Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Any good and reliable interior designer?

views

TSicecubes0087
post May 22 2012, 10:32 PM, updated 12y ago

40 posts

Hi,
I am looking for ID for my house? Any good recommendation? Please share. Thanks.
p0wer2003
post May 22 2012, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

house design..just for porfolio?

Added on May 22, 2012, 10:43 pmi mean you are preparing money to do or just need rendering n stuffs. prices are different.

This post has been edited by p0wer2003: May 22 2012, 10:43 PM
TSicecubes0087
post May 22 2012, 10:55 PM

40 posts

Looking for 3D drawing with detailed measurements. Basically, I m looking for concept and design.
p0wer2003
post May 23 2012, 12:00 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

i see..may i know the location

Added on May 23, 2012, 12:00 amn budget,plz pm me

This post has been edited by p0wer2003: May 23 2012, 12:00 AM
hanieharis
post Jun 5 2012, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

usually, how u guys charge a customer for your ID consultant? for me, i think i want to hire a trainee/student in ID only coz i have all the concept in my mind.. it is just i need second opinion bout it and accurate measurement.
ID adrien
post Jun 5 2012, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(hanieharis @ Jun 5 2012, 02:14 PM)
usually, how u guys charge a customer for your ID consultant? for me, i think i want to hire a trainee/student in ID only coz i have all the concept in my mind.. it is just i need second opinion bout it and accurate measurement.
ID concept includes: Mood Board, Space planing ( Plan ) measurement & details drawing, sectional drawings,
Elevation Drawings, Proposed material , 3D drawings ( about 6pcs)

Interior design is as important as architect, especially if you are having a major renovation that includes hacking, M&E and etc. An experienced ID person will charge RM5 -RM8 per sq ft. Of the built up property. My friend charges RM10-RM15 per sq ft because of establishment and previous project. But I heard that at home deco fair , someone quoted 2K for a 2000 sq ft. End terrace house. I have my doubt on that pricing, may is just a plan and a few 3D drawings. But hey is a personal choice.
hanieharis
post Jun 5 2012, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(ID adrien @ Jun 5 2012, 04:43 PM)
ID concept includes: Mood Board, Space planing ( Plan ) measurement & details drawing, sectional drawings,
                              Elevation Drawings, Proposed material , 3D drawings ( about 6pcs)

Interior design is as important as architect, especially if you are having a major renovation that includes hacking, M&E and etc. An experienced ID person will charge RM5 -RM8 per sq ft. Of the built up property. My friend charges RM10-RM15 per sq ft because of establishment and previous project. But I heard that at home deco fair , someone quoted 2K for a 2000 sq ft. End terrace house. I have my doubt on that pricing, may is just a plan and a few 3D drawings. But hey is a personal choice.
OH MY!!! so expensive... i thot the service depends on what area that we need ID advice....huhuhuuh
ID adrien
post Jun 5 2012, 10:21 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(hanieharis @ Jun 5 2012, 05:50 PM)
OH MY!!! so expensive... i thot the service depends on what area that we need ID advice....huhuhuuh
Client will engage an Interior Designer for design and concept for whole house. There are also landscape designer for garden. Alot of people still think that an ID person is just decorating or furnishing. Without ID , a house, buildings, shopping mall cannot be built. An architect is not going to draw any details, space planing, plugs or sockets in a building.

LOL....I studied in UK for 4 years spending almost RM400K for Uni fees, building models, accommodation and food. That is very expensive as well, Obviously I'm gonna charge based on my capability and experience.

If is so expensive for you, i've mention some people only charge 2K for a 2000sq ft house at home fairs. You shall look for them.

Cheers
phoenix69
post Jun 6 2012, 12:20 PM

Regular
1,836 posts

QUOTE(ID adrien @ Jun 5 2012, 10:21 PM)
Client will engage an Interior Designer for design and concept for whole house. There are also landscape designer for garden. Alot of people still think that an ID person is just decorating or furnishing. Without ID , a house, buildings, shopping mall cannot be built. An architect is not going to draw any details, space planing, plugs or sockets in a building.

LOL....I studied in UK for 4 years spending almost RM400K for Uni fees, building models, accommodation and food. That is very expensive as well, Obviously I'm gonna charge based on my capability and experience.

If is so expensive for you, i've mention some people only charge 2K for a 2000sq ft house at home fairs. You shall look for them.

Cheers
ID adrien, if you persevere and hang around here long enough and get good referalls from forum members like zheilwane and Erny Looi, they you will be "the" main ID guy in this forum. rclxms.gif
KVReninem
post Jun 6 2012, 05:27 PM

IX
5,369 posts

might as well get an architect; who will just settled all for you. include project management.
stix
post Jun 6 2012, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

location? if penang i have a good one for you. price a lil steep though, but top notch design, especially contemporary ones. dad used him for our home.
ID adrien
post Jun 6 2012, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:20 PM)
ID adrien, if you persevere and hang around here long enough and get good referalls from forum members like zheilwane and Erny Looi, they you will be "the" main ID guy in this forum.  rclxms.gif

Thanks Phoenix . Yes I'm pretty new in here but 10 years in this field both in UK and KL. I did get a project from here and client is very happy but I'm not sure I'm the right person asking him to recommend, maybe I should lol.

Cheers
Eleganz Concept
post Jun 6 2012, 11:56 PM

On my way
582 posts

Well, some ID even charge none if you get the ID to done the job for you.
ID adrien
post Jun 7 2012, 01:29 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(Eleganz Concept @ Jun 6 2012, 11:56 PM)
Well, some ID even charge none if you get the ID to done the job for you.
I don't charge for ID when there's build involve but there will be deposit.
holygrail
post Jun 10 2012, 10:09 AM

35 posts

all the id designs (interiors) i have seen in Malaysia so far is complicated, not imaginative with hiding air con units, exhaust fans in rooms and bathrooms and kitchen. it lets the whole interior design down. where is the innovation? i will post some photos after my renovation to show some new concepts.
KVReninem
post Jun 10 2012, 04:19 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(holygrail @ Jun 10 2012, 01:09 PM)
all the id designs (interiors) i have seen in Malaysia  so far is complicated, not imaginative with hiding air con units, exhaust fans in rooms and bathrooms and kitchen.  it lets the whole interior design down.  where is the innovation?  i will post some photos after my renovation to show some new concepts.
if you want innovation? it easy, set a standard thru the game field. Like what are the best practices in Malaysia. Like some designer`s are very awesomely good in the 3Ds on paper, but seriously poor when come to the real ID details & how to do it more creatively. Dont you think?

some even have poor understanding of good ventilation & good lighting in a room & good flow`s. This isnt include the feng shui`s basic that generally easy to cover.

Just let you know how roughly design-ed are done, isnt it very duplicate aka copy? Some houses did this design so n so, client also want such but always say; must be better that the reference one understanding their needs. isnt it?

I`m open to those ID`s to talk it out; what is going on with your ID`s field that so expensive yet practicality not there.

holygrail
post Jun 10 2012, 08:33 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(KVReninem @ Jun 10 2012, 04:19 PM)
if you want innovation? it easy, set a standard thru the game field. Like what are the best practices in Malaysia. Like some designer`s are very awesomely good in the 3Ds on paper, but seriously poor when come to the real ID details & how to do it more creatively. Dont you think?

some even have poor understanding of good ventilation & good lighting in a room & good flow`s. This isnt include the feng shui`s basic that generally easy to cover.

Just let you know how roughly design-ed are done, isnt it very duplicate aka copy? Some houses did this design so n so, client also want such but always say; must be better that the reference one understanding their needs. isnt it?

I`m open to those ID`s to talk it out; what is going on with your ID`s field that so expensive yet practicality not there.
Surprisingly, i use very little feng shui when designing. Only pay attention to the very obvious like a good looking front door - strong welcoming ect. or beds not parallel to toilet doors. Otherwise, the way i interpret is like this: does it look cheap, is it ugly, is it garish, does it look good in daylight and in the evening when the lights are on, has it got good lines, does it look cluttered, too many colors........ does it feel uncomfortable Too many times people take a design from somewhere but it does not blend into the rest of the environment. Flows are very important and very hard to get right if you don't understand the client's lifestyle or needs. Yet many IDs are so insistent on giving you their design based on your budget and they don't know how you live. I travel a lot, yet not any of the IDs i met have asked me about suitcase stowage space for my flat, just to prove my point that IDs push their own ideas. One ID even started to tell me that my large windows were cheap quality and needs changing. I could only reply that if it is, there are no water marks aound the walls eventhough it has been empty for two years. I am sure there are good IDs out there but the three I have met so far leaves a lot to be desired.
KVReninem
post Jun 10 2012, 10:04 PM

IX
5,369 posts

QUOTE(holygrail @ Jun 10 2012, 11:33 PM)
Surprisingly, i use very little feng shui when designing.  Only pay attention to the very obvious like a good looking front door - strong welcoming ect. or beds not parallel to toilet doors.  Otherwise, the way i interpret is like this:  does it look cheap, is it ugly, is it garish, does it look good in daylight and in the evening when the lights are on, has it got good lines, does it look cluttered,  too many colors........ does it feel uncomfortable  Too many times people take a design from somewhere but it does not blend into the rest of the environment.  Flows are very important and very hard to get right if you don't understand the client's lifestyle or needs.  Yet many IDs are so insistent on giving you their design based on your budget and they don't know how you live.  I travel a lot, yet not any of the IDs i met have asked me about suitcase stowage space for my flat, just to prove my point that IDs push their own ideas.  One ID even started to tell me that my large windows were cheap quality and needs changing.  I could only reply that if it is, there are no water marks aound the walls eventhough it has been empty for two years.  I am sure there are good IDs out there but the three I have met so far leaves a lot to be desired.
the problem with ideas is that; its a idea that wasnt from them or they do pioneer-ed it- asean design.

like minimalist living, bali living, asian living.. so forth, some are really to the themed. So you can see most now took their niche from singapore interior`s design- aka square room n apply it locally. UK/Western doesnt work; cos material isnt like what they have or as good & even limited budget/material palette.

feng shui dont play a big role; but it has it own logic if you read about it like circulation movement, energy n stuffs..

but locally, i`m wondering what are ID`s really do? besides consulting & lots of dream about 3Ds.

Eleganz Concept
post Jun 10 2012, 11:56 PM

On my way
582 posts

QUOTE(holygrail @ Jun 10 2012, 10:09 AM)
all the id designs (interiors) i have seen in Malaysia  so far is complicated, not imaginative with hiding air con units, exhaust fans in rooms and bathrooms and kitchen.  it lets the whole interior design down.  where is the innovation?  i will post some photos after my renovation to show some new concepts.
actually, all is about Cost, not to say cant do, just willing to pay or not.

Added on June 11, 2012, 12:05 am
QUOTE(KVReninem @ Jun 10 2012, 10:04 PM)
the problem with ideas is that; its a idea that wasnt from them or they do pioneer-ed it- asean design.

like minimalist living, bali living, asian living.. so forth, some are really to the themed. So you can see most now took their niche from singapore interior`s design- aka square room n apply it locally. UK/Western doesnt work; cos material isnt like what they have or as good & even limited budget/material palette.

feng shui dont play a big role; but it has it own logic if you read about it like circulation movement, energy n stuffs..

but locally, i`m wondering what are ID`s really do? besides consulting & lots of dream about 3Ds.
what ID really do? hmm, basicly just like, what chef doing. You can buy all the food material in market, you can get recipe in book store, you can even cook it at home, but there is still lot of restaurant out there. Why? obviously, there is lot of reason, some hv no time to cook, some not expert in cook, some even reading a recipe to cook but still not able to get what they want to eat, some even want to try something new that cant find in recipe book.

Can hv clear picture now? sorry if i use the wrong example ^^

This post has been edited by Eleganz Concept: Jun 11 2012, 12:05 AM
MissDiong
post Jul 10 2012, 05:12 PM

18 posts

hahaha eleganz concept, you are right! good say!

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:17 PM