Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> KL MRT 2 Circle Line plan has been revealed!, first phase in 2020 (News)

Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 01:36 PM

Proudly Kampungite, will always be one.
Group Icon
Ambassador of Public Transport
Group: Elite

http://www.spad.gov.my/projects/national-m...-klklang-valley

The Circle Line MRT2 is planned to be built in two phases. The first phase which includes the section from Ampang to Sentul Timur via Mid Valley is targeted to be completed by 2020. Initial investigations would need to confirm the exact alignment, technical and engineering feasibility, station locations and depot locations. It is anticipated that much of the new construction sections would need to be in tunnel sections. The construction of this phase should tie in with the key developments in the corridor such as Matrade.

The proposal includes the use of the existing Ampang Line. Accordingly, there will be a period when that section is converted from LRT to MRT, and the line will not be operational. This will require alternative bus transport provision during the construction phase. The LRT line to Sri Petaling and Putra Heights can benefit from additional capacity once LRT services cease on the Ampang spur line.

The second phase of the MRT2 (North Eastern section) is proposed to be built at a later date prior to 2030. The completion of this corridor will be subject to viability in terms of travel demand and feasibility.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pain4UrsinZ
post May 24 2012, 01:39 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

2020 i dai gao jor
+Quote Post
akid123
post May 24 2012, 01:59 PM

Group: Junior Member

Damn 2020 and 2030...

Has the project started? Is there any reason why the project has yet to start?
+Quote Post
topmankl
post May 24 2012, 02:11 PM

Initial investigations would need to confirm the exact alignment, technical and engineering feasibility, station locations and depot locations.

Still haven't done initial investigations and they can target completion in 2020
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:13 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(akid123 @ May 24 2012, 01:59 PM)
Damn 2020 and 2030...

Has the project started? Is there any reason why the project has yet to start?
Nope.

Currently only MRT 1 (Sungai Buloh - Kajang line) has started.

QUOTE(topmankl @ May 24 2012, 02:11 PM)
Still haven't done initial investigations and they can target completion in 2020
That's because MRT2 is not as long as MRT 1.
+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 02:16 PM

Getting Started

see.. "there will be a period when that section is converted from LRT to MRT"

had we designed the LRT properly 20 years ago, we wouldnt need to take the hassle to convert it to MRT. Damn... better do it cun cun this time... otherwise, 20 years later we will need to do another conversion again. I think no country on this planet did this like us.
+Quote Post
akid123
post May 24 2012, 02:17 PM

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 24 2012, 02:13 PM)
Nope.

Currently only MRT 1 (Sungai Buloh - Kajang line) has started.
That's because MRT2 is not as long as MRT 1.
We still like it to be quicker. The earlier the better.
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:19 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 02:16 PM)

had we designed the LRT properly 20 years ago, we wouldnt need to take the hassle to convert it to MRT. Damn... better do it cun cun this time... otherwise, 20 years later we will need to do another conversion again. I think no country on this planet did this like us.
Got one city which convert commuter railway to metro, that is Oslo.

Somehow I welcome it, as it means Puchong LRT traffic capacity will be optimised biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 02:21 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 24 2012, 02:19 PM)

Somehow I welcome it, as it means Puchong LRT traffic capacity will be optimised  biggrin.gif
A section of our KTM rail track also converted to Ampang line what haha
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:21 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 02:21 PM)
A section of our KTM rail track also converted to Ampang line what haha
Oh ya laugh.gif

"Ampang Junction"
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:23 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(akid123 @ May 24 2012, 02:17 PM)
We still like it to be quicker. The earlier the better.
The reason why government start MRT 1 first is because of the fact that MRT 1 catchment area has 1.2 million people hmm.gif

I would like to see MRT 2 start earlier too. In my opinion, should fast track it so that can start construction in 2014.
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 02:24 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 02:16 PM)

Well.. got-lah.. some also start low and only recent years having better & bigger system.. Manila also started wth LRT in the 70's and only recent years they are having MRT.

Japan..also converting their old ancient Komuter lines to Metro/subway lines & they even having so many private operators including Monorail & LRTs
+Quote Post
whatsupbro
post May 24 2012, 02:26 PM

~Musician wannabe~

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 24 2012, 02:21 PM)
Oh ya  laugh.gif

"Ampang Junction"
Ampang junction???
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:27 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(whatsupbro @ May 24 2012, 02:26 PM)
Ampang junction???
If not mistaken, the old FMSR (yes, known as FMSR, not KTM back then) to Ampang was known as Ampang Junction.
+Quote Post
whatsupbro
post May 24 2012, 02:28 PM

~Musician wannabe~

ooooo nearby my house la dulu.. I always wonder.. where the hell the railway gone too (when I was young).. cos I remember there are rail crossing dulu2..

+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:30 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(whatsupbro @ May 24 2012, 02:28 PM)
ooooo nearby my house la dulu.. I always wonder.. where the hell the railway gone too (when I was young).. cos I remember there are rail crossing dulu2..
Before this, FMSR line (Malayan Railway)

Now, RapidKL LRT.

Then future, MRT line 2.

So many transformation in this section laugh.gif
+Quote Post
WebDpot
post May 24 2012, 02:31 PM

Pending Approval

why it have to 2020? this that on 2020 doh.gif

+Quote Post
whatsupbro
post May 24 2012, 02:32 PM

~Musician wannabe~

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 24 2012, 02:30 PM)
Before this, FMSR line (Malayan Railway)

Now, RapidKL LRT.

Then future, MRT line 2.

So many transformation in this section  laugh.gif
shakehead.gif shakehead.gif shakehead.gif shakehead.gif
why so many transformation..
+Quote Post
YameteOniichan
post May 24 2012, 02:34 PM

Getting Started

yeah. we should ready our trains for light speed travel, and armor all of them against mars invasion. we should also build defences against ray-type weapons and heat-type weapons from alien bombardment.

Cost dude.
+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 02:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ May 24 2012, 02:19 PM)

Somehow I welcome it, as it means Puchong LRT traffic capacity will be optimised  biggrin.gif

If we practice that - upgrade every now and then - for the entire railway network, i believe our railway development will not be a sustainable one. Do you believe that the LRT design engineer never forsee/ acknowledge the need to upgrade the system at that particular section in 20 years time at all?

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 02:24 PM)
Well.. got-lah.. some also start low and only recent years having better & bigger system.. Manila also started wth LRT in the 70's and only recent years they are having MRT.

Japan..also converting their old ancient Komuter lines to Metro/subway lines & they even having so many private operators including Monorail & LRTs
philipine did that because they are broke.

japanese did that because they cannnot forsee something beyond 50yrs (assuming from the word ancient komuter line)? it's reasonable though.

our LRT is just 20+ yrs old. that's not reasonable. at all...
+Quote Post
deadboy 164
post May 24 2012, 02:37 PM

On my way

Ppl is SPAD office do what geh?
Draw pictar?
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 02:38 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 02:35 PM)
If we practice that - upgrade every now and then - for the entire railway network, i believe our railway development will not be a sustainable one. Do you believe that the LRT design engineer never forsee/ acknowledge the need to upgrade the system at that particular section in 20 years time at all?

japanese did that because they cannnot forsee something beyond 50yrs (assuming from the word ancient komuter line)? it's reasonable though.

Better situation is this.

MRT 2 technical specification shall follow Ampang line, but driverless and Miharja-Ampang section separated from the rest of LRT.
+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 02:38 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(YameteOniichan @ May 24 2012, 02:34 PM)
yeah. we should ready our trains for light speed travel, and armor all of them against mars invasion. we should also build defences against ray-type weapons and heat-type weapons from alien bombardment.

Cost dude.
-.- we don't have to go to that extreme. cost-benefit analysis, dude... im talking about the balance. obviously, we are not doing well in this study. see the amount we've spent and the quality of the railway line that we got eventually?
+Quote Post
Chaud
post May 24 2012, 02:41 PM

On my way

2020 i think also end of the world ady laugh.gif
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 02:42 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 02:35 PM)

Easy said than done... If Japan also kenot predict what wil happened in future.. those engineers 2 decades ago here can arhh??

I remembered during my secondary years.. DAP that time accusing Govt that time Penang Bridge is underutilised and White Elephant... See what happened to the current jam now and they now required 2nd link & tunnel biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
alan_kong84
post May 24 2012, 02:49 PM

Getting Started

2030... I tot v hav flying car oledy at tat time.
+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 03:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 02:42 PM)
Easy said than done... If Japan also kenot predict what wil happened in future.. those engineers 2 decades ago here can arhh??

I remembered during my secondary years.. DAP that time accusing Govt that time Penang Bridge is underutilised and White Elephant... See what happened to the current jam now and they now required 2nd link & tunnel  biggrin.gif
> That's why! We should have hired competent engineers to do the estimation for us. (Based on key parameters like population growth, neighbouring development, future development of other form of transportation like bus and the number of private cars, etc). If you see what is happening in our country, our government loves to introduce unexpected super gigantic development... example, suddenly bomb one "menara merdeka" 100 storeys tall, that really stress the facilities...

> at least, tell us when (year) did DAP said that... Simple, it's jam today because the demand is there. It's not jam in the past because the demand was not there. then, why did the government build the bridge at the wrong time? dun equate me to the opposition party ba. Im just ranting at the a shortsighted plan (LRT). another thing, in the past government keep promoting local local automotive, now encourage ppl to take public transport... damn.. when ppl got car who the hell want to take public transport... flip flop sia..

BTW, i think the penang bridge is quite well designed (not the architectural or the structural expect). The engineer in charge really saw the future demand and the bridge was made ready for a conversion from 4 lanes to 6 lanes (which the operator had already done)... If im not wrong the engineer in charge was Prof Chin Fung Kee, the person who established the civil engineering department in University Malaya? correct me if im wrong. of course, the level of complexity of township and transportation planning is totally different.

This post has been edited by eugene90: May 24 2012, 03:18 PM
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 03:24 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 03:12 PM)

> at least, tell us when (year) did DAP said that... Simple, it's jam today because the demand is there. It's not jam in the past because the demand was not there. then, why did the government build the bridge at the wrong time? dun equate me to the opposition party ba. Im just ranting at the  a shortsighted plan.

BTW, i think the penang bridge is quite well designed (not the architectural or the structural expect). The engineer in charge really saw the future demand and the bridge was made ready for a conversion from 4 lanes to 6 lanes (which the operator had already done)... If im not wrong the engineer in charge was Prof Chin Fung Kee, the person who established the civil engineering department in University Malaya? correct me if im wrong.
Well, During the initial year of Penang Bridge-lah Nothing new esp those oldfags here smile.gif you can google for the story ..just search for "Penang Bridge white elephant" can liao

Here some from googling..
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309...&pg=6737,161073
http://turbinemanlog.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

ANyway.. to cut short.. Although wth al the brain do you think those MIT trained engineers or Haward mathemathian can predict the future?? - bullshit man..

+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 03:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 03:24 PM)
Well, During the initial year of Penang Bridge-lah Nothing new esp those oldfags here  smile.gif  you can google for the story ..just search for "Penang Bridge white elephant" can liao

Here some from googling..
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309...&pg=6737,161073
http://turbinemanlog.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html
ANyway.. to cut short.. Although wth al the brain do you think those MIT trained engineers or Haward mathemathian can predict the future?? - bullshit man..
Don't read "predict future" literally, dude... Do you know that even the Longkang outside your house was designed and consturcted after calculation done by some engineers? haix.. even your bullshit that in the end ended up in the sewage system is constucted by engineers, otherwise your toilet boil will be flooded with your own bullshit only after some time...

This post has been edited by eugene90: May 24 2012, 05:03 PM
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 03:56 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

We are not god to predict the future. No one will.. There is no perfection in this world not even Japan, US or Singapore.. just that we are abit or slow that's all
+Quote Post
YameteOniichan
post May 24 2012, 04:03 PM

Getting Started

we all know politicians are just full of shet

BN = penang bridge is white elephant
PAS and gang = lebuhraya selatan utara white elephant

semua bodoh.

Politics in malaysia is not talking about execution. Not about talking cost and benefit. its all about how "if we didnt build that we can give every rakyat X ringgit" and "if we build that we will lose x ringgit" like wtf.

This post has been edited by YameteOniichan: May 24 2012, 04:04 PM
+Quote Post
t3arsCulprit
post May 24 2012, 04:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 02:42 PM)

I remembered during my secondary years.. DAP that time accusing Govt that time Penang Bridge is underutilised and White Elephant... See what happened to the current jam now and they now required 2nd link & tunnel  biggrin.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
stimix
post May 24 2012, 04:13 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
Travel & Living

QUOTE(YameteOniichan @ May 24 2012, 04:03 PM)
we all know politicians are just full of shet

BN = penang bridge is white elephant
PAS and gang = lebuhraya selatan utara white elephant

semua bodoh.

Politics in malaysia is not talking about execution. Not about talking cost and benefit. its all about how "if we didnt build that we can give every rakyat X ringgit" and "if we build that we will lose x ringgit" like wtf.
Eh.. The white elephant remark was by DAP hor

This post has been edited by stimix: May 24 2012, 04:18 PM
+Quote Post
YameteOniichan
post May 24 2012, 04:21 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 04:13 PM)
Eh.. The white elephant remark is by DAP hor
i dun care la who dap or umno

its always the same lar.

All talk future as if its clear like crystal.

Then talk about the past as if people could look into crystal ball

" PARTY X is to blame because they hedge sugar price, and sugar price fall"

like WTF? it makes me boil when i hear this kind of statements. NO ONE can predict sugar prices. if god give u bad weather and half the farmers change their crops to corn, then too bad u hedge wrongly.

then like "PROJECT A will fail because there is no demand for highways in place B"

like again, WTF?
+Quote Post
akid123
post May 24 2012, 07:32 PM

Cost dude.
I'm sure MRT exist when ampang line was in planning. Great arguement.
+Quote Post
Flaming_lion
post May 24 2012, 07:45 PM

An Innocent Lion

2020? Seriously? doh.gif
+Quote Post
YameteOniichan
post May 24 2012, 07:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(akid123 @ May 24 2012, 07:32 PM)
I'm sure MRT exist when ampang line was in planning. Great arguement.
light speed travel has already existed. u got problem?
heat type weapons exist. u got problem?
beam type weapons are known to be in research already. u got problem?

just like the existence of flamethrowers do not justify an extra RM500 million to make anti-heat type weapon armored trains,

the existence of MRT do not justify pre-engineered tracks to suite it.

Ill give an example. Lets say we spent RM500 million 20 years ago to put MRT tracks suitability.
Assuming cost of capital is 12% , then that RM500 million is now RM4.8 billion.

So choice. Does it even take RM4.8 billion to fix the place to suit MRT? probably not.

Another example. Flash, a starcraft players knows that the zerg timing attack will move out in exactly 4 minutes.
He uses the time to build a ninja CC, and mines exactly 900 minerals versus his expenditure of 800 minerals. Just as planned, the expo got killed by the zerg as he pushed out his timing attack, resulting in a total loss in all SCV's and command centres

Sure. the attack resulted in a lost ninja base, however they had make material profit out of it. Flash can now roll out with terran ball and rap all zergs.

This post has been edited by YameteOniichan: May 24 2012, 07:55 PM
+Quote Post
sheikomatic
post May 24 2012, 07:52 PM

We are extending the Ampang Line LRT now, then in a few years need to demolish? Waste tax-payers money, oni cronies untung.
+Quote Post
akid123
post May 24 2012, 07:54 PM

QUOTE(YameteOniichan @ May 24 2012, 07:46 PM)
light speed travel has already existed. u got problem?
heat type weapons exist. u got problem?
beam type weapons are known to be in research already. u got problem?

just like the existence of flamethrowers do not justify an extra RM500 million  to make anti-heat type weapon armored trains,

the existence of MRT do not justify pre-engineered tracks to suite it.

Ill give an example. Lets say we spent RM500 million 20 years ago to put MRT tracks suitability.
Assuming cost of capital is 12% , then that RM500 million is now RM4.8 billion.

So choice. Does it even take RM4.8 billion to fix the place to suit MRT? probably not.
Would like some source of those light speed travel.
+Quote Post
YameteOniichan
post May 24 2012, 07:56 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(akid123 @ May 24 2012, 07:54 PM)
Would like some source of those light speed travel.
light travels at light speed.
+Quote Post
davkong
post May 24 2012, 08:20 PM

Regular

QUOTE(stimix @ May 24 2012, 04:13 PM)
Eh.. The white elephant remark was by DAP hor
That's why... the Opposition better learn to watch their mouth rather than everything oppose oppose oppose... If really one day they took over the G (if!), then they will be in a tight spot for implementing the exact things they were opposing back then!
+Quote Post
tandukhitam
post May 24 2012, 08:30 PM

QUOTE(sheikomatic @ May 24 2012, 07:52 PM)
We are extending the Ampang Line LRT now, then in a few years need to demolish? Waste tax-payers money, oni cronies untung.
read bro read .. and then you type .. u look stupid to jump into conclusion like this ..
+Quote Post
misspenguin
post May 24 2012, 08:35 PM

2030, i wonder if i ever have the chance to take the train. LOL
+Quote Post
asd5139
post May 24 2012, 08:49 PM

Group: New Member

extension of ampang line started from Seri Petaling branch towards Putra Heights, the Ampang-Miharja branch are not affected. Once MRT 2 finish, we can rename the current Seri Petaling branch of Ampang line to Seri Petaling line or Putra Height line to avoid confusion.

Putting a rail transport is hard when the town/district itself was not well planned. Why would you opt for high capacity train when the population catchment is small. We never knew when will new township been opened by developer. And developer doesn't leave any space for rail development which result more problem when rail based transportation wants to be implemented. It all come to town planning.

3 line of LRT always better than 1 line of MRT though the latter can carries more passenger. nod.gif
+Quote Post
akid123
post May 24 2012, 08:52 PM

QUOTE(YameteOniichan @ May 24 2012, 07:56 PM)
You may necro this thread when we have trains running at light speed. Till then, my arguement stands.
+Quote Post
Kampung2005
post May 24 2012, 09:00 PM

Group Icon

Where got demolish?

Only need to convert Miharja - Ampang section then integrate it into MRT2 line.

That way, Puchong will benefit in longer run as the line no longer need to diverge into other direction.

This post has been edited by Kampung2005: May 24 2012, 09:02 PM
+Quote Post
eugene90
post May 24 2012, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

Cost dude.
QUOTE(YameteOniichan @ May 24 2012, 07:56 PM)
that's because ppl used to believe that photon is weightless (though later "some" ppl discovered otherwise) therefore it can travel at the speed of light (the max speed that anything can achieve postulated by einstein in 1905). Do you know how heavy a train is?? there is an equation that can prove that the mass of an object will increase at and increasing rate to the point that the energy required to continue to accelerate that object approach inifinity. Therefore, unless that object is massless, otherwise, it can never achieve the speed the of light. Correct me if im wrong.

This post has been edited by eugene90: May 24 2012, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
akid123
post Jun 6 2012, 12:07 AM

QUOTE(eugene90 @ May 24 2012, 11:50 PM)
that's because ppl used to believe that photon is weightless (though later "some" ppl discovered otherwise) therefore it can travel at the speed of light (the max speed that anything can achieve postulated by einstein in 1905). Do you know how heavy a train is?? there is an equation that can prove that the mass of an object will increase at and increasing rate to the point that the energy required to continue to accelerate that object approach inifinity. Therefore, unless that object is massless, otherwise, it can never achieve the speed the of light. Correct me if im wrong.
Ignore YameteOniichan. He only comes to thrash post that is critical of the government with his troll post.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0880sec    2.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 08:47 PM