Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Questions about Proton Saga FLX 1.3

views

TSSarahZurkanain
post May 19 2012, 07:23 PM, updated 8y ago

23 posts

My father bought a Proton Saga 1.3 FLX 2 months ago.
So far, not much problem had occured.
But anyhow, I'll list down the problems I encountered throughout my driving
- Check engine light is on sometimes and then goes off after a day or two (Sent the car for the checkup, and the guy said he can't find any problem though the light is still on and said they will checked more thoroughly during 1000km service.
- Noisy brakes at slow speed

But the main question is, does anyone know how to enable auto-luck function? (The doors will lock automatically if the lock button is not pressed within 30 seconds after you leave the car)
- Earlier, I remember the car has this function. But the Proton Guy told me that Saga FLX does not have this function. So I was dreaming before this? Idiot.
- I read this in the web somewhere that if you manually lock the car, it will disable the auto-lock function.
So how can I enable it back? Steps by steps please, I'm not good in cars. tongue.gif

And there is SAT (Stepped Automatic Transmission) function for this car. All I know that it gives 6-gear feeling when the button is pressed.
May I know what is this button for? Will it help to save oil consumption? And WHEN should I use it?
Some said I should use it at the highway to save oil. Is this true?
dares
post May 19 2012, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(SarahZurkanain @ May 19 2012, 07:23 PM)
- Check engine light is on sometimes and then goes off after a day or two (Sent the car for the checkup, and the guy said he can't find any problem though the light is still on and said they will checked more thoroughly during 1000km service.

But the main question is, does anyone know how to enable auto-luck function? (The doors will lock automatically if the lock button is not pressed within 30 seconds after you leave the car)
- Earlier, I remember the car has this function. But the Proton Guy told me that Saga FLX does not have this function. So I was dreaming before this? Idiot.
- I read this in the web somewhere that if you manually lock the car, it will disable the auto-lock function.
So how can I enable it back? Steps by steps please, I'm not good in cars.  tongue.gif

And there is SAT (Stepped Automatic Transmission) function for this car. All I know that it gives 6-gear feeling when the button is pressed.
May I know what is this button for? Will it help to save oil consumption? And WHEN should I use it?
On the issue of the alarm auto rearm, it does not auto arm after you leave the car, lest you leave your keys in the car.

The alarm will only auto rearm when you disarm it, but never open any of the doors, then it will auto rearm 30 seconds later. As son as you open any of the doors, it will not auto rearm.

The SAT does exactly what you described and nothing more. It does not improve fuel consumption or help you go uphill easier. Just stick with D.

Pls drop by the saga blm/flx thrad for more info.

This post has been edited by dares: May 19 2012, 07:33 PM
neo1point3
post May 19 2012, 07:49 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

So how can I enable it back? Steps by steps please, I'm not good in cars.  tongue.gif

1. I dont know what is the problem, but ask them to retune back your ecu

2. I believe the brake pad is not good quality

3. That is only when you unlock the car, if no door open for 30 seconds, it will automatically lock

4. SAT is just to stimulate the 6 speed gear changes. Some people dislike the smooth acceleration so SAT will stimulate and behave like Auto.
It will not save fc in any case. But the driving feeling when SAT is enabled is quite fun in my Exora Bold. You should use it when you feel like use it brows.gif
TSSarahZurkanain
post May 19 2012, 07:59 PM

23 posts

Thank you so much for the replies.
So I learned that SAT does nothing except that it is just to switch to 6-gear mode.

But guys, about the auto lock function, yes it is correct that it will auto lock after 30 seconds if you leave the car and the key is not in the ignition switch.
The problem is that, that auto lock function does not function anymore. When I get out of my car with my keys, closed all doors and waited for more than 30 seconds, it does not auto lock.

Any way to enable this? The Service Guy said that SAGA FLX does not have this function ==
rogrog
post May 19 2012, 08:15 PM

On my way
632 posts

QUOTE(SarahZurkanain @ May 19 2012, 07:59 PM)
So I learned that SAT does nothing except that it is just to switch to 6-gear mode.

But guys, about the auto lock function, yes it is correct that it will auto lock after 30 seconds if you leave the car and the key is not in the ignition switch.
The problem is that, that auto lock function does not function anymore. When I get out of my car with my keys, closed all doors and waited for more than 30 seconds, it does not auto lock.

Any way to enable this? The Service Guy said that SAGA FLX does not have this function ==
QUOTE(dares @ May 19 2012, 07:32 PM)
On the issue of the alarm auto rearm, it does not auto arm after you leave the car, lest you leave your keys in the car.

The alarm will only auto rearm when you disarm it, but never open any of the doors, then it will auto rearm 30 seconds later. As son as you open any of the doors, it will not auto rearm.

The SAT does exactly what you described and nothing more. It does not improve fuel consumption or help you go uphill easier. Just stick with D.

Pls drop by the saga blm/flx thrad for more info.
I believe this is your answer regarding to the auto rearm.
dares
post May 19 2012, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

Haiizz, pls read carefully again.

The alarm DOES NOT AUTOLOCK AFTER YOU LEAVE THE CAR.

It will only autolock if you disarm your car with your remote, but did not open any of the doors, then only it will autolock after 30 seconds.

If you open a door afte disarming the alarm, it will not autolock after closing the door.
neo1point3
post May 19 2012, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

The auto lock only work like this

You disarm the alarm > but no door is opened during the 30 seconds > it will auto lock

The auto lock will never activate when

1) You disarm the alarm > you open car door > you close all door > you wait 30 sec > the auto lock will not activate

2) You disarm the alarm > you turn on engine > you drive and you reach your destination > you get out of the car and close all the door > the auto lock will not activate
MR_alien
post May 19 2012, 09:20 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,277 posts

if u get out of the car..of course u have to press the button to lock it....
the "auto lock" is that if u "unlock" the car but u never open any door...after 30 second, it will auto lock back..thats all
the SAT will only give u the "feeling" of changing gear
redshark_999
post May 19 2012, 09:47 PM

Casual
430 posts

haha if those explanation doesnt work, try this

1. get out of car
2. lock car using alarm
3. unlock car using alarm
4. wait for 30 sec without opening any doors
5. be amazed when your car locks back by itself again
TSSarahZurkanain
post May 20 2012, 05:07 AM

23 posts

Ohh, sorry that I didn't understand on that first answer, because I believe all this while the function works like that. But after neo1point3 and redshark_999's good explanation, I finally understand it.
Thanks neo1point 3 and redshark_999

And dares, chill! =)

Thanks to all who replied.

Salam 1Malaysia!
dares
post May 20 2012, 08:30 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(SarahZurkanain @ May 20 2012, 05:07 AM)
Ohh, sorry that I didn't understand on that first answer, because I believe all this while the function works like that. But after neo1point3 and redshark_999's good explanation, I finally understand it.

And dares, chill! =)

Salam 1Malaysia!
smile.gif smile.gif
zeone
post May 20 2012, 09:11 AM

A Friend...
712 posts

QUOTE(SarahZurkanain @ May 20 2012, 05:07 AM)

And dares, chill! =)

Salam 1Malaysia!
VERY GOOD ADVICE to ALL new buyers of ANY device...be it a mobile phone OR a CAR :

Pleez READ the USER MANUAL that comes with the device BEFORE yu try any special function.

Then yu won't hv any probs using said device.

Then yu'll truly ENJOY yr device!!! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
neo1point3
post May 20 2012, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(zeone @ May 20 2012, 09:11 AM)
VERY GOOD ADVICE to ALL new buyers of ANY device...be it a mobile phone OR a CAR :

Pleez READ the USER MANUAL that comes with the device BEFORE yu try any special function.

But these features some of them Proton didnt include in the manual book smile.gif

Here is the list of the proton body control module

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

That is bcm features for Exora, I believe proton use the same module for all their cars
dvinez
post May 21 2012, 09:54 AM

Limited Edition
1,456 posts

ask sc check then engine light, last time my blm airbag icon on and off when the day is hot. didnt bother about it.
about the noisy brake, i think most of saga will have it..not sure what happen, tried but cant fix last time, end up selling the car.

lock will only autolock if you unlock and leave it without opening for 30 seconds.

SAT just give u the feel only, nothing else, basically no use.

castelloz
post May 21 2012, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

Hes not an idiot, you are. And obviously you were dreaming. Next time before callling someone an idiot, read up more.
mat79
post May 21 2012, 10:32 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

about the check engine light, is it check engine@cvt light(the circle light like tyre)?

If u owned standard flx that non abs version, go reflash the tcu coz punch already updated the tcu software for non abs module. Previous, some being install with abs module causing some faulty signal sense by the sensor. Only branch sc provide with reflash service. The newer batch already updated with current version.

If not related, they shud check the trouble code for ecu but i think it is the tcu software. I think prtn already issue official letter to the owners. Hope this help.

About the brake, its depend, if the front, then the pad, if drumbrakes, they already doing countermeasure with vendors supplying the drum brakes n if finalised, the letter will be issue on that matter to replace the drum brakes on flx n flx se. Not all are effected but more than acceptable rate, so, futher investigation from rnd dept n send it to vendors to investigate. Normally on vendors part is the reason for the delay.

Added on May 21, 2012, 10:44 amthe question will raise why is the action is slow? Well, not talking behalf of anyone, but the thing works like this. The new policy in prtn, when a batch is affected, the whole batch will be called back n being replaced the parts even to those that not having the problems. So, vendors have to bear all the cost, so, the will investigate thoroughly to prove that it is in tolerance. Not the whole batch. Every tiny things will be inspect to search for the fault, n make sure it wont reoccur again.

Previously, the changes is only for those affected@have problems, but since exora onwards, the whole batch will be replaced with new one even those are not effected as safety measure the things wont reoccur, even its only involve the sound.

Thats why it is important to service at branch sc if can coz the data will be send to hq and will be cumulated. If send to 3rd party like dealers, it wont be in the systems, so, only a minor report on affected unit.

Added on May 21, 2012, 10:48 amfor the time being, only exora n preve equip with bcm module while preve has some additional functions. Upcoming prtns will equip with bcm. But not the previous platform coz this module is being setup during the design stage. Its not as simple as plug n play.

This post has been edited by mat79: May 21 2012, 10:48 AM
zeone
post May 21 2012, 10:48 AM

A Friend...
712 posts

QUOTE(mat79 @ May 21 2012, 10:32 AM)
about the check engine light, is it check engine@cvt light(the circle light like tyre)?

If u owned standard flx that non abs version, go reflash the tcu coz punch already updated the tcu software for non abs module. Previous, some being install with abs module causing some faulty signal sense by the sensor. Only branch sc provide with reflash service. The newer batch already updated with current version.

If not related, they shud check the trouble code for ecu but i think it is the tcu software. I think prtn already issue official letter to the owners. Hope this help.

About the brake, its depend, if the front, then the pad, if drumbrakes, they already doing countermeasure with vendors supplying the drum brakes n if finalised, the letter will be issue on that matter to replace the drum brakes on flx n flx se. Not all are effected but more than acceptable rate, so, futher investigation from rnd dept n send it to vendors to investigate. Normally on vendors part is the reason for the delay.
Tks, Bro, for yr good response & clarification! thumbup.gif

Re need 2reflash TCU, feel Proton branches/SCs are dragging their feet over wat they hv 2do to eradicate the prob...unnecessary delays give ammunition for ppl to bring down Proton's integrity as the National Car Manufacturer. Any probs shld b nipped in the bud...True?

Re vendors similarly dragging their feet, feel Proton shld revise its contract details with ALL vendors to maintain a reasonable quality of their products. And, of course, a reasonably short time to respond to their product issues. Agreed?

Wish yu a good day!
And TQ agin... notworthy.gif

ps. Hv seen/read abt how hard yu've been working 2lift up spirits & support of Proton supporters. Do keep up the great work!! rclxms.gif
However, as every1 knows, one hand on deck wld not b able to prevent a ship from sinking! Correct?

It needs the WHOLE crew to do that... smile.gif

mat79
post May 21 2012, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

and to those who owned prtn prior to the lifetime@10 years power windows announcement, if ur car is still under warranty, please registered for receive the additional coverage on pwrwindows warranty. For example, ur car is 3 years warranty, n this year is the 3rd year which ur warranty still not expired, u r entitle to get another 7 years warranty on the pwrwindows which cover 4 parts, the switches, window lining rails, mechanism n motor.

Added on May 21, 2012, 11:03 amyup, some new contacts has renew the terms in the agreements wirh vendors on faulty parts. The main problems rely on the old contact which sign earlier. I dont want to blame who n which party. The only problem is to wait until the old contarct ended, then the new one will add new terms. U knowla the effect of breaching the contract which sign off earlier.

The things i know the new contract all vendors are accountable for the problems if related to them n if they dont performed as they shud, their contract will be terminated. Before put the blame to vendors, prtn need to provide concrete evidence that it is their fault. And nowadays vendors are working closely with the rnd during development stage.

Yup, one hand cant change many things, but it can make a change atleast. Hopefully those related especially the other dept, workers n vendors share the same spirit n passion as what the rnd teams had done. And also the distribution part that is edar n eon.

Hopefully under drb, it will become easily to rectify the broken@missing links in prtn n also hope drb also share the same spirit n passion to keep improving prtn.

Added on May 21, 2012, 11:03 amyup, some new contacts has renew the terms in the agreements wirh vendors on faulty parts. The main problems rely on the old contact which sign earlier. I dont want to blame who n which party. The only problem is to wait until the old contarct ended, then the new one will add new terms. U knowla the effect of breaching the contract which sign off earlier.

The things i know the new contract all vendors are accountable for the problems if related to them n if they dont performed as they shud, their contract will be terminated. Before put the blame to vendors, prtn need to provide concrete evidence that it is their fault. And nowadays vendors are working closely with the rnd during development stage.

Yup, one hand cant change many things, but it can make a change atleast. Hopefully those related especially the other dept, workers n vendors share the same spirit n passion as what the rnd teams had done. And also the distribution part that is edar n eon.

Hopefully under drb, it will become easily to rectify the broken@missing links in prtn n also hope drb also share the same spirit n passion to keep improving prtn.

This post has been edited by mat79: May 21 2012, 11:03 AM
dares
post May 21 2012, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

That's good to know, I'll be eargerly waiting for their letter...

the question will raise why is the action is slow? Well, not talking behalf of anyone, but the thing works like this. The new policy in prtn, when a batch is affected, the whole batch will be called back n being replaced the parts even to those that not having the problems. So, vendors have to bear all the cost, so, the will investigate thoroughly to prove that it is in tolerance. Not the whole batch. Every tiny things will be inspect to search for the fault, n make sure it wont reoccur again.

Previously, the changes is only for those affected@have problems, but since exora onwards, the whole batch will be replaced with new one even those are not effected as safety measure the things wont reoccur, even its only involve the sound.

Thats why it is important to service at branch sc if can coz the data will be send to hq and will be cumulated. If send to 3rd party like dealers, it wont be in the systems, so, only a minor report on affected unit.

I service at outside authorised SCs, but all my claims (my 3 set of drumbrakes, headlamp etc.) are done either at Branch or COE. That shouldn't be any problem right?

This post has been edited by dares: May 21 2012, 01:17 PM
mat79
post May 21 2012, 01:38 PM

Regular
1,010 posts

sorry dares, not explains details enough. What i mean is when u do complaints, normally during service, its better at branch sc coz the complaint will directly link to hq. And easier to claim parts coz dealers, they are quite limited authorithy in claiming parts coz there have been some cases before where dealers claim for customers, but not change it, but sell it to others. So, customers run amok coz thought part being replaced with new one, but stated given part rosak where the irresponsible sc doing the ....

For servicing, its ok, just remebered to get the stamp everytime servicing as proof.
dares
post May 21 2012, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(mat79 @ May 21 2012, 01:38 PM)
sorry dares, not explains details enough. What i mean is when u do complaints, normally during service, its better at branch sc coz the complaint will directly link to hq. And easier to claim parts coz dealers, they are quite limited authorithy in claiming parts coz there have been some cases before where dealers claim for customers, but not change it, but sell it to others. So, customers run amok coz thought part being replaced with new one, but stated given part rosak where the irresponsible sc doing the ....

For servicing, its ok, just remebered to get the stamp everytime servicing as proof.
So as long as I claim my warranties at branch and not authorised SC, then it is OK right?

Cheers, DSZ thumbup.gif
HanevE
post Sep 10 2012, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

I bought my FLX on April, the AC is mixing with smoke from outside air when I drive behind motobike and lorry which is so annoyed. This not only happened to my car but also happen to my friend's car.
On my second service I complained about this issue at proton COE and what proton sc mechanic was done is they just tight the AC distribution Valve with cable tie.!!
That solution is not solve my issue and also i cannot change the AC flow to outside air mode because of the valve is tighten.

On the next service, I came back to COE and escalate about the issue. On that time, COE srv advisor told me that they want to change the AC distribution valve and they have to take out the dashboard to do it. So they need to kept my car for 2 day.

The problem has gone and I am satisfied and happy with my AC.

After 1.5 month later which is now, I am facing other problem. Last week, the odometer lcd panel has started showing some problem which the lcd display turn to haywire. The odometer number become "88888" and I believe the problem cause from the wiring inside the dashboard. On the next day, I surprised the problem has gone.

And last night, the other problem has occur which is the shift lock is not release when I push the brake and I noticed the brake lamp is not lighted. I manually push the "shift lock emergency trigger" to drive my car back home. In my thought this just a simple problem and I decided to check the fuse on early morning before I go to work.

This morning, I woke up early and manage to check the fuse and found the brake light fuse is blown. So I changed with spare fuse and the fuse still blown. I believe there is something wrong with the wiring under the dashboard. I have take an emergency leave today to sent back the car to proton COE because I don't want get my self in trouble driving with no brake light especially during rainy day today.

What comes in my mind this morning is,
Why is the proton COE service center mechanic workmanship is so bad.?

I have very bad experience using my FLX like CVT light warn and underpowered, rattling sound on drivers door, CVT jerking sound and more. I have tell all of this problem to the Proton COE but still they did not solve my problem.

Attached Image
What proton had done on my AC last time.

This post has been edited by HanevE: Sep 10 2012, 09:21 AM
M_T_J
post Sep 25 2012, 09:12 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(zeone @ May 20 2012, 09:11 AM)

HI everyone,

Well I want to ask your expert opinion. I hope you guys can guide me.

I am picking up my brand new proton saga FLX 1.3 executive (auto) in a day. I am buying it from Proton branch and not a dealers. The question is, "do I have to check anything in the car before bringing it to my home?" I know that my car has already arrived around two weeks ago, all this time in documentation, my car was with them. Do I have to make sure and check anything?

Thanks in advance.
MR_alien
post Sep 25 2012, 09:20 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,277 posts

QUOTE(M_T_J @ Sep 25 2012, 09:12 PM)
HI everyone,

I am picking up my brand new proton saga FLX 1.3 executive (auto) in a day. I am buying it from Proton branch and not a dealers. The question is, "do I have to check anything in the car before bringing it to my home?" I know that my car has already arrived around two weeks ago, all this time in documentation, my car was with them. Do I have to make sure and check anything?

Thanks in advance.
yes...no matter who u bought it from, u still have to check everything
and especially check the battery terminal, ask them to tighten it...if not later your engine stall
and check other thing, see if theres any damage or something
zeone
post Sep 25 2012, 10:01 PM

A Friend...
712 posts

QUOTE(M_T_J @ Sep 25 2012, 09:12 PM)
HI everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Hi & Welcome as a new Saga owner!! notworthy.gif

Do chk wat yu can esp those items/controls yu use when driving the car normally ie the car functions as a car shld.
It's kinda impossible 2chk everything abt & in the car @ delivery handover time. Besides regular normal car functions eg gearshift, lights, doors, brakes etc functions, chk also for dents/scratches by walking arnd the car AND the spare wheel & tools (esp car-jack) are there!

Then when yu are home, go thru the Car User Manual & try out all parts that are explained in it....

Yu've decided, made yr choice....Be happy AND Enjoy the car!! rclxms.gif thumbup.gif

ps. Practically every car wld hv probs....can guarantee yu that it's NOT Proton cars alone....juz chk out other car forums... tongue.gif
Of course, there will always b those who hv paid lots more $$$ for their choices and.... the rest yu know la... rolleyes.gif
M_T_J
post Sep 25 2012, 10:08 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(zeone @ Sep 25 2012, 10:01 PM)
Hi & Welcome as a new Saga owner!!  notworthy.gif

Do chk wat yu can esp those items/controls yu use when driving the car normally ie the car functions as a car shld.
It's kinda impossible 2chk everything abt & in the car @ delivery handover time. Besides regular normal car functions eg gearshift, lights, doors, brakes etc functions, chk also for dents/scratches by walking arnd the car AND the spare wheel & tools (esp car-jack) are there!

Then when yu are home, go thru the Car User Manual & try out all parts that are explained in it....

Yu've decided, made yr choice....Be happy AND Enjoy the car!!  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif

ps. Practically every car wld hv probs....can guarantee yu that it's NOT Proton cars alone....juz chk out other car forums... tongue.gif
Of course, there will always b those who hv paid lots more $$$ for their choices and.... the rest yu know la... rolleyes.gif
Thanks a lot for the detailed reply and guidance. I will surely see the car, but I am really not a car expert. I can only hope and pray that everything is same PLUS I have already paid for this car. I don't know what a person could do in case of IF?

Added on September 25, 2012, 10:09 pm
QUOTE(MR_alien @ Sep 25 2012, 09:20 PM)
yes...no matter who u bought it from, u still have to check everything
and especially check the battery terminal, ask them to tighten it...if not later your engine stall
and check other thing, see if theres any damage or something
Thanks for the reply. I will try to check whatever I can. Rest we can hope and pray smile.gif

This post has been edited by M_T_J: Sep 25 2012, 10:09 PM
ledtechn
post Sep 25 2012, 10:27 PM

38 posts

Yu've decided, made yr choice....Be happy AND Enjoy the car!!  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif

dont they have the checklist what items need to be checked? then the customer need to sign to verify that everything is okay?
M_T_J
post Sep 25 2012, 10:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ledtechn @ Sep 25 2012, 10:27 PM)
dont they have the checklist what items need to be checked? then the customer need to sign to verify that everything is okay?
I am not aware of that!
dares
post Sep 25 2012, 10:46 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(ledtechn @ Sep 25 2012, 10:27 PM)
IME those checklist are very basic, eg. Engine number, chassis number, accesories, etc. etc.

You might also wanna check the engine and gearbox fluids, power steering fluids, brake fluids, radio (bring pendrive and bluetooth device if supported), power windows, lights, power wing mirrors, handbrake, alarm, wipers, bootlid, fuelcap lid, battery terminals tightened etc. etc.
M_T_J
post Sep 25 2012, 10:51 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Sep 25 2012, 10:46 PM)
IME those checklist are very basic, eg. Engine number, chassis number, accesories, etc. etc.

You might also wanna check the engine  and gearbox fluids, power steering fluids, brake fluids, radio (bring pendrive and bluetooth device if supported), power windows, lights, power wing mirrors, handbrake, alarm, wipers, bootlid, fuelcap lid, battery terminals tightened etc. etc.
wow.. Thanks.. I really didn't know that.. Just now I was talking to one of my friends and he told me that you have to check exactly the same way you check when buying a used car sad.gif.. What's the point of buying a new car if can't trust sad.gif
dares
post Sep 25 2012, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(M_T_J @ Sep 25 2012, 10:51 PM)
wow.. Thanks.. I really didn't know that.. Just now I was talking to one of my friends and he told me that you have to check exactly the same way you check when buying a used car sad.gif.. What's the point of buying a new car if can't trust sad.gif
Not all new cars are made perfect. Let alone a Proton car.

WHen I was collecting my FLX SE, I brought a 2 page long list in my tablet and showed it to my SA. Can't decide his reaction was "surprised" or "displeased" laugh.gif
M_T_J
post Sep 25 2012, 11:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Sep 25 2012, 10:53 PM)
Not all new cars are made perfect. Let alone a Proton car.

WHen I was collecting my FLX SE, I brought a 2 page long list in my tablet and showed it to my SA. Can't decide his reaction was "surprised" or "displeased"  laugh.gif
I would love to have a look at that list.. I may use it as well smile.gif
megat89
post Sep 25 2012, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(M_T_J @ Sep 25 2012, 11:02 PM)
for a new car checklist, go to the myvi thread at the 1st page post no 4..there is a list..basically i think can give u the general idea on what to check..
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2380723#
dares
post Sep 26 2012, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(M_T_J @ Sep 25 2012, 11:02 PM)
Delete jor already blush.gif

The one suggested by megat works as well smile.gif blush.gif
M_T_J
post Sep 26 2012, 08:23 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(megat89 @ Sep 25 2012, 11:13 PM)
for a new car checklist, go to the myvi thread at the 1st page post no 4..there is a list..basically i think can give u the general idea on what to check..
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2380723#
Thanks a lot.. that is a really detailed list. I will print it and take it with me smile.gif

Added on September 26, 2012, 6:45 pm

So I got the car. and they already gave me a list of things to check, it was even bigger and more detailed then the one I prepared smile.gif.. it was good.. they made me check each and everything possible*

Now another question, this is the first time I am driving CVT. Does the gearbox of all these cars sound like "ooooooooooooo" and it is quite noticeable I would say.

tq

Added on September 26, 2012, 9:40 pm
QUOTE(dares @ Sep 26 2012, 12:24 AM)
Delete jor already  blush.gif

The one suggested by megat works as well smile.gif  blush.gif
So I got the car. and they already gave me a list of things to check, it was even bigger and more detailed then the one I prepared smile.gif.. it was good.. they made me check each and everything possible*

Now another question, this is the first time I am driving CVT. Does the gearbox of all these cars sound like "ooooooooooooo" and it is quite noticeable I would say.

tq

Added on September 26, 2012, 9:42 pm
QUOTE(MR_alien @ May 19 2012, 09:20 PM)
if u get out of the car..of course u have to press the button to lock it....
the "auto lock" is that if u "unlock" the car but u never open any door...after 30 second, it will auto lock back..thats all
the SAT will only give u the "feeling" of changing gear

tq

This post has been edited by M_T_J: Sep 26 2012, 09:42 PM
simon4924
post Sep 7 2016, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

Help ... My saga blm when I driving engine light sometime come out and sometime no light .. What is the problem .. Any sifu can help me.
dares
post Sep 7 2016, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(simon4924 @ Sep 7 2016, 11:16 PM)
Help ... My saga blm when I driving engine light sometime come out and sometime no light .. What is the problem .. Any sifu can help me.
Send to service center to check the fault code.

The engine light only indicate something is wrong, and there a hundreds of possibilities.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0513sec    2.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 04:48 PM