Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

WTA : Metro-E by TM, Pricing and Maximum speed

views

kaiwoon
post Dec 7 2017, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

any how i can get a pricing range for my budget proposal?
jimchan
post Dec 18 2017, 03:48 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(kaiwoon @ Dec 7 2017, 05:38 PM)
any how i can get  a pricing range for my budget proposal?
You looking at how much bandwidth?
garanzia
post Feb 22 2019, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

hi, anybody here recently getting any latest pricing on metro-e(dome) from TM. wonder how much is cost now?. really want to know
nazman
post Feb 22 2019, 06:35 PM

1,190 posts

Hi all,
im currently managing DOME/IPME for TM customer...
can PM me for more details...if ask about pricing..TM have diff price regarding the customer..bcoz sometime it bundle with VAS etc...
System Error Message
post Feb 22 2019, 07:18 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(RS232C @ Aug 4 2017, 08:27 PM)
This is very old pricing, safe to say 50% or more cheaper now. This is from TM, Fiberail, Fibrecomm
Im curious though, what would the price be like if you wanted 1Gb/s WAN over 2 fiber optic cables but providing own engineer, hardware, etc? And lets say for last mile the fiber optic cables self provided?

Because looking at old pricing might be the reason why malaysian datacenters provide only like 1Mb/s bandwidth per server for WAN.
RS232C
post Feb 23 2019, 01:28 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(garanzia @ Feb 22 2019, 02:59 PM)
hi, anybody here recently getting any latest pricing on metro-e(dome) from TM. wonder how much is cost now?. really want to know
Depending on location. If Onnet i just close a ME deal 100M for 60K/annum, most telco can offer that pricing now. my own services 10G ME DCI around 15K/month

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Feb 22 2019, 07:18 PM)
Im curious though, what would the price be like if you wanted 1Gb/s WAN over 2 fiber optic cables but providing own engineer, hardware, etc? And lets say for last mile the fiber optic cables self provided?

Because looking at old pricing might be the reason why malaysian datacenters provide only like 1Mb/s bandwidth per server for WAN.
Your question is not clear.
>1G Point to Point between Where to Where? Domestic eline is more expensive than IEPL
> most provider now just give you ethernet last mile (optical/electrical).
> engineer hardware etc is consider value added service. Since back then....this service is pure optional but most enterprise sales will bundle this unecessar stuff. Wholesale offering is always bare.
> whats your definition of last mile? you saying you pull your own fiber to nearest telco demarc? most onnet location telco demarc is at MDF/IDF, you just need need to prepare internal wiring at your terminating demarc
> 1M DIA is very old offering. 10M-100M DIA/IP Transit for enterprises with infra colocated in DC is pretty common now.

This post has been edited by RS232C: Feb 23 2019, 01:29 AM
System Error Message
post Feb 25 2019, 12:36 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(RS232C @ Feb 23 2019, 01:28 AM)
Depending on location. If Onnet i just close a ME deal 100M for 60K/annum, most telco can offer that pricing now. my own services 10G ME DCI around 15K/month
Your question is not clear.
>1G Point to Point between Where to Where? Domestic eline is more expensive than IEPL
> most provider now just give you ethernet last mile (optical/electrical).
> engineer hardware etc is consider value added service. Since back then....this service is pure optional but most enterprise sales will bundle this unecessar stuff. Wholesale offering is always bare.
> whats  your definition of last mile? you saying you pull your own fiber to nearest telco demarc? most onnet location telco demarc is at MDF/IDF, you just need need to prepare internal wiring at your terminating demarc
> 1M DIA is very old offering. 10M-100M DIA/IP Transit for enterprises with infra colocated in DC is pretty common now.
Above you mentioned 10G DCI for 15K/month, but what if i wanted a dedicated line instead rather than interconnect, like those that buildings, complexes and organisations use to connect them to the internet.

Not only a faster link, but things like BGP for example. So for instance, lets say you have a few mini datacenters, one per country scattered, rather than having super expensive dedicated links, multi 10G links to the internet may suffice and user just connect them with tunnels/VPN, these arent public datacenters, rather private ones for things like AI and data processing as an example, typically such a company would have own hardware and engineers and only need to connect cable to the outside, what would your offer be like?
RS232C
post Feb 25 2019, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Feb 25 2019, 12:36 PM)
Above you mentioned 10G DCI for 15K/month, but what if i wanted a dedicated line instead rather than interconnect, like those that buildings, complexes and organisations use to connect them to the internet.

Not only a faster link, but things like BGP for example. So for instance, lets say you have a few mini datacenters, one per country scattered, rather than having super expensive dedicated links, multi 10G links to the internet may suffice and user just connect them with tunnels/VPN, these arent public datacenters, rather private ones for things like AI and data processing as an example, typically such a company would have own hardware and engineers and only need to connect cable to the outside, what would your offer be like?
based on your input. its better to opt for SD-WAN approach.. there is a lot of hybrid SD-WAN operator that you can choose from

or if you have your own AS number and wanted to opt for IP Transit. In Malaysia. current go rate for IP Transit is around $2-$10/Mb/MRC for 10G. if you want cheaper IP Transit alternative you can go downsouth singapore where IP Transit cost in between $0.2-$2. HE for instanace offering $0.25/Mb but the route sucks. IEPL across the causeway will set you around $8000-$10K for 10G. IEPL across causeway still expensive as SG government impose matching capacity charges. You also need to factor in XC cost as most DC provider charge MRC for DC. If its in Malaysia...it will be in MYR while Singapore in $USD
System Error Message
post Feb 25 2019, 07:27 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(RS232C @ Feb 25 2019, 07:09 PM)
based on your input. its better to opt for SD-WAN approach.. there is a lot of hybrid SD-WAN operator that you can choose from

or if you have your own AS number and wanted to opt for IP Transit. In Malaysia. current go rate for IP Transit is around $2-$10/Mb/MRC for 10G. if you want cheaper IP Transit alternative you can go downsouth singapore where IP Transit cost in between $0.2-$2. HE for instanace offering $0.25/Mb but the route sucks. IEPL across the causeway will set you around $8000-$10K for 10G. IEPL across causeway still expensive as SG government impose matching capacity charges. You also need to factor in XC cost as most DC provider charge MRC for DC. If its in Malaysia...it will be in MYR while Singapore in $USD
so you're saying for international traffic, singapore is better? feels terrible that malaysia refused the internet hub project years ago that it went to singapore, which impacts cost of internet in malaysia.

So the prices you quote are all in USD and not MYR?
junclj
post Feb 25 2019, 07:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

I guess this should be the cable internet access which offered by TM in the future.

This post has been edited by junclj: Feb 25 2019, 07:35 PM
System Error Message
post Feb 25 2019, 07:37 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Feb 25 2019, 07:29 PM)
I guess this should be the cable internet access which offered by TM in the future.

Sounds old, for a moment there i thought you were gonna say cable is the choice as some offer 2Gb/s downloads but with a poultry <100Mb/s upload.

Symmetrical is important, TM already offers fiber optics but with asymmetrical speeds.

Also DSL goes up to 300Mb/s currently via VDSL, there are faster versions coming out soon. Anything newer than VDSL 1 is not offered by TM/maxis, hence the limited DSL speeds in high rise.
RS232C
post Feb 25 2019, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Feb 25 2019, 07:27 PM)
so you're saying for international traffic, singapore is better? feels terrible that malaysia refused the internet hub project years ago that it went to singapore, which impacts cost of internet in malaysia.

So the prices you quote are all in USD and not MYR?
not better, just that most subsea cable landing in singapore. hence they enjoy higher competition rate and good for wholesale consumer

for IEPL standard pricing in $, unless stated otherwise (ie $ symbol) ...figure is in MYR
jimchan
post Mar 7 2019, 05:50 PM

29 posts

Hi guys, I'm doing Metro E services.

If you guys interested, you may PM me for more information.

My company itself is an ISP with BGP and we are have ASP license and also a member of MyIX.

We have our own AS number and we're at TM Wholesale level so our price are competitive thumbup.gif

Feel free to PM me anytime thumbsup.gif
sayut
post Nov 18 2019, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

Is there any others provider for metro-e except TM Dome?
SUSCandy12
post Nov 18 2019, 03:41 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(sayut @ Nov 18 2019, 02:05 PM)
The key feature of a MetroE is to hook you up to the nearest telco datacentre or node within 1-2 hops away then from there you get access directly to the internet.

Normal consumer/business shared services is much more complicated and involves many more hops before reaching the telco's gateway.

There are a few other players in the MetroE market:

NTT MSC
Extreme Broadband
Time
MyKris
IP Core
Aries Telecom
City Broadband
MacroLynx
Viewqwest
jimchan
post Nov 19 2019, 10:54 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(sayut @ Nov 18 2019, 02:05 PM)
NGN Connection Sdn Bhd

We are also one of the players in the market

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:21 AM