Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Migration Phase 2 | Migration TEST Mode Active

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Japanese govt promoting Shinkansen to Malaysia, may even willing to provide financing!

views

s2peMocls
post May 25 2012, 11:16 AM

On my way
672 posts

I'm against the Shinkansen in m'sia. Because LRT everyday breakdown, heavy rain will have flooding, Monorail got wheels falling off and people getting stuck in doors and mangled, KTM is a a cesspool of crap.

If shinkansen is in m'sia we'll have disasters of epic proportions.
s2peMocls
post May 25 2012, 05:18 PM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 25 2012, 11:19 AM)
Different case.

ERL track record is excellent.

Monorail wheel case was way back in 2003, and now we are able to export monorail to India and Brazil.

At the end of the day, when we need it, we should build it.

Besides, it is not as if the bullet train is managed by KTM anyway.

SRT in Thailand is not perfect, but they still able to run Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link with different service level.
Monorail wheel case was back in 2003, but a lady got mangled by the monorail just a month and a half ago only, fractured jaw, broken teeth etc.

ERL track record is "excellent" because they have less than 20% capacity during off peak hours, and *maybe* 80% capacity at peak hours, and that's just to South City. AND they're not even making a profit, as passengers at KLIA had to foot the ERL from the ticket even if they don't use the ERL!

End of the day do we build it if we need it? Yes. But in m'sia people forget that after you build it, you need to care for it. You don't just give birth to a baby to play with it and forget to feed it and change its diapers, right?
s2peMocls
post May 28 2012, 03:06 PM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(hwt @ May 26 2012, 02:15 PM)
Not sure if this is true.  In any case, people are supposed to fund expensive public transport infrastructures, even if they do not use them.  If they feel penalized, they can always use the infrastructure that they indirectly fund.  This is an acceptable way in some pretty well-run countries.  I do not feel anything wrong, if it is used by KLIA and ERL.  It is only if doing so increases the airfare, say, from 500 MYR to 1000 MYR, that it becomes a concern.  But this has not happened so far.
http://www.tindakmalaysia.com/threads/729-...f-you-don-t-fly

I don't mind paying for infrastructure that I use, even for infrastructure I don't use. But I'm NOT paying for an infrastructure with horrible capacity and is a total white elephant, and above all, difficult to access!

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0438sec    1.05    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th February 2020 - 11:59 AM