Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nokia confirms that symbian is still alive!, +++BRAVO NOKIA+++

views

TSred3devil
post May 25 2012, 10:06 PM, updated 8y ago

34 posts

Nokia confirms that Carla update for Symbian is not cancelled icon_rolleyes.gif

ACCORDING TO GSMARENA.COM

A couple of days ago we ran a story that stated the Carla update for Nokia Belle has been cancelled. However, we have now been contacted by Nokia regarding this matter, stating that this is not the case at all.

What we know as Carla was essentially the codename for Belle Feature Pack 1. According to the Nokia employee who spoke to us, the Carla update, or Belle FP1 as it will be known as, is not cancelled and will start rolling out shortly. The first phone to run on this update will be the upcoming Nokia 808 PureView and soon some of the existing Nokia devices, which includes the Nokia 700, 701 and 603, will be updated to Belle FP1. Older phones such as the N8 and the E7 won't be getting this update, but there is something else called the Nokia Belle Refresh being planned for them.

The Belle FP1 update is supposed to bring features such as new set of widgets, improved browser with HTML5 support, Dolby Headphone, new version of Nokia Maps, improved notification bar and multitasking view, and the Microsoft Apps. The update will also increase the clock speed on the Nokia 700 and 701 from 1GHz to 1.3GHz.

You can find out more about the Belle FP1 update HERE http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/01/...feature-pack-1/
jasonlaminx
post May 25 2012, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

cool
legenderycity
post May 26 2012, 12:19 AM

Regular
1,016 posts

Glad to hear that the first gen Symbian^3 phones will still be getting one last update smile.gif
Gurvin Abruzzi
post Jun 4 2012, 01:11 AM

Am G Man yo
5,467 posts

Nokia dumping symbian soon. Focus on windows phone.
BabiDoll
post Jul 17 2012, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Symbian cant do much honestly.. im pretty sad with my N8.. very slow and the only good thing about it just the camera..
zebra1995
post Jul 28 2012, 01:59 AM

Jedi Padawan
503 posts

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Jul 17 2012, 02:35 PM)
Symbian cant do much honestly.. im pretty sad with my N8.. very slow and the only good thing about it just the camera..
same with my c6-01 blush.gif
kae7
post Jul 28 2012, 11:32 AM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

Well, I'm happy with my N8 , it is very fast and smooth

Although not as smooth as iOS devices / WP , but at least it is smoother than Android device..

This post has been edited by kae7: Jul 28 2012, 11:33 AM
BabiDoll
post Aug 1 2012, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Jul 28 2012, 11:32 AM)
Well, I'm happy with my N8 , it is very fast and smooth

Although not as smooth as iOS devices / WP  , but at least it is smoother than Android device..
Are u kidding...? android is better than this n8 belle..
kae7
post Aug 1 2012, 02:56 PM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Aug 1 2012, 10:33 AM)
Am I look like I'm kidding ?

don't compare with Android JellyBean 4.1 in quad core phone,

compare with the single core 1 GHz Android devices [is that phone compatible with JellyBean] ..??

this Belle is comparable with 4.0 ICS in those 1 GHz Android device..

and.. have u use Belle in 1GHz Symbian device... , you should try.. it is smoother..

so, by comparing OS... Belle is still better...
BabiDoll
post Aug 1 2012, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Aug 1 2012, 02:56 PM)

compare with the single core 1 GHz Android devices [is that phone compatible with JellyBean] ..??

and.. have u use Belle in 1GHz Symbian device... , you should try.. it is smoother..

HTC Desire HD is 1GHz, anytime win this nokia n8...
shakku
post Aug 1 2012, 03:49 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Aug 1 2012, 02:56 PM)

Dude, let me help to clarify here.
Yes, JELLY BEAN 4.1.1 runs on single core 1Ghz Google Nexus S.
It's official supported device by Google.
KannaSai1
post Aug 1 2012, 04:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(BabiDoll @ Aug 1 2012, 10:33 AM)
he might compare with those same processor . 600 Mhz. kinda grandfather androids.
kae7
post Aug 1 2012, 04:26 PM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Aug 1 2012, 04:13 PM)
he might compare with those same processor . 600 Mhz. kinda grandfather androids.
hmm, actually I don't want to compare to those similar processor with N8, for that... Android will lose [with 'grandfather androids']

I'd like to compare with those Android device which has higher processor..

probably, next time I will try my friend's Google Nexus S , still haven't tried that yet..

last Monday, I've tried the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean.. smooth.. but still has noticeable lag [probably because of the phone's widget].. but overall Jelly Bean is nice..

I'm also had tried ICS in Xperia Pro.. but it not nice...maybe ICS not stable in that phone...
ICS in Galaxy S2 , nice..

so, I want to compare because want to know how Android OS performs.. If it can performs well in single core 1GHz Google Nexus S.. [Jelly Bean OS] .. I think,.. the OS itself has improve.. provided that I have tried the JellyBean in Galaxy Nexus and I'm satisfied with it.. although I notice some lag in the homescreen to the menu[probably because of widgets..etc]

KannaSai1
post Aug 1 2012, 05:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Aug 1 2012, 04:26 PM)
hmm, actually I don't want to compare to those similar processor with N8, for that... Android will lose [with 'grandfather androids']

I'd like to compare with those Android device which has higher processor..

probably, next time I will try my friend's Google Nexus S , still haven't tried that yet..

last Monday, I've tried the Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean.. smooth.. but still has noticeable lag [probably because of the phone's widget].. but overall Jelly Bean is nice..

I'm also had tried ICS in Xperia Pro.. but it not nice...maybe ICS not stable in that phone...
ICS in Galaxy S2 , nice..
so, I want to compare because want to know how Android OS performs.. If it can performs well in single core 1GHz Google Nexus S.. [Jelly Bean OS] .. I think,.. the OS itself has improve.. provided that I have tried the JellyBean in Galaxy Nexus and I'm satisfied with it.. although I notice some lag in the homescreen to the menu[probably because of widgets..etc]
if N8 running whatapp, fb etc at background as nexus do. i dun think n8 will lag.
kae7
post Aug 1 2012, 05:59 PM

10k VIP Club
All Stars
10,941 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Aug 1 2012, 05:38 PM)
if N8 running whatapp, fb etc at background as nexus do. i dun think n8 will lag.
nexus S or galaxy nexus? if nexus S, I still didn't tried yet..

yes.. not lag.. your thought is true.. N8 is not lag...

Later I will compared with N8 without apps and widget running and Galaxy Nexus without widgets and apps running

Galaxy Nexus should be smooth , because before this, with apps also smooth.. just a bit noticeable lag when in homescreen enter to the menu[JellyBean]

KannaSai1
post Aug 1 2012, 06:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(kae7 @ Aug 1 2012, 05:59 PM)
nexus S or galaxy nexus? if nexus S, I still didn't tried yet..

yes.. not lag.. your thought is true.. N8 is not lag...
Later I will compared with N8 without apps and widget running and Galaxy Nexus without widgets and apps running

Galaxy Nexus should be smooth , because before this, with apps also smooth.. just a bit noticeable lag when in homescreen enter to the menu[JellyBean]
doh.gif

die straight. that's why i throw my n8. and move to iOS. ^^ thumbup.gif
BabiDoll
post Aug 2 2012, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Aug 1 2012, 06:01 PM)
doh.gif

die straight. that's why i throw my n8. and move to iOS. ^^  thumbup.gif
hmm.. i dont throw.. but i dont use.. put at home.. backup phone in case my i-telephone no battery etc.
xiao Mei
post Nov 26 2012, 04:27 PM

18 posts

Glad to hear that the first gen Symbian^3 phones will still be getting one last update
kinabalu
post Dec 1 2012, 10:03 AM

20k VIP club
1,165 posts

So after carla, anymore updates?
sfotsy
post Dec 17 2012, 12:40 AM

Getting Started
192 posts

happy to know because i do still have lots of old Symbian version of Mobile Phone. Anyway I feel that is really good for those Nokia fans here, as I do feel like to use it is really really all of my High tech Mobile phone either Andriod, Apple OS or Windows 8 phone are gone , then i will use back my old symbian phone.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0412sec    2.79    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2019 - 09:59 AM