Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Japanese govt promoting Shinkansen to Malaysia, may even willing to provide financing!

views

stimix
post May 25 2012, 11:09 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 25 2012, 10:57 AM)
The thing is KTM track in Melaka does not reach into Melaka city, only Batang Melaka or Tampin.

It is rumoured that the HSR may pass nearby urban Melaka.

How fast is ETS compared to high speed train?

KL - Seremban already takes 1 hour. Seremban to Gemas may take at least 1 hour. That means ETS from KL-Gemas (Johor border) already close to 2 hours. Then Gemas-JB about 200 km distance, average speed of 110 km/h...........1.8 hours.

That means KL-JB using ETS will be much longer compared to proposed 90 mins ride of HSR.
Urban M'cca - Hopefully they should consider side by side wth Melaka Sentral brows.gif

The possible stns:

user posted image

So Ayer Keroh, Batu Pahat & Inskadar Johor for sure possible intercity stop liao..

This post has been edited by stimix: May 25 2012, 11:16 AM
stimix
post May 25 2012, 11:34 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Go-go..Support this HSR we must.

Politikus we must not. Just do it.
stimix
post May 25 2012, 11:49 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

Don't care Japanese Shitkatsin kah or China CHR kah... but the most important just do it... The more we bising-bising /Ah Chi Ah Chor the more delay this project gonna be....darn to all the non stop arguement
stimix
post May 25 2012, 11:59 AM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ May 25 2012, 11:52 AM)
Your salary enough to pay the ticket?
If China build, for sure still can afford but not daily-lah..probably weekly/monthly... If Japanese build....For sure the ticket price will be shitkaliao wan. One way journey from Tokyo to Kyoto if I'm not mistaken ~ RM800 liao doh.gif ..That's from ~ KL to ALor Setar? and if from KL to SG, most probably one way ~ RM600 liao rclxub.gif ...If China...Probably RM100 one way nia brows.gif bcos kenot lower than AA
stimix
post May 25 2012, 12:01 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(eclectice @ May 25 2012, 11:56 AM)
About the China's bullet-train accident... I want to add: in any modern railway system, all components of a system must work well...not only the trains. Anyone who wants to bid for their bullet-train in Malaysia must now comes with a good system to manage them as well.

Since Japanese has proven beyond any doubt that their 1960s bullet-train system works up to this day without any single train accident due to signalling fault (which is also a part of its system) even for a country that is natural disaster-prone, I will choose Japanese technology over Chinese technology.
If the Japanese can competitively priced the ticket to China rate.. good liao.. but comparing the Shitkatliao price right now wth China CSR..is just like Sky & ground liao lor...
stimix
post May 25 2012, 12:09 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(keaizer @ May 25 2012, 12:05 PM)
wasting money lah this bullet train..u want fast use plane better
If you take into a/c the requirement on check-in time, waiting & upon arrival waiting for baggages..& even transport from airport to downtown....That's diff story liao... From my experience taking bullet train in China.. just walked in to the counter..buy a ticket and enter within 15min time..Thereafter once reaching destionation, just swicth to MRT to hotel.. damn fast... Check-in time, waiting time, waiting for luggages & trpt to airport - is the killer..
stimix
post May 27 2012, 12:19 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,540 posts

QUOTE(hack3line @ May 26 2012, 03:33 AM)
nahhh Japan transportation documentary especially about shinkansen... in english

JAPAN HAVE THE MOST EFFICIENT TRAIN SYSTEM IN THIS WORLD !!

punctuality is always #1 in japan !!!
Haha that video really just like my experience there...But ticket info speaking english - Nah... Not all...I see one guy avoiding that poor girl tring to asked in English... I hv similar problem there haha. but not stranger but Shinjuku train stn info counter... None of the staff can speak English and direct me to Odakyu line counter wth English speaker inside the mall...

Changing from one line to another can be tricky...I almost got lost inside Shinjuku massive metro stn complex of atleast 4-6 lines.. rclxub.gif ...Furthermore, No integrated ticketing system hor.. You out from one line in the same stn, you have to buy new ticket for sure smile.gif

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0425sec    1.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th February 2020 - 02:25 AM