Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to manually activate umobile prepaid SIM card?, Facing this problem

ratloverice
post May 20 2012, 10:23 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi guys, I just bought a umobile starter pack from 7-11 on 4 days ago. I did fill in my information and the worker photocopied my IC. However, until today I still can't use the SIM card.

So I tried to manually activate it. According to others' words, I need to type *118#. I did so. But there is a section which requires me to type my name. Here comes a problem. How is it possible for me to type alphabets at that part ? Only digits are allowed.

Can anyone help me with it ? Thank you smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KuLi
post May 20 2012, 10:33 PM

You won't like me when I'm angry
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ratloverice @ May 20 2012, 10:23 PM)
Hi guys, I just bought a umobile starter pack from 7-11 on 4 days ago. I did fill in my information and the worker photocopied my IC. However, until today I still can't use the SIM card.

So I tried to manually activate it. According to others' words, I need to type *118#. I did so. But there is a section which requires me to type my name. Here comes a problem. How is it possible for me to type alphabets at that part ? Only digits are allowed.

U may call u mobile hotline. Check the website for the number.
+Quote Post
ratloverice
post May 20 2012, 10:35 PM

Casual

QUOTE(KuLi @ May 20 2012, 10:33 PM)
U may call u mobile hotline. Check the website for the number.
I can't find the link on the website lol.
+Quote Post
anarchy2cruo
post May 20 2012, 10:38 PM

On my way

try call 1318 helpline number.
+Quote Post
ratloverice
post May 20 2012, 10:38 PM

Casual

QUOTE(anarchy2cruo @ May 20 2012, 10:38 PM)
try call 1318 helpline number.
It's night now lol. Btw, if I can manually activate it now, does it mean I can use it right after that ?
+Quote Post
anarchy2cruo
post May 20 2012, 10:41 PM

On my way

QUOTE(ratloverice @ May 20 2012, 10:38 PM)
It's night now lol. Btw, if I can manually activate it now, does it mean I can use it right after that ?
they are available 24/7. not sure bout manual activation. but u can giv it a try. thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
ratloverice
post May 20 2012, 10:42 PM

Casual

QUOTE(anarchy2cruo @ May 20 2012, 10:41 PM)
they are available 24/7. not sure bout manual activation. but u can giv it a try.  thumbup.gif
0183881318 right ?
Sure, thank you smile.gif
+Quote Post
James Wong 3741
post Sep 2 2012, 05:32 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(ratloverice @ May 20 2012, 11:23 PM)

Ok...change your fhone sim card to other fhone...let say Nokia to Sony Erricson...Than you will possible to type name alphabets at that part...
But remember to ask them the <PIN CODE> from the shop you buy the sim card,because you have to key in... smile.gif
good luck...

Added on September 2, 2012, 5:33 pm

Added on September 2, 2012, 5:45 pm

This post has been edited by James Wong 3741: Sep 2 2012, 06:23 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0532sec    2.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:24 PM