we must use at least over 12 month in order to switch. it does not make sense as i doubt maxis FTTH is been with the market for over 6 months..
+Quote Post
coolstore
post May 30 2012, 12:46 PM

On my way

i think now existing user can go to maxis center ask for changing plan to 118...just speak out then got a chance.
+Quote Post
tarbana90
post May 30 2012, 06:24 PM

Wouldnt the lancer - inspira saga be a better model albeit the different badge, they are technically the same car
+Quote Post
lyeoh
post May 31 2012, 11:30 AM

QUOTE(kowa13 @ May 28 2012, 02:03 PM)
I can see more and more voices coming from the existing customer. I hope they will re-consider the package for us..
yeah i am aware of how the buyer remorse feeling is but this offer is like paying 138k but get 2 prius la.. and what worse is that i just got the prius for 3 weeks then this promo is out.. sakit hati la..
Does your package T&C really say you cannot upgrade/downgrade?

Their FAQ says:
http://www.maxis.com.my/home/faq.asp
QUOTE(Maxis FAQ)
Can I upgrade/downgrade my Fibre Internet service?
Yes, you will be able to do so via MyAccount Portal. Please register with your fixed line number and the NRIC number you registered with. You may log on to MyAccount Portal via www.mylaunchpad.com.my.

+Quote Post
feizaiII
post May 31 2012, 11:50 AM

***** Genuine? *****

Since its a Promotion in short period and is not new pricing.. Afraid your complaint will just get ignored. If lucky enough, you will get free upgrade. Pray pray..

This post has been edited by feizaiII: May 31 2012, 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
kowa13
post May 31 2012, 03:12 PM

QUOTE(coolstore @ May 30 2012, 12:46 PM)
i think now existing user can go to maxis center ask for changing plan to 118...just speak out then got a chance.
Serious? I'll walk in to maxis center again this weekend if have time..

QUOTE(tarbana90 @ May 30 2012, 06:24 PM)
Wouldnt the lancer - inspira saga be a better model albeit the different badge, they are technically the same car
Nice one smile.gif

QUOTE(lyeoh @ May 31 2012, 11:30 AM)
Does your package T&C really say you cannot upgrade/downgrade?

Their FAQ says:
http://www.maxis.com.my/home/faq.asp
QUOTE(Maxis FAQ)
Can I upgrade/downgrade my Fibre Internet service?
Yes, you will be able to do so via MyAccount Portal. Please register with your fixed line number and the NRIC number you registered with. You may log on to MyAccount Portal via www.mylaunchpad.com.my.

Nop for existing customer you must serve at least 12 months in order to switch the package. The question is, how long is maxis FTTH been on the market? Perhaps less than 6 months?

QUOTE(feizaiII @ May 31 2012, 11:50 AM)
Since its a Promotion in short period and is not new pricing.. Afraid your complaint will just get ignored. If lucky enough, you will get free upgrade. Pray pray..
yeah usually maxis will play the timing game, keep dragging until the promo over then tell you they cannot do anything. Or, give you 1 or 2 days to consider a new enhance package but top up, which will definitely squeeze more money from your pocket..
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 31 2012, 03:18 PM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(kowa13 @ May 26 2012, 06:23 PM)
Just wanna share my frustration with those who feel the same that signed up the 4 or 6MB package few days/month earlier prior to the recent 10MB 118 campaign.

It is indeed a good deal but what about us? If you are in the same situation as mine, i urge you to exercise your consumer rights here

My intention is to gather more voices to reflect the customer satisfaction to Maxis. Currently there is no confirmation from them bout what they going to do but at least it seems like they 'reviewing' it. Hope it is a positive one.
You mean u previously signed up for either 4MB or 6MB (maybe higher price) and now Maxis giving discount and you jelly?

You can do no shit as you signed the contract...

Promotion is promotion....Doesnt mean its bounded for previous contract.
Even if they do, u should thank God.

Just like previously i signed up for Streamyx RM110/month with 2 years contract..
At some point of the contract, Unifi giving promotion for switching without penalty.
I took the promotion and i earned (selling the 1Malaysia laptop from Streamyx contract).
+Quote Post
kae7
post May 31 2012, 07:18 PM

10k VIP Club

I know people frust... , but I agreed with Wacky Angel ,

It is like the situation where , you can get Prius at better price like some forumer mention earlier.. it is even worse,

BUT , the RM 118/month for 10Mbps is a promotion..

you can't argue that... , you can't say it isn't fair...

you already understand and agreed with the term of contract when you sign /subscribe the plan..

These similar things happens to me too, I still remember when TM/Streamyx doing promotion , Blockbuster deal , it is really cheap...

and compare it with standard package -->

user posted image

luckily , I was offered to upgrade my plan to 1.0Mbps [Blockbuster deal] from 512kbps standard package smile.gif for free...
+Quote Post
kEazYc
post May 31 2012, 07:21 PM

Regular

People that lives in Malaysia long enough should know TM is the best broadband provider in Malaysia, read, ONLY IN MALAYSIA.

Going for other provider will end up being only frustrated in your mind.

This post has been edited by kEazYc: May 31 2012, 07:22 PM
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post Jun 1 2012, 12:50 AM

Regular

I feel very disappointed on this too. I felt that Maxis could have an option to at least extend it to the current customers too, of maybe extending the contract for another 24 month on top of the existing period left? At least, another option besides the one that triggers the penalty (is that even considered an option?)

From what I understand, they are looking into this at the moment, and hopefully, they will come out with a decision that will be acceptable to all.
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post Jun 1 2012, 10:41 AM

PeACe~~

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Yeah bro...Just like if u buy cloths today but suddenly 2 days later u saw the shop doing promotion 80% discount then u cant make noise lor smile.gif

QUOTE(kEazYc @ May 31 2012, 07:21 PM)
People that lives in Malaysia long enough should know TM is the best broadband provider in Malaysia, read, ONLY IN MALAYSIA.

Going for other provider will end up being only frustrated in your mind.
True

QUOTE(DrPitchard @ Jun 1 2012, 12:50 AM)
I feel very disappointed on this too. I felt that Maxis could have an option to at least extend it to the current customers too, of maybe extending the contract for another 24 month on top of the existing period left? At least, another option besides the one that triggers the penalty (is that even considered an option?)

From what I understand, they are looking into this at the moment, and hopefully, they will come out with a decision that will be acceptable to all.
Too bad.. But usually there's no such thing. Who wants to do a losing business?
+Quote Post
ALeUNe
post Jun 1 2012, 10:49 AM

I'm the purebred with aristocratic pedigree
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(kowa13 @ May 26 2012, 06:23 PM)

You signed 4MB package, Maxis gave you 4MB package.
New customers signed 10MB package, Maxis gave them 10MB package.
I don't see a problem. Maxis delivered what was agreed upon. Very fair.

Now, you cry foul.
You signed 4MB package and you want 10MB package.
Maxis has the absolute right to turn you down because it is NOT part of the agreement.
I think you are taking the advantage of Maxis.

Well, of course, Maxis might give in if there are too much pressure.
But you know you are taking the advantage.

P/S
Look at the title, you are no victim.
Why you signed the 4MB/6MB package in the very first place? Did Maxis deliver as per agreement?
You tried to "rob" by crying innocence.

P/S
It is wrong to open a thread and badmouth Maxis in this case. Kind of double-sin.

This post has been edited by ALeUNe: Jun 1 2012, 10:57 AM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 1 2012, 11:01 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Jun 1 2012, 10:49 AM)

Now, you cry foul.
Maxis has the absolute right to turn you down because it is NOT part of the agreement.

P/S
Why you signed the 4MB/6MB package in the very first place? Did Maxis deliver as per agreement?

P/S
It is wrong to open a thread and badmouth Maxis in this case. Kind of double-sin.
Agreed with ur point.

its all depend on the contract agreement that u signed.
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post Jun 1 2012, 12:48 PM

Regular

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Jun 1 2012, 10:49 AM)

Now, you cry foul.

P/S
Why you signed the 4MB/6MB package in the very first place?
Did Maxis deliver as per agreement?

P/S
Very solid reasoning.
+1

+Quote Post
kelvinftg
post Jun 1 2012, 01:06 PM

Getting Started

This is like, omg I just bought an Iphone 4 last month and you launched Iphone 4s????

WTF I demand an Iphone 4s in return! I don't care what I signed! Sounds just about right lol.
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 1 2012, 03:32 PM

Regular

QUOTE(kelvinftg @ Jun 1 2012, 01:06 PM)
This is like, omg I just bought an Iphone 4 last month and you launched Iphone 4s????

WTF I demand an Iphone 4s in return! I don't care what I signed! Sounds just about right lol.
And Apple dont give a damn, why will Maxis.
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jun 2 2012, 08:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i subscribe 10Mbps just before 1 week the promo launch i also no complain.

i paying RM218/month beb..byk tu.
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 2 2012, 09:17 PM

Regular

QUOTE(MNet @ Jun 2 2012, 08:01 PM)

kesian to U.
paying extra RM100 compared to promo price.
+Quote Post
shinkuro
post Jun 3 2012, 02:44 AM

Getting Started

maxis always cheat people...never believe in maxis anymore.. vmad.gif vmad.gif
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jun 3 2012, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!

@soulseeker6187

aku rilek jer bro.
rm100 tu pun bkn kira byk sgt pun
+Quote Post
PrinceCaspien
post Jun 3 2012, 06:49 PM

Unique

QUOTE(MNet @ Jun 2 2012, 08:01 PM)

I will change from vip10 to maxis ftth 10mbps....savings of rm81/mth......
+Quote Post
soitsuagain
post Jun 4 2012, 12:18 PM

Let's do it together!

I would definitely agree if you signed up for 6Mbps within May. But if you signed up for 4Mbps or anything before May than I have to say you have to be fair to Maxis! But it is very hard not to feel shortchanged. Their promotion is too aggressive! But you see Maxis has a lot to do with face especially the numbers don't climb since the last grand launch on September??? Their first year after the grand launch can't be worst than TM even when TM at that time was a virtually untapped market but of course Maxis don't give themselves excuses lol especially when the overall market penetration is still super low.
+Quote Post
zeronehza
post Jun 4 2012, 02:32 PM

Malaysian Real Madrid Supporter Club

2 years later.. i subscribe streamyx ent RM 691 for 4mbps.. then streamyx 4mbps soho / office in a box release in a few month just for RM 248/RM268

so how im feel that time? for 2 years im suffering the contract.. hahhaa.. now just downgrade to 4mbps soho already..

thats a same situation actually, the different is, mine is higher paying than maxis customer.. sad.gif 'rugi a lot'
+Quote Post
zzzxtreme
post Jun 5 2012, 11:29 AM

Synth Freak

so lesson learned. it's not about the speed. stable 5Mbps is already fast enough for most usage. so the mistake was how you spend your money, not the speed you get.

rm150 a month for unifi also wasn't cheap enough for me. when I see RM118, i quickly jump. let's say maxis offer RM118 for 20Mbps next month, I would be a little bit disappointed, but but just for a shortwhile.
+Quote Post
sexualpower
post Jun 7 2012, 02:32 PM

Student Management System, ERP

Anyone wants to migrate from 4Mbps / 6Mbps to the current 10Mbps RM118/month promo, please contact me.
+Quote Post
kowa13
post Jun 7 2012, 02:40 PM

QUOTE(sexualpower @ Jun 7 2012, 02:32 PM)
Anyone wants to migrate from 4Mbps / 6Mbps to the current 10Mbps RM118/month promo, please contact me.
without penalty??
+Quote Post
sexualpower
post Jun 7 2012, 02:41 PM

Student Management System, ERP

QUOTE(kowa13 @ Jun 7 2012, 02:40 PM)
without penalty??
I'm trying to get migration without penalty. My company will send in applications and demand migration.
+Quote Post
kowa13
post Jun 8 2012, 01:25 AM

Good news to all existing customers who would like to enjoy the same benefits. Latest update from Maxis:

--------------------------

Please be informed that you are eligible to change from 6Mbps to 10Mbps plan.

There will be no penalty and additional charges. Please note that upon migration to the new offer the contract will be renewed back to 24 months. At this juncture, we unable to advice when the promo will end. However, we suggest you to walk in to the nearest Maxis Centre as soon as possible to do the changes.

Do contact us should you require further assistance. Thank you.

+Quote Post
iCryz
post Jun 8 2012, 11:41 AM

Getting Started

really ? so i can upgrade from 6 mbps to 10 mbps without any penalty now?
+Quote Post
dayat
post Jun 8 2012, 11:57 AM

Getting Started

nice .. looks like we can upgrade without penalty .. oh yeah
+Quote Post
iCryz
post Jun 8 2012, 12:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kowa13 @ Jun 8 2012, 01:25 AM)
Good news to all existing customers who would like to enjoy the same benefits. Latest update from Maxis:

--------------------------

Please be informed that you are eligible to change from 6Mbps to 10Mbps plan.

There will be no penalty and additional charges. Please note that upon migration to the new offer the contract will be renewed back to 24 months. At this juncture, we unable to advice when the promo will end. However, we suggest you to walk in to the nearest Maxis Centre as soon as possible to do the changes.

Do contact us should you require further assistance. Thank you.
where do u get this information from ??
+Quote Post
hanifw
post Jun 8 2012, 12:17 PM

Casual

maxis suck. period.
+Quote Post
chester2007
post Jun 8 2012, 01:38 PM

the new price for maxis fiber realli attract me leh...but i realli scare maxis the charges n those T&C....
+Quote Post
kowa13
post Jun 8 2012, 03:59 PM

QUOTE(iCryz @ Jun 8 2012, 12:16 PM)
where do u get this information from ??
from the maxis forum..

https://forum.maxis.com.my/forum_topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3024

Added on June 8, 2012, 4:04 pm
QUOTE(hanifw @ Jun 8 2012, 12:17 PM)
maxis suck. period.
couldnt agree more. but tm lagi best..

QUOTE(dayat @ Jun 8 2012, 11:57 AM)
nice .. looks like we can upgrade without penalty .. oh yeah
yeah am gonna try it at maxis center tonite.

QUOTE(chester2007 @ Jun 8 2012, 01:38 PM)
the new price for maxis fiber realli attract me leh...but i realli scare maxis the charges n those T&C....
agreed.. but we dont have much choices here..

This post has been edited by kowa13: Jun 8 2012, 04:04 PM
+Quote Post
taufufa
post Jun 8 2012, 05:05 PM

Getting Started

really typical mindset. after signed black and white still blame people cheated you. what else you want? maxis is not charity company la. if you feel sick about this, write them a complain letter to their cust service department. shout loud here wont get you far.
+Quote Post
peri peri
post Jun 13 2012, 11:41 AM

i like hot hot chick

QUOTE(mdzaboy @ May 26 2012, 07:50 PM)
u can wait, once offer end, say hi to rm 228 again
+Quote Post
barca96
post Jun 13 2012, 12:44 PM

On my way

Imagine a few months later they have a better promotion ":ol:
+Quote Post
earthcrystal
post Jun 13 2012, 02:08 PM

Getting Started

We need to confirm that under the 24 months, the charged will be RM118 per month. Of course, when the contract has expired; we can opt not to continue without penalty. I presume that is the assurance we can hope for.
Upgrading from 6M to 10M, Maxis should allowed it as a token of appreciation to the existing customer who have supported Maxis and these customers will sign a new contract for another 24 months.
As for better promotion in the future, that's is inevitable. Can you keep on waiting until a promotion that can satisfy your needs?
smile.gif
+Quote Post
ZamAdaII
post Jun 13 2012, 09:46 PM

Should i terminated my streamyx unifi and get maxis instead? will the service will be the same at the end?
+Quote Post
ivankong
post Jun 15 2012, 11:17 AM

Group: New Member

I'm having a problems on my newly installed home fibre internet 10MB (installed on 7/June/2012) & the connection is not stable at all. Sometime the line will suddenly drop. Yesterday night, the line really breakdown. I called Maxis yesterday night (14/June/2012) after having problem with my internet & give my best assistance to your phone tech for about 1 hr++. But unable to resolve the problem. She log a report for me. I'm hoping this morning some technician will come & look into the problem for me. Which I took leave to stay home to wait for assistance..

I got a call again from Maxis this morning (15/June/2012). Asking me to do all over again whatever been done yesterday night. When I asked for technician assistance, he say "it will within 7 working days. We are checking the issue with TMNet".

When I ask whether I can cancel it or not as it's giving sooo much of headache which Unifi doesn't have, he say there will be a penalty. Very disappointing...

As to everyone else which thinking of installing Home Fibre 10MB, have a second a thought of it.

vmad.gif mad.gif rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 15 2012, 11:35 AM

Regular

QUOTE(ivankong @ Jun 15 2012, 11:17 AM)
I'm having a problems on my newly installed home fibre internet 10MB (installed on 7/June/2012) & the connection is not stable at all. Sometime the line will suddenly drop. Yesterday night, the line really breakdown. I called Maxis yesterday night (14/June/2012) after having problem with my internet & give my best assistance to your phone tech for about 1 hr++. But unable to resolve the problem. She log a report for me. I'm hoping this morning some technician will come & look into the problem for me. Which I took leave to stay home to wait for assistance..

I got a call again from Maxis this morning (15/June/2012).  Asking me to do all over again whatever been done yesterday night. When I asked for technician assistance, he say "it will within 7 working days. We are checking the issue with TMNet".

When I ask whether I can cancel it or not as it's giving sooo much of headache which Unifi doesn't have, he say there will be a penalty. Very disappointing...

As to everyone else which thinking of installing Home Fibre 10MB, have a second a thought of it.

vmad.gif  mad.gif  rclxub.gif
Sorry to hear that but nothing they can do. they use TM fiber line so they will forward the problem for TM to solve. If router problem sure they can help.
+Quote Post
ckh83
post Jun 15 2012, 03:06 PM

QUOTE(soulseeker6187 @ Jun 15 2012, 11:35 AM)
Sorry to hear that but nothing they can do. they use TM fiber line so they will forward the problem for TM to solve. If router problem sure they can help.
Yes, last time my router problem, they exchange me at next business day.
Good service for this, but sometime tm problem can't really 100% blame them.
+Quote Post
earthcrystal
post Jun 16 2012, 09:06 AM

Getting Started

@ivankong. Sorry to hear about your problem. Btw, if you don't mind telling me your location or area? My friend has sign-up and installation is at the end of this month - my friend location is in Pandan Indah.
Since TMNet is the ONLY and numero UNO company in Malaysia, other ISP company have to lease line from TMNet. If the problem is at the core, the otehr ISP company can't do much about it.
sad.gif
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 16 2012, 11:03 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ivankong @ Jun 15 2012, 11:17 AM)

I got a call again from Maxis this morning (15/June/2012).  Asking me to do all over again whatever been done yesterday night. When I asked for technician assistance, he say "it will within 7 working days. We are checking the issue with TMNet".

vmad.gif  mad.gif  rclxub.gif
your prob similar to those unifi users had expressed at certain locations.. anyone can do self study looking at unifi forum.. unifi you can terminate with rm500 penalty. if u still got 11 mths left your penalty will be rm1298. if the issue is unbearable. despite you done everything to complain & escalate to authorities. i dunno how you can stand the 2 year term.

maxis riding on unifi fiber backbone = same prob with unifi.

i am more worry of mass ppl signing to maxis. in canto cheap, beautiful & best offer. means the existing bandwith will be divided among many. end of the day you all will have congestion. when that happens there will be frequent disconnection, slow browsing & high ping. then maxis will change the rules of engagement per your contract. ppl say worth it save rm81 monthly.. but there are always a catch. u find out in time.

Added on June 16, 2012, 11:40 ami do not discourage anyone to sign up.

however as ISP themselves. they need to do capacity planning versus no. of users using their services. if they notice that there are problems. they should halt any new registration till issues are reactified. till they expanded their network. but in m'sia bolehland.. you know i know.

This post has been edited by toh2020: Jun 16 2012, 11:40 AM
+Quote Post
dayat
post Jun 16 2012, 01:59 PM

Getting Started

maxis problem, blame unifi/tm ..

this is not rigt .. maxis has bought the service from tm , so all the business and technical must come from maxis ..
even tm leased the fiber line to maxis, maxis should responsible to everything .. blame tm is not our business to think .. that's internal maxis problem to blame tm ..

just my 2cent ..

This post has been edited by dayat: Jun 16 2012, 01:59 PM
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 16 2012, 02:10 PM

Casual

when u set an appointment. maxis installer comes together with tm staffs. if tm personal is not free. nothing maxis can do. thats why how applications are hogged up. ppl have to queue longer.

Added on June 16, 2012, 3:34 pmmaxis sewa the fiber infra from unifi. if there are probs maxis are dependant of tm. they amsweable to their customers not tm.

i always prefer maxis to have own fiber channel network for new housing project. but i know there is a forum the new bejaya housing area are monopoly by digi.

This post has been edited by toh2020: Jun 16 2012, 03:36 PM
+Quote Post
KAHAK
post Jun 16 2012, 05:00 PM

Getting Started

1 know 1 reason they lies to me also heheh!!! wow
+Quote Post
earthcrystal
post Jun 18 2012, 09:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dayat @ Jun 16 2012, 01:59 PM)
maxis problem, blame unifi/tm ..
this is not rigt .. maxis has bought the service from tm , so all the business and technical must come from maxis ..
even tm leased the fiber line to maxis, maxis should responsible to everything .. blame tm is not our business to think .. that's internal maxis problem to blame tm ..
just my 2cent ..
I feel for you bro.
Maxis rent line from TMnet.
When connection problem, you complained to Maxis. If Maxis problem, Maxis has to fix it. If TMnet problem, Maxis is responsible to complain to TMnet to fix it and only TMnet knows when it can be fixed.
If you are using Streamyx, only TMnet can fix it hopefully not in their own sweet time.
We have no choice. Tell me if I am wrong, every ISP will have this problem.
That's is how our internet services worked here.
There can only be one, that is TMnet.
sad.gif

Added on June 18, 2012, 9:55 am
QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jun 16 2012, 02:10 PM)
when u set an appointment. maxis installer comes together with tm staffs. if tm personal is not free. nothing maxis can do. thats why how applications are hogged up. ppl have to queue longer.

Added on June 16, 2012, 3:34 pmmaxis sewa the fiber infra from unifi. if there are probs maxis are dependant of tm. they amsweable to their customers not tm.

i always prefer maxis to have own fiber channel network for new housing project. but i know there is a forum the new bejaya housing area are monopoly by digi.
Walau eh. TM staffs has to do installation. Cialat pak cheet.
Maxis depends on TMnet.
So Digi also depends on TMnet too?
smile.gif

This post has been edited by earthcrystal: Jun 18 2012, 09:55 AM
+Quote Post
meric_1
post Jun 18 2012, 10:52 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(ryudell @ May 29 2012, 11:53 AM)
this is bad
6. You accept and acknowledge that Maxis reserves the right to leverage onto your residential WiFi modem to cater to the Maxis Hotspot service which may be accessible by the general public who are subscribed to the
service. The Maxis WiFi Hotspot service does not increase your available bandwidth and will not impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the Service performance, security or risk issues to you

Can anyone please tell me why is it so bad when it wont impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the service performance and etc?
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 19 2012, 07:45 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(meric_1 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:52 PM)

Can anyone please tell me why is it so bad when it wont impact your internet quota nor will it cause degradation of the service performance and etc?
ur point is?
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 19 2012, 10:33 AM

Casual

if anything with tm infra. they surely entertain their unifi cust because of direct contact with them.
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 19 2012, 10:37 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:33 AM)
if anything with tm infra. they surely entertain their unifi cust because of direct contact with them.
that is y..
so the maxis subscriber will be left behind..
no priority
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 19 2012, 10:42 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 19 2012, 10:37 AM)
that is y..
so the maxis subscriber will be left behind..
no priority
they offer u cheaper price ma.. but honestly if affected. tm unifi also kena.
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 19 2012, 10:58 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:42 AM)
they offer u cheaper price ma.. but honestly if affected. tm unifi also kena.
theoratically it should be like that la
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 19 2012, 11:03 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 19 2012, 10:58 AM)
theoratically it should be like that la
yup it be major outage. but some daily probs.. maxis depend on tm. users need to be patience.
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 19 2012, 11:07 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:03 PM)
yup it be major outage. but some daily probs.. maxis depend on tm. users need to be patience.
consumer will be always the bottomline here
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 19 2012, 11:11 AM

Casual

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 19 2012, 11:07 AM)
consumer will be always the bottomline here
it be ding dong game. maxis blame tm. then tm blame maxis. end of day users get confused.
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 19 2012, 11:16 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(toh2020 @ Jun 19 2012, 12:11 PM)
it be ding dong game. maxis blame tm. then tm blame maxis. end of day users get confused.
we blame both..
n if no 1 wants to take the blame, TRIBUNAL!!
+Quote Post
beeru
post Jun 19 2012, 08:08 PM

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 19 2012, 11:16 AM)
we blame both..
n if no 1 wants to take the blame, TRIBUNAL!!
you can blame tm but don't think you can take them to court because you and tm has no connection contractually...it's like you rent a faulty Saga from Hertz and something bad happens, can you sue the car company, Proton? No, you can only take the car rental company to court.
+Quote Post
DrPitchard
post Jun 19 2012, 08:26 PM

Regular

QUOTE(iCryz @ Jun 8 2012, 11:41 AM)
really ? so i can upgrade from 6 mbps to 10 mbps without any penalty now?
Yes, you can. Just walk in to any Maxis centre... :-)
+Quote Post
iCryz
post Jun 21 2012, 08:20 PM

Getting Started

thanks smile.gif
+Quote Post
RaceRosakRepair
post Jun 25 2012, 05:11 PM

QUOTE(meric_1 @ Jun 18 2012, 10:52 PM)

you pay 118 & other PEOPLE use 'your equipment/hotspot' for FREE is just plain stupid.
not only stupid, moron.

Maxis is utilizing local access/HSBB access bought from TM Wholesae (see source).
If that place has TM Unifi present, there's high chance where Maxis Home Fibre Internet also available.

For Unifi, there are 2 separate VLAN (Virtual LAN), 1 for IPTV, 1 for Internet.

Since Maxis doesn't offered IPTV, there is 1 'free/not utilize' VLAN.

I suspect this why Maxis is using the 'free/not utilize' VLAN for 'PUBLIC HOTSPOT.'

In theory, there will be no performance degradation since your Internet VLAN & the 'FREE/PUBLIC HOTSPOT sponsored by YOU MORON' (at RM118 per month), both separate PATH/VLAN.

Unless the fibre optic cable/fibre box physically damaged, both Internet & the 'FREE/PUBLIC HOTSPOT sponsored by YOU MORON' (at RM118 per month) will be affected.

source:-
http://www.malaysianwireless.com/2010/12/maxis-tm-hsbb/

"CONGRATULATION for your Stupidity"
user posted image

This post has been edited by RaceRosakRepair: Jun 25 2012, 05:14 PM
+Quote Post
azizul1975
post Jun 26 2012, 11:02 AM

Enthusiast

rm149 - 5mbps + useless tv channels

rm118 - 10mbps

... emm i wonder which one is moronic...?
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 26 2012, 01:07 PM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(azizul1975 @ Jun 26 2012, 12:02 PM)

rm118 - 10mbps

some moron(s) did not know they are moron n say others moron..but in the end, they are the moron + idiot + stupid + etc
+Quote Post
kimyee73
post Jun 26 2012, 04:24 PM

Casual

QUOTE(RaceRosakRepair @ Jun 25 2012, 05:11 PM)
In theory, there will be no performance degradation since your Internet VLAN & the 'FREE/PUBLIC HOTSPOT sponsored by YOU MORON' (at RM118 per month), both separate PATH/VLAN.
Not entirely true. The hotspot subscriber will be sharing your Maxis supplied wireless router and this may cause congestion to your own access if there are many hotspot users connecting.

On related note, the router will be remotely managed by Maxis and you cannot change or manage the router like what has been done by some Unifi usersi.

Added on June 26, 2012, 4:29 pm
QUOTE(azizul1975 @ Jun 26 2012, 11:02 AM)
One man meat is another man poison. Useless for you but some others may like it. You don't get the same censorship on Al Jazeera during Bersih 3.0 as what happened on Astro.

This post has been edited by kimyee73: Jun 26 2012, 04:29 PM
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 26 2012, 04:35 PM

Regular

QUOTE(kimyee73 @ Jun 26 2012, 04:24 PM)
Not entirely true. The hotspot subscriber will be sharing your Maxis supplied wireless router and this may cause congestion to your own access if there are many hotspot users connecting.

On related note, the router will be remotely managed by Maxis and you cannot change or manage the router like what has been done by some Unifi usersi.

Added on June 26, 2012, 4:29 pm
One man meat is another man poison. Useless for you but some others may like it. You don't get the same censorship on Al Jazeera during Bersih 3.0 as what happened on Astro.
actually U can change to ur own router same as unifi method.
its just that u will lose the voip function.

and FYI the provided thomson router that maxis supplied wireless signal is sucks to the max. im pretty sure if maxis do implement to make it a public hotspot, then nobody will get any signal.
+Quote Post
azizul1975
post Jun 26 2012, 04:46 PM

Enthusiast

just for that channel ? uh......

+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 26 2012, 04:47 PM

Casual

one thing about hotspot. you are opening up yout thomspon router for general public. which in turn will put extra load to the router processing power. hence increase power consumption & heat up the router faster. eventually that will affect your networking experiences also. nevertheless by opening your router. it gives hackers opportunities to do hanky panky with your own device. although you have access to admin your router. the access is very limited. why i say this?

take one good example of P1 modem/router. user admin & p1ost. whereby the admin password was given to users with limited rights. as for p1ost meant for P1 support to remote access your router. the account itself has 100% full access to your device. whereby users in general know nuts about it. because they think admin has 100% control.

in case of maxis, rm118 indeed a very good deal. but the terms & condition assure that they can break even with tm unifi vip10 behind your back.

This post has been edited by toh2020: Jun 26 2012, 04:49 PM
+Quote Post
azizul1975
post Jun 26 2012, 04:56 PM

Enthusiast

i personally wouldn't worry much about the public hotspot for now.... at least for the next 2 years.... implementation is slow in this country.....

+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 26 2012, 05:02 PM

Casual

the only workaround is to replace the thompson router. which will deny maxis opportunities to remotely tweek your devices without your own knowldege and your permission also. yeah they are selling wifi hotspot services. where you pay monthly for them to charge other ppl. very smart move indeed.

slow as it can be. maxis is pulling a mass sign in campaign. irregardless you like it or not. which the existing bandwith wil be divided to more ppl.
+Quote Post
skylinelover
post Jun 26 2012, 08:45 PM

<3 i love megan fox <3

haha i knew this will happen...thks goodness i did not sign up
+Quote Post
RaceRosakRepair
post Jun 26 2012, 09:29 PM

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jun 26 2012, 08:45 PM)
haha i knew this will happen...thks goodness i did not sign up
congratulation, u r not one those morons.

hahaha.

Added on June 26, 2012, 9:34 pm

is it? Oh I thought they are using multi SSIDs with separate VLANs?

This post has been edited by RaceRosakRepair: Jun 26 2012, 09:34 PM
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 26 2012, 10:20 PM

Casual

the tm fiber ONT is capable of gigabit transfer. so any more data throughput is not an issue. if the ISP wanna extend it to their discretion. however this is offline from user interface anyhow. i mean to the user's router. because of this unifi users has the beauty to use own customized router. with the phone intact to tm ONT that works perfectly without tampering.

the thing about wifi, in order to have good coverage. the Tx/Rx power will have to be increased to improvise coverage. hence will generate more physical heat on the router. for a 2.4GHz channel. like N network can go up to 300Mbps. however imagine yourself in a LAN sharing with other ppl (hotspot). don't you think can get max 300Mbps bandwith fully utilized by ownself? what more if you have already had wireless network. you can surely feel it.

in layman maxis touches users router. while tm on it's own huawei ONT device. you can see the pro and cons between two service provider.

this is exceptional issue for Asus RT-N56U/66U. where they got 2 band antenna. your 2.4G & 5GB are totally hardware isolated. to allow user access as normal. while the 5GB allows HD video streaming. how about thompson router can it support hardware multiband. if they seriously wanna implement hotspot on users routers. please don't get confuse with multiple SSID.

Added on June 26, 2012, 10:23 pmthis is reason why a seperate forum was created. customize router for maxis fiber. if the phone works. for sure most ppl would drop the thompson router. give no way for maxis to do hanky panky with (users) routers remotely.

This post has been edited by toh2020: Jun 26 2012, 10:47 PM
+Quote Post
kimyee73
post Jun 27 2012, 07:39 AM

Casual

QUOTE(azizul1975 @ Jun 26 2012, 04:46 PM)
just for that channel ? uh......
Not just for Al Jazeera. I just happen to use its catch-up tv feature the day after Bersih 3.0 to see what foreign new saying about it since this feature is not available on Astro. There is Fashion TV HD for fashion fan, TvN HD for Korean entertainment, Al Jazeera and Singapore's Channel News Asia for news, Universal Channel HD and Fox Crime HD for tv series, BBC Knowledge for documentaries, MTV Live HD & Channel V Taiwan for music lovers & several Hindustan channels. There are more channels than mentioned. The bad news is it severely lacking in sports and kids/teenagers entertainment. Several kids channels it has are really for babies and toddlers.

Added on June 27, 2012, 7:59 am
QUOTE(RaceRosakRepair @ Jun 26 2012, 09:29 PM)
is it? Oh I thought they are using multi SSIDs with separate VLANs?
Think about it. Assuming you rely entirely on wireless connection. You are watching HD movie streaming from your NAS server, your wife is watching youtube, your kid is playing online game and your PC is torrenting movies at the same time. This already add massive load to your wireless router. To make matter worst, several Maxis subscriber are streaming youtube, downloading stuff at the same time. I don't think your user experience will not be impacted. How many users this Thompson wireless router can handle simultaneously at max speed? This will probably affect those houses close to commercial areas since those deep in the taman would probably have their own home internet access.

This post has been edited by kimyee73: Jun 27 2012, 07:59 AM
+Quote Post
big2me
post Jun 27 2012, 12:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(azizul1975 @ Jun 26 2012, 11:02 AM)

rm118 - 10mbps

but nobody will come to install....

This post has been edited by big2me: Jun 27 2012, 12:26 PM
+Quote Post
Ice BabY
post Jun 27 2012, 01:32 PM

Getting Started

Just install maxis fiber.. woohoooooooo!!!
user posted image

This post has been edited by Ice BabY: Jun 27 2012, 01:33 PM
+Quote Post
big2me
post Jun 27 2012, 03:31 PM

Getting Started

just now maxis CS baru call me to confirm install date, 30 July......

wacko.gif
+Quote Post
seyuripa
post Jun 27 2012, 04:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Ice BabY @ Jun 27 2012, 01:32 PM)
Just install maxis fiber.. woohoooooooo!!!
user posted image
I got my maxis home fiber today also smile.gif The speed is so far so good. My download speed is at 9.66Mbps and upload 8.44Mbps
+Quote Post
azizul1975
post Jun 29 2012, 09:10 AM

Enthusiast

now we feel very victimized indeed... pay rm118 got 10mbps.... lol
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 29 2012, 09:17 AM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(azizul1975 @ Jun 29 2012, 10:10 AM)
now we feel very victimized indeed... pay rm118 got 10mbps.... lol
Y?
+Quote Post
azizul1975
post Jun 29 2012, 09:41 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 29 2012, 09:17 AM)
Y?
*uh...forgot to turn on sarcasm button....
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 29 2012, 09:56 AM

Casual

for those who condemn maxis fiber. please state your facts clearly. so others can properly evaluate. everyone wants solution to their problems & challenges. if you can contribute ideas in layman term stating the pro & cons. that will be great.

some of the users are neither had experience with maxis nor unifi. they just give sarcastic remarks without knowing anything.
+Quote Post
shenshenshen
post Jun 29 2012, 08:30 PM

Regular

EH, MAXIS really poor la...

today was supposed to be the installation date so i took an unpaid leave since i dont have any annual leave left to supervise the installation.

there are actually 2 guys working together. 1 is subcon under MAXIS and 1 is TM's Contractor to install the fiber cable (i knew this was the shit part).

So they took up 4 hours of my time trying to setup the system. In the end the TM guy told me their center haven't configure the port that allows a 10MBPS connection. WTF right?

The guy told me MAXIS will call and arrange an appointment. Judging from the in-demand of this package it won't be anytime soon. FML! lousy lah

Wasted my 4 hours and wasted my unpaid leave. doh.gif which definitely will affect performance bonus.

I wanted to call MAXIS center and tiao them...but think back rather silly because none of the customer service agent deserves a hammering....

f*cking ridiculous lah...
+Quote Post
soulseeker6187
post Jun 29 2012, 08:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(shenshenshen @ Jun 29 2012, 08:30 PM)

today was supposed to be the installation date so i took an unpaid leave since i dont have any annual leave left to supervise the installation.

there are actually 2 guys working together. 1 is subcon under MAXIS and 1 is TM's Contractor to install the fiber cable (i knew this was the shit part).

So they took up 4 hours of my time trying to setup the system. In the end the TM guy told me their center haven't configure the port that allows a 10MBPS connection. WTF right?

The guy told me MAXIS will call and arrange an appointment. Judging from the in-demand of this package it won't be anytime soon. FML! lousy lah

Wasted my 4 hours and wasted my unpaid leave. doh.gif which definitely will affect performance bonus.

I wanted to call MAXIS center and tiao them...but think back rather silly because none of the customer service agent deserves a hammering....

well actually the port config is TM problem.
+Quote Post
ryudell
post Jun 29 2012, 10:14 PM

*SUPERB*

QUOTE(shenshenshen @ Jun 29 2012, 09:30 PM)

TM should be the 1 to blamed..
but maxis also need to be blame coz they r the 1s who liaise with TM
+Quote Post
toh2020
post Jun 29 2012, 10:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ryudell @ Jun 29 2012, 10:14 PM)
TM should be the 1 to blamed..
but maxis also need to be blame coz they r the 1s who liaise with TM
when u complain to tm directly. u think they entertain since u are not unifi customer. they tell u call maxis. in overall maxis are to take full ownership for offering such kinda services. in fact you don't pay tm. you pay your bills to maxis. where maxis inturn pay tm for leasing of their infra.
+Quote Post
barca96
post Jun 29 2012, 11:23 PM

On my way

I walked to a Maxis outlet just now and to my horror, this sweet deal (RM118) ended on the 28th and not at the end of the month.

I don't understand why a promotion ends on a random day. It's usually on the last day of the month.

TM better come up with a counter offer.
<RM150 for 10mbps!

Any rumors so far of a counter offer?
My steamyx contract will end in September.
Need to make a decision in August/September.
+Quote Post
seyuripa
post Jun 30 2012, 12:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(barca96 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:23 PM)
I walked to a Maxis outlet just now and to my horror, this sweet deal (RM118) ended on the 28th and not at the end of the month.

I don't understand why a promotion ends on a random day. It's usually on the last day of the month.

TM better come up with a counter offer.
<RM150 for 10mbps!

Any rumors so far of a counter offer?
My steamyx contract will end in September.
Need to make a decision in August/September.
Why not you subscribe earlier? You can set the installation date after your streamyx ended.Anyway,I heard its RM138/month for maxis postpaid users now?
+Quote Post
barca96
post Jun 30 2012, 01:03 PM

On my way

QUOTE(seyuripa @ Jun 30 2012, 12:56 PM)
Why not you subscribe earlier? You can set the installation date after your streamyx ended.Anyway,I heard its RM138/month for maxis postpaid users now?
I didn't know about the ability to push back installation date very far until recently.

It's RM128 for >1 year Maxis postpaid user and
RM148 for a <1 year Maxis postpaid user or not a user at all.
+Quote Post
seyuripa
post Jul 1 2012, 02:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(barca96 @ Jun 30 2012, 01:03 PM)
I didn't know about the ability to push back installation date very far until recently.

It's RM128 for >1 year Maxis postpaid user and
RM148 for a <1 year Maxis postpaid user or not a user at all.
I just saw the new promotion notices from maxis site, its stated RM138/month for maxis postpaid.
RM148/month for non maxis

+Quote Post
hermes15184
post Jul 1 2012, 07:33 PM

still a good deal compared to Unifi...10 mbps vs 5 mbps for rm1 less.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1540sec    3.68    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:06 AM