Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best free antivirus program ?

views

kurt99909
post Oct 16 2013, 03:31 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

Antivirus are getting cheaper day by day....why not just get a licensed antivirus and enjoy the full features....
vaynenick
post Jul 27 2017, 05:35 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(kurt99909 @ Oct 16 2013, 03:31 PM)
Antivirus are getting cheaper day by day....why not just get a licensed antivirus and enjoy the full features....
Whether an antivirus software is free or not has almost no correlation with its quality. We can find plenty of good reasons to choose a free antivirus software's, and plenty of good reasons to go with a paid antivirus software's. Free antivirus software has one main advantage - its PRICE. The free programs typically offer the basics, such as a simple search and destroy of malware. This is also its limitation too, as the free version usually only protects your system from viruses, and does not offer the comprehensive protection you may require. As you progress through the different types of protection, more advanced features can be added on. Moreover, one of the biggest drawbacks to going with a free antivirus software is the lack of technical support.

Vayne
SUSBarbossa
post Jun 26 2018, 08:35 PM

Casual
407 posts

Window Defender and I am still safe.
8areiland8
post Aug 3 2018, 09:03 PM

1 posts

Ha-ha-ha! I read the topic - a lot has changed!
Avast is the best free antivirus for Windows.
For MacOs - the threat of malware! https://macsecurity.net/view/194-remove-mac-tonic-virus

This post has been edited by 8areiland8: Aug 3 2018, 09:04 PM
turnmoil
post Feb 19 2019, 10:19 AM

Casual
420 posts

nobody using norton anymore?
Madgeiser
post Feb 19 2019, 10:20 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(Barbossa @ Jun 26 2018, 08:35 PM)
Window Defender and I am still safe.
This is also what i recommend to my friends. It is surprisingly good. If your household does not access weird exquisite website, Windows Defender will work very well for you.
If you are frequent access to exquisite website then you need something else. For people whom frequent more exotic site look for something more localized to the frequent site you access. Despite popular belief, anti-virus also have have localization factor. Certain localized anti-virus is strong for virus that frequently plague their country, while less effective for virus outside of their country. Even paid anti-virus suffer from this issue.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:21 PM